Report: Eledri Prime Genetic and Archaeological Analyses

1qAjEb9.png
TO <KHRIOV Rellir>>
FROM <CMDR Thue>
SUBJ Eledri Prime Genetic and Archaeological Analyses
BH1Pd8X.png

Khre'Riov,

Please find enclosed my full reports for submission to command. Also included will be Professor Ahnar tr'Veras' gathered data in relation to the archaeological review of the ruins on Eledri Prime. All data from my genetic studies and from his archaeological review is compiled into this report; all data included in this report has been submitted in the form of a paper for peer review/possible publushing to

The Federation Anthropological Journal
The Starfleet Journal of Science
The Republic Scientific Review

No compromising/classified details were obtained regarding the Romulan people.

Initial intent: To determine if Eledri are descendants of the Romulanoid peoples.

Arrival at Eledri Prime was met with respect by the Eledri Unity's representatives. Professor tr'Veras and I were afforded sizeable quarters and access to personal scientific teams for the breadth of the study, including laboratories available planetside. My experiments and tests were run in both laboratories to confirm that bias or contamination was never a factor.

In my personal work with the Eledri, a large pool of volunteers (statistical data available in the files) provided us with a span of Eledri genetic material to observe.

Our work on Eledri Prime confirmed my theory as posited above. All Eledri encountered share genetic markers that Romulan and Vulcan species also do share. They are not purely Romulanoid, as is clear by their physical characteristics. Interbreeding with a now extinct native race has created what we know as the modern alien species 'Eledri'.

Professor tr'Veras and his team focused study on the Vulcan zone of Eledri Prime, as Vulcan monks have established influence and a Syrannite 'temple' on-planet. He was met with a fair amount of resistance but was able to convince the Syrannite Eledri to allow him and his team to dig in designated areas. His findings were in sync with the genetic evidence: objects of Romulanoid origin and design, dated back to the time of Exodus and the Sundering, were located in the soil.

The Eledri Unity attempted to disprove our analyses but were unable to. The prevailing cultural theory is that the Eledri were always as they are. Due to this there may be a degree of cultural pushback from citizenry. This was likely an attempt to avoid the truth reaching their people for concern of political backlash.

Summarized for Command's benefit:

The research of Riov Thue i'Iuruth t'Xereth and Professor Ahnar i-Rhallan tr'Veras concludes that the Eledri species is Romulanoid in origin. Genetic evidence and archaeological evidence shows us that after the Sundering, during the time of the Romulan diaspora, an undocumented ship (likely not a Homeship, perhaps a scout vessel) hopelessly lost course and found itself on a foreign planet. Data shows the species interbred into the Eledri people was not genetically diverse and likely on the edge of extinction by the time first contact was made with the Romulan explorers.

This interaction and interbreeding has led to what we now know as the Starfleet member race, the Eledri. Given this knowledge and their willingness to embrace our studies and accept our data, I must strongly urge we attempt to open further official diplomatic relations with their people. The possibility of the diaspora resulting in a new species is a relatively new and exciting concept. It could change our understanding of precisely what other members of the Fleet were up to.

Additionally after publication I would request we possibly task further scientific teams to work with the Eledri to improve our knowledge base.

>>attached file: geneticstudy_pl
>>attached file: archaestudies_pl
>>attached file: fullreporteledrirelation

///SIGNED///

Commander i'Iuruth t'Xereth
R.R.W. Aensai
7 Likes