Letter of Reprimand: Eli Altais

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 92277

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT Altais, Eli Roan
CC VADM Rilem; CAPT Morton; <Starfleet JAG Office, Aldebaran Sector>

SUBJ Letter of Reprimand

Captain Altais,

You are accused of two instances of failure to carry out the orders of your superior officers, related to the mandatory third-party inspection of your vessel's medical facilities. You are further accused of making unprofessional and morally dubious statements about a fellow officer, in public. It is the determination of this command that your recent actions constitute Insubordination and Conduct Unbecoming an Officer.

The following disciplinary actions will be taken:

1. Effective immediately, you are suspended from duty for a period of no less than seven days.

2. The command of your vessel (USS Oakham) shall be transferred to the currently listed Executive Officer until such time as you are deemed fit for duty by Starfleet Medical (to include a physical and psychological evaluation) and Starfleet Command. Any mitigating factors discovered will be documented as an addendum to this notice.

3. For a period of no less than thirty days after your return to command (regardless of time lapsed) the USS Oakham (or other vessel as command sees fit) shall not be assigned to any solo missions, nor shall it be designated as the lead ship for any multi-vessel assignments.

4. This notice will be permanently attached to your Starfleet personnel file and made available for review by any future promotions boards, awards committees, or superior officers to whom an understanding of your service record is relevant.

Your actions have jeopardized your standing and reputation within the Federation and potentially the standing and reputation of the Federation within the galactic community. You are strongly advised to consider the implications of your actions, and to understand that further violations may endanger your career in Starfleet.

You have 48 hours to acknowledge receipt and understanding, or to dispute the claims by filing a request for court martial. If you request court martial, limits on the severity of punishment are waived, and if found guilty, you may be subject to disciplinary actions up to demotion, discharge from Starfleet service, or incarceration.

//SIGNED//
Fleet Captain Neema Perim
Second Officer, 38th Fleet
8 Likes
Second Officer, 38th Fleet,

Consider this acknowledgement and understanding of reprimand.

Altais, E.R
5 Likes

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 92283.2

zpglS1t.png
TO FCAPT Perim, Neema
CC VADM Rilem; CAPT Altais; DS-13 Psychology Department; <Starfleet JAG Office, Aldebaran Sector>

SUBJ ALTAIS, E. R. PHYSICAL #34-92283

Captain Perim,

It's the sound mind of I, Commander Soalina zh'Lindresko - certified Starfleet Medical Physician, Chief Medical Officer of Deep Space Thirteen - do grant Captain Eli Roan Altais with a clear bill of health.

I have the full physical results for one Captain Eli Roan Altais attached to this document for your convenience should you wish to go through them. Captain Altais' physical health appears to be very adequate for service, and have located no flaws on which to indicate any issues relating to his service as Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Oakham. However, I will detail the few short points of interest that I'd like to show. Through use of a standard bodily scan, my instruments immediately picked up high levels of adrenaline, which lead me to discover the high traffic through his sympathetic nervous system. It's clear that the Captain is under stress, though that's hardly my area of expertise to expand on further aside from recording the neurons themselves. I would like to point out within the past several months, this hasn't been overly uncommon.

I then proceeded with a neural scan, I wanted to compare what we had on record for Mr. Altais to what we have currently, and there wasn't any significant changes aside from the already mentioned heightened signs of stress. High levels of cortisol and a bio-compound that I'm unable to identify, but again referring back to the Captains previous medical records, this compound has been present previously, both in higher and lower concentrations. From this, I've also been able to determine the Captain suffers from a collection of mild and strong migraines, so have prescribed a mild analgesic for the time being.

Both his physical exercise and sight tests have again proved to have no issues, Lieutenant Commander Shaek conducted the fitness portion of his physical in one of the physical fitness suites, and other than the odd complaint, Captain Altais reportedly cooperated within reason.

NEURAL IMPUT#ALT23&1 10 HR 505, 507, 525, 1152, 1201, 1202, AND 4326;
NEURAL IMPUT#ALT23&1 15 UQN 504, 35, 789, 532, 978, 1115, 1231, AND 2509;
ROUTINE USE(S): SECT: RPRT-ALT-E-R-INJECT 200CL
JUM: LINDRESKO; SUBALPHA-CMO SQ-603-41A7 NLP - FIELD//PHYSICALCONC_RERPORT

//SIGNED//
Doctor Soalina zh'Lindresko
Chief Medical Officer, Deep Space Thirteen

8 Likes
TO FCAPT Perim
CC VADM Rilem, DS13/Medical, DS13/Counseling
FROM LCDR Sedai, K.
RE Psych Clearance, E.ALTAIS

Assessment attached.

I'd tell you to refer him to counseling, but we prefer to help people who want to be helped here. Let me know if you figure out how to motivate him to that effect.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling

--

Spoiler: OPEN ATTACHMENTShow
Evaluator: Sedai, Katriel Eden
Authority: Psychological Counselor, Deep Space 13

Subject: Altais, Eli
Stardate: ((04.18.16))
Length of Interview: 3.5 hrs

PURPOSE OF EVALUATION

Determine subject's state of mental health for restoration to command.

EVALUATION CONCLUSION

The authority granted by Starfleet Medical P.D. finds the subject to be of sound mental health and fit for active duty, with secondary reservations. It is recommended that any future charges of insubordination should be weighted with greater severity on account of the present evaluation results.

SUMMARY OF FINDINGS

At this time, authority registers that she has had the benefit of observing the subject in occasional personal settings, as well as professional ones. The observations listed in this report will be limited to those made during the listed interview duration, while stipulating that it may be impossible to fully separate these layers of impression.

Primary topics during the interview consisted of attempting to determine the subject's personal motivations in his interactions with others and his overall career arc in Starfleet. Authority will concede that the interview was generally very trying, as the subject tended towards demonstrating a fairly recalcitrant attitude during most of it. His responses were consistently terse and frequently sharpened with sarcasm. When asked questions, he would periodically evade the obligation of answering by providing his own query, often rhetorical, almost always derailing the authority's effort to illuminate the content of the subject's conscious state of mind.

None of this was helped by the persistence of the subject's mildly disdainful manner, which gave the authority the distinct impression that the subject felt like his time was presently being wasted. Authority imagines that if this demeanor is carried over in the subject's interactions with other sentients, it may be the root reason for a lot of friction that the subject encounters.

However, the subject fared significantly better when authority's questions targeted more concrete subjects and hypothetical situations, rather than abstracted emotions or personal motivations. As a result, the authority is generally assured that the subject does understand principal Starfleet values and even the organization's general methodology and application of said values, even while the authority is unable to determine whether or not they are items he personally holds dear.

It is the authority's opinion that the subject is capable of returning to duty and functioning with serviceable skill, perhaps even with distinction. Authority's primary reservations rest on the subject's inability to cooperate or even act with a baseline level of respect towards his colleagues and superiors. Should he be unable to rein this behavior in, he is exceptionally likely to get into more fractious encounters with those who do not have the time to put up with his mannerisms which appear to be, unfortunately, naturally detractive.

((The full, attached report goes on for another 11 pages.))
6 Likes