Personal Logs - Seral Val S'Nat

94511.5 - DS13
<FX> Audio of soft music plays in the background. The voice transcription begins when Seral speaks. She can be seen moving in and out of frame, apparently arranging her quarters.<>

This is the first entry in the data file labeled personal log of Seral Val S'Nat. I have just set up a data recovery program with intention of recovering my previous log entries that were corrupted by unexpected radiation burst from RS 8474-473-8-3665102-368 while performing our survey on the 4th planet in that system. I have set the function to lowest priority, with an expected resolution at just over 15,540,000 seconds at current operational load.

I am currently establishing myself in quarters, my small number of belongings not seeming to find placement within these larger quarters simply. The single bunk and desk space on board the Curie, shared with Ens Chandler seemed to hold them more in expression more succinctly, as if to say clearly, I belong here.

<FX> Finally apparently satisfied with the placement of half a dozen items from her small case, she sits and faces the visual sensor.<>

I am Lieutenant Seral Val S'Nat, service identification VA-391-1033, this is my personal log. I am now assigned to 38th Fleet, due to the reorganization of the 11th fleet. While DS15 is still in existence, the rumor I overheard was that the starbase was to be re-tasked as a staging ground in the conflict with the Hur'q. It is agreeable to be assigned elsewhere, while in truth I am not entirely certain I ever felt that DS15 was a home to me.

I am beginning with these personal logs with purpose not exclusively, but with intention for more regularity at the advice of LT Bedard, the Starfleet Counselor who was assigned to my case aboard the Faraday. I have been negligent in taking the time to express my thoughts as she suggested, and analyzing my emotions in regard to the past, and present situations. Now that I am at a duty station with no travel requirements, I have no excuse not to engage.

I have meditated on the statements that Estell made, it was not logical or rational to have such an emotional reaction. However, it may be true that I am neglecting to face emotional issues in a healthy manner and may in fact be using my Vulcan heritage as an excuse to bury them and not 'face them' as is warranted. I however am caught between several different possibilities. Suppression, to allow for my continued efficient operation in the cause of my duty, or succumbing to the emotion that threatens to remove my mind from rational state state of being. As a Vulcan I find the latter possibility not only distasteful, but unacceptable. However, a single soft spoken voice from childhood still is louder in my memory than the many years of training with Grandfather at the monastery. The words still are true, though I try to deny them, "A life of pure logic is barren, emotion is necessary to create meaning and fulfillment. You must come to terms with emotional responses through acceptance and controlled release rather than suppression."

<FX> Seral sits staring forward, as if transported to another place in her mind for several moments. Then she rises, and collects a soft sided bag, her gym gear, only pausing as if an after thought as she reaches the door. Her voice is heard again briefly.<>

Computer, suspend recording.
4 Likes
94511.65 - DS13
Computer, Resume Log
<FX> Silence in the room but for a bit of movement in the dark. Then the lithe Vulcan sits in the chair before the visual pickup, a towel on her shoulders and dressed in a robe.She gently pats the length of her hair with the towel as she speaks.<>

I was assigned duty station in the #42 lab, as I am being introduced to the fleet, I am filling in as- a data analyst on other's projects. It is a logical assignment for a temporary posting, and I find my coworkers to be of a diverse group as can be expected with those who are creative and analytical. I have no complaints except for the smell emanating from lab 14, and I find it very agreeable that my work space is not near this group.

I have begun preliminary inquiries into a possible research opportunity. In an effort to be congenial and welcoming of friendly species as it is the responsibility of all Starfleet officers, I made acquaintance of Haaron. His home world HaaronDra-CaUilo-Dra is in relatively local space to DS13, as much as any world was for DS15. Why this is of interest; however, is that casual conversation has brought about knowledge to be imparted concerning the indigenous plant life. The plants migrate across the surface under their own power. It is my opinion that the ambassador opened up so quickly because I remembered the name of his people, the "Toblak", an association from a scanning report of what species I may encounter on the station. Regardless of the fact that the species name is the only thing that I remembered, and cannot seem to locate the data file now, Haaron seems to be very willing to open up and share information with me in casual dialogue.

