Aug 4: Thinning the herd

Martok's volunteer force moves against the H'urq swarm in the Idran sector.

--

When: Saturday, Aug 4, Beta +1

Audience: Klingon

Event type: Bridge RP (structured), possible STF run

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal


OOC: While the events of the Victory Is Life expansion are officially over, due to RL time constraints we are doing the time warp thingy for the next 2-3 events that will happen between the episodes of "Tenebris Torquent" and "Home".
5 Likes
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> One week later....part of the task force that joined the Martok's Expeditionary Force has been hard at work with tracking the Hur'q forces in the Idran sector...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> At this moment, our team is shadowing a part of a larger Hur'q swarm that was nesting in an asteroid field in an inhabited system.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Everyone is at their ships, leading a wing of allied ships and communicating through their holo-projectors.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "So what's our play?"

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> *Her holoprojection shimmers and crackles*

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> Our scouting report, for your consideration Captain. We have identified the Hur'q vessels. The fleet consists of one capital ship, a Nekrid class assembly cruiser, and six ravager class destroyers

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> The fleet is escorted by two hundred swarmers.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "We're reading that too. They've got a lot of little ones..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yo, boss. Pickin' up another distress call. This one's from someone about two light years out... pretty weak, for that close.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Target-rich environment. Isn't that what your people always want?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Y'want we should check it out?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> After we clear out this group. B'atar, Lexi, Heras, your wings focus on the swarmers, Lexi and Egzo, take on the destroyers, I'll engage the Nekcrid.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "Understood"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Hope you got some good tricks up your sleeves, let's see if we can beat Martok's record.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "Aye. Time to dance warriors!"

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Understood.

Lexi@crystyll grins

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> On it.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Swarm starts leaving the asteroid field, a large bundle of swarmers backed by destroyers and followed by a Nekcrid cruiser in the back.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Seems they've got the distress call too. Flank the main body while we get to the tail of the cruiser, attack when ready!

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Tactical, forget the targeting. Prepare plasma cannons for wide spread. We'll sweep them like a broom."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: == SURPRISE ROUND ==

Lexi@crystyll keeps murmering off-comms as she barks orders on her bridge, with a slightly odd emphasis on structural integrity

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Swarm assumes the attack formation and is heading towards the outskirts of the system to warp (or whatever their FTL drive is)..

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: We're cloaked atm right?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: yes

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: otherwise no surprise :)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: kul is also with us

B'Atar@anncarise gives orders to decloak off the flank of the swarmers and spread fire across the enemy group before turning to flee and draw their attention away from the cruiser.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 41 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> B'atar's wing sprays disruptor fire, taking out half a dozen of swarmers before swinging around and falling back

Egzo@HF_Mudd watches the many little blips representing the swarmers on tactical with grim concern, as Hag'lhr lines up for his own attack run. They'd BETTER get cleared out (or drawn off)...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Nearest three dozen swarmers and one Ravarger destroyers break formation to pursue...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> Hag'lhr decloaks on the aft of the Ravager that didn't break off, firing disruptors and a few pho-torps into it.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 53 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Ravager is caught off guard, their shields and engines destroyed and left to drift...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Heras' action --

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <FX> Seeing that not all the swarmers have broken off, Heras' ship decloaks and executes a fast 'boom-and-zoom' strafing attack, firing plasma cannons in a wide spread as it streaks past.

[Emotes] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: rolls 51 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Heras and her two republic wingmen fire burns down another dozen surprised swarmers, and gets two dozen swarmers led by another ravager at their back...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lexi's action --

Lexi@crystyll FX | QanwI' veers around in front of the nearest destroyer and decloaks before spraying both wing cannons as it sweeps over the hull

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 58 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Disruptors burn the front part of the ravager, and as Qanwl' swoops by, blades newly installed on it's wing cut ships' comm antennae away, reducing swarmer coordination in the vicinity.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Kul's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd reminds his wing-captains as they bank away from the Ravager they just "boom-and-zoomed", "Stay close, don't get drawn off - more of 'em than us."

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: xD

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: the flying bat'leth worked!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Awesome!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Crazy. :)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: this is Lexi after all! hehe

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hehe yeah!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: That is a super creative idea!

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: -- Holding Cloak until after Hurq Action --

[Team] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: I can just imagine what was said in the design meeting....

[Team] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Our weapons aren't effective enough? Can we ram them without dying?"

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: Chief Eng: "You can't be ****ing serious Captain?!"

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: Lexi: *throws mek'leth. looks to Asst chief expectantly*

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: New Chief Eng: "Yes Captain, not a problem at all..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> IKS Daramar moves in behind the Nekcrid cruiser, charging the main autocannon. Ship decloaks and fires the powerful burst.

[Team] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "DO THAT! ONLY WITH MY SHIP!"

