Feb 10: Following the frostcrumbs

Hunt for the Breen elite squadron continues! After dealing with all the surprises left by their prey, KDF squadron follows the Breen comm signal to an uncharted border system...

--

When: Saturday, Feb 10, Beta +1

Where: Starship bridge.

What: Bridge RP.

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
4 Likes
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Hey."

B'Atar@anncarise salutes Sadia as she approaches, "Captain."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods back* Good day folks.

Egzo@HF_Mudd is nomming on a targ-bacon sammich while he waits for others to show.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *a smell of a chicken-themed stew is wafting from a bit pot on the table, Sadia's plate looks like it was used already*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *big

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *burps satisfyingly* That was good.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *more unused plates and utensils are sorted on the table near the stew*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: You should try it, courtesy of my ex.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "The hew-mon, ya mean? Wossis, Toww?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, Tau. I had to jump there to pick up all the folks that went on shore leave anyway.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I miss his cooking. But it's not nearly enough to defect just for that! *chuckles*

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sit, and grab some! It's not poisoned, I swear!

B'Atar@anncarise | An Orion steps into the room, wearing a similar uniform to Mysti but without the tiara and with a single-layered long shoulderpad. Her hair is worn differently, though she bears the brand of -

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs, and has a seat.

B'Atar@anncarise - the Tabadi's fesin.

Egzo@HF_Mudd sits in a chair.

Egzo@HF_Mudd starts spooning out some stew for himself.

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj: "Hello, Captain Sadia."

B'Atar@anncarise eyes the new Orion as she grabs a seat and some food.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Naw, he wasn't the kind to poison anyone. So soft, so... 'hew-mon'."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well met, delbaj. How's the day treating you?

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts again, finishing his business with the stewpot while the boss lady greets the newcomer.

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj: "It's been a fine day. I have a good feeling about this chase we're going on. I'd like to apologize for the Tabadi not meeting you in person, she's tied up in a holocall with the -

B'Atar@anncarise - Tabadi's Circle."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Understandable. Hope things are going well for the OSN?

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj: "It's all proceeding smoothly. We've seen some promising results on that new ship that's being developed, and our resource base is growing bigger every day!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes around a mouthful of stew - which IS pretty good - "I got some idea how it is, gettin' somethin' like that goin'. All meetin's and calls and paddwork..."

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj: "No news on the Branded Lady front unfortunately, but that means we got our hands free to deal with these Breen at the moment."

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles, chews, etc.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I'm looking forward to see this new ship of yours in action.

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj: "Me too! We get plenty of paperwork...but that new ship can really punch! At least the salvaged deflector they got can really punch."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Anyone seen Alyss?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Na' me."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Nope. Got a new cannon replacement for San'leth though. Didn't need Breen tech this time, just good old Klingon disruptor."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Still got the Breen beams, so the bird's back up to full strength now."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods approvingly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Good! So you folks are ready to head out?

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "Aye. Let's blow up some more Breen!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd mms and stands.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: See you in space then.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= Daramar here. We've analyzed that signal that was emitted from that drone outpost. The target was somewhere within an uncharted system some 5.2 LY to galactic NW from here.

B'Atar@anncarise fizzles into existance as a hologram, "Uncharted, eh? Let's hope there's more shellbug aliens to conquer...."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "That'd be a fun way t' spend an afternoon. Maybe this bunch'll have somethin' worth taking..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd idly gives the orders to set course, etc, letting the boss lady on Daramar take the lead.

B'Atar@anncarise chuckles, "Here's hoping."

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj pops in over the holoprojector as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= Well, good portion of this area is largely uncharted, so we are going in blind.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "That's what cloaks is for."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= That's right. We are going in silent.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= All ship, engage stealth devices and warp on my mark. Mark.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "I promise not to attract a swarm of drones this time. Cloaks activated."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I Massive battlecruiser cloaks and engages warp.

B'Atar@anncarise | OSN Delbaj: "Signal masking online. Heat emission at minimum. Engaging warp core."

