16 Jun: Catching breath, part 2

After meeting a new possible ally, our merry band finally gathers all the collected information and plot their next course of action in the search for the Armory...

--

When: Sunday, Jun 16, Beta -1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Fleet dilithium mine

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
Spoiler: It's Log!Show
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *patiently watches as Laila leaves the room* Sooo, what was that call about? *to Egzo*

Egzo@HF_Mudd growls, "Hirogen hit the convoy that Daramar was protecting. She's out of action for a while."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And we're on our own."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I told her, Sadia, we gotta stop this. Gotta take out that Alpha. Or they're just gonna keep huntin' and bleedin' us like this, then fadin' back."

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, "Like I would."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Yeah, it's not a bad strategy. Question is how to counter it..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We need to lure him out somehow, and strike a killing blow.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "He won't come out to face a challenge. I already tried that."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Does Legs have a plan?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "She's gonna try to keep 'em busy, give us cover to keep searchin' for you-know-what."

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around the table again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bah. *to Lorri* Your computer geeks got any useful stuffs outta that Khemak guy's logs?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Might be safer to deal with the Hirogen first...but then again, maybe what we're looking for could give us an edge over them."

Lorri@crystyll pulls out a padd and slides it across the table with a nod

Lorri@crystyll explains anyway, "- Kemak Ghibb was a former member of the Cardassian security council during Dominion war. His logs show he knew of the existence of the Armory, and he also knew that the+

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: +female Founder was aware of the location and that she briefed some vorta before she was taken into custody by the UFP. One of those vorta was Dinun 2"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Our Search of Allied databases has only a reference to Dinun 3, who's part of Dominion embassy staff at Deep Space 9."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "These Vorta carry memories of their past versions, if I remember right. Unlike the Colonial Fleet clones. So Three probably knows what Two was told."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Great, just what we needed... throw the Dominion in the mix.

Egzo@HF_Mudd rolls his eyes again.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Least the person we want hasn't been converted by the Borg."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Don't jinx it.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grunts.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "could set up a comm-link to Vorta, though we'd need to go through OSN diplo channels to make sure they're willing to talk"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Vorta ALWAYS wanna TALK. That ain't the problem."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Will they talk about this secret armoury though?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "hm."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It's not that they have any use of it anymore.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Probably worth a try, at least."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, if that's the case, imma grab our host and see if we can get a secure spot, and get us a mobile holo-comms.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Any other wishes?

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head, claiming one last morsel from the mostly-empty tray he was nomming on earlier.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> One hour later, at a similar table but with a holoemitter at it's middle, in a more secluded spot...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Holoemitter flickers to life as long range comms are established, and a well-dressed Vorta appears...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> Well, this is interesting *his eyes dart across the table* Did I got a wrong call?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> I knew we shouldn't have set up the embassy at this dilapidated cardassian station...

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "It's not as bad as where we're set up now, I bet. But nah, you're the one we're looking for."

Egzo@HF_Mudd stays quiet, surly, and in the background.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> Oh joy. Well, what would you possibly want from a messenger of the Gods?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I can think of plenty of questions I'd like to ask some gods about. But we got a very specific query about something a goddess of yours might've told you."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> My Gods tell me many things. You will have to be more...specific.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Something about a Cardassian armoury that your predecessor was told about. Ring any bells?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> *frowns* Why would I bother about some cardassian weapon stor- ahhh...you must mean the Facility Nin- *cuts himself off and focuses on Lorri* How do you know about this place?

Istar@anncarise smiles, "We got our ways. All you gotta know is that it has nothing to do with your people."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> No matter. What -axactly- do you want?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "I'll be straight with ya- we wanna know where it is. Or...what it is, at that. We figure you don't need it anymore, and you're probably not gonna come all the way out here to retrieve whatever's -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - there."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> *grins* Ahhh now we are coming to the interesting part. Indeed, it would seem we are friends now. And friends *spreads his arms wide* help each another.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> I -know- of the location of the facility you speak of. And I am willing to divulge this information...for a small favor.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "And what might that be?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd glowers silently at the image, entertaining idle violent fantasies.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> Something within your capabilities, I believe. Just a tying of loose ends so to speak. *his eyes focus* There is this Jem'Hadar, a former First, now a traitor.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> Imagine the heresy, to disobey the Gods! He refused to return home after the war and decided to stay here...now he's misusing the gifts given to him, doing -mercenary- work.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "And you wanna get rid of him."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> For this, he and others he poisoned, must die. Do this for me, no, for the Gods, and I will provide the information you seek.

