TO: Kael FROM: An Old Friend

TO: Kael Eial
SUBJECT: Catching Up

Jolan'tru again old friend. How have you been?

I know we haven't spoken much ever since you became a traitor to your own people, and I left the Empire to help my homeworld secede, but I was hoping we could put that behind us. I do still consider you a friend, and I am staying true to my word about protecting your son. Which is why I'm writing you this message.

There's no way to put this lightly, your son is in danger. Despite leaving the Tal Shiar, I've been able to keep an eye on him. It's amazing what you can do with a couple well placed spies, some false promises, and a few trade agreements. Anyways, I have been informed that your son has recently done something unfavorable to the Tal Shiar, the specifics of which I'm unaware of.

I could help him, but I'm afraid after stepping down from my position I have lost a considerable amount of power. All I can do at this point is give you information, and assist in whatever way I can. Speaking of assisting, I could use your assistance. In fact, I believe I have a problem which would help all of us. Even your treacherous friends in Starfleet.

Among the information I received was plans for something that's being built in Gasko. I can't give specifics about it, but I can tell you that it would be bad news for the Federation, Republic, and even Terix II, which I still have loyalties to. We can't let our mutual enemy gain the upper hand, now can we? Perhaps while you go to save your son, you could look into what they're building there.

Bedah,

T'maekh ir-Terix Tal'Aura
3 Likes
RiDPFqm.pngSUBJ: Priority Message: Intercepted Transmission
TO: CAPT Lazard, Martin
CC:

Captain Lazard,

I recently intercepted an incoming communication which flagged up on my system since it used an old Tal Shiar encryption. Unfortunately the datastream degraded before I was able to complete my decryption (a typical Tal Shiar failsafe) which means that nothing more can be recovered from it. Please see my findings below for your information:

Spoiler: Show
TO: Kael Eial
SUBJECT: Catching Up

Jolan'tru again old friend. Dem4GnehaqT+voCxtH14ZI7Yzh1j5fYQiO2Ty4nVDrE64Ew==

31FqYsHmT28HmPVVduFJJEsTpmawCIIWtjT6373QlADgWnpoXWc0oM4qGtI3o5Q74E7s9nkRDGgyxWKx2oEFCA== traitor d7X8iGNwitoxm9NxuUucDpnLo4K1ZJCSHINYuKOOxxw= own people, and I left the Empire to DSnboXQXUaygHNgMyvQDy2FhpJyDBK0sTuVwdca8XoI= secede, but I was hoping we could put that behind us. I do still consider you a friend, qZJY3GD57BO0QB0zirUQJgx4mZdd/pbclrSh8/fadJo= about 6ePfvDa91YK5A917gGSjl/f0ggkgwD/bef4Ygj/wImg= your son. yjNKxrUVnOFT7egUuhEyAadNibLyrdmUe7YxUsbU52U=

There's no way to put this lightly, fl3fG9EFbInCk7/t7jssizTbMiV0RQkVNuIEdih+eMg= danger. vhxNDx3TeAgRuLDbvE91GY1/JB1HvVUybFdj8a/UpZE= the Tal Shiar, I've been able to keep an eye on him. It's amazing what you can do with a couple well placed spies, some false promises, and a few trade agreements. Anyways, I have been informed yjNKxrUVnOFT7egUuhEyAadNibLyrdmUe7YxUsbU52U=done something unfavorable kOCp73XWxWPyQvoaCkUBeVY160p6glHK/RoaYKsSASS1LRqZYuu8dgcRI9WKmROqxSYvi6hpdcsWtzoFQWo9XQ== I'm unaware of.

I could SaMMdoSEDrX9Un9D1mApvYKpowY95w24JDqwV6KLu3E= him, but I'm afraid after 0xDhI8cqw1B5xIE5oyDmWfGtIxCZKkGAl23bCkHBb1iw2dRhzv/vpgu7yZrvY3LxFteE7RMFG+GvJpIaqkh6/Qy/Liqg7yY7q9QLtiInkAv8Je/Nlv37Di9RIUkI8wt4. All I can do at this point is give you Ga9dibDwvO/VFZ37ZvkB4lrGlAk2Kg5hiNUq93H2oyA=, 1/DEnyc+zHQvTiR9iJ7RSPfNaJJvOnCQvWxAtEL4KJo=. Speaking of assisting, I could use your assistance. Lae1Nt2VMVzgptFTXBaUE60e6BG+aE+rxPfTkw2Udp0= a problem which would help all of us. 5olhGeScyIWQmc3NnfBEyErj1QBUtSNMTbD3wfHrkOc= treacherous friends in Starfleet.

yjNKxrUVnOFT7egUuhEyAadNibLyrdmUe7YxUsbU52U= information I received was wCZeF+g4+5mVCrax8kNJiCVPDSGZIuuBS56aP6hinGc= being built in Gasko. I can't give specifics about it, Us+pzAUANkf8wmiA+MbDiRdpNoUBM7A57S7wTtoG8jYjVX2C4Z4mLEtjiEKiRxMtPoKsagf8B5XT5XP9w+Ev6MSYmugwULc/nJ9o6fLamnFD6OXzntgKFGXF+c2Sq8ntCNUN6AwQWv5J0iTg9AuVLJXq8Vte2WEzuMgNDBiTLoA= I still have loyalties too. We can't let our mutual enemy EeU7nVr1h5bddFd2couDB1b7k5PkBYwO+k93pCzGq1w=, now can we? DcD0BW1gOaRUYETb6vjizUPZJYLAi6lhp2Lrj53gaRmz91gglp39PYV+shFassj7OA+9UV6vKNrPNdcBCR392g== look into what they're building there.

Bedah,

RaDCMgWIAdhtvWBtuMrFtL53icFgBnr15V7CPQY4omE=

//SIGNED//
mischasig_copy_by_legacycloud-dah4xxm.png

LtCdr. Mischa Leveson-Scott .II
2 Likes
[Any further attempts to recover the message would fail due to the datastream degradation. The message is deleted on the destination terminal in Kael's quarters and formatted.]
RiDPFqm.pngSUBJ: RE: Priority Message: Intercepted TransmissionTO: LCDR Leveson-Scott, Mischa
CC:

LCDR Leveson-Scott;

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Just another thorn in our side, however I would not rush to judge the transmission without proper context. See what sort of breadcrumbs you may find and report back when there is more to know.

Be safe and be well.

//SIGNED//
Martin Acacius Lazard
3 Likes