Project Plan: Removal of SS Expedient Porter from DS13 Transwarp Gate

To: CAPT Varley, L, LCDR H’ajah
CC:
Subj: Project Plan: Removal of SS Expedient Porter from DS13 Transwarp Gate

Dear Captain Varley and Lieutenant Commander H'ajah

I attach a proposed plan for the extraction of the SS Expedient Porter from the Transwarp gateway.

Plan minimum requirements:
Full monitoring of gate systems to ensure it remains entirely functional.
Twenty shuttles or runabouts
The USS Invictus

Plan stage one: using small craft to apply maximum tractor and reverse thrust to secure structural points on the transwarp gate, Invictus will position itself directly abeam of the stuck ship, and deploy its tractor beam, running on full nonessential power, with the impulse drive set to full reverse thrust.

Stage two: Deploy engineers to assess Wedge Points within the starship. Use small craft to make minor structural amendments to Porter in order to release it from the transwarp gate.

Step three: repeat above until the Porter can be successfully removed from the gateway without damaging the gateway.

Step Four: Prosecute the Captain of the Porter for obstructing interstellar trade, creating a public nuisance, and hazarding a starship.

//SIGNED//
Captain Bahieh Keexa
Commanding Officer,
USS Invictus

//ATTACHMENT// filename.ext

6 Likes

To: CAPT Varley, Lauren
Subj: Re: Project Plan: Removal of SS Expedient Porter from DS13 Transwarp Gate

I BELIEVE THIS PROPOSAL HAS MERIT. WHILE I INTEND TO USE THE ATLANTIS AND ASIMOV FOR STABILIZATION AND TRACTION PURPOSES, THE ADDITION OF SMALL CRAFT TRACTION AT SPECIFIC STRESS POINTS WILL GREATLY IMPROVE OUR CHANCES OF SUCCESS WITHOUT FURTHER DAMAGING THE TRANSWARP GATE. I RECOMMEND THAT WE ACCEPT CAPT. BAHIEH’S OFFER.

//SIGNED//
tuq cargh qaStaHvIS ghIm h’ajah, shal puqbe’
Lt. Cmdr. H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Chief Engineer, Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13

2 Likes

To: LCDR H’ajah, CAPT Bahiek, K.
CC: CMDR Sakkhet

Captain, Commander H’ajah has spoken in favour of your plan and I’m inclined to trust your combined judgement. Atlantis and Asimov are both available, please utilize them if it increasees your chances of success.

Commander Sakkhet can correct me if I’m mistaken, but I believe at present we can only afford to provide 3 runabouts. You’ll have to make do with shuttlecraft to fill the other gaps. If you think that’s acceptable, then you may proceed. Work together to ensure a safe resolution to this issue, and keep me apprised.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

1 Like

To: CAPT L. Varley
Subj: RE: Runabouts

At this time, in order to fullfil the use of twenty runabouts, every vessel in the fleet would have to loan out at least one of their own runabouts. I’ll leave that up to you to decide if you feel the situation would warrant such a request.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sakkhet
Chief of Operations
Deep Space 13

To: CAPT Varley, L, LCDR H’ajah
CC: CMDR Sakkhet, CAPT Ceefax

Captain Varley, Commander Sakkhet, Commander H’ajah

The Invictus currently has the following Small Craft available
Shuttlecraft, Personnel: 24
Shuttlecraft, Cargo: 24
Shuttlepod: 30
Runabout, Yellowstone Class: 12
Workbees, Captain’s Yacht, Gundam or other misc.: 48.

All of these will be available as required.

Captain Ceefax has stated availability for consultations regarding high-energy reactive substances.

//SIGNED//
Captain Bahieh Keexa
Commanding Officer,
USS Invictus

//ATTACHMENT// filename.ext

1 Like

To: CAPT Varley, Lauren
CC: CAPT Bahieh, Keexa; CMDR Sakkhet

THE OPERATION WAS A TRIUMPHANT SUCCESS! THE PORTER IS CLEAR OF THE GATE AND WE MAY NOW RESUME REPAIRS. I BELIEVE MY MINIONS CAN HAVE IT OPERATIONAL AGAIN IN THREE DAYS AND FULLY REPAIRED IN NINE. A GLORIOUS VICTORY FOR ALL! EXCEPT FOR THOSE WHO RAN AWAY FROM A CHALLENGE, SAKKHET.

//SIGNED//
tuq cargh qaStaHvIS ghIm h’ajah, shal puqbe’
Lt. Cmdr. H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Chief Engineer, Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13

5 Likes