Shipyard MRO Supervisor

To: DS13/Engineering
CC: DS13/Command (@DS13.Command)
Subj: SHIPYARD MRO SUPERVISOR

ATTENTION ENGINEERING MINIONS: IT IS WITH SORROW IN MY HEART THAT I REPORT THAT OUR LONG-SUFFERING VULCAN TASKMASTER, LT. CMDR. SUVIK, SON OF STRUK, HAS EARNED A LONG-OVERDUE PROMOTION TO SERVE AS CHIEF ENGINEER ABOARD THE U.S.S. SARATOGA. I KNOW HE WILL GO ON TO WIN GLORY AND FAME IN THIS NEW ROLE, AND THOUGH I MOURN THE LOSS OF A COMRADE IN THE NEVER-ENDING WAR AGAINST ENTROPY, STILL I REJOICE TO IMAGINE THE GREAT FEATS OF ENGINEERING HE WILL ACHIEVE. WE WILL RETROFIT REACTOR CORE UPGRADES TOGETHER AGAIN IN STO-VO-KOR, MY FRIEND!

THIS SUDDEN TRANSFER LEAVES A VACANCY IN THE POSITION OF SHIPYARD MRO SUPERVISOR, AS WELL AS IN MY HEART. WHILE THE HUNT FOR A QUALIFIED REPLACEMENT IS IN PROGRESS, IT IS MY DECISION THAT LT. T’PEMI, DAUGHTER OF CHRISTOPHER, SHALL SERVE AS ACTING SUPERVISOR OF ALL SHIPYARD MAINTENANCE, REPAIR, AND OVERHAUL OPERATIONS, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. HER MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AT MENDING BROKEN VESSELS AND STELLAR RECORD OF FORCIBLY HAULING DAMAGED SYSTEMS BACK FROM THE BRINK OF DEATH HAVE NOT GONE UNNOTICED, AND IT IS TIME FOR HER METTLE TO BE TESTED AGAINST A GREATER CHALLENGE. I AM CONFIDENT THAT SHE WILL TRIUMPH OVER ALL OBSTACLES IN HER PATH.

MINIONS, JOIN ME IN WISHING BOTH SUVIK AND T’PEMI GLORY AND HONOR IN THEIR NEW VENTURES. QAPLA’ TO YOU BOTH!

//SIGNED//
tuq cargh qaStaHvIS ghIm h’ajah, shal puqbe’
Lt. Cmdr. H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Chief Engineer, Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13

(( Update 2021-05-30: This post was edited to change the name of the ship Suvik will be serving on. Sorry if anybody gets re-notified. ))

6 Likes