GNN Report: Ahnar tr'Veras on DS13 Terrorist Attack

PICTURE: Ahnar tr'Veras, professor of xenoarchaeology, leaving the DS13 sickbay. He looks worried; his hair is tousled. He doesn't immediately see the reports -- he looks overwhelmed -- but he agrees to be flagged down by the reporters.

REPORTER: Professor tr'Veras! Professor! Can you tell us more about --

AHNAR: Y-yes. He runs his hand through his hair. Commander Thue t'Xereth was wounded in the blast, yes, I can confirm that. You'll have to ask the doctors for more --

He stabilizes a little more, and then looks away from the reporter, into the camera.

AHNAR: I know I speak for most in the Romulan Republic when I praise the heroism and selflessness of Captain Andre Freeman. Because of Captain Freeman, Commander t'Xereth is alive, as are countless others who were to attend the commendation party. We have a term in Rihan... mnhei'sahe. Laying down your life for the people you believe in, the people in your command, for the goals you cherish, is the ultimate form of this, and the most honorable death a rihannsu can achieve. I know I will never forget what Captain Freeman did for us, and rihannsu have long memories.

And so, in Captain Freeman's memory and in the honor of our alliance with the Federation and how he honored it with his very life... I am announcing that we will not let fear or terror stand in the way of what the Republic stands for: a new age of friendship, of understanding, of the development of ideas. The Republic grows fast. The Republic grows strong. We do this because we do not stand behind old excuses of xenophobia and closed-mindedness. This... terrorism, this attack, was Tal Shiar behavior. It is evil. It is not what ch'Rihan stands for. And everyone here knows what the Republic has done to the Tal Shiar.

He takes an emotional gulp.

The Commander and I plan on continuing with the joint project as set out with our agreement with the Eledri. That is the best way to honor Freeman's memory as well as the desires of true Eledri, who understand that the way to knowledge is hand-in-hand with allies. We plan on recommending that the lab and the building that houses it be called the Freeman Building, in honor of our cherished ally and the mnhei'sahe he stands for, but, of course, that's a matter for others to decide and confirm. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to see to some things...

He leaves.
18 Likes