As a member of Starfleet with diplomatic training, I am reminded that such exchanges are rare, and it is my responsibility to keep communication channel open and provide for an exchange of information and understanding between the Federation and his people. I have agreed to visit his ship, which is docked at the station. He wished to, as part of his diplomatic tradition, provide a meal and tour of his ship. The standard gravity of which was reported to be significant, as I am from a higher gravity environment myself I believe this should not be an issue. His statements also included he usually breaths a much thicker mixture of the same gasses. I suspect that this may be as breathing in a mist on a constant basis, and also tolerable. He also informed that his people would need to dress, for my comfort. It is apparently the tradition of his people to forgo coverings as part of daily habit.

This is not particularly troublesome. I have attended an event on Betazed in which all guests were encouraged to eschew clothing and was unharmed physically or psychologically. I am healthy and not malformed. However, Haaron shared a piece of knowledge that explained, at least logically to my mind, why their people go without clothing. The Toblak have several unique mental traits. Each is telepathic, and they share a sort of reverie while unconscious which allows every member of the species in close proximity to share in the memories of the experiences of every other member of the species. What is more, Haaron explain that every member of the species has perfect memory. No degradation, or modification by the subconscious or the editing of particularly troubling sections of the memories. As such, every member of the Toblak remembers every second of life of every other Toblak. While I would, in the name of diplomacy entertain the experience of a dinner engagement without clothing, I am sincerely appreciative of his offer to have his people dress for me instead. I am not ready or willing for my nakedness to become a permanent memory for an entire species.

I began this log earlier, and needed to pause recording to meditate on this realization before speaking it to record. I did however discover the recreation deck of this station does have variable gravity settings for gym equipment, running track and workout floor. Furthermore, much to my appreciation to discover, a large lap pool and heated soak bath. I am appreciative that I will be able to resume my regimen of swimming that I was forced to give up when I left the Academy.

I will of course, post another entry into this log after experiencing the dinner engagement with Haaron.
1 Like
Stardate 94516.0 - USS Atlantis

<FX> Image appears of Seral from a low angle, apparently the video pick up is from a PADD. The Sound is that of a turbo lift in operation.<>

Personal Log, Stardate 94516.0, I am reporting to duty aboard the USS Atlantis, one of the two Starships on permanent station at DS15. I looked into these during my first twenty-four hours on the station. While this is my first time stepping food on board the Atlantis NCC 93281, I have been on board the class before and know my way around. My concern is that such an older vessel being dispatched to a combat zone may be a mistake. It is my sincere hope that the commander understands her limitations and does not attempt to overreach her abilities.

Further note for conversation with Estell; I was on-board DS9 just a couple of weeks ago. To think of such a sturdy station in devestated condition is of great concern. I should analyse my feelings on this at a later time.
4 Likes
Stardate 94523.7 - USS Atlantis

<FX> Image appears of Seral entering private quarters, lights at standard as recording begins. The woman appears emotional, her voice wavering, she drops her jacket over a chair.<>

Computer, Begin recording... Personal log...
<FX> Approaching a desk with video pickup, she pauses to pull off her boots as she is walking, becoming further frustrated with herself the slings the second boot toward the camera where it impact causing vibration and the sound of clattering PADDs scattering from the surface. She growls audibly as she picks them up then lands in the chair before the camera with little of the poise the officer is known to present.<>

I was on shift for 17 hrs before taking a meal break.. I have been studying the available data on file for Hur'q.. ships, forms and DNA since just after arriving on post double shifts for days. Estell would tell me I am stretching myself too thin, she would be correct. I had to be reminded by a junior officer that I had been at my desk without break too long. I cannot ask more of my small staff than I am willing to put forth, and though we are short handed I am convinced we can provide something of value to the outcome and save some lives. Regardless, I will have to delegate more tomorrow, it is my job to see the big picture, to to do everything myself.

<FX> She sighs and attempts to control her breathing.<>

I have not meditated, regardless of need or time, I must do this before resting this evening. I am on shift again in .. ug.. 3.1 hours. Perhaps meditation will have to suffice. I am losing emotional control, which I cannot have. Allowing emotions to educate my reactions is appropriate, allowing them to overrule my control is not. I will ask the doctor for a stimulant in the morning, and take a rest after my shift... I promise Estell.

