TO: Konie/Quint | SUBJ: Penthara IV

BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidentia

TO RADM Koniezco, D.; RDML Quint, E.
CC LT Valore, S.
FROM CAPT Sel, Z.
SUBJ Penthara IV Incident

Good Morning Admirals.
This letter is to inform you that during leave on Penthara IV, Lieutenant Valore and I were involved in altercation in East Garston. We were briefly detained by Starfleet Security. No charges were brought against either of us and we were released at the site of the incident. No injuries were sustained.

I accept responsibility for Lieutenant Valore’s presence on Penthara IV.

If your Admiralship require them, official statements can be obtained by contacting Commander Itsuki, Penthara IV, New Seattle settlement.

Respectfully,
Captain Zaliel Sel
Commanding Officer, USS Brahe
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO CAPT. Sel, Z.
CC 38th/Command
FROM RADM. Konieczko, D.

SUBJ RE: Penthara IV Incident
AKas0II.png

Captain Sel,

You are currently barred from disembarking deepspace 13 until Command concludes an investigation into this matter.

Captain Ailes,

Please ensure your transporter chief is aware of this until they are given the all clear from command.

Rear Admiral Quint,

Please note the report Lieutenant Cullum will be bringing by your office shortly.

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral, Upper Half Dmitri Konieczko
Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO RADm Konieczko, D.
CC RDML Quint, E.;
FROM CAPT Ailes, B.
4OB3P0J.png

Understood, Admiral. I will convey immediate orders to my transporter staff.

//SIGNED//
Captain Beylara Ailes
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13

((OOC: Since we don't have an IC transporter team at all, this communication will be assumed off-screen.))
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO RADM Koniezco, D.
CC 38/Command
FROM CAPT Sel, Z.

Good Morning Admiral Konieczko,
To clarify sir, should I consider myself under arrest pending charges upon arrival?

Respectfully,
Captain Zaliel Sel
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT. Sel, Z.
CC 38th/Command
FROM RADM. Konieczko, D.

SUBJ RE: RE: Penthara IV Incident
AKas0II.png

Captain Sel,

You are at this time under investigation by 38th Command.

At this time you are recalled from your leave set to expire Stardate 96395.4 and ordered to report for duty. Failure to report will result in you being considered AWOL and subject to those associated legal ramifications.

Once you have reported to Deep Space 13 for duty you are restricted from leaving until the conclusion of Command's investigation into this matter.

//SIGNED//
Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO RADM Koniezco, D.
CC 38/Command
FROM CAPT Sel, Z.

My shuttle has landed at Deep Space 13. This is my first of such investigations in my nineteen year career; I would be grateful for some assistance navigating this process, such as where I am to report for duty and if I should arrange quarters or legal counsel.

Respectfully,
Captain Zaliel Sel
2 Likes
GCLLz1e.png
Stardate 96385.9
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO RADM D. Konieczko
CC
FROM CAPT Iwo V.
SUBJ PPPI / Wallace Communications Investigation - URGENT
Dear Admiral,

You'll forgive the curtness of this letter, as I've just had to spend 22 of the last 24 hours in crisis mode thanks to the incident on Stardate 96383.3. I am Captain Iwo Voruth, head of Starfleet Security for Dubhe Sector. In the interests of saving time, I figure it's best to cut out the middle-men and talk with the man at the top. So, with all due respect, Admiral, what in the name of the Prophets were you thinking, sending two operatives into my jurisdiction without informing me ahead of time?!

We've been coordinating with Pentharan Planetary Security, with searches and seizure of evidence at Wallace Communication headquarters, the Latinum Fox restaurant, and PPPI party headquarters in East Gorston. From the reports of my subordinates, we've only seen the tip of the iceberg your officers exposed. Arrests currently stand at 35, and are expected to climb even more as we keep digging.

Your officers just took a case that we've been stalled on for two months and cracked it wide open in less than a day. How did you know?! And why didn't you tell us before?

I respectfully request that you release any and all information your people have on Wallace's organization. If we move fast, we might get them all before they have a chance to regroup.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Iwo Voruth,
Chief of Starfleet Security, Starbase 214, Dubhe Sector

--
OOC: Keeping this in this thread for neatness' sake. Also: had to use the Starfleet Intelligence patch as a Starfleet Security patch doesn't seem to exist. >.>
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 3 - Restricted

TO CAPT Iwo V.
CC --
FROM RADM. Konieczko, D.

