14 June | Trouble at Yuctan

Federation survey team on the fringes of the Aldebaran Sector has called for assistance after discovering what appears to be alien technology belonging to a previously unknown culture. Although it appears to be in working order, isotopic dating suggests that the objects found may have been created up to 60 million terran years ago. The isotopic signatures of the material do not match any known prehistoric spacefaring races, and appear to have limited self-repair capability, having ‘grown’ to ‘heal’ the damage caused by sample collection.

Approximately 15 hours ago, they sent a distress signal, reporting that two members of their team had disappeared without trace while investigating the technology. Follow-up communications reported an aerial survey of a thousand miles in every direction using their shuttle had not located them and that they’d detected an unknown energy signature tracking their shuttle as it returned to the landing area.

The 38th has been asked to investigate the disappearances and resolve the situation in accordance with the principles guiding Starfleet.

--

When: Friday, June 14 @ beta

Audience: Semi-Open

Event Type: Structured

Starting Point: Risa Summer Resort Hotel Lobby (For convenience and briefing session)

OOC point of contact: @Junnstormgrin

--

Planetary Away Mission, primarily for Starfleet or Romulan Detachment characters. Some mystery and engineering/science elements along with confrontation. Non-service personnel must have good IC reason for attending.
5 Likes
Are COs allowed to join this?
1 Like
investigate the disappearances and resolve the situation in accordance with the principles guiding Starfleet.

I guess that rules out Nimitz?

Hehe, i'll try and be there.
1 Like
I'll do my best to join with Timo, if COs are allowed XD