<FX> Tapping on the control console with corresponding tones, the lights lower and the lieutenant steps off camera but her voice continues as it is apparent she is changing her mode of dress.<>

Computer, append subhead "Note for Estell"... I encountered an Orion ship captain in conversation at the bar, Quarks. Yes, I was on DS9, and I know that places me in a less emotionally controlled state to begin with.. Her name not important, for except for perhaps her strong scent, she was more as a Klingon than anything else. It was her words though, near identical... "Diplomacy is the art of war with words, and a party of diplomats, is just like a battlefield, only the knives are aimed at your back." she said.

I choked, literally, my throat closed as it did that day with his hand around my throat when he thrust the knife into my side. I can still hear his deep Klingon voice, "Diplomacy is the art of war with words, like the battlefield but with the knives in your back, Romulan!". I close my eyes and can see his eyes fill with hatred as he launches at me knocking the table aside. I remember feeling the heat of my own blood wicking away as it drained from me, and the cold of his blade that seemed to burn my insides as he twisted it, and the stars forming in my vision as I was losing consciousness.

I do not still, to this day, remember disarming him or using a nerve pinch to disable Koreg as my superiors placed in the report. But I do remember the smell of gagh and blood wine on his breath and the hatred in his eyes.

<FX>A single candle flame lights in the middle of the room<>

I promise Estell, I am not suppressing this memory.. I am.. meditating on it, so I may.. not find myself taken by surprise by my own history in the future. Perhaps it is time I visited Klang's again, it's been over a year. Computer; end log

<FX>A single chiming sound is the last thing to be heard on the recording.<>
4 Likes
Stardate 94536.0 - USS Atlantis

Computer; Open Personal Log

<FX>Video pickup focuses on LT Seral in a starship sciences lab, seated at a desk. Her demeanor a touch agitated, she draws another breath before beginning.<>

Ens Hatoria was sent to sick bay; I filled in last evening for the balance of her shift. I returned to the Atlantis after taking a break to rest my eyes and attempt to relax in the DS9 establishment Quarks. I indulged in an Iced tea and salted pretzel sticks while conversing with Lt Kelda. We were approached by a Ferengi, claiming to be a Daimon named Zasj. He spoke with us for several minutes and then commented about how difficult it is to hold a conversation with me, and that he was trying to start up a friendship.

I have known too many Ferengi to believe that such an arrangement would not be to his profit and my loss to be dismayed that he was not feeling encouraged. Regardless of his attempt, he had feigned an interest in offering his crew to aid in the repairs, and was annoyed that I was not able to personally give him access and direction. Since that is not something I am currently involved in, such disappointment is not rational. I did direct him to DS9 Operations, while Lt Kelda attempted to refer him to the Admiral. I am pondering sending a warning and apology to the admiral concerning the possible contact. I would have done so already, had I not been unsure at the time, and sure as of his leaving, that his entreaty of aid was not genuine. Perhaps I will be pleasingly surprised.

What I am not pleased with however is that my team did not alert me when new data which I had been requesting was made available. Regardless of how many hours on duty, I would have preferred to have been notified when Data concerning the Hur'q from Dominion scienctist became available. Now I am 10 hours behind in analysis, and the team has not taken it upon themselves to begin work on this data packet.

<FX>Seral can be seen tapping on the data terminal all the while she speaks. Her face shows a little surprise, the pauses and summons several people people over. She manual turns off the recording.<>
1 Like
Stardate 94550.7 - USS Atlantis

Computer; Open Personal Log

<FX>Video pickup focuses on LT Seral in a starship sciences lab, seated at a desk. Her demeanor calm.<>

I have been analyzing probe telemetry data coming in from the early warning network. Now that the fleet has reported victory, I have set my team to collating of the sensor data to include a four dimensional map of the battle for study on the holodeck. The better we understand them, the more likely we will be successful in the goal of protecting populated worlds from their frenzy. The simulation will be made available to fleet tactical as soon as the Commander and Admiral approve.

We are still analyzing movements with commands in order to try to decode their language. We have had a decoding program running on the Atlantis computers for 10 standard days, new data is fed into the program with each encounter, each new data set, but still the encryption and eventual translation of the language will result, of this we are certain. However, I am concerned that Ens.Hatoria may be correct. What if much of the signals we receive are not communications, but ravings of a the mad and inconsolable? What if this is why the UT is having so much trouble with discerning an understandable language?

