AAR Investigation with Xedi Government

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 94306.5
FILED BY:
CAPTAIN Emery Quint
SECURITY:

Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Assist the Xedi Government with a follow up investigation of the drugging of the visiting delegates during the election.

OUTCOME: Possible success, two possible suspects taken into custody to be interviewed.

KEY PERSONNEL:
Captain Emery Quint
Commander Nimitz
Commander t'Xereth

NARRATIVE: Upon arrival we received authorisation from the Xedi to conduct the investigation as we saw fit, deffering to our experience and technology. Commander Nimitz pursued interviews of the kitchen staff that prepared the meal. Commander t'Xereth worked with the Xedi Security Office to track down the server who asked her to try the cake she'd been drugged with.

Commander Nimitz and I worked in the kitchen, as he questioned the staff I had samples of the food and utensils scanned in the Victory's lab. The scans returned no DNA left to check against, however the Commander managed to get a lead and after checking the bank records found one worker had come into a fair amount of money. He wished to pursue this lead with the Security Agency of the Xedi. I allowed that and then moved to see how COmmander t'Xereth;s investigation had gone.

Commander t'Xereth had tracked down the server and the Ministers had the Security Agency bring the man in. He was understandably concerned. During the course of this it was asked if we could conduct the interview on the Victory, away from the unhappy and unfriendly eyes of the Ministers. I was then made aware that Commander Nimitz had recovered an individual requesting asylum on the Victory. I agreed and with the Miniteries permission collected the suspects. We did not advise them of the asylum seeker just yet. Both are currently on the USS Victory in guest quarters, but under guard, and being kept separate from one another.

RECOMMENDATION: A follow up interview with both individuals is recommended as well as follow up with the Xedi GOvernment. Hopefully to clear up why one is seeking asylum.

OOC:Anothe rof Beyalra's events. Anyone else is welcome to post follow up reports.
3 Likes
SUBMITTED:
Stardate 94309.5
FILED BY:
CMDR Thue
SECURITY:

Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: Assist the Xedi Government with a follow up investigation of drugged food during Ministry vote.

OUTCOME: Two persons of interest apprehended.

KEY PERSONNEL:
Commander Thue
Captain Emery Quint
Commander Nimitz

NARRATIVE:

Upon arrival, I separated from Captain Quint and Commander Nimitz in order to work with the security office. The intoxicant allowed me to retain most of what I experienced that evening vividly, and the attempt was made to track down the server who initially suggested I consume the cake. He, additionally, had spoken to me politically in a way that implied dissatisfaction.

I was able to locate the server. All servers had been vetted by the Xedi Ministry - informing Minister Petty, we had Xedi security track down the male, known as Dorin.

He was apprehended and brought before us. The server seemed panicked and implications were made by Minister Perry as to the absolute power they wielded to do things such as apprehend suspects as easily as they were.

It was about this time Captain Quint and the other Minister returned to ask about progress. I found myself disquieted by the entire scenario. I will elaborate by stating that I have no evidence to point to misdeeds by the Xedi government, but rather my instinct as an officer who labored under the Tal'Shiar guiding me.

Due to this I suggested to Captain Quint that he request to hold the person of interest, Dorin, aboard his vessel until as such a time that we can question him properly. He was quite simply too terrified of the Ministers - be it a ruse or true terror - to give much information at the time of retrieval.

This person and a person Commander Nimitz found were transferred under the care of Captain Quint. We departed the planet.

RECOMMENDATION: A full interrogation will need to be conducted involving the person of interest I obtained (I intend to conduct this interrogation myself, following Starfleet humanitarian law). I cannot speak to the other.

However it is recommended that time is given to allow separation from concerns on his planet and worries of the ministers' reprisal in order to give the most accurate information. Separation and time treated with 'kindness' and 'luxury' will bring us several advantages. It will help me to suss out his true emotional state - detachment from family and home may cause anxieties to rise, making his emotions easier to access and making him more willing to speak. On the other hand, if this was a ruse and he is a political activist with little left to lose, that can more easily be determined by his attitude...which will likely be more lax.

I would suggest, so long as we can manage it, a 1-2 week downtime. Allow him to brood and treat him kindly by your Starfleet laws. It will serve our goals.

2 Likes