A Brief Conundrum

(OOC Note: This is an ancient post from a forum that no longer exists. Krag and D'Nar have been together for a couple of years, but the post my husband and I wrote together about Krag trying to find a way to court D'Nar always give me a giggle so I thought I'd share.)

Meanwhile, on the IKS etlh’Ihjaq

Krag sat behind a console on his ship, typing entries, and scanning files in the library database. His chin rested on his fist, and he had a scowl on his face as evidence of his inability to find what he was looking for.

B’Etara, his first officer walked over and stood behind him, reading quietly over his shoulder. After awhile, she crossed her muscular arms with a smirk on her face and said, “Why don’t you just ask one of the other Commanders? Kozz, perhaps?”

Krag shook his head negatively. “I do not think he remembers how such things are done.”

B’Etara chuckled, revealing a row of sharp and mostly crooked teeth. “Orion Mating practices? That assumes he’s even been involved in them. What about D’Ghor?”

Krag sighed in exasperation. “I don’t know, he’d probably tell me to take a leg of targ to her or simply steal her, and I do not think that’s the right approach.”

“Sounds effective to me…but I’m Klingon. What about that Gorn? Datilus?”

“The Gorn lay eggs. And then I think they wait for someone to come by and fertilize them.” Krag paused and then asked, “Are there even female gorn?”

“What about the Orion? Kul?” B’Etara said with a sneer.

Krag snorted. “The only woman he’s ever had he bought.”

“Isn’t there a trill that follows her around – I heard someone call him Vance.”

Krag looked thoughtful. “He might have been an Orion at some point in time, but I’m not sure I can get a coherent answer out of him.”

“There’s always your Chief Engineer. Gruhza. She’s even Orion.”

Krag slammed his fist down on the console and grinned. “Excellent. Where is she?”

“Engineering. The place where the engines are.” B’Etara deadpanned.

Krag paused in the act of getting up and glared balefully at his first officer, then shook his head.

B’Etara’s voice followed him as he headed to the turbo lift. “D’Nar told you to sit on a Bat’leth. Just remember that while you’re trying to find out answers.”
6 Likes