<FX>She looks long at the monitor and then sighs, her hand moves and the feed is cut.<>
5 Likes
Stardate 94573.7 - USS Akagi

<FX>Video pickup is shadowed, the sound of a sonic shower can be heard.<>

I am not sure where to begin. Estell, you would have a field day with this one. When we spoke last, you encouraged me to consider allowing myself .. something... again.

<FX>Sonics turn off, and a shadow of a figure can be seen, Seral then sits in front of the video pickup wearing a dressing robe. Her eyes are somewhat intense and yet mirth filled. The corners of her mouth are turned upward not in a smile, but something that would be analyzed as amusement.<>

I am, as it can be stated bluntly, very impressed by the physical nature of the Toblak ambassador. He is as exceptional as he is attractive, as he is impossible. I have no need to tell myself the myriad of reasons any type of romantic relations would be ill advised as well as painful. That is just being pragmatic, however, looking inspires physical responses in myself that I have not experienced in years.

Estell, you would be pleased to know I am making an effort to make friends. I have engaged in workplace banter, social gatherings at meal time, and today, a ritual game of discovery.

Furthermore Estell, I am on an actual 10 day leave. I am enjoying the experience of boarding on one of the older ships of the fleet which as you know I find fascinating, but I am spending most of my time engaged in recreation on the planet Risa. I have been able to try many a new thing, and found them to be stimulating in different ways. I have been offered a number of times to find physical and spiritual fulfillment, the locals call it jamaharon. It was explained that this is not merely a sexual experience but much more. I declined.

I was however, kissed, honestly. This was a new experience for me, as I was not prepared. I predicted it, and was aware that it was going to happen, however when the event occurred I found that I was wholly unprepared.

The fact that the one who kissed me was a intoxicated, my sensibilities do not allow for any type of physical relationship with an intoxicated person. Mind altering substances do not allow for a true connection. As such, I could not allow myself to submit to physical attraction. This however was not why I was unprepared. The woman who kissed me had expressed genuine attraction of which I was willing to entertain for the purpose of a momentary entertainment that is a kiss.

What caught me unaware however, was how much I enjoyed the kiss. Perhaps there was too much sucrose in my own beverage to be certain.

<FX>Seral pushes back from the monitor to ignite the flame of meditation lamp, as she takes up position on the floor she draws a deep breath. Her tongue momentarily slips out to taste her upper lip. She looks down at the lamp, her bottom lip disappears as she sucks it in slightly and she appears both nervous and pensive. Seral shifts slightly, adjusting her position on the floor and she looks back to the monitor. Her eyes seem to indicate there is something more to say, but she only speaks a few more words, with slight hesitation.<>

Computer, end recording.
5 Likes
Stardate 94589.1 - Risa <DELETED>
Stardate 94591.8 - Risa <DELETED>
Stardate 94593.5 - Risa <DELETED>
Stardate 94597.7 - Risa <DELETED>

Stardate 94602.7 - Risa
Recording 94602.7115 to 94602.7205 <DELETED>

Computer; delete last, then continue...
<FX>Seral sits at a table in an empty bar, by the light it is very late, one of Risa's moons can be seen over her shoulder as she looks into the video pickup of the PADD on the table. She speaks softly <>

Estell, I did what you told me, I spoke it out loud, all of it, even about the fever, and you know how difficult that is to discuss. Forgive me for what I have just done, but it is something that has been said to me a number of times during this leave, and it is logical. What happens on Risa, stays on Risa.

Computer; end log and synchronize with database.
3 Likes
94660.03 - DS13

<FX>Video pickup is shadowed, the sound of a sonic shower can be heard. The sound of Serals voice is recorded several times as she breaths in, about to speak or utters a single syllable and stops. The sound of an exasperated sigh is heard.<>

Computer, pause recording.
94660.07 - DS13

<FX>The video pickup scans the room dimly lit, Seral sits on the floor with a single oil candle as the only light. She is dressed in a Vulcan style robe, her hair loos and face relaxed.<>