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 50 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Most of the burst hits the back of the nekcrid cruiser in the aft, dropping it's shields and burning their FTL drive. Rest of the burst hits the swarm in front, frying a dozen more unlucky swarmers.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Nekcrid cruiser banks to the side, firing it's beam arrays at the Daramar, doing only minor damage. Almost half of the remaining swarmers and two remining -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Ravagers (that are not pursuing others) turn around and head to defend the command ship.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Ravager and 3 dozen swarmers following B'atar try to catch up but are kept at distance for now.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Ravager and 2 dozen swarmers following Heras manage to close in and drop the shields on one of her wingmen.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Egzo's and Lexi's wing get 3 dozen swarmers on their backs each, but they are still trying to close in.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Kul's delayed action --

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 appears as a Hologram as the Qib Quj decloaks behind the swarmers trailing Heras and opens fire with Withering Disruptor Beams.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: My apologies for being late...

[Emotes] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: rolls 83 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: now that's an entrance. complete with roll.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Late is ok as long as you're timely! Give 'em gre'thor!"

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yeah!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Kul's fire followed by some torpedoes annihilates the Ravager leadeing the pursuit and half dozen swarmers that were shielding it.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: == ROUND 1 ==

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 grins.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> *shouts to her tac officers* Load the Guroth's Busters! And let's hope they don't get stuck in the tubes...

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth and its two wingmen take potshots at the pursuing swarmers with the few rear facing weapons they have, just to keep them chasing while they flee. Slowly the three ships split into three-

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guroth - the dude that experimented with fitting 5 quantum torp explosives into 1 :)

B'Atar@anncarise - different routes, aiming to pull the swarmers further and further apart. When the groups are sufficiently separated, two of the ships would suddenly put all power into speed and make a mad dash -

B'Atar@anncarise - to flank the group with the ravager in it, and the ship being chased would spin around once their allies arrive, combining firepower on the single (and most dangerous) group.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 40 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: That took longer to describe than I imagined!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: hehe

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: and wow my rolls are stuck in the 40s today...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Unfortunately, swarmers did not take the bait and kept chasing the central ship pursued by the Ravager. Joint attack did work and it took out a dozen of swarmers and took down the Ravager shields.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd (and his wingmen) continue to methodically chase down and blow away (or severely weaken) Ravagers of opportunity. Like... this one.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 49 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Egzo's wing turns around and strafes one of the Ravagers that turned to defend the Nekcrid cruiser. Unfortunately, swarm was aware of the attack and a dozen swarmers were sacrificed soaking up -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - the shots, but Ravager continues untouched.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Heras' action --

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Squadron, we need to draw more swarmers off the main fleet. Do another attack run. Kul, I hope you can keep covering for us."

Heras@1nONLY_DRock banks sharply and goes for another strafing run.

[Emotes] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: rolls 11 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** reminder that everyone has 1 reroll per event

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Heras and her two wingmen turn around to attack the rest of the swarm that's falling back to protect their command ship. Unfortunately, their shots find only a single target each, and enemy is -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - not impressed enough to assign more forces against them.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lexi's action --

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "Attack wing; pattern Taden-1. Go!". The squad splits left/right to circle around and flank the pursuing swarmers while QanwI' holds their attention. "And... now, hit the burners!" She orders and

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: can be seen bracing her armrests while the QanwI' locks it's forward trajectory while switching engine output to pivot around and fire continuously at the swarmers, baiting them along

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: (sorry for long destription, had too long to write it in my head! haha)

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 65 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: pilot ships are fun xD

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Mhmm!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Swarmers take the bait, all rushing at the Qanwl' while her wingmen circle behind them. Coordinated fire takes out two dozen swarmers, while the remining dozen loses cohesion and flies past the -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Qanwl' scoring only minor paint scratches with their plasma torches along the hull.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Shieldless Ravager gets a dozen swarmers forming a defensive screen while remining dozen rushes San'leth,their plasma torches doing minor structral damage to the main hull.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Dozen and half remaining swarmers turn around and rush Qib Quj, burning some of the ships armor plating.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> 3 dozen swarmers on Egzo's tail catch up and force his two wingman to break the formation to evade their torches.

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 remains steady as his holographic image shakes with his ship's bombardment.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar fires two volleys of oversized quantum torpedoes at the Nekcrid cruiser...

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 31 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Unfortunately torps are too damn slow and some are taken down by Nekcrid beams, while the rest is blocked by the swarm, that is reduced by another two dozen swarmers.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Kul's action --

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "Not that I mean to disappoint, Reisling, but the Hurq may have different plans on their mind... as do I. Intel Station, drop a subspace beacon.-"

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 has his Intel Battlecruiser drop a subspace beacon and then flies directly towards the Hurq command ship, trailing his own swarm. When they get within 3km they attempt to initiate Ionic Turbulence

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 - Slowing all ships within 3km of the Command ship and lowering damage resistance, then active the subspace beacon to warp back to their starting point.

