Request for Leave | To CMDR Caspius

4OB3P0J.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR Caspius
CC CMDR Sivath; LCDR Hanson; LCDR Callahan;
FROM LT Kermit

SUBJ Request for Leave

Commander,

Please find attached completed SFD-81-31A Request for Short Notice Leave of Absence forms for myself and Lieutenant Commander Callahan. As indicated in the forms, we are requesting seven days of leave time, Stardates 93886.1 - 93904.2 (20 - 26 Nov 2416). We plan to be off-station for the duration.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant James Kermit
Assistant Chief of Operations
Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// SFD-81-31A-Kermit-93873
//ATTACHMENT// SFD-81-31A-Callahan-93873
10 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93874.0
Security Level 1: Open
TO LCDR Callahan, LT Kermit
CC CAPT Thiessen, CMDR Sivath
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Lieutenant Commander Callahan and Lieutenant Kermit,

Your requests for personal leave have been received.

Lieutenant Commander Callahan, despite the suddenness of this request, your request for personal leave is PROVISIONALLY APPROVED. This approval is provisional because of the suddenness of the request, and is granted only under the understanding that, at this time, there are no critical Engineering projects currently in progress or planned for the next week that necessitate your presence. If Commander Sivath does require your assistance, he has twenty-four hours to notify command of his exception to your request. If no exception is received within that time, the leave time will be automatically activated.

Lieutenant Kermit, your request for personal leave is DENIED. Your department is currently involved in the audit of Counseling and, as that process has already begun in earnest, and as you are the assistant chief of that department, you should see the process completed before requesting or embarking upon personal leave. I understand that you have just been married, however this change in your marital status does not abrogate the expectation that you should provide due notice for leave requests, or the expectation that you should complete duties-in-progress, except in cases of unavoidable extremity or emergency.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
9 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93874.1

zpglS1t.png
TO CMDR Caspius
CC CAPT Thiessen, Tau
FROM CMDR Sivath
SUBJ Re: Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Approved.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sivath
Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93887.6
TO LCDR Kermit
CC LCDR Hanson, CMDR Caspius
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ. Re: Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Lieutenant Commander,

Firstly, I want to congratulate you on the promotion.

While I know Commander Caspius' letter might not have been what you were hoping for, I would like to underline his choice of words; "...as you are the assistant chief of that department, you should see the process completed before requesting or embarking upon personal leave."

As much as both he and I would like to be able to give approval for such a short notice of leave, we end up in a situation of short staffing for officers with the appropriate experience for this task. Additionally, since you're going to be replacing Lieutenant Commander Hanson as the Acting Chief when she chooses to go on maternity leave, we need to know that you're very familiar with the conduct of this process now. Half a year from now when Hanson is likely spending time with her child you'll be in charge of making sure your department's audit goes over smoothly. This delay will be a blessing then.

We have no intention of leaving you without your ability to request leave - thank you for understanding our position, Lieutenant Commander. As soon as we can spare you - when your department's audit is sealed up - we'll approve your request at a priority.

//SIGNED//
Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93887.6
TO Captain Thiessen
CC LCDR J Kermit, CMDR Caspius
FROM CMDR Hanson
SUBJ. Re: Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Captain,

It is from my professional opinion that you should allow the Lieutenant Commander to take this leave. The audit is nearing completion I should be able to handle it myself. Plus I was able to survive 2 months without an assistant chief earlier this year before I was the official chief of Ops, I'm sure I can survive one week without him.

Therefore I ask you to reconsider and allow Kermit to take his leave if he still wishes to do so.

//SIGNED//
Commander Rose Hanson
Chief Of Operations, DS13
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93889.8
TO CMDR Hanson
CC CAPT Thiessen, LCDR J. Kermit
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Commander Hanson,

The confidence that you have in LCDR J. Kermit's ability is acknowledged, as is the current state of the Counseling audit. However, events transpiring last night have resulted in an Operational complexity. Because our Security Department has been administratively locked pending a JAG audit, we will need the Operations department to liase quickly at a senior level with JAG personnel for the quick restoration of our administrative functions, and hence our independent operation. As such, the demands upon the Operations department are likely to increase, not decrease, in the short term. It is my conclusion that LCDR J. Kermit's presence on station remains necessary at this time.

Captain Thiessen has a more current and comprehensive knowledge of the complexities of this situation, so if he concludes that LCDR J. Kermit's presence is not essential, he can modify these instructions at that point.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93889.8
TO CMDR Capsius
FROM CMDR Hanson
SUBJ. Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

While I do see your point, I believe you should still reconsider. I can handle one week without my assistant chief, it will be good for his general efficiency and morale to be able to celebrate his new marriage as he will be much more relaxed and less stressed by work.

//SIGNED//
Commander Rose Hanson
Chief Of Operations, Deep Space 13
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93889.8
TO CMDR Hanson
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Commander Hanson,

I have already made a decision in this matter based on fullness of situation as I understand it. Your belief in your ability to cope without LCDR J. Kermit's presence is only one factor in that decision, as indicated in my previous communique.

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress the point raised at the end of my previous communique: that there may be other information of which I am unaware, or different priorities other than those that I have identified. It is for this reason that my original communique left open the possibility that Captain Thiessen, should he be in possession of such information, may revise my decision. For the present, however, it stands.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93889.8
TO CMDR Caspius
FROM CMDR Hanson
SUBJ. Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Understood.

//SIGNED//
Commander Rose Hanson
Chief Of Operations, Deep Space 13
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93889.8
TO LCDR J. Kermit
CC
FROM CMDR Hanson
SUBJ. Request for Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Kermit,

Sorry I tried. Guess you'll have to take that honeymoon another time, unless there is some sort of miraculous event that lets you go until then you're stuck here.
5 Likes