7 May: Proportional Response

One week ago, an Eledri extremist organization called The Liberty Brigade hijacked a civilian freighter, murdered all twenty-four crewmembers, then used it to gain access to Deep Space 13, where they planted a pair of explosives. Thanks to Starfleet personnel, both of the original targets of the attack were unharmed, but Captain Andre Freeman lost his life.

In the wake of the attack, the Federation released a statement which promised to take steps to prevent further acts of terrorism. A number of 38th Fleet personnel have been selected to attend a pre-mission briefing at Gamma Shift.

--

When: Sunday, 7 May @ Gamma

Where: Briefing on DS13, then a ship bridge and a ground map. There is no relevant level restriction.

What: Counter-terrorism

OOC point of contact: @bobisgod171

--

This will be an RP-combat oriented event. Characters with a specialization in security or ground combat preferred, though there will be a bridge-based aspect of the mission to accommodate others as well.
11 Likes
I will absolutely be there for the bridge-oriented portion. Time to deal out some implacable Vulcan justice!
2 Likes
I'll be there.
2 Likes
I might actually be able to make this one!
2 Likes
I'd like to, but like other events this weekend I'm assuming I won't make it. Still, considering the time for this... it is not impossible. I may show up yet... however I might settle for a bridge role for simplicity if I do.
This is something I can make it to! \o/
2 Likes
I will try to be there.
1 Like
"I am not frightened. I am going to blow them off the face of the Earth with the fury of God's own thunder."
5 Likes
wrote:
"I am not frightened. I am going to blow them off the face of the Earth with the fury of God's own thunder."

First thing I thought of too :)
3 Likes
Me too, huge West Wing fan.
2 Likes
the title is proportional response, not kill the mosquito with a hammer. If not, then why not ask Mandukar if she has any WMD's we could borrow. I think that running with emotions on this, myself included, could have consequences.
It's unlikely I'd be able to attend, but I'll try nonetheless. Alternatively, I'll keep Timo posted about what will be decided in the meeting.
the title is proportional response, not kill the mosquito with a hammer. If not, then why not ask Mandukar if she has any WMD's we could borrow. I think that running with emotions on this, myself included, could have consequences.

Indeed, Jed Bartlet was - eventually - persuaded to act in a more measured, limited, and prudent form. (In an episode that shares this title, in fact.)
3 Likes
If not, then why not ask Mandukar if she has any WMD's we could borrow.

She might have something.
2 Likes
An old Klingon proverb says that revenge is a dish best served cold. Another, more obscure one says that proportional response is a dish best served with mashed potatoes and gravy.
4 Likes
I'll see if I can make it :)
1 Like
:( Wont be able to make this one. Figures. Quint would actually fit this one pretty well
Kozath will be there. To crush some skulls.
3 Likes
wrote:
Kozath will be there. To crush some skulls.

Probably with two fingers.
I'll plan to be there