Exodus Road - Utopia Starts Here

TFA works to bring Roddenberry's fictional humanitarian utopia into reality through donations to The Exodus Road.

What is The Exodus Road?
It is a 'nonprofit coalition that empowers freedom from sex slavery through covert investigation and rescue.'

Why The Exodus Road?
This is one of the few things in the world that isn't contentious from any moral standpoint. It's horrible, it's wrong, it has to stop.

So how do we do this?
If you'd like to contribute, please visit our funding page at YouCaring- the URL is https://www.youcaring.com/tfa. This method of donation allows you to directly donate to The Exodus Road's paypal account without anyone in TFA knowing your name or credentials- the only thing Skyler (the organizer) will be aware of is your email address and how much you donated, and she solemnly swears not to use it or sell it off. You can donate anonymously from your in-game name, too!

I don't have any funds to spare, but I'd still like to help...
Spoiler: Use RP-incentive system SEAISA!Show
Skyler Events and Activity Incentivizing Stimulus Act.

At the end of every month, I, Skyler, will donate $1 per member hosted SEAISA event, on behalf of that member, to TFA's monthly Exodus Road fundraiser.*

Basically, I'm paying you to run events, and you're giving that money to charity.
* - Up to ten dollars a month. No hosting a hundred events and making me go broke!

Rules:
  1. You must state prior to the event that you're hosting it for SEAISA.
  2. Events must be RP in nature.
  3. Only the first ten SEAISA events hosted within the month will count towards the funding- first come first serve.
  4. New SEAISA patrons will have donation priority. So if you received funding last month, use up all $10 this month, and then there's a $1 event from someone new, you'll get $9 credit so they get that $1.
  5. Staff and Squadron Commanders may be exempt- you're supposed to be making events anyway! We'll see.

Rules are subject to change according to How Things Pan Out.

1 Like
I received this Welcome Letter from the Exodus Road.

Apparently we get a Welcome Packet. If our initial donators would like dibs on the loot, I'd be more than happy to mail it out.
Update from The Exodus Road on our sponsored group, Delta Team!

Email wrote:
Dear DELTA Team,

Your guys have been busy. Here are a few snapshots of the work they’ve been busy tackling:

Remote Villages. This past month two of them have set out on a mission to conduct primary investigations into nine different cities in remote border towns in SE Asia. They found a suspected 235 victims of trafficking-- mostly from a neighboring country. This initial trip involved 15 days of travel into dark places-- small village bars and brothels in impoverished areas.

Now, they will begin the task of documenting these targets, writing reports and organizing photos and videos. From this initial wave, they will determine which places will require another visit and which can be passed on to local police.

Three Pedophiles Busted. DELTA has also been working with a local team to help find and arrest pedophiles in the area. Our police contact just reported that our team was useful in the arrest of THREE pedophiles over the course of the last month. This is a huge win for justice and for the many children these three Western men could abuse in the future.

Training Event. The team of three which form DELTA will also be involved in the upcoming investigator-only training seminar which The Exodus Road coalition will host next month. They will continue to network and collaborate with others active in the field.

Thank you for being a part of sending this team into the field. Your financial gifts make this work possible. Literally, those nights in the villages looking for children in brothels, the days investigating pedophiles . . . you made that possible. DELTA is your team.
Okay, so I can't embed an iframe or link to the thumb so uh, just click here.
Okay folks, we made it for October, and are carrying a slight bit into November, but we're gonna need some support to meet our goal for Turkey-Month!

Any level of help is appreciated for this great cause.
The Exodus Road is doing a special seasonal fundraiser! Consider it in addition to your November/December donations~~
I was touched by one of the videos Shan linked about humanity, about doing well by your fellow humans not for the reward or gratification, but because it's an 'of course' gut reaction sorta deal.

So, uh. Yeah. Here's the initial vid, but in summary:
We're not going to shoot for a monthly goal of $35. I've set a longterm goal of $500, which, when we eventually meet it, will be bumped up again. Let's see how far we can go.

As always, if you don't have the finance to donate directly, you can use the SEISA program to encourage RP in game and have a donation made on your behalf. (See SEISA rules on the first post.)
Interesting blog post written by the lead singer of a band called Remedy Drive that assisted in investigative work for Delta Team. ...it also hurts to read, in more ways than one.

http://davidmzach.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/rescue-is-coming/
"Introverts can't save the world."

Something I uttered to my husband yesterday while fighting back tears. Today I'm saying 'balls t' that', Nethali style. ...except I'm a little more grounded in reality than she is.

So I'm institutionalizing a pixel incentive system for donating to our Exodus Road fundraiser. Every month, I'll make an announcement in the forum shoutbox with instructions/requirements on how to win the pixel incentive with your donation, and the first person to make that donation with those reqs (please make sure to include an identifier such as forum or character name) gets the pixels!

For now, the only rule is that you cannot win twice in a row- (so other people have a chance against you trigger fingers.) I also have the right to turn down/negotiate, etc, what pixels you get regardless of the amount donated. (If what you ask for is an awesome idea, I might do something huge, even if you only donate fiftey cents.)

I'll try to mix it up time-and-requirements-wise to give people in differing circumstances/timezones and differing skillsets an even playing field.

If you're artistical and would like to help incentivize, talk to me!

Update from TER:
TER wrote:
Thank you so much for your financial gift to The Exodus Road in the 2014 calendar year.

With your generous help, we have continued to push freedom forward in SE Asia, India, and the United States of America this year. In 2014, we as a community have:

* trained over 250 government and civic leaders about how to stop trafficking in their areas,
* gifted nearly 40 pieces of specialized covert gear to field teams and police,
* funded investigative and rescue missions on three continents,
* supported the work of over 50 investigators throughout the year,
* built administrative support systems for long term sustainability both in the U.S. and Asia offices,
* and supported the rescue of 56 women, boys and girls, from sex trafficking.

And it would not have been possible without your help.

Nelson Mandela once said, "The march towards freedom and justice is irreversible." Thank you for making that march with us this year.

Empowering Rescue,

Matt Parker
Founder, CEO
6 Likes