TO: CAPTs Sel, Z; Draz, S. FROM: CMDR Wallunga, T.

BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO CAPT Sel, Z; CAPT Draz, S.
FROM CMDR Wallunga, T.
SUBJ Shall We Cooperate?
Captains,

Given recent events and the effects suffered by our ships, might I propose that we pool our collective resources in findng out more about the verteron mines that disabled us? I think that if we can come up with a full, comprehensive report for the command, we might be able to produce new tactics and/or equipment to prevent such things from hurting the Fleet's ships in the future.

I have tasked my Science Officer, LT Erin Ivey ((NPC)), with dissecting and studying the mine casing that is still on my ship's hull. Additionally, an engineering team will be delegated to assist from an engineering standpoint. You can likely expect communications from them over the course of the next day or so.

I figure that with all our capabilities combined, producing an effecting understanding of this system and how to defeat it in the future should not be too hard to do.

So, shall we cooperate?

//SIGNED//
CMDR Tarm Wallunga
Captain, USS Wayfarer
//ATTACHMENT// -NONE-

PS: I left the classification as -Restricted- given the nature of the weapon system, how we discovered it and the Azedi in general. If you feel it prudent, we can relax that classification later, assuming we are still in compliance with appropriate regulations and laws.
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CMDR Wallunga, T.
CC CAPT Draz, S.; CMDR sh'Zarath
FROM CAPT Sel, Z.
SUBJ RE: Shall We Cooperate?

Good Evening Commander Wallunga,
That is an excellent idea. My XO, who I have copied, has proposed a similar effort and is already in the process of rallying resources together to investigate not only the limpet device, but possible improvements on the Teleraptor. I am including a preliminary internal memo she sent earlier today. Commander sh'Zarath is also uniquely qualified to lead this effort, having led similar efforts after the previous Azedi assault on Deep Space 13.

Our science teams have already their initial scans on the device; however, a deeper investigative effort is planned later this week once our resources can be pulled from repairs. I'll make sure you are copied when that work will begin.

Best Regards,
Captain Zaliel Sel
Commanding Officer, USS Brahe

//ATTACHMENT//
brahe_internal_message.msg
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CMDR Wallunga, T.
CC CAPT Sel, Z; CMDR T'Maal; CMDR Bullsae
FROM CAPT Draz, S.
SUBJ Re: Shall We Cooperate?

Commander,

Sounds good to me. I'd rather not have this happen again, to me or anyone else.

I've attached the relevant section of our sensor logs from the engagement, from arrival in system to departure under tow, as well as the preliminary reports on examination of the remains of the device and its effects on our systems. On my end, I'll loop in my XO and Science Officer, CMDR T'Maal [NPC] and my Chief Engineer, CMDR Bullsae [NPC]. I'll let you know if we come up with anything.

//SIGNED//
Captain Sanara Draz
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Saraswati

//ATTACHMENT// Preliminary Analysis of Verteron Pulse Emitter.rpt; Saraswati Sensor Data.pkg; Ship's Condition.rpt
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT Sel, Z; CAPT Draz, S.; CMDR sh'Zarath; CMDR T'Maal; CMDR Bullsae; LCDR Ses
CC CMDR Wallunga, T., CMDR Thorsten, A.
FROM LT Ivey, E.
SUBJ RE: Shall We Cooperate?
All,

On behalf of the Wayfarer and Commander Wallunga, I am responding to previous emails regarding this topic. CAPT Draz, thank you for your sensor files. I'll compare them to those of my ship and see what comes up regarding that.

I do have the mine's casing and some remaining debris that we suspect originated from the mine itself prior to its detonation. Perhaps if we combined our pieces we can start to see more of the picture? Since all three of our ships are under repair, finding suitable workspace for such an endeavor could be challenging, but I'm sure we can find a spot to stockpile our pieces. I'll bring the crazy glue.

Capt Zel*, the idea of using the tractor beam array as a Teleraptor delivery system sounds like an amazing idea! I'll see what I and the rest of Wayfarer's science team can think up, see if we can't help resolve that problem as well.

I am definitely looking forward to working on this!

//SIGNED//
LT Ivey, Erin
Chief Science Officer, Wayfarer
//ATTACHMENT// -NONE-

((* - LT Ivey sometimes get the S and Z key confused because she's thinking too fast... ))
1 Like