STARDATE: 92065.1

VESSELCOMMANDING OFFICERVESSELCOMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. OAKHAMCAPT ELI ROAN ALTAISU.S.S HURRICANECAPT TABITHA CAINE
U.S.S INDOMITABLECAPT TAMARA SANTU.S.S TROICAPT KERO ELAN
U.S.S. ATLASCAPT DAEMEDUS WELHUPHU.S.S INNOVATIONCAPT T'LOT
U.S.S. DAMOCLESCAPT NATHAA THRAZU.S.S RELENTLESSCAPT GABRIELLE MAILLIARD
U.S.S. FORMIDABLECAPT BENEDICT CROSSU.S.S TREPTOWCMDR KELL TANIS

Spoiler: ATTACHED |Show

TO: CAPT WelhuphCC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe; Second Squadron CommandersFROM: CAPT Morton

BH1Pd8X.pngSUBJECT: Warming Hostilities
STARDATE: 92095.2

Captain Welhuph,

Please forgive the interruption I'm sure you're quite busy, so I appreciate you taking the time to go through this short message. Recently there's been a small rise in tensions through the backwaters of the Alpha Quadrant. While no immediate or major threat is present, the 'Oswestry has been operating out of Deep Space 9 for the past week and we've received accounts of several incidents of unprovoked attacks and in some cases just mere threats. Now as far as the reports go, they appear to vary drastically in their descriptions. Some express concern of older Cardassian vessels striking lone freight ships, one documentation states a Breen ship struck a small convoy of commerce and civilian ships. There's not much in terms of evidence of these attacks in reality, we reported in to command recently of the increase in hostile activity and have begun an ongoing investigation into it. However, as well as DS9, we've been unsuccessful in uncovering anything in terms of evidence or any leads on the culprits and source of these attacks.

More reports continue to find their way towards us, and vessels are being advised on their travel routes through the sector - the 'Oswestry has returned to DS13 and we've currently handed over the full investigation to the more suited team aboard DS9. Saying that, I still can't shake the curiosity and mystery in what's actually causing all these reports to flourish. The oddity with this investigation is that there's nothing to legitimize the majority of the reports, but I can't understand how or for what reason such a number of vessels would fabricate reports like this - A Cadet I'd happened to have spoken too made a suggestion that they could possibly be wanting to lure a ship into things to investigate? Something we'd considered but... again... there doesn't seem to be any logical reason.

While there are more pressing matters to attend to, I'd like you and the Atlas to make way to DS9 and join their investigation, if only for a few days. I'd be very interested in seeing if you would be able to uncover anything more and shed some light on the situation. I feel a fresh pair of eyes and hands could reveal something the rest of us have perhaps missed. Again, it's nothing urgent but left too long unchecked and these reports might start becoming more common and by that point, the need to collect evidence might be a little too late. If you ... get my meaning. Apologies, it's grown quite late and while I'm still up I thought I'd make the effort to shake some things off of my list - starting with this message; thanks.

CAPTAIN COBY MORTON
COMMANDING OFFICER; U.S.S. OSWESTRY
SQUADRON COMMANDER; 2nd SQUADRON

Attached above is a short description (if you can even call it that) of a number of reported attacks originating near Cardassian space. Deep Space Nine operations have been able to obtain a rough area of operations of the apparent attacks, with the majority of the victims calling for support as they actually leave the borders. A trading vessel, holding a mixed crew of 2 Ferengi, a Bolian and Human, was attacked most recently and the ship appears to have been damaged by plasma directed energy weapons. This personally confused me a little, as previous attacks yielded no evidence of attacks aside from crew testimony - leading me to suspect this attack might not even be related. I'm not going to go into much more detail than I have in the attached message sent to Captain Welhuph due to the fact other than what DS9 have been able to find out, there's nothing more in terms of new - let alone remotely useful - information. I'm extending the request to all ships in the squadron, there's hardly any information at all and you'll be going in blind, the investigation itself seems a dead end and I'm fairly sure even DS9 are putting the case on the back burner.

