TO: LT CMDR Lendaria | SUBJ: Unacceptable Conduct

zrh9bND.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO: LCDR Lendaria
CC: CMDR Kermit
SUBJ: Unacceptable Conduct
4OB3P0J.png

Lieutenant Commander,

While you have been working on the Newfrika expedition, you violated not only my direct orders, but also the very chain of command. I am shocked and appalled by your conduct in this matter.

As per my standing orders, Deep Space 13 is not to provide support to ongoing long term Geological, Archaeological or Xenological studies. These orders have been available to you since the 16th of March, your violation of them occurred on the 12th of April.

When you sent these samples to Deep Space 13, you failed to report in to your superior officer and set about assigning work to a member of the science team, in what can only be described as a clandestine way, encouraging your fellow officers to also disobey my direct, standing orders. See to it, that upon your return, your involvement with this project has ended.

I do not find it amusing that when I ordered you to review your workload, you sent what I can now see was a fake auto response message, as you clearly still have communication access. I am extremely disappointed in your childish and immature actions, that are placing your posting on Deep Space 13 in jeopardy.

I would also like to take this opportunity to address your role. Under the reorganisation of Captain Caspius, no department has any assistant chiefs or section chiefs. I don't care whether you agree or disagree with this reorganisation, those are our orders, and I expect you to carry them out as any other Starfleet officer would. Clearly this may present an issue to you, therefore I have copied in Commander Kermit who will take this forward as it needs to be done.

I have tried with you and clearly my sole involvement is not working on you, I only hope the Commander can resolve this before you lose your rank, or career.

//SIGNED//
Commander Tellara sh'Zarath
Chief Science Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
1 Like
4OB3P0J.png
Stardate 95322.2
Security Level 1 - Open

TO <Sender>
CC
FROM LCDR Lendaria

SUBJ Re; <Automated Response>
zrh9bND.png

Dearest Colleague,

My sincerest apologies for not being able to respond to your query in person, however as of today (10th Mar) I am away from the labs on an expedition and will not be returning until //Error: Stardate not specified//. I will naturally endeavour to address your query upon this return, however should you require more imminent assistance then please redirect your query to CMDR Tellara sh'Zarath. Otherwise if your query is not directly associated with E&X, please forward it for my attention c/o USS Attar.

Kindly,

//SIGNED//

lenniesig_copy_by_legacycloud-dategrl.png
Lieutenant Commander Lendaria
Exobiology & Xenolinguistics lead | DS13 Applied Sciences

//This is an automated system out of office reply. Please do not respond respond to this message//

8 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Timoreev
CC CMDR sh'Zarath
FROM CMDR Kermit

SUBJ Commander Lendaria
4OB3P0J.png

Captain,

I hope this message finds you and your crew well. I've attached a communication addressed and encoded for Lieutenant Commander Lendaria, currently assigned to your vessel for the Newfrika expedition. Evidently there's been some trouble with her comm forwarding. I'd appreciate it if you could ensure that the message is delivered to the Lieutenant Commander as soon as possible. Thank you for your assistance.

//SIGNED//
Commander James Kermit
Executive Officer, DS13

//ATTACHMENT// (Above Message)
8 Likes
4OB3P0J.png
Stardate 95323.6
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR Kermit
CC CMDR sh'Zarath, CAPT Timoreev
FROM LCDR Lendaria

SUBJ Re; Commander Lendaria
zrh9bND.png

Commander Kermit,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I am glad that someone at least is able to read and comprehend forwarding instructions. As to the nature of the message that was forwarded, I almost wish you hadn't allowed me to see this. Because never in my career as a Starfleet officer have I witnessed such an underhanded and passive-aggressive attempt to discredit a fellow officer in the eyes of Command. I do not know what has drawn the Commander to take such action as we have never even met, so can only express to you and Captain Timoreev my apologies for whatever has driven such a move and forced you both to expend time and resources better reserved for the execution of your duties. As to the items raised by the Commander in a manner which I struggle to define as anything short of a sloppy and transparent attempt at constructive dismissal;

1. The standing orders I am accused of breaching were issued 6 days after I disembarked the station for this expedition, as demonstrated by the commencement date on my out of office reply I setup. The specified breach is stated as occurring more than a month later which quite frankly begs belief given the - by that time - well established point that I was out of direct contact (as I find it completely incomprehensible that even someone with such ineptitude as the Commander seems to wish to be seen here could go over a month without any awareness of whether their staff were there or not).

