BH1Pd8X.png
DS13 Science Lecture Series
Presents
Mapping the Renovaman Cluster
by Captain Alyx Derenzis, USS Shackleton

On Stardate 95778.4
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the inaugural lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 95778.4, at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

The lecture, delivered by Captain Alyx Derenzis, will talk about her experiences in mapping the Renovaman Cluster, located in the Kelterre Sector. Along with her will be Commander T'Vrin, the Chief Science Officer, and Lieutenant Commander Sylvester Whittaker, the Head of Stellar Cartography, both from the USS Shackleton. The lecture is expected to last between forty-five to 60 minutes, and there will be time for a Question and Answer Session following, where you may direct questions to any of the three above.

This promises to be an exciting event, in a series that will allow for scientists and researchers to share their work, place proposals, and to gain an insight into the work of colleagues in the department. For those of you who are not part of DS13 Science, we hope it will be an opportunity for you to experience some of the work that we do in the department.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Equally so, if you would like to be placed on the list for potential future lectures, please message me directly.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Throk Fozka
Science Department Chief, Deep Space 13

OOC: This is an ongoing RP hook for people to get involved in. It requires as much work as you have time to put in; if all you can do is give me a name and topic, that's great, I'll just put your name down and it can all happen offscreen. If people would like to post reports or lecture notes, feel free to do so in this thread. Let me know if you have ideas for lectures, whether that is your alt, or an NPC!
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
Saving Threatened Amphibians, One Nanite at a Time
by Captain Beylara Ailes, Deep Space 13

On Stardate 95866.4
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the second lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 95866.4 ((13th November)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

The lecture, delivered by Captain Beylara Ailes who is the current CO of Deep Space 13. Before this, the Captain was in command of the USS William Ockham. She has never lost sight of her scientific roots and her endorsement and availability for this lecture highlights the continuing support she gives our department. Her talk, which will be a brief discussion of the Batrachochytrium species control factors in modern amphibians, promises to be exciting, and I would like to see as many people as possible there.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Equally so, if you would like to be placed on the list for potential future lectures, please message me directly.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

OOC: This is an ongoing RP hook for people to get involved in. It requires as much work as you have time to put in; if all you can do is give me a name and topic, that's great, I'll just put your name down and it can all happen offscreen. If people would like to post reports or lecture notes, feel free to do so in this thread. Let me know if you have ideas for lectures, whether that is your alt, or an NPC!

Late thanks to Alyx, and thanks Bey for volunteering!
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
The Sparks of Life
by Lieutenant Commander Throk Fozka

On Stardate 96034.8
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the third lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 96034.8 ((13th January)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

The lecture, will be delivered by Lieutenant Commander Throk Fozka, who, before joining Starfleet, lectured in the Vol Ignii Institute of Science. His talk will cover his ongoing research project with the Medical department on the study of the human brain, bringing in his knowledge of internal electronics to give an exciting new viewpoint on the still mysterious human organ.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
Engineering Context through Digital Information systems
by Commander Alina Mandra

On Stardate 96121.8
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the third lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 96121.8 ((14th February)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

This lecture will be delivered by Commander Alina Mandra, an expert in Computer Science. Commander Mandra is a familiar name around the starbase, having been a long term member of the department, as well as being the head of science at the station for just under a year. Her talk, a revisiting of her 2394 paper, a paper which placed her on the Daystrom Insider's top 30 new Scientists under 30 to Watch list of 2394, promises to be exciting.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
The Foxbird Woohoo
by Lieutenant Commander Benjamin Halls

On Stardate 96198.9
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the fourth lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 96198.9 ((14th March)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

Please note that this lecture may be postponed; information will be released closer to the time should it do so.

Lieutenant Commander Benjamin Halls will be delivering this lecture on the recent mating urges and nesting habits of the foxbirds, which a number of officers around the station and the wider fleet have. His lecture will talk about the problems faced by the team, and how they overcame these problems, as well as coming to a sobering conclusion on the future of these magnificent beasts.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
The Foxbird Woohoo
by Lieutenant Commander Benjamin Halls

On Stardate 96365.8
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the fourth lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 96365.8 ((14th May)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

This will be the talk that was postponed last month. Please see this post for further details on the talk and the individual delivering it.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
Folding Reality: The Effects of Warp Travel on Real and Subspace
by Lieutenant T'Lal

On Stardate 96451.3
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the June lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 96451.3 ((14th June)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

The lecture, delivered by Lieutenant T'Lal, will be looking at the physical effects of warp travel; a topic that would very much be in the field of our warp scientists, ship engineers, and even ship Captains. Lieutenant T'Lal, before joining Starfleet, spent fifty-five years teaching and researching at the Vulcan Science Academy and was formally a chair of the astrophysics department. This talk, delivered by an expert on the subject, promises to be enlightening.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Presents
You Spin Me Round
by Captain Zaliel Sel

On Stardate 96533.0
4OB3P0J.png

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the July lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 96533.0 ((14th July)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

The lecture, delivered by Captain Zaliel Sel, will be looking at measuring Gravitational Waves of Binary Singularities using only a photon emitter, called a "laser pointer", a prism, and a Multiplexing Gravametric Wave Guide Spectrometer. Captain Sel is the current captain of the U.S.S. Brahe, a post she has held since 2409. Prior to this, she held a posting on the U.S.S. Atlis, as well as spending several years at Starfleet Headquarters, where she researched and trained officers in scientific positions. She has also authored several papers, including the oft-cited but consistently ignored 2413 paper "Don't Put Your Ship in That! Methods for the Early Detection of Dangerous Anomalies". I am promised attendees may keep the photon emitter, and the Captain will provide some sort of pie. The Captain will also provide some sort of physical attack, if you so wish it. The talk itself I am assured will be captivating, delivered by a respected researcher.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//

4 Likes

Presents

A Picture is 1000 words

by Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD

All,

You are hereby invited to attend the June lecture of the Deep Space 13 Science Department Lecture Series, being held on Stardate 97452.2 ((14th June)), at Lecture Theatre 3, Deck 53, Deep Space 13.

The lecture, delivered by Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, will be discussing how he led a team in deciphering the pictograms of the Nonobo culture on Xar-Olip IV. Admiral Bishop is the current Executive Officer of the 38th Fleet, having previously been the Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Endeavour. He has extensive experience in archaeology and is widely published. This talk is a must-see for any who are interested in xeno-linguistics and good old-fashioned code-breaking.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Vanessa Lorvos, PhD
Theoretical Physicist
Deep Space 13

OOC IT’S BACK! Well, it was running offscreen the entire time but now it can be slightly less offscreen again. This is an ongoing RP hook for people to get involved in. It requires as much work as you have time to put in; if all you can do is give me a name and topic, that’s great, I’ll just put your name down and it can all happen offscreen. If people would like to post reports or lecture notes, feel free to do so in this thread. Let me know if you have ideas for lectures, whether that is your alt, or an NPC!

2 Likes