I am returned from a long postponed dinner with the Ambassador of the Toblak. I, as is my practice, endeavored to understand his people by immersing in their cultural ebs and flows. Today I spent the evening among them on their ship. Their gravity field is approximately 1.6 standard gravity. I was raised on Vulcan, measuring roughly 1.4 standard gravity, and still exercise in slightly more than that to make best use of my time. Due to this, it was tolerable, even if It made me feel as if I were wearing ankle and wrist weights. The breathable atmosphere was perhaps the most difficult to deal with. I endure daily the florid atmosphere of the space station, most tell me it is dry and sterile but I contend that is quite full of scent and moisture in comparison to the arid winds of Vulcan. I grew to enjoy the smells of the ocean and it's life while on Earth, perhaps this is why I did not mind so much the change. Aboard the Toblak vessel, it is warm, and the air is many times more rich, oxygen and nitrogen however at a density matching their gravity. It sometimes gave the feeling of breathing fluid. The closest I can compare to is my visit to the Yucatan rain forests on Earth which was roughly half of the levels I experienced on this visit. I took several moments to center myself, and remind my body to function normally.

The Ambassador and his crew are not normally clothed, on my first visit he asked them to all wear coverings to provide for my modesty. I advised this was not required, and that I am not offended by the body any more than I am offended by the skin of the face, which is not at all. I however, retained clothing generally considered appropriate to a public encounter. It should be noted that the Toblak are possibly the most physically fit race I have encountered. In my meeting of his crew randomly in the halls and during my visit, they all seem to eschew sedentary practices. They are all well muscled and toned. They also are not unaccustomed to physical contact. When moving about the ship, I noted that they would move past each other in ways that seemed to match their comfort in being unclothed. They would brush past each other without any discomfort or apparently any arousal. At first I was unnerved by the physical contact due to the telepathic nature of the Toblak and Starfleet security protocol. Touch can be used for initiating psychic connection. I was assured by the ambassador that his people only psychically linked when they were in a state of rest or sleep.

When escorted to the dining facility, I was greeted by all manor of exotic smell. I admit my senses were overwhelmed at first. Upon moving into the kitchen area, I could begin to discern one smell from another, and was greeted by a great variety of culinary artwork. I was informed that my preference for vegetarian dining was taken into account, and the entire meal was made without animal flesh or products but for the milk of the bhederen which was used to make a type of fermented pudding. Some of the dishes were very subtle in their flavors, where others were pungant of aroma and flavor as well. Some I found to be very much like the Asian dishes on earth, which can have a capsaicin content measuring quite high on the Scoville scale, or only smell as if they do, and greet the palette as a gentle friend bringing a series of subtle flavors to rumenate upon. It was quite the experience.

I was also gratified to learn that though the Toblak people use the vegetable matter as a dressing or accessory to a center dish of bhederen flesh, in attempting to accommodate my preference, they were enjoying the challenge to create a pleasing meal. In meeting that challenge, they opened up a series of new experiences for themselves to now share with the rest of their people. I was honored to be a reason and part of the the new experience, as any such meeting is an opportunity to expand knowledge and experiences. Sharing new and enjoyable experiences together for the first time is often how lasting friendships between peoples are formed.

Computer, end recording.
4 Likes
####### - USS Eminence - Laboratory
<FX> While working at a lab desk, a slightly disheveled picture of LT Seral is shown to be stoically working on something she would seem dedicated to. Her voice is calm but stern, and she looks at the video pick up only to make points. She is dressed in an excursion jumpsuit, which seems to have seen action already based on some stains or dirt on it.

Personal Log Supplemental:
I am Lieutenant Seral Val S'Nat. I and the rest of the away team were sent to the surface of the moon with the intent of making contact with the people there. Those people, likely the descendants of the crashed USS Lyric. Even though life signs show some Vulcans, I do not hold any hope that any of these people are the Starfleet crew, but perhaps their descendants who may have been educated in Starfleet way and understanding.

Our first attempt met with near tragedy. Unforeseen contaminants, a microflora, and microfauna exist on this moon, causing a violent allergic response. Our next attempt will require breathing gear at least. Most of the team wishes to use encounter suits, I, however, am insisting upon back up respirators. The computer is now programmed to filter out the microorganisms so that any contamination of the ship is unlikely.

Speed is of an essence. The moon we orbit has already seen damage to its biosphere by the red giant that is the system hub. My analysis shows that the star will collapse into a white dwarf. The event will likely result in an absorption of the gas giants and their moons as well as a significant portion of the nebula which has shielded them from view for so long. I project, that nothing of this moon will survive the event. I suspect that the signal we received requesting aid, was due to the fact that at least someone on this plant also is aware of this fact.

