Azedi Wormhole Core Assessment

Xh9hY4I.png
Level 2: Confidential
TO <DS-13 Command>
FROM CDR Davin
SUBJ Azedi Wormhole Core Assessment
BH1Pd8X.png

Commanders,

I’ve written up my findings on the scans of Azedi technology recovered from a recent expedition into their space. Some of you might have gotten the short version at the meeting a few days ago, but for the rest of you I've prepped a breakdown on a potential vulnerability of their starship power sources we could exploit, and projected outcomes of doing so.

Assessment:
Based on new information it seems the Azedi utilize wormholes not just for travel or weaponry but as their source of power, in a way superficially similar to Romulan singularity cores. While this is an admittedly ingenious source of power, wormholes are particularly sensitive to subspace interference at their aperture, the point of transition from subspace to real space.

Exploitation:
By intersecting a wormhole aperture with a static warp shell and bombarding it with a high concentration of subspace interference it is possible to not just close the wormhole at its point of transition but to collapse the subspace tunnel between its endpoints. Exploiting this requires some specific hardware, but should be fairly straight forward.

A cloaked vessel running a static warp shell must pass close enough to an Azedi ship to intersect their warp field with the wormhole aperture, and then decloak. Cloaking devices based on Romulan designs emit a subspace surge on decloaking, and with the static warp shell to contain it that surge will be channeled into the wormhole aperture. The surge should be sufficient to destabilize the subspace “tunnel”, decoupling the wormhole endpoints and likely collapsing the apertures into forced quantum singularities.

Impact:
I have three likely outcomes for this strategy, accounting for potential configurations of Azedi power systems.

Outcome 1: This assumes each Azedi vessel contains both endpoints of its own wormhole. By dissipating the Azedi vessels internal wormhole the ship will lose main power, although it is possible the Azedi may be able to reform their wormholes. If the endpoints collapse into singularities, barring an act of whatever god they revere, the ship and crew will be consumed by them.

Outcome 2: This assumes one wormhole is shared by two Azedi vessels. Given that Azedi ships are often encountered in pairs I believe this configuration is the most likely. In this scenario utilizing this exploit against one Azedi vessel would also disable or destroy its partner ship as outlined in Outcome 1.

Outcome 3: This assumes the wormhole in each Azedi vessel connects to their home starbase. This may explain their silence, as communication by wormhole would allow for near-instantaneous data transmission across almost any distance, and render other communication equipment unnecessary. In this outcome, utilizing this exploit on a single vessel could form a singularity within an Azedi starbase.

If the Azedi act quickly they may be able to shutdown the other wormholes on their station before they are compressed to a point of nearly infinite mass, which would cut off power and communications for an entire fleet. If they do not act quickly this could cause a chain reaction of destruction as the other vessels linked to the affected starbase are pulled into the singularity through their own wormhole cores.

Conclusion:
While this exploit has the potential for significant collateral damage it does present a possible avenue of attack against the thusfar invulnerable Azedi dreadnoughts.

Davin
10 Likes