[Emotes] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: rolls 63 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Qib Quj drops the beacon and rushes into the enemy swarm, taking minor structural damage to the wing as it rushes into the maelstorm of swarmers-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - and deploys the ionic turbulence before performing quick subspace jump to the beacon.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "If anyone can trigger a Gravity well, I suggest that clump of ships as your target..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Another dozen of swarmers is destroyed in the run, leaving two dozen captured within the ionic turbulence.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Nekcrid cruiser launches another wing (dozen) of swarmers, while keeping thier beam arrays on PD duty.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** current status after round 1: Nekcrid has 50% shieds and no warp capability, it's surrounded by 5 dozen swarmers and 2 ravagers who are focusing on Daramar. Egzo has 3 dozen swarmers on his back.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** Heras is free of the pursuit, Kul has shaken off his pursuit and captured them in teh turbulence with some of the swarmers from the main body.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> I might be able to do it. If I detonate a projected quantum singularity with a plasma torpedo, I could trigger off the gravity well that you need."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** Lexi has 1 dozen of swarmers and B'atar has 2 dozen and 1 ravager left

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 2 --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

B'Atar@anncarise stops trying to pull the swarmers apart after the last attempt failed and San'leth and its wingmen get into a full on dogfight with the Hur'q forces, aiming to outmaneuver and destroy them.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "If you think you can do it, by all means. Just a large cluster of ships that can't escape make for lovely easy targets."

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 71 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> B'atar and her wingmen fully focus fire on the Ravager, destroying it along with a dozen defense swarmers, leaving only a dozen to deal with...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd is hanging on very tight to his command chair's arms and muttering a constant stream of curses, as Rritt the helmcat tries to shake their pursuers (while the rear turret plinks away at the swarm).

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 27 (1-100)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (reroll)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 74 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Helmcat is in their element today, as Hag'lhr pulls away from chasing the Ravager, does a space brake making the swarmers shoot past it and blowing up dozen or so of them, allowing his wingmen -

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: noice

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - some breathing room.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Heras' action --

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Squadron, break off and join Kul's squadron. No sense risking all our ships on this."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <FX> And as the two birds of prey fly away, the Reisling sets to work. First they project a quantum singularity outside their reactor... and right at the point delivered from Kul's map.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <FX> Then the Reisling fires a plasma torpedo. Already unstable, this naked and unattended quantum singularity, normally used to power a starship, gets destabilized and explodes.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Oooh science solutions!

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <FX> The rip in the fabric of reality creates a powerful gravitational pull that draws in the ships that get too near.

[Emotes] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: rolls 9 (1-100)

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: (REROLL!)

[Emotes] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: rolls 6 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: ouch

[Team] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: You've got to be ****ing me...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Awww

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: ( Woof )

[Team] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: Well, nice knowing you all. Reisling's probably gonna be crumpled up like a beer can for this...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Unstable singularity detonates immediately, blowing up the two dozen of the swarmers caught within the ionic disturbance (which must have messed up the calculations). Detonation blows the -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Riesling back away from the main swarm, shields down and other systems blinking in and out...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** think Vader at the end of the New Hope after being hit by Han :)

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "GREAT BIRD! We're suffering heavy damage. Quantum chamber offline... main power down... multiple hull breaches... emergency power online."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lexi's action --

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "We're dead in space here. We'll try to get back into the fight as soon as we can."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** I just want it on the record this was a great idea, but rngjesus was not with us

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "Sensor confirmation, is the Riesling clear of the clustered Hurq ships?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "Squadron, sweep up these remnants then cover the Riesling. Time to cut that command ship down to size..."

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yeah,,,

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Love cool science ideas! But that reroll was just mean!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: well, gotta roll with the punches

[Team] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: No worries! If you're gonna fail... fail big!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: geddit? roll. geddit?...not funny?

Lexi@crystyll FX | As squad focuses on remaining swarmers. QanwI's afterburners glow bright as she rockets into the fray, dancing through the swarmers with cannons blazing and making a tight barrel roll around

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hahaha

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I did not catch that the first time

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: the hull of the command ship, aiming to emulate earlier success with slicing through the comms array

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 81 (1-100)

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: < got her spots back this week xD

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yaaaay!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lexi's wingmen finish off the remaining dozen swarmers that were pursuing them, while Qanwl' strafes the cruiser, dropping it's shields down to 25%.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Emergency battery power to the weapons. Fire everything! *some question is mutter offscreen* I said EVERYTHING!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar lights up as Christmas tree as all forward facing beam banks, cannons and turrets and torpedo tubes open fire.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 19 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** reroll

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (booooooo) (yes.)