There are more than 800 sentient life forms on this planet, federation species. While the majority of those who would have been on the Lyric were leaving the federation at their own requests to start a new colony, there was the crew that was loyal to the federation. As such, we cannot know the minds of the people. We have the distress call, requesting aid. We also have a lack of any attempt to speak to us otherwise as well as phaser fire on our reconnaissance shuttle. The mission to make contact with the people is not without danger, from both the environment and from the people themselves who have grown to adapt to this moon.

As such, in face of these dangers, am making this record. I volunteered, and do volunteer to return to the surface knowing that should we be greeted with hostility I may come to harm.. The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. 800 people, colonists or crew descendants stand to lose their lives without direct action. Even if we can only rescue a small number who wish to leave, that would be worth the risk.

I am taking precautions as are warranted by the mission. Secondary communicators covertly hidden upon the team, tricorders uplinked with an open channel to the ship, and hand phasers as well as ordering transport enhancers to be sent to the surface. We will make contact, and explain the dangers. It is possible, we may leave the surface again without any of the colonists if that is their wish, but we will give them the chance.

The risks and the rewards of this mission are known. The mission is being undertaken with full knowledge of the dangers. Captain Lyn should take comfort, I would have ordered the mission as well under the circumstances. I am proud to have served with Captain Isadora Lyn.

Computer, end log and file with the ship's database to be delivered to the Captain upon order to leave the system.
2 Likes
Personal log:
<FX> Visual pick up is interior of a Danube class runabout, cockpit, lights dimmed. The dark-haired Vulcan woman is stoic, but looking as if she had seen action recently. </>
It has been four days since the attack on DS13 and the ordered evacuation. This is the first chance I have had to make a report.

The incident began during my meditation. I am still uncertain as to what the actual action was that precipitated it. However, the station was under attack and soon damaged severe enough to call for an emergency evacuation. My first responsibility was to the civilians of my habitat section, having no combat post. Then it became aiding in the evacuation. I made sure my section was all on their way to evacuation points. Then I herded stragglers on the way to the shuttle bay and transporters. As I am a qualified pilot, I chose a shuttle, and put to full capacity we launched this, the Yankee Clipper.

We were directed to make for the /USS Vanguard/, we were on approach when she came under heavy attack and was destroyed. We banked away while Ens. Roberts scanned for life signs not in an evacuation pod. The destruction was violent enough, there were none to be found. Interior alert sounded as we were targeted and coming under fire, we narrowly avoided and I was able to push the runabout to warp.

We dropped out of warp a short time later in order to gain bearings only to learn we had taken damage to the subspace transceiver, likely debris from the /Vanguard/. Ens Roberts attempted to effect repairs, an in the process caused several systems to go offline, including navigation. Considering the attack, I made the decision to start moving farther away. Scanning the stars, I recognized Aldebaran and returned to low warp in that direction after Roberts assured that the deflector was operational. An hour later, Roberts got short range sensors back up, and we were able to go to full cruising speed. We dropped a buoy with a coded message to indicate our course, sending it back toward DS13.

I’m unsure, we are without long-range communications, and on this course, we will take another 12.5 days to reach Aldebaran colony, DS13 is four days behind us. Aggressor forces were great enough to take down a Noble Class starship in seconds, and assessment of the scanning showed that DS13 was going completely offline when we escaped the system. I am the senior officer on board, it was my decision to take this course. We have no idea what remains of our fleet or starbase. But looking at the civilians on board, I have no choice but to do my best to get them out of harm's way. Ens. Roberts seems convinced we should have been making for K-7, but if his repairs go out again, we could miss K-7 by less than a quarter light year and never pick it up on our sensors. At least on our current course, I can guide by the stars. We have no probes or torpedoes loaded, we cannot salvage parts from them to make our systems whole. We must stay the course, to ensure survival.

We are on top of each other here, at least one of us by choice as he reminded to cease, and this is the first time I’ve been alone and able to make a recording. Roberts was able to add to the life support output so we won’t suffocate, however, my subconscious questions it at times based on the smell. I do not expect that many will be in good spirits when we get to Aldebaran system. It was my hope that a Federation Starship would be reacting to our message buoy and picking us up by now. With a maximum speed of warp 5, even one of the Nova Class ships could overtake us. The rest are in the back, holding a vigil for the many who are known or suspected dead. They are assuming a complete loss of the system since none have come for us. Their assumption is not out of the realms of logic.