I want these attacks pinpointed and stopped, or failing that and it's revealed the attacks are fabrications, I want those responsible found and questioned as to the purpose of these false claims.

If any Commanding officer wishes to take the assignment I'll convene with them in person and go over possible action plans that could take us somewhere. Short of sending bait, there doesn't seem to be much else we're able to do to even coax a lead out for us to follow. I understand that this seems an extremely vague and pointless request, even confusing, but I'm at a loss at how else to convey these attacks. I'm currently following up on what type of plasma weapons were used, but I doubt it'll help us much. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Captain Elan, Captain T'Lot, unfortunately for the both of you I'd like to speak with you at your earliest convenience concerning this investigation.

CAPTAIN COBY MORTON

6 Likes

TO: CAPT Morton CC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe; Second Squadron CommandersFROM: CAPT Welhuph

STARDATE: 92095.2

Sir,

I understand your guidance. The Atlas will make for Deep Space Nine within the next 24 hours as requested.

More updates on what we find will follow.

Respectfully,
D.E. Welhuph

CAPTAIN DAEMEDUS WELHUPH
COMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. ATLAS
4 Likes
TO:CAPT MortonCC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe;FROM: CMDR M'Rella

BH1Pd8X.pngSUBJECT: COPY: Warming Hostilities
STARDATE: 92095.5

Sir.

Tavistock stands ready to hide in bait convoys. Our cloak is fully operational. Just tell me what convoys you want me to keep an eye on.

We're making for DS-9 now... I'll have to give old Kurland a race, see if he's been treating the Defiant right.

Commander K'Meiuu M'Rella
USS Tavistock NCC-92314
2nd Squadron
3 Likes
TO:CAPT MortonCC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe;FROM: CAPT Cross

STARDATE: 92095.5

Captain Morton,

Formidable has re-deployed to the area. We shall patrol thoroughly and report further.

Captain Benedict Cross
USS Formidable.
2nd Squadron
3 Likes

TO: CAPT Morton CC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe; Second Squadron CommandersFROM: CAPT Welhuph

STARDATE: 92097.9

First report, stardate 92097.9.

We investigated a system in the Dubhe sector. System Limax-132. The star had only one large gas giant and a massive asteroid belt that we investigated for possible pirate ships. We found none, however multiple warp signatures indicate something is travelling into and out of the system. They were too degraded to track. Also, one of the larger asteroids appeared to have low yield tri-cobalt torpedo explosions on its surface.

Its possible that the system was being used for either target practice or weapons tests by whomever is visiting it. We have left a monitoring satellite behind and will see if it detects anything.

That is all for now.

Respectfully,
D.E. Welhuph

CAPTAIN DAEMEDUS WELHUPH
COMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. ATLAS
3 Likes
TO: CAPT Morton CC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe; 2nd Squadron CommandersFROM: CAPT Kero Elan

STARDATE: 92065.1

Captain Morton,

Apologies for the late reply, as explained to you in person I have been to Earth Space Dock to get the Troi upgraded. As we spoke, I will just proceed as instructed and wait for the in-depth, written briefing.

//SIGNED//

Captain Kero Elan
U.S.S Troi
1 Like

TO: 2nd SquadronCC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe;FROM: CAPT Morton

BH1Pd8X.pngSUBJECT: RE: COPY: Warming Hostilities
STARDATE: 92112.3

U.S.S. OAKHAMCAPT ELI ROAN ALTAISU.S.S HURRICANECAPT TABITHA CAINE
U.S.S. ATLASCAPT DAEMEDUS WELHUPHU.S.S INNOVATIONCAPT T'LOT

A BRIEF UPDATE ON THE CURRENT INVESTIGATION, FOR THE SAKE OF PARTIES INVOLVED:

Captain Mailliard;
You and the Relentless are to follow the corridor coordinates provided to you and conduct minor analysis for weapon residues along your journey. The transmissions of distress and apparent attacks appear to be received only by vessels operating alone, should you receive such a call, report it in to the nearest starfleet vessel and investigate. Should the claim follow the pattern we've recorded so far, and merely be a vocal complaint of attack, take a statement and continue course. Should your vessel encounter any hostile intent, reverse course immediately, do not engage. Further details provided in upcoming personal brief.

