Security Department Updates

To: <DS13/Security>
Subj: Security Department Updates

Good morning,

As you will now be aware, effective Stardate 97419.6, I have been placed in charge of the security detachment aboard Deep Space 13.

Many of you will likely know me from over the past year since I transferred from Deep Space 7 just within the Thread, but it’s a large station, so some of you may not. I’m a Romulan, born on Earth to two loving, if sometimes disagreeable, refugees of the Supernova, whose citizenship was sponsored by those of the Family Blake. I’m the middle child in a large family with two brothers and two sisters so I like to think my negotiation skills are high up there. I’ve served Starfleet since my 17th year, studying and attaining a degree in Criminology through the Satie Scholarship program, and 11 years on from graduation I’m not regretting my decision to serve.

I am not Vera Nim. I intend to uphold this position and department to the highest standards and procedures befitting Starfleet Security. We will be transparent and open to scrutiny when appropriate.

We already have a lot to do, so I won’t take any more of your time with this. Should you have any questions, my office will be always open.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Kara Blake
Chief Security Officer,
Deep Space 13

6 Likes

To: LCDR Blake, Kara
Subj: RE: Security Department Updates

Congratulations Chief! Ah, feels so good to say that! We haven’t met formally so I’ll be dropping by your office soon to talk, which as I remember, that office used to be filled with old comm badges, tricorders and hundreds of isolinear chips strewn all over the floor?

Anyway, great to have you as Chief!

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Loxton
Security Department
DS13

3 Likes

To: LT Loxton, N

Thank you Lieutenant it was good to meet with you last evening as well, albeit in an informal capacity. I am keen to speak with you, and as you say, my office is currently unsuitable for meetings.

With that in mind, we would be best meeting in the annexe you mentioned to discuss. Will you be available at Beta shift today?

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Kara Blake
Chief Security Officer,
Deep Space 13

3 Likes

To: LCDR Blake, K

I shall indeed be free at Beta today. Meet you in the annexe.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Nick Loxton
Security,
Deep Space 13

1 Like