Istar@anncarise looks to Egzo and Lorri, letting the important people decide whether to accept the deal.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <Dinun 3> Ulan'katar and his "Spinebreakers" have an outpost in th vicinity of the Arawath system *he takes out the padd a pokes at it, sending the data* I will know when the deed is done - no need -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - to contact me again. My steward will send you the information. I would like to stay and chat, but I have more pressing matters to attend to. Do try your best.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles but nods.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Comms cut, making Vorta's smug face fizzle and disappear.

Sadia@gulremal sits on a stool.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles out loud, "This chain'a deals an' favors just keeps gettin' longer."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: What an asshole.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "That it does...though I never expected him to give up that kinda info for free."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Whatever's in this armoury, it sounds valuable."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But do we really want to take his offer? He might just want to get rid of us simply for knowing this?

Egzo@HF_Mudd frowns but shakes his head.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I dun think so. I don't get that kinda read off him."

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: you heard about this jem'hadar, but only indirectly. he is registered at ferengi mercenary guild, and he's technically doing the legal job - though this might be challenged by the

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: fact he's using dominion property, so to speak (aka gear and ships)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Annoying, but sticks to the deal if we do."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Maybe the Jemmie'll make us a better offer."

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: this was not an issue after the war since dominion isolated themselves, but with their re-emergence both during Iconian war and now H'urq, dominion is slowly reestabishing their -

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: - presence, at least diplomatically

[Tell] To Sadia@gulremal: (copy, will mention when appropriate.)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmmm...think we could hire him to help us against Hirogen?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Mebbe.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she procures a bag of cookies, puts it on table and starts munching*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *turns to Lorri and Istar* What do you girls think?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Can't say for sure if that Dinun is gonna keep his word...but don't think he'll turn on us if we do as he asks."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "We can't be the only ones who know about this rogue Jemmie. If he's been working as a merc since the war ended, it's a little too late to make sure nobody alive knows about him."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Maybe he wants to make an example? Many jemmies refused to retreat back to Gamma when the war ended.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah. He's registered with the Ferengi and everything."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Hasn't been a thing until now, but with the Dominion makin' themselves heard on this side'a the wormhole again..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: More the reason to get to him, then.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "They're all about control. It's right in the /name/. And if they can get someone else t'do it FOR 'em, even better."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmmmm...how about we put this cookie crumbs chase on a hold, hire ourselves a small task force and just smash the damn Hirogen and what's left of NCR?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Legs gets the bill, and we all take some time off at Risa?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Or hire the Jemmie to deal with the NCR. Either side winning'll help us one way or another."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Great...now I'm thinking like a Cardassian."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We start with this Jem'hadar guy, maybe even with these reklar guys, also see what's available on Ferenginar - it's not that far away from here - maybe do a quick trip to DS9 too.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Bara.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *looks at Egzo* What do you say? Yeeees, it's not what Legs wants, but what she wants is not always what she needs.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Besides, once Hirogen and NCR are toast, we can return and look for this Armory at our leisure.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "I ain't happy about her 'keepin' em busy', no."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I said it before, I wanna END this."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** OOC: this is just one of the options on how to proceed, mostly up to you folks. there are atm 4 options (if you remember the staff meeting notes) you can pursue

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* I just don't trust the Dominion.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Don't think anybody in this quadrant really does."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, me either."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I say we take a breather, check out contacts and options, and reconvene via holos on the ships?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I think we can trust /that guy/ to do what he says, /if/ we do what he says, but /only/ if one'a his "gods" don't order him otherwise."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That's a lot of ifs and buts. I'd just grab folks I know won't fire at my back and send the Hirogen packing back to Delta.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods firmly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right, imma see if I can contact some of my old friends...if we decide to go "kick the hirogen" route, will be good to have some folks at standby.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like