End Personal Log
2 Likes
Personal log:
<FX> Manuel Entry </>
It is 6 days since my last entry. Roberts just informed that we may have less than 10 hours of fuel left. I have just calculated by estimated flight speed due to warp field output multiplied by the number of hours in motion at this speed, we are still more than 3.25ly from Aldebaran colony. I am preparing to launch the message buoy to use as a distress beacon and tow it with us in an effort to give an indication not only that we are here, but where, at what speed, distance, and direction. Morale is low, and will become lower if the rest are given this information without an aspect of hope. I will attempt to give inspiration and a goal, and perhaps our student of engineering Ens Roberts will come through for us. I only question the logic in allowing him to access critical systems.

-- end --
2 Likes
Personal log:
<FX> Visual pick up is in a shared quarters aboard the USS Akagi. She wears a plain white meditation robe, and speaks quietly. </>

I did not take the proper time to process my time on the Yankee Clipper. Dr. Hawke would not be pleased.

I was physically drained from exhaustion and lack of nutrition, but all of the occupants were successfully rescued from the destruction of the station. We were in trouble, and in true Starfleet tradition, the crew of the Eminence was there with timely assistance.

Ens Roberts was insistent for days that we should have launched the second buoy, but I was resistant as I believed to drop our last able transmitter was to invite disaster should the craft begin to fail. It did, which might lend credence to my assertion. I could not, however, give up the thought, in retrospection, that my failure to drop the beacon is what prolonged our situation.

Would the marauding cruiser have found us before a Starfleet vessel, if we had not been so far from the scene? Would anyone have been looking for us at the time? Would it not have been better to return to the station under our own power to seek assistance.

Is this the nature of command? Second guessing in private the decisions made, questioning the outcomes. Would this have been something I was capable of accepting if people had died as a result of my decisions?

These are questions I must ponder. Even more so after being granted a promotion in rank, and commendation, I have a responsibility to others, to Starfleet, as well as myself.

Computer; End Personal Log
3 Likes
Personal log:
<FX> Visual pick up is in a temporary office space on K-7.</>

I have been assisting where I can, as my own projects are on hold until I obtain new samples. Dr. Nathan Wellington came to me after my dinner break while I was associating. He wished to discuss the state of Captain Beylara Ailes, the commanding officer of the USS William Ockham.

Nathan gave me some more details concerning her disappearance. Apparently, she went missing from her bridge during the battle. A bridge that was damaged, but she was the only one who is unaccounted for of the bridge officers. He asked me to help him to continue the search, unwilling to accept her loss. This is an emotional response, as logic would indicate by now that she would either be found or is unrecoverable.

However, something bothers me, an emotional response of my own. Being MIA on the station list myself, and now here, looking at the list of assumed dead seems a disappointing thing to me. Can we really accept a KIA status for someone not confirmed? The crew of the Vanguard I can assume with confidence did not survive, I witnessed their demise. Starfleet personnel, fellow Officers, whom we have not such evidence, and no remains should not be assumed as such.

I have accessed the available logs and sensor data and will begin analysis. Nathon has asked me to take a shuttle and continue the search. I will try to do this with him, but I do not believe it to be the best course of action.

I am contacting the commander of the William Ockham, currently in spacedock for repair and will be for some time. There are resources that will be of value in this search, that can be of use there still. I am requesting sensor data and logs from all ships that were on the scene of the destruction of DS13. I wish to compile the data to recreate the incident in simulation for study. Even if we can never recover the dead, perhaps closure can be obtained by confirming their fates, as we confirmed those of the Vanguard.

End Log;
4 Likes
Personal log:
<FX> Visual pick up is in a temporary office space on K-7.</>

Of note... It will take some time to review these sensor logs. But there is something, that bears more investigation after. Captain Tau said, "I'm willing to test theories about Azedi wormholes shortly, here." I am unfamiliar with specifics of Azedi wormholes. However, the nature of a wormhole is to move something from one place to another, a rend in space-time. It is not logical, but there was something in my meditations that made me think of wormholes concerning the missing. Could this be a coincidence?
4 Likes