Package For: CAPT Bishop, S | From: CAPT Sel, Z

BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Bishop, S.
FROM CAPT Sel, Z.
SUBJ Happy Holidays
Dear Captain Bishop,
The end of year celebrations are always something I look forward to, in part for the festivities, but also the tradition of gift giving. I normally prefer to do these exchanges in person, but with schedules and deployments the way they are, it may be some time before we see each other again. I've noticed that you have an appreciation for the ancient or esoteric, so please find enclosed a Dorodango.

With great care, I sculpted this small, polish ball, with its Jovian-like layers, using the soil and clay of twenty-two planets surveyed by the Brahe over the past year. From Ponor to Aldebaran, these samples were carefully combined to produce your gift. While you won't find any artifacts inside, many of these worlds were quite ancient, some even predating Earth.

I hope you enjoy the aesthetics of the Dorodango; I find these kinds of sculptures a great focal point for reflection and meditation. At the very least, they make an interesting talking point at parties.

Wishing you a merry holiday season,
//SIGNED//
Captain Zaliel Sel
Commanding Officer, USS Brahe

OOC: This letter is attached to a parcel delivered via normal Starfleet Courier. The Dorodango is about the size of a Bocce Ball, with many thin bands of soil of different elements and colors. It is extremely smooth, symmetrical, and polished. The parcel includes a discrete stand, carefully rounded to prevent scratches, with a small maker's mark, the date, and an inscription: "Everybody lives an epic." - James Cook
2 Likes