TO: CAPT Bishop | SUBJ: Transport request

BH1Pd8X.pngTO: CAPT S. Bishop, U.S.S. Endeavour
STARDATE: 93193.8
SUBJECT: Transport request of documentation about POI K-1599
nD58acb.png

Sam,
I hope not to bother you, but I would like to ask if it would be possible to transfer those documents I found during our mission on POI K-1599. I would like to personally proceed with a more careful analysis. Who knows how many answers they could provide us...and how many more questions they could arise! Luckily, the Ananke is equipped with the necessary means for their preservation and protection (and analysis).
I would greatly appreciate your help with this. In case you approve the transfer, we could arrange it as soon as possible, before the end of my crew leave on DS13.
Once again, I hope not to bother you with this request. By the way, it has been a pleasure to work with you down there...and yes, I still believe in the solidity of our hypothesis about the possible fate of that planet.
Best regards

//signed//

Captain Andrej A. Timoreev,
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Ananke - 38th Fleet Libra Squadron
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93196.0

zpglS1t.png
TO CAPT A. A. Timoreev, U.S.S. Ananke
CC --
FROM CAPT S. A. Bishop, U.S.S. Endeavour

SUBJ RE: Transport request of documentation about POI K-1599
nD58acb.png

Timo,

It is of no bother to me; I will bring the relevant documentation when I next come aboard the Ananke. This matter is highly intriguing and I would love to ponder over the documentation with you. In the meantime, I have spent some time analysing the ruins with some of the imagery the Endeavour took. Whilst it is not at all clear, I believe to have found some clues as to what could have possibly happened on the surface after the explosion; please find that attached although I must warn you, it makes for some morbid reading.

Unfortunately, it completely slipped my mind to take bio-samples from the deceased bodies. This could have greatly helped us.

Warmest Regards,

//SIGNED//

Captain Samuel Alexander Bishop,
Commanding Officer - USS Endeavour,
38th Fleet, Libra Squadron

//ATTACHMENTS//
Bishop, S.A. (2416) Archaeological analysis of surface ruins at location alpha on the fourth planet at POI K 1599 (yet to be published)
1 Like
STARDATE: 93199.4
nD58acb.png

Don't worry about the samples, Sam, it wasn't your fault. We had our hands plenty with thinking about radiation exposure and trying to figure out what happened. It is understandable that none of us thought about collecting them.
By the way, feel free to come on board whenever you wish. I've already talked with my chief science officer, Cmdr Iria, and she has prepared a laboratory for the conservation and analysis of that material. Also, I would really like to know more about your hypothesis and findings. I found the reading you sent me intriguing. We absolutely need to discuss this...maybe in front of a glass?
I hope to see you soon.
Best regards

//signed//

Commanding Officer
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93201.0

zpglS1t.png
CC --

nD58acb.png

Timo,

We should definitely discuss it over a glass - well - perhaps two or three!

I was wondering, just personally as a captain to captain - friend to friend sort of way; do you ever have moments when you just feel too old? Like, the weight of command is just too stressful? Ever since the incident I've been making stupid mistakes, slipping up here and there and sometimes, these mistakes can cost lives - my mistake when exploring POI K 1597 almost cost the lives of both CPO Thyzee and Sublieutenant Shiarrael t'Lhoell and it directly led to the escape of the two smugglers. The last mission, I failed to notice basic things such as bio scans on the dead life forms and instead of looking for a console that could have contained information, I went to a bloody menu console. I should have known from the fact we were in food area that there would be no consoles containing the information we needed. A sharper commanding officer would have looked at the dead bodies for evidence of a PADD or some sort of device that would possibly contain personal logs. Furthermore, I kept us on the ground for too long and risked radiation exposure for three high-ranking captains of the fleet; our suits had do be destroyed because of the amount of radiation they were exposed too!

I don't know Timo, sometimes, I feel like I know very little of command and sometimes it feels like I've been given command of the Endeavour just because of my name.

Apologies for my musings, see you soon?

With the warmest Regards,

//SIGNED//

PS: I feel like there is more to this situation than meets the eye. Perhaps you would like to accompany me to survey the planet further, perhaps be out there for a week or so, patrolling and studying the area?
3 Likes
STARDATE: 93201.7
nD58acb.png

I cannot say if I ever felt too old for command...but, to tell the truth, I felt sometimes that it wasn't the right place for me. I can understand your thoughts, then. Maybe, but this is just my personal opinion, these thoughts are strictly related to command itself.
After what happened to the Ananke months ago, when we were trapped into....well, whatever it was, I began to wonder if I was doing the right thing. I left many things behind, very important things, when I decided to join Starfleet. But, despite my thoughts, at the end I still believe this is, indeed, the right place. Of course I cannot answer for you as well, but I can give you an advice: don't give up easily to your thoughts. They are there to help you think, to better yourself, not to let you give up with something so important as Starfleet and the command of the Endeavour.
And, about those incidents you mentioned me, well, these are the risks every commanding officer has to face: we have to make the right call at the right time, and this is never easy. Our judgement call could cost or save lives, maybe both. So, I cannot see those incidents as true failures.
But, as I said, this is just my opinion. I look forward for when we could talk face by face.
Best regards

//signed//

Commanding Officer
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93201.7

zpglS1t.png
CC --

nD58acb.png

Timo,

Let's discuss this at length later. If you are up for the week long mission back to POI K 1599, let me know and I'll message Captain Lazard with a request to allow both of us to go back there.

Regards,

//SIGNED//

1 Like
STARDATE: 93204.5
nD58acb.png

Of course I'd gladly join you and Captain Lazard. I'll start working on that material as soon as possible, so we'll be more prepared to handle with this new expedition.
Best regards

//signed//

Commanding Officer
1 Like