Captain's Elan and T'lot;
Following the Relentless' short recon, if you'd even call it that, as we spoke, your orders are to proceed into the Beta Ursae Sector Block and follow a course through the tight transport corridor into Cardassian space, then once into the Zeta Andromedae Sector plot a reverse course back to Deep Space Nine. The coordinates of the transport corridor and the flight path I wish you to follow as closely as possible will be sent to you in a secure subspace transmission, purely following protocol. The Innovation will proceed to follow the flight path and passively scan for any anomalous readings that haven't been picked up within the last 72 hours. A slow, tedious task, but it's a starting point. The 'Troi will conduct a wide band sensor sweep of the local vicinity as you travel, the only alteration is that the Troi will be operating under silent running. On top of the reason provided in person, further details will be recorded in your personal transmissions.

Captain's Cross and Welhuph;
Captain's, for the time being I'm requesting you to continue your system patrols of the sector block as normal, and continue to report any findings you encounter. Deep Space Nine will be sending additional runabout to help conduct system patrols, though their resources are a little limited currently with their own duties. Please stand by for further orders.

As per, any queries or extended concerns that haven't been addressed in your upcoming personal briefs, please feel free to contact me directly on my personal channel.

CAPTAIN COBY MORTON

((Hey guys! Thank you all so much for wanting to take part in my mini plot, and like... EXPERIMENTATION of an over-lay ... story..thing. I really wanted to tailor some mini foundries and assignments to you guys that hopeful you'd find interesting! So I tried to create some scenarios that might be fun on both an IC and just even just for you guys to play through, hopefully will be the first of a few arcs like this and hopefully you guys get some great RP from it?

ALSO! IF THERE IS ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE SQUADRON, OR SOMEONE WHO IS INSIDE, AND WANTS TO TAKE PART, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME ANY QUESTION'S OR JUST POST SOMETHING ICLY ON THE FORUM! IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED, PLEASE DON'T WORRY! I'M THE WORST ANYWAY :p

I really just want to ask you guys to have a little patience with me, please :) Just as this is the first time I'm properly trying something like this, and it's totally a personal experiment, so feedback and how you guys think it went would be great! I'd also really appreciate you guys being patient with me time-wise too, I'm a little more busy now-a-days but am putting together some foundries for you, and will be writing/MAILING you guys your personal briefings in about a week-or a little over :) Feel free to time warp RP if you guys are okay with that? Thanks so much guys.))
5 Likes

STARDATE: 92125.8

Second report, stardate 92125.8.

We investigated another system, this one in the Algira sector. We were told by a local freighter at DS9 that they had detected some unique signals in a system in that sector, so we investigated. System Johatenna-205. The system was a medium aged main sequence start with several rocky planets and a few gas giants. We found nothing to indicate a pirate base, however, when we entered orbit around the fifth planet, a gas giant with a large rocky asteroid belt, we detected a ship exiting the asteroid belt on the far side of the planet. Power readings indicated a Jem'Hadar power core, however the large gas giant was inhibiting sensors and we cannot confirm that it was either a Jem'Hadar ship, nor a Jem'Hadar power signature. It is likely that what and whomever it was, they detected us approaching and bugged out. Pirates, salvagers, an off course Cardassian patrol. We'll likely never know.

Nothing else was detected in the system.

That is all for now.

Respectfully,
D.E. Welhuph

CAPTAIN DAEMEDUS WELHUPH
COMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. ATLAS
2 Likes

STARDATE: 92160.6

Third report, stardate 92160.6.

Finally we found something. We received intel from a recently captured pirateer that some Cardassian True Way supported weapons caches were located in system Capricorn-971. Preliminary scans did detect some abnormal readings, but their signatures were much to small to draw attention. We investigated the lead, none the less.

Around the fifth planet we discovered a ice-belt system that was interfering with sensors. Further investigation conformed four orbital weapons caches, unmanned, but guarded by patrol ships of Cardassian build, though pirate owned.

