BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT A. Tlei
CC --
FROM SCDR Eviess
SUBJ Scrapleton
OiXpiHg.png

Captain Tlei,

I'm seeing reports that the Shackleton's being torn apart by some sort of explosions. I think it'd behoove the situation for you to talk to Derenzis and offer some kind of help. Making friends with Captains is what you want to happen, right? If you can't, I could go in your stead if you want.

Let me know what you think.

//SIGNED//
Subcommander Eviess i-Ra'tleihfi t'Cyklaas
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Brindisi

OOC: This thread will serve as a location for any and all Brindisi communications from one Brindisi crew to another.
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO SCDR. Eviess
CC --
FROM CAPT. Tlei, A
SUBJ RE: Scrapleton
OiXpiHg.png

Subcommander,

I will go and speak to Captain Derenzis myself when she has the time; I'd imagine she's dealing with a lot right now. I will send her a message and make sure she knows she can count on us if she needs to.

Also do not send me messages with the subject "Scrapleton"
//SIGNED//
Captain Azieza Tlei
Commanding officer
U.S.S. Brindisi
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO U.S.S. Brindisi/Engineering
CC --
FROM LTCMDR Brex, S. J.
SUBJ Engineering Challenges
OiXpiHg.png

After a brief meeting with our Subcommander Eviess, I reported our warp core intermix phase differential of 0.0013 Angstroms from alignment. Unfortunately the Subcommander was unimpressed. She wants us to get down to 0.001, a very achievable goal, but one that will require work to acquire.

While an easy answer would be to request an uprated warp core, this would lead to an almost full refit as all supporting systems would need further upgrades. While the prospect of fresh systems would be exciting, it's downtime that the fleet would be unlikely to afford at this time.

As such, we need to work intelligently to solve this with ingenuity and guile. We are Starfleet Engineers. We're miracle workers! Let's get to work.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Saun Brex
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Brindisi
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO LCDR S. J. Brex
CC --
FROM SCDR Eviess
SUBJ New Engineers
OiXpiHg.png

Brex,

I noticed your advertisement. If you need more engineers, that's your judgement to make. In the future though, I'd like to be informed beforehand.

I want to meet anyone on your shortlist before you take them onto your team. Good job on taking my engineering request seriously.

//SIGNED//
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Brindisi
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO SCDR Eviess
CC --
FROM LCDR S. J. Brex
SUBJ RE: New Engineers
OiXpiHg.png

Subcommander,

My deepest apologies. On previous assignments (at least with crews of this size) recruitment of enlisted and generalised personnel was left to the Department Heads rather than direct purview of the XO, I should not have assumed this to be the case on the Brindisi and take your feedback seriously.

Once I have my shortlist, I shall keep you informed.

//SIGNED//
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Brindisi
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO LCDR S. J. Brex
CC 38th/Brindisi/Senior Staff
FROM SCDR Eviess
SUBJ RE: RE: New Engineers
OiXpiHg.png

Brex,

As Chief of Engineering, you are afforded significant autonomy in your decisions and means of execution of said decisions. As Executive Officer, however, I am responsible for all departments and ship operations.

An increase or decrease of crew could potentially impact the ship and our ability to grant Captain Tlei operative maneuverability this ship is designed for.

I want to be CC'd on anything substantive, and that applies to all department heads.

All being said, your initiative is commendable. I don't expect to be involved in everything, but I do expect to be informed. Keep up the good work.

//SIGNED//
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Brindisi
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Tlei, A.
CC SCDR Eviess
FROM LCDR S. J. Brex
SUBJ Shopping List
OiXpiHg.png

Captain, Subcommander,

I am under no illusion that we will be able to spare the time for a major refit in the short term, however I feel we could benefit from some enhanced systems over the current state of the Brindisi. Some may be larger requests than others, but all are designed to operate together to ensure a significantly enhanced mission and operation profile, I believe we should be able to perform these upgrades piecemeal in order to ensure a minimum projected downtime.

WARP CORE
Thought I'd best get the primary request out into the open first. I propose we replace our current warp core with a class 9 system. This style core provides slightly less power than the class 8, however it operates at a lower maintenance cost and is fitted with a tri-cyclic input manifold which will greatly reduce our calibration of intermix phase differential, allowing for a longer sustained higher power curve. The class 9 is also fitted with a compositor which will greatly enhance our dilithium recrystallisation efforts allowing longer duration of detached service. I would recommend a Yoyodyne Systems core over General Electric, these are usually created with a higher quality transparent aluminium casing which allows greater stresses to be placed on the core without risking a breach situation.

PLASMA WAVEGUIDE CONDUITS
Our current Yoyodyne Type-R conduits are some of the best current starships can be fitted with, 3.7 litre flow and a drop flow induction coil give us some of the best performance a Starfleet vessel is capable of, however going back a few years, and General Electric actually made slightly better ones.

Newer GE conduits are farmed out to the Cardassian corporation Ghemor Industries (who are better known for Isolinear Rod Computer systems over Plasma Waveguide Conduits!) who use a slightly stronger polymer in their design which is able to withstand greater kinetic impacts, however have a significantly limited thermal resistance (up to 58,000K). With the Brindisi's ablative armour system, we can withstand greater impacts than most other vessels in the fleet so that's not a concern for us. Circa 2412 GE conduits have the same 3.7 litre flow, with drop flow induction coils, but can withstand plasma temperatures of up to 70,000K, whereas our current conduits can only withstand up to 64,000K. Higher plasma temperatures equals lower subspace disruption in warp and transwarp applications.

These may be hard to come by, but I may be able to pull a few favours from a quartermaster or two, this may require some form of investment however.

ELECTROPLASMA DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
While the waveguide conduits themselves are unlikely to create additional strain on the EPDN, it would be an idea to install a redundant EPS Junction on deck 8 (behind the main computer core) and also on deck 18 (behind the main deflector), this is largely an issue for redundancy, however would allow increased sensor resolution and processing should sufficient resources be diverted there.

COMPUTER SYSTEMS
Again, more of an enhancement in the spirit of redundancies, however we would also see a benefit to increased processing power if we added additional ODN points to existing junctions and used a newer Bio-Neutral gel pack filament. These would be supplemented with additional isolinear banks for computational storage and secondary processing.

Additionally I would like to liaise with Operations to organise an upgrade to LCARS 8, or at the very least LCARS 7, there's a number of new features and fixes which will improve general ship based operation.

I thank you for your consideration and hope this quick plan is to your liking.

//SIGNED//
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Brindisi
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO SCDR. Eviess, LCDR Brex, S
CC --
FROM CAPT. Tlei, A
SUBJ RE: Shopping List
OiXpiHg.png
Subcommander, Lieutenant Commander,

Tomorrow at 07:30 we will meet to discuss these things. I feel this.... refitting business is better discussed in person. Do not be late.

//SIGNED//
Captain Azieza Tlei
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Brindisi
((OOCly when ever time suits all of us online))
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Tlei, A.
CC --
FROM SCDR Eviess
SUBJ SAS Account Finished
OiXpiHg.png

Captain Tlei,

I've finished the account of our encounter with SAS. I've attached to this message the list of the five dead security we lost. I'd recommend you do what Starfleet does when they lose people, and also request replacements. I've also submitted my report on the matter.

I'm sorry I didn't know them.

//SIGNED//
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Brindisi
//ATTACHMENT// Security.mnft