Advice Against Borg

Hey guys, I'm having a slight problem.

I'm trying to finish getting through the main storyline content and I'm on the Borg Advance right now. However I'm having problems combat against the Borg, especially in space. I have a T6 ship now but that doesn't seem to be helping much. I tried tinkering with my Boffs and yet I'm still having serious issues with my shields getting scrambled or taking so much damage that they go down in no time and I'm getting blown up incredibly fast. I don't know if this is a result of the mission scaling up to match me at level 60 or what. But I'm at my wit's end here. I don't understand Borg countermeasures enough to fight them effectively.

If anyone knows anything I can do or obtain to make life easier I'd welcome it right now. I want to finish these missions but it's practically impossible.
You also need to make sure your ship is outfitted well, I finished the story with my base sovereign, so its certainly not about ship level. Be sure to build around your boffs, and even your class to use abilities effectively.
1 Like
Ship modules could be playing a big part in this too. However I'm not sure I'll have enough EC to fully outfit myself with better stuff depending on exchange prices. Where can I get some good high level modules?
There was a buff to tachyon beam some time ago which made the borg version of it go to OMGWTFBBQ levels. Only way to counter it is to stack stupid amounts of power insulators. What i usually do is fire up shield heals as soon as their tachyon beams stop firing but you need some hull resistance to survive until then.
1 Like
One idea I've used is both to stack good armor consoles, and at the same time, I tend to always have Reverse Shield Polarity on an Engineer boff. If the Borg are tachyon beaming me, they are usually also shoot at me. Throwing up RSP can easily counter most of the tachyon beam's drain in story content. And if you have plasma resisting armor, less damage gets through anyway.

I can also help directly, both with gear, and I can run things with you if you need some backup.
Are you online in European times at all? Maybe I can group with you and see if I can give you a hand.
1 Like
I'm EST myself, and typically log in at varying times during the afternoon and evening hours. So it really all depends.
Yeah whenever you're on and you need a hand throw something up in TFA/SFK I'm sure someone will be willing to help.
4 Likes
wrote:
I'm EST myself, and typically log in at varying times during the afternoon and evening hours. So it really all depends.

Shame, I think the only times I can match US time for any decent length of... well time, it's during weekends and I don't have many available for the next couple of months. But like someone else said, do shout in TFA. If I am online however and I see you, I will poke you just in case you still need them.
1 Like
I am now officially utterly convinced the Borg got upgraded to ungodly levels of overpowered. I changed Boff skills, upgraded my ship, went in with defenses powered up and still barely did anything to the one lone Borg sphere I fought in the mission. It's normal difficulty and can pop me as easily as swatting a fly.

I'm going to need group support. That's the only way I'm finishing the Borg missions I think.
wrote:
I am now officially utterly convinced the Borg got upgraded to ungodly levels of overpowered. I changed Boff skills, upgraded my ship, went in with defenses powered up and still barely did anything to the one lone Borg sphere I fought in the mission. It's normal difficulty and can pop me as easily as swatting a fly.

I'm going to need group support. That's the only way I'm finishing the Borg missions I think.

I should be online tonight. I realise I'm not in your time zone, but I would be online at around... 7-7:30 GMT. Is it doable for you? I can be on for a couple of hours from that time. Unfortunately (well fortunately) I'm out to see The Who live this weekend, so that is the only time I can make this week. Tomorrow night I'm busy as well, at least for the first half.
I think I'll technically be working during that time but it'll be chats and thus easier to multitask. So yeah I should be able to be on and grouped up.
Okay River. I will be online. Poke me if I don't see you, as I might be tabbed out doing stuff AFK until you are ready to blow up some space zombies.
Sounds like we should be putting together a good old-fashioned Borg swatting.
1 Like