A few engaged us before fleeing. We attempted to take possession of the weapons caches, but they were booby-trapped, so we had to destroy them all in place.

Definitely a hit to pirate weapon caches, and I recommend searching similar systems for the same thing.

Respectfully,
D.E. Welhuph

CAPTAIN DAEMEDUS WELHUPH
COMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. ATLAS
4 Likes

STARDATE: 92202.6

Fourth report, stardate 92202.6.

An investigation of the Pisces 184 system turned up nothing in relation to the pirate attacks or support structure. Though, the system does have several large planets with intricate moon systems that could be a good hiding place.

Regardless, we did discover a Berellian freighter crashed on one of the larger moons of the fifth planet, a hydrogen-helium gas giant. The freighter had no life signs and impact debris scans indicate it has been there for 19-46 years. We were unable to detect any discernible markings.

Scans are attached, as is this visual scan of the crash site.

OUFE3tW.png

We are continuing on to the Libra-907 system where several freighters have been spotted heading over the last few weeks. Might be just a coincidence. Will report from there, next.

Respectfully,
D.E. Welhuph

CAPTAIN DAEMEDUS WELHUPH
COMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. ATLAS
3 Likes

TO: CAPT MortonCC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe; Second Squadron CommandersFROM: CAPT Mailliard

STARDATE: 92202.8

RECONNAISSANCE REPORT - U.S.S. Relentless

3 Attachments

Captain Morton,

Relentless has been conducting periodic low-key sweeps of the corridor and so far we have found nothing out of the ordinary. We have checked in with a few curious freighter Captains including the Boslic freighter Naronik this morning who informed us that twenty seven minutes prior to our meeting they picked up a vessel on long-range sensors on an intercept course. When this unknown vessel arrived within what is believed to be sensor range of being able to detect Relentless as well they reversed course. Their transponder showed a Tallarian freighter, however the Boslics were not close enough to be able to confirm that identity. As you will see from the attached,this incident took place very close to previously recorded encounters currently being investigated by the squadron. Also attached is the relevant sensor logs from Relentless, from the Naronik and a brief background check I conducted on Naronik and its Captain. From what Starfleet knows of this ship and captain and from what I was able to discover from local trade authorities and law enforcement the ship and crew are reputable, so I think this report is equally so. We shall of course keep our sensors peeled for the Tallarian ship in question, if in fact it was Tallarian.

Regards,

Gabrielle

Captain Gabrielle Mailliard
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Relentless
38th Fleet - 2nd Squadron

'Bellum ac Pacem Inexorabilis'
2 Likes

TO: 2nd SquadronCC: FCAPT Perim; DS13 Command; CAPT DePoe;FROM: CAPT Morton

BH1Pd8X.pngCURRENT 2ND SQUADRON FLAGEdPZloj.png
CAPT COBY MORTONU.S.S. OCTOBER

U.S.S. ATLASCAPT DAEMEDUS WELHUPHU.S.S. OAKHAMCAPT ELI ALTAIS
U.S.S INNOVATIONCAPT T'LOTU.S.S. VANDERBILTCAPT JAHN MULLER

Captains,

It's come to my attention that a number of the vessels within the squadron have yet to submit to Deep Space 13's medical department inspections. While these inspections aren't currently listed as vital, I would like to make it a point to can get as many vessels as possible checked off from their list. For any vessels that have already undergone the procedure, please sign off below and I'll be personally keeping a running tally of the vessels and their inspection scores. 'October is currently already slated for an inspection suiting the medical departments time and my own schedule, so it shouldn't be too difficult for the rest of you to arrange time with one of the senior medical staff. For further information you're able to contact Commander Lindresko and Commander Keth should you see fit.

In somewhat unrelated news, please be advised that ships should standby to receive further orders within the next few weeks.

VESSELMARKED
ATLAS
DAMOCLES
FORMIDABLE
INDOMITABLE
INNOVATION100

VESSELMARKED
OAKHAM
RELENTLESS
TREPTOW
TROI
VANDERBILT