Stardate 94189
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO CAPT A. Timoreev, USS Attar
CC -
FROM CAPT L. Omar; USS Lexington

SUBJ Concerning the Actions of ENS Lara Aruyo
nD58acb.png

Captain,

I understand that you were present on the mission to attempt contact with this mysterious Scryer information network, and acted as the ranking officer of the away team. According to Captain Se'Lai's report, Ensign Lara Aruyo of the U.S.S. Lexington participated in the mission, during which she fired a weapon at the pirate representative 'Winters' apparently without provocation. I have also received a complaint from the Intelligence officer in charge of preparing the operation alleging that Ensign Aruyo's actions were directly responsible for the failure of the mission's primary objective.

As a trusted senior officer of Starfleet who was on scene during the events described above, I was hoping you would be able to shed more light into Ensign Aruyo's actions. Even if you did not witness the weapon firing personally, your presence on the field makes you significantly more informed on the situation then I could ever be from going through logs and reports, and your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

//SIGNED//
Captain Leila Omar
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Lexington
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.pngTO: CAPT L. Omar, U.S.S. Lexington
STARDATE: 94191.3
SUBJECT: Re: Concerning the Actions of ENS Lara Aruyo
nD58acb.png

Captain Omar,

I'm glad you contacted me about this issue. I was going to submit my report about this matter soon, so your timing is perfect.
Indeed, I witnessed the events from a distance, since I was busy keeping an eye on our "friend", Ms. Seelix, but I was able to see the fight. Apparently, Ensign Laruyo indeed fired first against Winters. For what I know, it looks like Winters was also threatening the ensign, however, although this may be considered an extenuating circumstance, what happened is regrettable, to say the least, and totally against Starfleet regulations.
I'll leave this to your judgement, however should you wish to further inquiry about it you've my support and full cooperation.
Cordially

//signed//

Captain Andrej A. Timoreev,
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Attar
Commanding Officer, Libra Squadron, 38th Fleet
4 Likes