B'Atar@anncarise FX | The cloaked San'leth goes to warp, followed by the much larger Thana.

B'Atar@anncarise * signature masking (I think)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I After almost 12 hours of uninterrupted travel, ships jump out of warp at the edge of the system. Basic scans show an orange dwarf star, and a single gas giant. A strong energy signature is -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - detected in the orbit of the gas giant.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "That energy signature, might be what we're looking for."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) "One way t' find out."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) "Hag'lhr's goin' in for a look. Those of ya with no cloaks, hang back."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= We are covering you, Hag'lhr.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Yeah...think I'll take watch after last time..." she chuckles

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: What the... Ha! Oh, you gotta hear this... patching it through.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) They're broadcastin' this in the clear, one sec... there.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I Everyone receives a message - video and audio feed of strange red hairless alien, that in a best manner of TV salesman, advertises Obadin Combine's products which range from-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - household appliances to starship warp drives - reliable and affordable, with 2 year guarantee!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) If 'is lobes were a bit bigger, might make a decent Ferengi.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I Signal originates from the previously detected energy signature.

B'Atar@anncarise laughs, (C) "Aye! So we're looking at some kind of trading post? Or maybe that's a cryptic spy signal or something..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "I've heard stories of spies using common frequencies and messages to hide messages."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= Hm, we're running it though with our signal analysis, but so far, nothing. Not even usual malware crap ferengi try to sneak in.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Might just be a trading post then. Why would the signal lead us here?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Good question.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: =C= Guess it's time to find out.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) So, whaddya think... sneak around the back side of the GG, drop cloaks and come out all friendly?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Could go bad if they aren't friendly. Maybe Daramar should stay under cloak."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) Maybe not a- what she said.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "If things go bad, we got a surprise for them," she smirks.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) How about just Thana, then?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Let 'em see the one they can't NOT see.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Boss, I've done some sensor sweeps. This place is busy, lots of warp signatures, many unknown. But I managed to isolate weak breen warp trail.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Wait one.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Comin' or goin'?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Some 72 hours old, at least, can't tell for sure but looks like they were incoming

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Hm. They /might/ still be here... or someone here mighta seen 'em. Sold 'em somethin'."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Yeah. No Breen ships registering on sensors, though?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) Nothing yet.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "And no outbound trails."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) Hard to confirm from here.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "If someone tows a ship away, the trails'll be that of the one doing the towing, right?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) Unless the towed ship is leaking radiation to mess up the trail, yes.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "They could've snuck away using another ship. Or well, got pawned. Only one way to find out."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "I got an insane idea..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "If I were hiding Breen on my station that looks like they just got out of a rough fight, I sure won't tell just anybody about where they're hiding."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "But San'leth registers partly as Breen tech. And we still got that suit of Breen power armour..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) You GOTTA be kiddin' me.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Yeah, it's probably gonna go horribly wrong..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) I gotta see this.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) *ahems* Erm, proceed as you see fit.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Oh you're actually letting me do it. Well this is gonna be fun..."

B'Atar@anncarise flickers and disappears for a moment.

B'Atar@anncarise reappears in Breen armour, "Yeah...I definitely look better in KDF uniform."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Got me covered?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: (C) We are keeping watch!

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Excellent."

Egzo@HF_Mudd rolls his eyes, grumbles, and settles back in his command chair to wait for the inevitable distress call for extraction.

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth decloaks and slowly cruises towards the signature.

B'Atar@anncarise opens hailing frequencies.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I Comm signal gets stronger and soon sensor show a large space station in the high orbit of the gas giant.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: http://svsh-game.com/alexcatamo/portfolio/sb.jpg

B'Atar@anncarise scans the station and tries to raise it on comms.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I Station has no shields raised, but it's thick plating makes scanning it's insides troublesome. There's at least dozen vessels of local species docked at this moment. No breen on sight,

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: FX I Your hail is soon answered and on the screen appears an image of...

