Re: Ferengi Operation

To: RDML Bishop, S. (@Sam)
CC: 38th.Command
Subj: Re: Ferengi Operation

Sir,

Information pertinent to our ongoing operations has been made visible to me. You are aware that Captain Nimitz made a payment of a billion bars of GPL to a Ferengi salesman? He has informed me that the check he wrote is invalid and that he intentionally signed his name improperly.

How this will affect the operation, I am not privy to as I am not involved in the operation and its finer details. But perhaps this is why the Treasury tries to handle any Starfleet expenditures. The faith and credit of our word may also be impacted.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Valore
Adjutant
Office of the Admiralty

3 Likes

To: LCDR Valore, S. (@Valore)
CC: ~~
Subj: RE: RE: Ferengi Operation

Who authorised you to speak to Captain Nimitz on this matter?

I am well aware of the finer details of the operation, given that the mission was mine to begin with.

Why have you taken the liberty to message 38th Command with this message, given that the details of the operation were not circulated with them?

This operation was operating on a strict need-to-know basis. Your initiative was neither needed, nor requested.

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

OOC Not sure if adding 38th Command was a mistake, if it was, let me know and I’ll remove that line from the message!

1 Like

To: RADM Quint, E. (@Quint)
Subj: FWD: Re: Ferengi Operation

Sir,

I apologize for bothering you with this matter. For whatever reason, the above strikes me as concerning. Captains making personal checks in highly secret Starfleet operations, Admiral Bishop being intent on keeping out the rest of the command staff, and the check seemingly being fake.

Whatever is happening, the right hand is not telling the rest of the body what is going on.

If it would not displease you, I would prefer to keep an eye on what new developments arise.

//SIGNED//
Adjutant
Office of the Admiralty

3 Likes

To: LCDR Valore
CC:
Subj: Re: FWD: Re: Ferengi Operation

Lieutenant Commander,
We’ve conducted operations with similar established rules and information quarantines. That Captain Nimitz chose not to adhere to this is, either surprising, a part there in, or just a personal lack is not something that can be seriously looked into at the moment. If the operation is on going. I will make an iquirery to Admiral Bishop and at least see to clearing part of that.

Although this reaction lacks you typical tact and subtly when dealing with need to know intel. So I am going with the idea you have some issue with this beyond Nimiz casually mentioning it at some point? For now I am going to ask you to take a breath on this one. IF it turns out to need oversight, that can be arranged, if not, I expect you to treat it how you would if someone were prying into Operation Dove.

//SIGNED//
Emery Quint
Commanding Officer
38’th Fleet ‘Argo’

To: RDML Bishop, S.
CC:
Subj: Valroe’s Message

Sam,
I’ve ran plenty of ‘Need to Know’ ops in my time so I wont dig for detail and ask to be read in. I will however ask if this is an ongoing operation or if this is the start of a new one. I’m not sure how the conversation started but apparently the genie is out of the bottle now.

Remember how you felt about crew being selected from you ship before your promotion? The conversation we had about these sorts of missions? I thin your are feeling how certain parties were when you were asking about it.

One of the traits that makes her great at her job is she digs when things don’t seem right. However it came up, it did so. At least she went to you first. I’m not saying its a pass, but I am saying take it into account when dealing with her further on the matter.

//SIGNED//
Emery Quin
Commanding Officer,
38’th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: RADM Quint, E.
Subj: Re: Re: FWD: Re: Ferengi Operation

I understand, sir.

Reflecting back on the matter, I see where my errors lie. I will ensure to do better in the future.

It won’t happen again.

//SIGNED//
Adjutant
Office of the Admiralty

1 Like

To: RADM Quint, E.
CC: ~~
Subj: RE: Valore’s Message

Emery,

As the Fleet Commander, you have the unique privilege (and I suppose burden) of being read in to almost every operation that is being undertaken. That applies to this one.

This operation is nearing completion and we are close to taking out a large weapons dealer from the supply chain.

What is more concerning is the fact that, according to Captain Nimitz who assures me that he did not break restrictions on speaking about this matter, the Lieutenant Commander seems to be acting on what was a practical joke from Captain Nimitz’s side. If the Lieutenant Commander cannot separate fact from fiction, then it does not matter how good of an ability she has to dig when things do not seem right, because she will be digging aimlessly. She is helpful when given direction, as you have seen from the Prime Directive breach our officers were involved in earlier. When she acts without direction, this is when we begin to see issues. Thankfully, given that this operation is nearing completion, her misplaced initiative does not seem to have hampered it.

On a separate note, I have come across a new horse riding holodeck program. I think you may like it.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

1 Like