14 May: You Are Cordially Invited... (Delta -1)

ICly, You have been invited to the wedding reception of Dmitri and Mathilda Konieczko, which is taking place shortly after their private wedding ceremony. Uniforms or Formal dress is requested, food and drink, music and socializing will be provided.

--

When: Sunday 14 May @ Delta -1

Where: Embassy Lounge

What: Wedding reception, social gathering, mixer. Freeform Social RP!

OOC point of contact: @DoABarrelRoll or @EledriPrime
5 Likes
Totally want to be involved... but at that time on a Sunday with my early work time on Mondays... I highly doubt I'll be able to make it. Alina would love to be there though, she promises she'll make it up to them, heh.
1 Like
I'll be..and hour late :(
At 10 PM that fits perfectly for me. I'll definitely be there.
Obviously Zecou wants to be there, but it is mother's day so I might be late!
I should be awake by 10 PM :d
I'll be there! :)
A quick question about the time for this evening. Right now, this event is on the calendar for 23:00 US Eastern time, whilst the Save the Date event is showing as taking place at 22:00 US Eastern time.

In the post above, it says Delta -1. Delta is 00:00 US Eastern (right?), so Delta -1 is 23:00 US Eastern, yes?

I just want to make sure that if I show up at 23:00 US Eastern Time, like the calendar says, that I'm not going to be an hour late! The conflicting save the date time (which I thought was for this event) is confusing me a bit.
wrote:
A quick question about the time for this evening. Right now, this event is on the calendar for 23:00 US Eastern time, whilst the Save the Date event is showing as taking place at 22:00 US Eastern time.

In the post above, it says Delta -1. Delta is 00:00 US Eastern (right?), so Delta -1 is 23:00 US Eastern, yes?

I just want to make sure that if I show up at 23:00 US Eastern Time, like the calendar says, that I'm not going to be an hour late! The conflicting save the date time (which I thought was for this event) is confusing me a bit.
Well as the "You are Cordially Invited" event on the calendar has a link to this thread when you click on it, I think it's safe to say this is the 11 PM Eastern event with the Save the date being an hour before.
wrote:
Well as the "You are Cordially Invited" event on the calendar has a link to this thread when you click on it, I think it's safe to say this is the 11 PM Eastern event with the Save the date being an hour before.

Yes--I understand they are two separate events on the calendar. Maybe I was not clear in my post: I had understood that the 'save the date' event was for the wedding (this event), and not for something else. If that is not the case, my apologies.
This event is the reception, not the wedding.
2 Likes
wrote:
This event is the reception, not the wedding.
AH! That explains it perfectly. Thank you! :)
2 Likes
Hey folks! So we're going to open the ceremony up to lurkers who would like to come, I've completed a handy guide of directions:
It'll be right here.
Mu9QxRh.png

But more specifically.. Right here.
Lg7ewjk.png
Guests will be in the gazebo, and we're going to open this up to lurkers who will be right..
Here.
17zUCJm.png

Reminder that the ceremony starts at Gamma +2 (7PM PST), the Reception will follow at Delta -1 (8PM PST). Check back here when it gets closer to the reception for some IC props for that!

EDIT: I should add in this is the classic Risa Beach.
2 Likes
For the reception, we're going to be using plug.dj (https://plug.dj/dj-azuzu/) This allows us all to listen to the same music at the same time, there's no subscription or registration needed just pop into the room. We've prepared a playlist, additionally within the embassy hall we've set a scene for you. Hopefully this will cut down on the copy paste.

On the banquet table is a large spread of food, and a few select drinks. It looks to be in a buffet style and luckily if you don't find what you want, the bar is currently stocked and open, plus replicators because Trek.

Main courses

• Roasted stuffed peppers – This appears to just be an earth pepper, cut slightly and stuffed with warm black olives, wheat pilaf and served with a light sauce.
  • 'Pan-seared' Filet of Chicken – It may have been replicated, but it's got those sear marks so maybe not. Served with English pea risotto, tuscan vegetable medley and thyme demi.
  • Detak Prawn Cocktail – An Eledri specialty, the prawn are from Eledri Prime's capital of Detak. It seems to be a normal prawn cocktail otherwise the Eledri techniques.
  • A simple green salad – It's green, leafy and tastes good. Several different earth and alien sauces are nearby to go atop at the guests discretion.

Finger foods
    • Osol twists – A tart Romulan confection for the respected Romulan guests in attendance.
    • Eledri crab roll – A typical crab roll, made out of crab from Eledri Prime.

Drinks
    Both alcoholic and synthehol options are available and clearly labeled of each listed drink below.
    • al'Zuud Sweet – An Eledri sweet wine, it pairs nicely with the prawn cocktail and can be quite potent.
    • Earth champagne – Several flutes of champagne, Dom Pérignon to be specific stand ready to be snatched up on the table.
    • Kali-fal – For the respected Romulan guests in attendance.

Desserts
    • 'Vanilla or Bust' ice cream and frozen dessert serving station – Our friends at Vanilla or Bust have provided this dessert station, with dozens of flavors, toppings and sauces for your sweet tooth.
    • Wedding cake cupcakes – Cupcakes made out of and shaped into little miniature wedding cakes.
3 Likes
::drops this off::

http://imgur.com/a/YdgtS
6 Likes
Thanks for the screenshots Kat! I forgot to take some. :x

Thanks to everyone who turned out to the reception, it made it a whole lot of fun than ending up being 3 or 4 people. I was hoping it wouldn't be stale and I really don't think it was. I've heard nothing but good things so far, so thanks again everyone!
6 Likes
Kat, thank you so much!
2 Likes