[Fleet] Plott DeVice@gulremal: damn egzo alt tab back :)

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: Awww I don't even have team invite privileges!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: FX I A face of an alien appears on the screen.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (Was dealing with grease from the bacon I made earlier.)

[Fleet] Mysti@crystyll: (*pokes head in the door*)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Greetings esteemed visitors! Welcome to the Crossroad Terminal 5! I am Machinist Darquan, your operator. How can I help you?

Mysti@crystyll was here all along. honest.

[Local] Mysti@crystyll: (seriously, sorry for missing so much just kinda had to see that through!)

B'Atar@anncarise stands in full Breen armour, translator turned on to transform her voice into the signature tone of the Breen as she replies, "Xeno. I am looking for my people."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Your people? Could you please specify, we've got a lot of visitors on a daily basis.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *seems to be quickly working on his computer while talking*

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "I don't imagine many of my people would visit a pathetic installation like this. I detect their incoming signature, but I cannot raise them. You will tell me if they are on board, alien."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "And if they are alive. Which I hope for your sakes they are."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: FX I Station scans San'leth.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Please wait, gathering necessary data...

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) *tapping on the computer* I can confirm a vessel of similar construction did use our services, but they left a (translation: 29.3 hours) ago.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) They did not leave any outgoing route information or messages.

B'Atar@anncarise scans again for an exiting warp trail now that the San'leth is close.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Repair services, I presume?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) I'm sorry, that information isn't accesible as they invoked anonimity clause regarding all services rendered.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Even to their own people?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C, to B'Ata, txt only) Its business

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "And even if we're willing to purchase such information?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Moment...patching you to station administrator.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Do not test my patience."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: FX I Operator image vahishes and PLEASE WAIT image appears.

B'Atar@anncarise is tempted to bombard the station with torpedoes

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: FX I 20 seconds later, another alien shows up.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Xeno. You will tell me where my people have gone?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) High Machinist Havarigga here, station administator. That information is not for sale.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "What about the services they used?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Your request is unusual. But no, I can't provide you that information. If those customers wanted this information be available to rest of their people, they would tell us so.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Very well. I will have a word with this crew when I find them. The Breen Confederacy notes your cooperation."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Have productive day. Do you need any services perhaps. Repairs, refueling, space parts?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *have a

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *spare

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "We are not as desperate as our compatriates to require your services, alien."

B'Atar@anncarise cuts comms after giving the Breen a bad name.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Hey, everyone, check /this/ out. *relays sensor feed of docked vessel resembling Tholian scout*

B'Atar@anncarise FX | The San'leth turns and heads out of sensor range before cloaking.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Remember these guys?

[Local] Mysti@crystyll: "Ooh. Not seen those guys around in forever!" she chuckles

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Wait...gotte be kidding me. Is this Guardian tech?

B'Atar@anncarise removes her Breen translation program, "Much better. Huh, is that...what the captain said..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Scans right.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Well, we know the Breen were here, and they used some kind of service, probably repairs before going off."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) *muttering* All right. Mysti, you there?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Don't know if Guardian tech is connected or not, but they seemed to want to cover up whatever they did on the station."

[Local] Mysti@crystyll: "(C) We're here

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Annoying as it is, I do admire these people for keeping their promises to their clients. Better than Ferengi."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) We need to gather and pay the visit to this station. We'll use Thana as the approach vector, so to speak.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (C) Right. So, the original plan.

[Local] Mysti@crystyll: (C) Understood

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) I send a message to Alyss to come here ASAP. In the meantime, we'll scan the outer system for outgoing breen warp signals.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *I sent

[Local] Mysti@crystyll: (C) I'm sure she'll be along in no time. Not like her to miss a party after all!"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: well, you know they left more than a day ago, so they were here and scanning more diligently around the place might yield results

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: (C) Excellent. We meet at Thana in 30 minutes.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: (C) "Let me change out of this armour..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
2 Likes