BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 96013.3

TO CAPT S. Bishop
CC CMDR A. Samaras
FROM CPT G. Valencia
SUBJ MACO EVA Training
ONKKwVo.png

Captain,

As MACO, we are constantly training in order to better ourselves. One area I believe that we can improve further is our EVA Combat, something which Team 32 as a collective unit has been lacking. This is even more worrying given the fact that we are a ship-based MACO Team; the possibility of EVA Combat is high and yet, I do not believe that we are combat ready for such an instance.

Because of this, I would like to schedule EVA training for our MACO. After looking for suitable instructors, I believe that our own Ensign Mitsuki Rumiho is the best candidate for the job. She has a professional training licence, and although she has yet to instruct anyone in EVA use, I believe that having her teaching the MACO would be best for both Team 32 and for the Ensign's personal growth. I have already spoken to the Ensign and she has expressed her willingness to take part, something I believe that you should note for your records on her. It is to be noted that the Ensign preferred to use some of her duty time training, instead of using her off duty time.

Whether or not you decide to have Ensign Mitsuki as the instructor, I hope you agree that this training is necessary for Team 32. To train effectively, we will be learning the theory in one of the classrooms on the ship, before moving to the holodeck, and then a shuttle or cargo bay, before venturing outside. Whilst we certainly do not need to book all these rooms now, I feel like giving you a heads up is necessary.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Gabriella Valencia
Team Lead - MACO Team 32, USS Endeavour

BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 96013.3

TO CPT G. Valencia
CC CMDR Samaras
FROM CAPT S. A. Bishop
SUBJ RE: MACO EVA Training
ONKKwVo.png

Captain Valencia,

I trust your assessment of Team 32 to be a valid one; having read your weekly reports on the progress of our MACO contingent, it does seem that EVA Combat is a weakness. Given the importance of this training, I am slightly surprised that you have decided to choose the Ensign over a more experienced instructor, including MACO instructors themselves. However, as ever, I defer to your assessment of the situation and if you believe that the Ensign will benefit, I have no qualms. In regards to using duty time, I will leave Commander Samaras to sort out the details, but I do not believe that we can spare the Ensign from her helm duties, especially since the new duty schedule has increased her workload. We will, however, aim to accommodate as much as possible, but it might mean the Ensign has to give up her own time to do this.

You already have your own MACO classroom assigned, so that will not pose an issue. Holodeck requests for research and training purposes are prioritised, so once again, that should not pose much of an issue. Use of a shuttle or cargobay may be more problematic, but given enough time, we can make way for the request. Of course, using the Endeavour's exterior for training would have to be pre-arranged with the knowledge that such training may have to be cancelled at the last minute, or even during the training itself. But these are worries for the future. Please submit to be a timeline for the training and we will move forward with this.

You are doing an excellent job as Team 32 Leader, Gabriella. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Alexander Bishop PhD
Commanding Officer - USS Endeavour
1 Like