Security Level 1 - Open
Stardate: 93721.2

TO <DS13 Security Staff>
CC Capt Thiessen, Cmdr Caspius, Cmdr Kozath
FROM Cmdr Wilson
SUBJ New Appointment of Deputy Chief of Security
4OB3P0J.png

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As some of you may or may not have heard, I have been appointed as your new Deputy Chief of Security effective this stardate. Those of you who do not know me let me introduce myself. I'm Ricky Chance Wilson, I've served in Starfleet some thirteen years in that time I've fought two wars, have served on a total of four ships of which I have commanded two and have served on two starbases. Of the thirteen years I have seven where spent in security. You could say that I have grown to have expectations of what security is and how it should be used.

I have heard great things about the people in this department, I will test these assumptions. That in mind I have a list of things that will be started this month, while I'm sure Commander Kozath drills and inspects I will be conducting my own in the coming days. Also look forward to meeting with me one on one as I get a feel for what we have to work with. Once I have that feel I will be working with each team to fix in deficiencies that I find. During this time I will be also starting an audit on equipment and weapons, mainly to check effectiveness, wear and tear, and to have accountability. These are the big things for this month and next, as I learn of what we have and what kind of people we have I will have a plan of action drawn up based on that information, so look forward to my next memo.

Day job aside, I look forward to serving with you all and I hope we can be the team that we need to be.

//SIGNED\\
Commander Ricky C. Wilson
Deputy Chief of Security
Deep Space 13, 38th Fleet
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93721.3
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Wilson
CC CAPT Thiessen, CMDR Kozath
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. New Appointment of Deputy Chief of Security
4OB3P0J.png

Commander Wilson,

Your official title on this station is Acting Assistant Chief of Security. For the avoidance of confusion, you are expected to use only your official title, and not alternate titles of your own devising, including but not limited to 'Deputy Chief'.

Consider this a reminder that we expect our officers to adhere to regulations and protocol, whether in action or in their professional communications.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
10 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open
Stardate: 93721.2

TOCmdr Caspius
FROM Cmdr Wilson
SUBJ New Appointment of Deputy Chief of Security
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

Deputy Chief is the working title of an assistant department head. Assistant Chief or Deputy Chief are approved for use according to SF Code 879-1 Section 7 in which as you will read details the appropriate use of titles, ranks and positions. I furthermore do not appreciate the "Titles of your own devising." remark and I will ask that you retract that statement as it is frankly disrespectful.

//SIGNED\\
Commander Ricky C. Wilson
Deputy Chief of Security
Deep Space 13, 38th Fleet
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93722.2
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Wilson
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. Notice of Report
4OB3P0J.png

CMDR Wilson,

This is your formal notice that you are on report for insubordination.

I am aware that in your previous posting you were in command and were given latitude to interpret rules as you saw fit, as is the privilege and duty of an officer in command of a vessel. However, on this station, you are not in command. You are required instead to respect the chain of command and to adhere to our regulations as the command of this station interprets them. This is quite apart from the fact that the regulation you cite does not exist.

This is not the best way for you to begin your posting on Deep Space 13.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
10 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93722.2
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Caspius
FROM CMDR Wilson
SUBJ. Formal Protest
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

Again with the blatant disrespect. I dont know what your Vulcan mind is thinking but you can look up SF Code 879-1 Section 7 on just about any console in reach and I advise you to do so. I will be filing a formal protest for your conduct.

//SIGNED//
Commander Ricky Wilson
Acting Deputy Chief of Security
Deep Space 13, 38th Fleet[/quote]
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93722.2
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Wilson
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. Suspension from Duty
4OB3P0J.png

CMDR Wilson,

Following another instance of insubordination whilst on report for the same, you are suspended from duty, effective stardate 93722.2, until further notice.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
12 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93723.6
Security Level 1
TO CMDR Wilson
CC CMDR Caspius, CMDR Kozath
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ. Re: Suspension from Duty
4OB3P0J.png

Commander Wilson,

We're going to need to have a chat. My office will be in touch with you.

//SIGNED//
Commanding Officer
Captain Tau Thiessen, Deep Space Thirteen
5 Likes