2. Further to this, I am accused of 'failing to report in to my superior officer' when the project samples were returned to the station. Since I was at no time in direct contact with any personnel outside of the expedition team and the USS Kassandra who collected the samples, I fail to see on what grounds this comment is made besides further attempt to outright insult a fellow officer. The accusation of 'a clandestine way' is completely unfounded even I had acted as accused, and is quite honestly a very personal insult on my character and integrity as a Starfleet Officer. These samples were returned to the Geology lab under the Commanders own previous order where ENS Sorik was instructed to report to me under the belief that - from my initial project summaries provided to the Commander upon the commencement of her tenure in the role - I had knowledge of ongoing projects which would require the Ensign's input. Now, as you can see in the attached correspondence chain; I advised the ensign of the planned expedition and encouraged him to liaise with the Commander regarding the feasibility of granting his desire to join me on it, falling back on a less optimal alternative of sending samples back to him for lab analysis. Now I saw the Ensign's request go to the Commander, but was not party to the response which I can only assume was presented through an independent line of communication. But since the Ensign did not report back to me for assignment to the expedition, I had to assume that his request was denied and so made preparations to return the samples for him as agreed. As you can see from this, the accusation made of me not only violating a direct order but also encouraging fellow officers to do so is completely contradictory of the Commanders own instructions as I last saw them.

3. This talk of 'childish and immature action' with reference to an obscure delusion of fake messages and presumed continued access is only further testament to the personal and completely unwarranted attack on me as an individual. To couple it with a direct threat to my position within the department is in itself grounds to raise disciplinary action against the Commander as this is completely unjustified. The only communication I have had with anyone outside the aforementioned expedition team and support visits has been the PADD instructions forwarded with the samples. As you can see from this attachment, upon receipt of the samples and accompanying PADD, Ensign Sorik contacted me via the USS Attar (per the forwarding instructions in my out of office reply) to which I was subsequently able to respond.

4. As for the Commanders closing comment regarding the structure of the department and the lack of assistant or section chiefs, I am quite frankly at a loss as to what she refers as - to my knowledge at least - we have never conversed on such a topic as Chief or Assistant roles - or any roles or reallocation of resources whatsoever, and given that we have never met as previously stated, counting said conversations is not a challenging task. There has in fact been no mention whatsoever of my association with any such role since my candidacy for the CSO position (As Commander Caspius will no doubt be able to verify upon request) where my initial application spoke tentatively of consideration for an assistant position where another more suitably experienced candidate from within the department may make a more favourable candidate for the lead role. I can only conclude - in the context of the rest of the Commanders communication - that this is an increasingly thinly stretched attempt to somehow discredit me as an officer. Though as stated, I am at a loss as to explain why I deserve any such attack.

As I am confident that you will see from this Sir, the revelation presented in the message you forwarded to me here is very distressing and disconcerting. In the space of a single message I have seen archaic bullying and discrimination that I honestly thought Starfleet was centuries beyond by now. I can not imagine such conduct being forgiven even in organizations not holding such high standards as Starfleet. When it comes to Starfleet standards themselves; I would be appalled at the behaviour exhibited here by Commander sh'Zarath if I witnessed it from a first year cadet. Let alone a senior officer, and least of all not an officer in a Chief position.

At worst, this is as it reads in being a very personal attack that in itself should be considered cause for disciplinary action against the Commander, if not removal from her position. At best, it is a demonstration of complete and utter ineptitude and a failure at even the most basic concepts of leadership and communication which again, should be a clear prompt for the necessity of her removal. Neither scenario presents a particularly enticing working environment for me to return to upon conclusion of the expedition.

Whatever the case may be, I am confident that it will be explained thoroughly and sincerely in the formal apology which I expect to see from the Commander where I am expunged of all the baseless accusations laid at my feet. As for my returning to the department, I see no outcome which can present a positive working environment for me to return to under Commadner sh'Zarath's leadership, from all of this. Therefore I must regrettably inform you that if Commander sh'Zarath is still in her position as CSO upon completion of this expedition, then I will be resigning my post from the DS13 team and taking up one of a number of offers already being discussed elsewhere in the fleet. It saddens me to even have to think about these things under such distressing circumstances, but frankly Sir if I wanted to spend the rest of my life as the subject of such behavior, I would have stayed in the Syndicate slave pens I was born to.

Kindly,

//SIGNED//

6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO LCDR Lendaria
CC --
FROM CMDR Kermit

SUBJ RE: Commander Lendaria
4OB3P0J.png

Hello Commander,

First, let me say that I appreciate your prompt and thorough response. I realize that things have been turbulent since the reopening of DS13. Adjusting to a new commander and to new subordinates are both difficult challenges. It's understandable that the lack of any sort of rapport can make things more difficult. I also understand that tone is easy to be misunderstood in text-only communications such as this. With that in mind, I'm going to clarify some things.