SUBJ RE: PPPI / Wallace Communications Investigation - URGENT
AKas0II.png

Captain,

I sincerely regret to inform you that there is no ongoing investigation across the quadrant here on our side and as such no information to provide you.

//SIGNED//
Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT. Sel, Z.
CC 38th/Command
FROM RADM. Konieczko, D.

SUBJ RE: RE: Penthara IV Incident
AKas0II.png

Captain Sel,

You are not recalled to duty, but for duty. Of which, you are not assigned at this time. Before you ask, yes. You are in intentional administrative limbo. You find yourself in the place between off-duty leave and on-duty Starfleet operations, because you seemingly need the reminder this is not the time to conduct operations.

This is not yet a criminal investigation at this time and as such you do not need legal counsel. Quarters may be arranged on Deep Space 13.

//SIGNED//
Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO RADM Koniezco, D.
CC 38/Command
FROM CAPT Sel, Z.

Thank you for clarifying the situation.

This letter serves as a request for a summation of the reason I have been placed on Administrative Leave, including a list of any criminal or civil allegations.

Respectfully,
Captain Zaliel Sel
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO LCDR. Sedai, K.
CC CAPT. Sel, Z.
FROM LT. Cullum, J.

SUBJ Mandated Mental Health Assessment - Sel, Zaliel
AKas0II.png

Commander,

I write you on behalf of Rear Admiral Konieczko. He is requesting a Mandated Mental Health / Command Fitness Assessment of Captain Zaliel Sel before an expected return to duty date of 96395.4

I have CC'd Captain Sel to this message.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Jonathan Cullum
Administrative Yeoman
38th Fleet 'Argo'
1 Like
TO LT Cullum
CC CAPT Sel
FROM LCDR Sedai
SUBJ Re: Mandated Mental Health Assessment - Sel, Zaliel

Good evening, Lieutenant.

Understood. I will work with Captain Sel to schedule this promptly.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling
1 Like
TO LT Cullum
CC LCDR Sedai
FROM CAPT Sel

Good Evening Lieutenant,

Please inform the Admiral that this has been arranged.

Best Regards,
Captain Zaliel Sel
1 Like
BH1Pd8X.png

TO RADM Konieczko
FROM LCDR Sedai

Good morning, Admiral.

Please see attached my assessment of Captain Sel. I remain available if you have any questions.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling

Spoiler: OPEN ATTACHMENTShow

EVALUATOR'S NAME: Sedai, Katriel E.
AUTHORITY: Head of Counseling, Deep Space 13

SUBJECT'S NAME: Sel, Zaliel
INTERVIEW STARDATE: ((24 May 2020))

PURPOSE AND CONTEXT OF EVALUATION

Psychological Fitness Evaluation.

CONCLUSION

Authority finds subject to be of sound mental health and fit for active duty.

DISCUSSION

At the start of interview, subject was largely guarded and fairly tense, which authority observed to be extremely at odds with the more comfortable and bright countenance that subject usually displays. She gave curt, unhelpful responses and gave the authority the distinct impression that she considered any potential additional explanations she gave to be a waste of her time and perhaps only serving to fuel the building of a case against her.

Authority took a few moments to clarify the purpose of the interview and the protocol surrounding the information shared in it, after which the subject appeared to relax a great deal and became significantly more cooperative. She gave a straightforward accounting of her version of events, which factually matched the accounting provided by the inciting incident report. Furthermore, the subject provided clarifications on her perception of events as they progressed. These explanations were non-defensive and sincere, accompanied by reasoned explanations for her decisions at various junctures.

Authority’s assessment is that the subject's behavior leading up to the incident in question was arguably a mismanagement of interpersonal interactions, but her given rationale was ultimately consistent with her actions. When asked about whether she would choose to do things differently given the opportunity, subject was thoughtful, but decisive in her response in which she confirmed that she would choose alternative actions. Subject evidenced significant remorse in the consequences of her misjudgement and likewise evidenced a desire to rectify the situation if given the opportunity.

LENGTH OF INTERVIEW: 2 hrs
END OF EVALUATION.
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png

TO CAPT. Sel, Z.
CC 38th/Command
FROM RADM. Konieczko, D.

AKas0II.png

Captain Sel,

You are at this time deemed fit to return to duty aboard the U.S.S. Brahe.

//SIGNED//
Commanding Officer
38th Fleet 'Argo'
2 Likes