WEIGHT
182 lbs
EYE COLOR
Blue
HAIR COLOR
Black

CAREER MILESTONES

2395 | Began War College Training

2399 | Graduated from War College, transferred to Intelligence section of War College

2403 | Completed Intelligence program, top 3% of his class. Commissioned as Ensign, stationed aboard the I.R.W. V’ashan as Intelligence Officer

2404 | Promoted to Sublieutenant

2406 | Promoted to Lieutenant, reassigned to I.R.W. Nexum

2410 | Crew of Nexum defects to the Romulan Republic, becoming the R.R.W. Nexum

2415 | Promoted to Centurion

2417 | Assigned to Deep Space Thirteen as Exchange Officer, Intelligence Department

2417 | Requested transfer to R.R.W. Tuttalius. Transfer approved, assigned as Intelligence Officer.

2417 |Promoted to Subcommander, reassigned as Operations Officer aboard the R.R.W. Saeihr.

2418 |Promoted to Executive Officer aboard the R.R.W. Saeihr. Awarded Sotarek Citation.

2419 |Given command of the R.R.W. Laehval, awarded Praetor Colius Award.

BIOGRAPHICAL HIGHLIGHTS

House Valex was not a House of particular note. It had no outstanding political connections, nor was it known well outside the small city the family resided in. Nothing truly great was expected from Tylen or his younger brother, Virial. His father was a surgeon on the homeworld and his mother was a low level systems programmer for the Empire. Tylen had no mind or interest for surgery so it was assumed he would follow in his mother’s path or at least become something similar.

Neither Tylen nor his mother were anywhere near Ch'Rihan for the Hobus supernova. Rishuni had brought Tylen along on an assignment, teaching him bits of systems programming along the way. The rest of House Valex, however, was not so fortunate. His father and younger brother had remained home where the low status of House Valex left them both as bottom priority for evacuation. Tylen lost his father and his brother in that day.

The loss of half his family in such a manner changed something in Tylen. It lit a fire of ambition which had previously lay dormant. In 2395 Tylen entered War College with one goal; to elevate his family to a status others would remember. After completing War College, he transferred directly to the Intelligence Annex, graduating four years later (2403) in the top 3% of his class. It was no secret he had his eyes on the Tal Shiar. After all, joining an organization as respected and feared as the Tal Shiar would certainly bring his House the reputation he desired. But Tylen was never approached. Despite his aptitude and his ambitions, the Tal Shair passed him over. To this day he still remains unsure of why.

Despite being rejected by the Tal Shiar, Tylen continued to excel. He rose through the ranks fairly quickly, making Lieutenant by 2406 where he was assigned to the I.R.W. Nexum as Intelligence Officer. A year after the Romulan Republic was formed, the crew of the Nexum made the decision to defect. As the Republic stood in against the use of subversive organizations like the Tal Shiar, Tylen was not confident about the decision. The crew, however, was of a different opinion. Knowing he would likely face execution otherwise, Tylen presented himself as a defector and Republic loyalist to his crew. He assisted in rounding up the few crew members who did not wish to defect and summarily had a hand in their execution.

While he may not have agreed with the decision to defect, Tylen’s ambition continued to influence him. He decided to remain with the Republic. Perhaps House status would not mean as much to the Republic or perhaps they lacked the bodies to properly man Warbirds of prominence. Either way, he continued to wear the mask of Republic loyalist, unaware of how the man and the mask would eventually grow to be indistinguishable from each other.

After years of serving under Warbird Commanders he assessed to be inefficient, ineffective or incompetent, Tylen made the decision to begin down the path towards command. The field of Intelligence could no longer contain his ambition, yet he could not forget his roots. Too few Commanders properly utilized their Intelligence Officers in his eyes. So he seeks to elevate those who once served with him, reminding all of the high value of information and intelligence gathering.

Service Awards, Medals and Recognition

6ysoK2L.png
TYCA2Ud.png
0pAAbSL.png
gFDKPi8.png
Sotarek Citation (2418)
Praetor Colius Award (2419)

IMMEDIATE FAMILY
  • MATERNAL Rishuni i-Ra’tleihefi t’Valex Systems Programmer, Mol’Rihan
  • PATERNAL Maliran ir-Zyra tr’Valex Surgeon (Deceased)
  • SIBLING Virial i-Dorvek tr’Valex (Brother, Deceased)

MEDICAL HISTORY

PHYSICAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT
UP TO DATE: Y
EVALUATOR: Sublieutenant Aidoann t’Sirol

Spoiler: Medical Evaluator’s NoteShow
Patient is considered to be in top physical form, as likely seen in ground forces instead of Warbird Operations. He has confessed to excess free time spent in the simulator on a covert operative training regiment in order to “combat potential infiltrators.” The left side of his face contains a slashing scar pattern. The patient has attributed this injury to his defection in 2410 where the Warbird Medical Officer was among those who refused to defect. Since then, he has refused any sort of dermal regeneration or reconstruction in order to erase the scars, insisting they are a badge of honor. Centurion tr’Valex is cleared for active duty.

MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT
UP TO DATE: Y
EVALUATOR: Lieutenant S'harien R'Mor

Spoiler: Psychological Evaluation NotesShow
While Centurion tr’Valex has been cleared for active duty, there are several notes about his case warranting disclosure. The Centurion once had ambitions to join the Tal Shiar. While this has made him methodical and efficient to high standards, the perceived rejection for the organization may have left the Centurion with some doubts about his ability to perform while in command. Perhaps these observations will prove baseless, however it would be a disservice to the Republic for this evaluator to not make note of this potential hurdle in the report. As long as the Centurion remains under the direct command of others, this should not become an issue. Centurion tr’Valex is cleared for active duty.
2 Likes
Updated to include extended biographical history, evaluator notes and updates to dates/assignments/promotions.

Still needs Romulan Databank graphic. staaaaaaaaares at Kermit
I realize despite that I've updated this bio like a dozen times, I've not bothered to mention it in over a year. It actually has a Romulan Databank graphic!
2 Likes