Regardless of any perceived insult, you will speak (or in this case, write) respectfully to and about your fellow officers, especially your superiors. Failing to do so will critically undermine any point or defense you're trying to make, regardless of whether it has merit or not.

At the end of your expedition, you will be returning to your assigned post aboard DS13. At that point you are welcome to request a transfer to another posting. Such a request will, like all others, be evaluated based on a number of factors including department staffing levels and reasons for transfer. "Replace my boss or I'll quit" is not an acceptable statement from a Starfleet Officer.

It's clear that the details of Commander sh'Zarath's complaint and your rebuttals will need to be discussed in more detail. When you return to DS13, you'll report to my office to sort it out. In the meantime, you will make certain that Commander sh'Zarath is informed of your progress and any assistance needed from the DS13 Science Department. Further communications are to be sent via standard subspace channels so that they may be logged properly with the station's computer.

I look forward to speaking with you upon your return.

//SIGNED//
Commander James Kermit
Executive Officer, DS13

BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR sh'Zarath
CC --
FROM CMDR Kermit

SUBJ RE: Commander Lendaria
4OB3P0J.png

Commander sh'Zarath,

Upon Lieutenant Commander Lendaria's return from the expedition, I want to see both of you in my office. Please see to it.

//SIGNED//
Commander James Kermit
Executive Officer, DS13
8 Likes
4OB3P0J.png
Stardate 95324.8
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CMDR Kermit
CC
FROM LCDR Lendaria

SUBJ Re; Commander Lendaria
zrh9bND.png

Commander,

Thank you for the portrayal of impartial understanding. I have no desire to be seen to lowering myself to the same perceived level as the apparent attack on myself that you first forwarded, it was my intent simply to present commentary and analysis based on observation of the presented evidence. I appreciate that many of us who lean naturally towards scientific study can be easily misconstrued as being overly harsh through such an approach, so please accept this as assurance that no such intent was present as to warrant your warnings (which are taken to heart nonetheless as they only reinforce the points I raised). To that end, I trust that similar words of warning have also been shared with the Commander, owing if nothing else to the sheer quantity of personal character insults directed towards me, prior to my analysis of them.

Given the severity of this situation, I will make arrangements to return ahead of the expedition conclusion so that this matter can be resolved per your request. As you are no doubt aware, we are but days away from attempting activation of the gateway and this is a critical time for the expedition. This also means that attending starships will already be en route to the system and present the most expedient means of return for me.

As to my comments regarding a refusal to accept continuation of the presently existing working environment, I again sincerely hope that such warning regarding conduct befitting a Starfleet Officer was shared with the Commander, as the catalyst for this whole problem (regardless of intent). This should again however, not be perceived as an emotionally driven 'threat to quit'; but rather a simple statement of fact that as a Starfleet Officer, neither I or anyone else should be expected to willingly subject themselves to the level of abuse portrayed in the opening communication. No action would ever be taken without following the proper channels (a fact that I can say I am personally hurt for even having to reiterate, though understand given the high tensions involved here), but the point stands that in seeing no viable means of continuing within said working environment, it would simply the only viable option for all concerned to move forward, presented as a final conclusion following my observational analysis of the presented evidence.

I sincerely look forward to meeting with you soon and putting this entire sordid affair to pass, once and for all.

Kindly,

//SIGNED//

OOC: I will be available and more than happy to timewarp this meeting ahead of the referred event time as I see nothing good coming from this being drawn out longer than it has already gone on. So please grab me the next time you are available in game so we can wrap this up.
7 Likes
zrh9bND.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO: CMDR Kermit
SUBJ: RE: Commander Lendaria
4OB3P0J.png

Aye, sir. I shall make myself available.

//SIGNED//
Commander Tellara sh'Zarath
Chief Science Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95325.7

TO CMDR Kermit
CC CMDR sh'Zarath ; LCDR Lendaria
FROM CAPT A. A. Timoreev, U.S.S. Attar
SUBJ Re: Commander Lendaria

Commander Kermit,

Sorry for my late reply to your message, but I was personally involved in some issues here on board that requested my full attention. As you already know, I provided for the message to be duly forwarded to LCDR Lendaria as per your request.
As I leave this matter into your hands, I just hope that a solution will be found to what I believe has been an unfortunate misunderstanding.
In any case, should you need anything, do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards

//signed//

Captain Andrej A. Timoreev,
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Attar
38th Fleet
7 Likes