TO: Aries Squadron Command, SBJ: Request for investigation

TO: Aries Squadron Command
FROM: Captain Andrej A. Timoreev, Commanding Officer of the USS Ananke
SUBJECT: Request for investigative patrol
STARDATE: 92432.6

Greetings,
In stardate 92423.4, this vessel was operating a brief patrol in the space area neighbouring Deep Spare Thirteen, as a short-term test of the energy efficiency of the unit. During the patrol, our sensors detected an unidentified energy source, coming from an asteroid belt located in the outskirts of the L-685 star system, at approximately 2.5 light years from the Donatu star system.
I ordered a full sensor analysis of the area, although lack of time didn't allow us to proceed with a direct reconnaissance of the site. Preliminary results indicate the possibility that the energy source could come from an unknown vessel (or structure), or, alternatively, that it could be the result of an unknown (or still unidentified) form of interaction between the minerals located in the belt. A full report and all results are attached with this request.
I hereby request to the Command to assign the Ananke to a direct investigative patrol in the L-685 system, in order to better understand the phenomenon. I expect the mission to be carried out in two days maximum, thus the vessel would be readily available for other assignments.
Cordially

Captain Andrej Alexandrovich Timoreev
Commanding Officer
USS Ananke, Aries Squadron
2 Likes
HOJcTho.png
BH1Pd8X.pngTO: Captain Andrej A. Timoreev;
CC: VADM Rilem; FCAPT Perim; Squadron Commanders;
BCC: Aries Squadron Vessel Commanding Officers;
STARDATE: 92432.6
SUBJECT: RE: Request for investigative patrol
RTexHga.png

Captain Timoreev,

Thank you for the report. The October recently registered some unintelligible readings while travelling at warp 4 through the Donatu sector, so I'll attach those to this message and see if they're any form of a match to anything you encounter out there, as per your requesting, I'm sending the Ananke on a patrol route navigating the L-685 system. With the nature of the unknown energy source I doubt I have to explain the need for caution, especially without an extensive reconnaissance. I want to wish you luck with your investigation and hope you don't find anything too exciting out there, especially with Ananke recently passing inspection! If there's anything you further require in terms of assistance, the squadron is standing by.

I'd like to add there's no hard-deadline currently being administered to your patrol, so please take all the time you believe necessary to study the phenomenon. I'm currently preparing the squadron assignment update for this rotation, and as such please expect an update to your standing orders by the beginning of next week.

Continue to report any further findings during your investigation, Captain.

Captain Coby Morton
Commanding Officer; Squadron Lead
U.S.S. October; Aries Squadron

FWD: CMDR. EVERHART; DEEP SPACE THIRTEEN SCIENCE DEPARTMENT;

FIOaMKs.png
VESSELCOMMANDING OFFICERVESSELCOMMANDING OFFICER
U.S.S. ANANKECAPT ANDREJ A. TIMOREEVU.S.S RELENTLESSCAPT GABRIELLE MAILLIARD
U.S.S. ATLASCAPT DAEMEDUS WELHUPHU.S.S. SAN JACINTOCAPT AARON PARSONS
U.S.S. ENDEAVOURCAPT SAMUEL A. BISHOPU.S.S TROICAPT KERO ELAN
U.S.S INNOVATIONCAPT T'LOTU.S.S VENETIOCAPT HESUIA ANDERSON
U.S.S PRAXISCAPT ZEL'DRITH QUEN'FHOZU.S.S. WARSPITECAPT THOMAS BERAULT

4 Likes