TO: CAPT Bishop; CAPT Nimitz | SUBJ: Xedi Interrogations

1qAjEb9.pngSecurity Level 2 - Confidential

TO: CAPT Bishop; CAPT Nimitz
CC: - - - - - -
SUBJ: Xedi Interrogations

Jolan'tru, Captains,

I am unsure which of you to address this to, as it appears Captain Bishop directed most of the recent assault, yet Captain Nimitz attempted to take Operational control once the Pegasus arrived in the system. I will leave it to determine between the two of you.

What is of my concern is the interrogation of the Xedi crew members involved in the attack on the Endeavor. I, of course, was happy to assist in the fight to defend our Starfleet allies and truly, I do not feel an overbearing need to be directly involved in the interrogations, contrary to what you might believe. This conflict with the Xedi is not one I nor the Republic are too invested in. This being said, I would ask in good faith, for you to share information gained during the interrogation on the off chance the Laehval or any other Republic vessel is called to assist in future engagements.

Know the Laehval will always respond to the hails of our allies.

//SIGNED//
Subcommander Tylen tr'Valex
Commanding Officer, R.R.W. Laehval
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO SCDR Tylen
CC ~~
FROM CAPT S. A. Bishop
SUBJ RE: Xedi Interrogations
ONKKwVo.png

Subcommander,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for coming to our assistance; if the time comes where we can be of aid to you, you can be sure of our assistance.

Unfortunately, I cannot promise the sharing of information gained from the interrogation; the fleet command will judge which information can be shared and which must be kept confidential. Be assured that I will pass on your request and ask for any pertinent information to be shared.

On a passing note, I am curious as to why you believed Captain Nimitz attempted to take operational command upon his arrival? Captain Nimitz acted in the same way as any of the other commanding officers who arrived on the scene, and took the initiative in setting up an overwatch following the conclusion of the battle. In my view, and the view of my First Officer, there was no action that Captain Nimitz took that seemed to us like he was attempting to take operational command; I would be interested to see your view on the matter.

In any case, any other requests should be passed on to Captain Ailes, as the Xedi captives will be transferred to Deep Space Thirteen upon our arrival to the station.

Jolan'tru,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Alexander Bishop PhD
Commanding Officer - USS Endeavour
38th Fleet 'Argo'

OOC: This reply assumes that we will be having two separate events at different dates which, at the time of writing, is not 100% confirmed.
1qAjEb9.pngSecurity Level 2 - Confidential

TO: CAPT Bishop
CC: - - - - - -
SUBJ: RE: Xedi Interrogations

My apologies, Captain. I have not participated in many joint operations as a Commanding Officer. I suspect your terminology and customs are still new to me. Often during Republic operations, ranking officers take operational command immediately upon entering a conflict. Based upon my limited experience working with the Federation, Captain Nimitz is usually the designated Operational Command on missions. I will attempt avoid such assumptions in the future unless explicitly stated.

As to the interrogations, I will most certainly speak with Captain Ailes. Thank you for your time.

//SIGNED//
Subcommander Tylen tr'Valex
Commanding Officer, R.R.W. Laehval
2 Likes