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 61 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Oh wow that reroll was a complete flip

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: the 1 switched places with the 9

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: and then the 9 flipped around to become a 6

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hehe

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Nekcrid's shields cave in as the full power of the klingon flagship rips through the main hull, dealing severe damage - but still a bit off from fully finishing the Hur'q command vessel.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As a last sign of defiance, Nekcrid launches another squadron of swarmers.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Remaining 3 dozen swarmers and two Destroyers rush the Daramar, bashing it's front shields down to 20%.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Kul's action --

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "Is the Reisling clear?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *tac officer nods* Yes they are out of the combat!

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 orders his ship to turn the undamaged wing towards the main group and orders a full broadside.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "Attack Wing, open fire, indiscriminate targets. Let their warp breaches do our work for us."

[Emotes] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: rolls 45 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Broadside catches the swarmer squadron launched from the Nekcrid off guard and blows them all up.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** Status at the end of round 2: 2 dozen swarmers on Egzo, 1 dozen swarmers on B'atar, 2 dozen swarmers and 2 ravagers on Daramar, nekcrid is a nasty look away from being a space wreck

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: == ROUND 3 ==

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C - To Wingmen> "The leftovers are yours. Assist the Daramar as soon as you're finished!"

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth rushes in to help Daramar and leaves the wingmen to mop up the last dozen swarmers.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 39 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth and her wingmen destroy half a dozen of swarmers each, none managing to conclude the fight, but whittling down the enemy numbers nonetheless.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> Hag'lhr and his wingmates are trying to clean each other's tails without shooting each other's tails OFF. Tricky business, that.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 53 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'hlr and the wingmen take out another dozen of the swarmers, turning the dogfight into a mop-up exercise.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Heras' action --

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <FX> Reisling's engineering crew are working hard to restore their main power. They try to narrow down the issue...

[Emotes] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: rolls 66 (1-100)

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <FX> The problem stemmed from a misalignment in the quantum chamber. To project another singularity they split the one from their reactor core, and as a result misaligned the whole chamber and knocked

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: +out their main power.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> "Did you try to turn it off and on again?" "Maybe we should reverse the main flow polarity of the plasma con-" *loud kick, power turns on again* "Newbs".

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Reisling powers on, and regains control of it's movements...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lexi's action --

Lexi@crystyll FX | QanwI' turns a sharp 180 and ploughs back through the command ship to unleash a torpedo barrage. Igniting coolant in it's wake as it passes through the masses of swarmers

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 16 (1-100)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: (reroll...)

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 45 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yay!

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: phew!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yeah...rerolls are scary because you can get worse than the original roll!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Light 'em up... yIbaH!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Torpedo volley hits the central part of the Nekcrid, blowing up the main command node and splitting the ship in the lifeless pylons, while plasma burns another half a dozen of nearest swarmers...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - leaving only 1 dozen swarmers and two Ravagers left.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> 1 minute of clean-up later, entire swarm is completely wiped out.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> All wings, damage report!

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> Qib Quj, minor structural to our left wing and rear armor plating reduced by 75%."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: and this was supposed to be warm up for the stf lel. well, next weekend!

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> "We may need to resharpen our wings. Otherwise we're in good job and ready to assist where needed" she grins happily

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Egzo here. We're good.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Combat is never quick.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "Reisling here. We've suffered moderate damage through multiple systems. We've just managed to get back under way on our own power. One of my squadron, the Ning'tao, has also suffered light damage

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "Resharpen your wings...never thought I'd hear that phrase," she chuckles. "San'leth and squad is undamaged."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Daramar's front shields are almost down, but we'll repower them soon. Reisling, do you require repair materials and teams? We still have that distress signal to investigate.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "Actually, I already have."

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "It's a Dosi colony, under attack by Hur'q. They are putting up a ... rugged... resistance while attempting an evacuation. But won't last long."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: <C> "We could use some hull plating patches. Our cargo bay got hit."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "What happens after the Hur'q attack a world? Do they just destroy everything and move on?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Very well, stand by for the material transport, we are moving to assist the Dosi as soon as possible.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <c> "A larger swarm is on the way, no doubt to reinforce the invasion. And just like the standard Dominion policy, there are no ships in sight to defend their 'Ally'. "

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to B'atar* Latest reports show full scale destruction.

[Local] Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377: <C> "And for the sake of clarity, they don't destroy everything... They eat it."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> They are not leaving anything standing.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Yes, we must hurry and save all that whis- erm, all those people. Right.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> "Well let's hope the Dosi can hold out long enough for us to get there then. Don't want them eating everything and moving on before we join the fight!"

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hahaha the whiskey

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: The Hurq's true motive

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> All right, you heard it folks, all wings form on Daramar, we will be warping as soon as Reisling is ready.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, acting.

Kul vav ghajbe'@XR-377 smirks while his image flickers in the hologram at Sadia's little misspoken goal.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like