vf copy copysmall.png

//Accessing channel...//
//Connection established...//

//Registering User Login...//
//Credentials authenticated...//

//Compiling Interface...//
//LCARS Loaded...//
comms.png

Welcome USER to the USS Valley Forge internal communications network. Listed below are your new messages.

Be advised that all communications sent on this channel will only circulate to recipients listed on board and for all outgoing messages, please use the subspace network instead.

New update in current interface version: appointment manager. The appointment manager will extrapolate requested meeting dates and reminders from your messages and add them to your personal calendar.

Spoiler: Compose new MessageShow
Copy
[table][tr][td] [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd][size=3]TO[/size][/color][/font] [font=Play]NAME[/font] [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd][size=3]CC[/size][/color][/font] [font=Play]NAME[/font] [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd][size=3]FROM[/size][/color][/font] [font=Play]NAME[/font] [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd][size=3]SUBJ[/size][/color][/font] [font=Play]SUBJECT[/font] [/td][/tr][/table] [justify]Body text[/justify] [color=#dd9323][font=Ubuntu Mono]//SIGNED//[/font][/color] RANK Name

OOC: This thread is intended to serve for any and all small messages between personnel on the Valley Forge and will also be used to publicize shipwide announcements. It is here as a tool for you to use, so do so as you see fit; just consider that any message warranting a response may be better suited in it's own thread as normal. This is best suited (and generally intended!) for brief one shot messages regarding RP prompts & social gatherings.

3 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ Shore Leave & Restock

Officers and residents of the Valley Forge; following a trying few months which has depleted our reserve stock of resources as much as it has our own stamina, I am sure you will all be pleased to learn that we are en route to dock at DS13 where we shall be remaining for a minimum period of 10 days while we restock our provisions - you are all invited to capitalize on this for some greatly deserved shore leave. All requests for extended leave during this period must still be requested via your respective department heads.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
3 Likes
TO CMDR Zh'Zhavis
CC
FROM Mia
SUBJ Visual Sensor Trial

Ms Zee we apologize for the time taken in preparing this for you, but must confess our own distractions of late. We are pleased however to say that we have successfully tested a new visor which - when linked - should allow our drone shell to directly share with you a feed from it's visual sensor arrays.

We do not have any classes to teach this week, so do let us know when is a convenient time and we shall endeavour to make ourselves available to you!

//SIGNED//
Mia
4 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ New CSO

Crew of the Valley Forge,

Please join me in welcoming Commander Vidzia on board as our newly appointed Chief Science Officer.

Those of you reporting to the Commander as your new department head will no doubt find the opportunity to welcome her and bring her up to speed with your ongoing assignments. I trust the rest of you to make the Commander feel as welcome here as you were made to feel upon arrival.

We wish her a long and illustrious tenure in this new posting.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
5 Likes
TO Mana-Arshai Dos Sndoi'Ihaie'Vaie Nos Indoi-Ihai; LCDR Keliaya
CC CAPT Se'Lai
FROM Mia
SUBJ It's Official!

Ms. Mana, Ms. Kelly; we have just received the most exciting news!

A subspace message just came in from the Federation confirming their recognition of us as a sentient lifeform and confirming our status as a Federation citizen subject to the same rights and laws as everyone else!

Further to this; they have stated that upon review of our most recent evolution to a more complete physical form, that we are not classified as a holographic lifeform, but instead warranted a new classification due to the unique nature of our existence. So we are officially now an "Isomorphic Amalgamation", or "Iso" for short!

Mon Capitaine; in light of this exciting news we would like a moment of your time when possible to review our present standing within your crew and discuss options for our future.

Our thanks again to all of you for the aid and support that has helped us reach this moment, we could not be happier!

//SIGNED//

Mia
4 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ Standing Orders

Officers and residents of the Valley Forge; effective 0600 ship time, the Valley Forge has been reassigned to the 38th Fleet's Aries Squadron, under Captain Desimone. Whilst I understand this will affect little more than letterheads for the majority of you; this is an amendment to the command structure which effects everyone on board, and that you should all be aware of.

Our mandate has not changed however, and our primary mission is still long-range exploration of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. So as we bid farewell Captain Timoreev and extend to him our well wishes and thanks for the time serving under his excellent leadership; I trust you will all join me in extending the same courtesies and respect to Captain Desimone as she takes up the mantle of our flag.

Further to this update; be advised that resupply efforts are 60% complete and we will be disembarking in 5 days time. Enjoy the rest of your shore leave.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
2 Likes
TO T'Pia Se'Lai
CC
FROM LCDR Keliaya
SUBJ Ship Talk

Hey,

I was talking to Captain Timoreev and some of the crew about some weird ship ideas, and that led me to mentioning it to a friend of mine in the ASDB. He actually managed to pull up the schematics of the test we were discussing and they were very interesting. It certainly sparked my curiosity, so I asked to see if they had some more unique designs stored away that they wouldn't mind sharing. Turns out there's a whole treasure trove of things I never even heard about!

Ship design wasn't something I studied much of so I'm not really an expert; I know the basics of course but I was always more focused on how to keep existing ships going rather than what elements are needed to draw up a new ship. You might want to catch Captain Timoreev if you want an in-depth analysis of the design, but I remembered that you wanted to get into the ASDB, so I thought you might appreciate a look at those. Let me know if you're interested and we can catch up soon!

//SIGNED//
LCDR Keliaya
4 Likes
TO CAPT Se'Lai
CC LCDR Eunbi
FROM LT Erik Thorkildsen
SUBJ Roster Concerns

Captain,

Looking at the Engineering Department roster for this week I noticed that Commander Keliaya has given herself way more shifts than the standard allotment for an officer. I know that heads of departments often have more work, and from my time working with Kelly I'm used to her taking extra work or being on rotations during other people's sleep cycles, because Denobulans don't rest as much. However, I've never seen her on so many shifts non-stop and even more unusual is that she's refusing to see me off-duty too, just saying that she's too busy. I know for a fact we don't have that much work at the moment, and she's not usually this occupied with her pet projects.

As her Assistant Chief it's my job to point these things out and be concerned about them. It could be nothing, but I just thought that you should know and maybe speak with her.

//SIGNED//
LT Erik Thorkildsen
4 Likes
TO <Senior Staff>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ Guess who's coming to dinner...

All, for your information; I have just received a communication from a representative of the Diplomatic Corps. - it would seem that our recent work with the Orions has not gone unnoticed, and now... we pay the price. Following completion of our current layover, we will be heading back to Sol where we are to collect this ambassador and deliver her to the OSN colony. You all know what this means; so polish the bulkheads and iron the tunics, because there will be ship tours a plenty during the Ambassador's extended stay on board.

Further to this - and I quote directly from the Ambassador's letter - "But please do not take this as a desire to indulge in any of Starfleet's usual pomp and circumstance surrounding such missions, I would honestly be quite content to simply sit and enjoy an occasional meal with you and your officers."

To be clear for any of you who are unfamiliar in dealings with people in the Ambassador's position; that is diplomat speak for 'I will begrudgingly accept a lesser arrangement, but if you want to carry my favour then I expect nothing but the best'. So the best is what she will receive! Prepare your departments accordingly, and we /will/ be hosting a formal reception to welcome the Ambassador on board - that means full dress, no excuses!

On a more serious note, this is of course a fine opportunity for us and a privilege to have been selected for it. I trust each and every one of you to do your part in showing off the Valley Forge to her fullest.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
4 Likes
TO Mana-Arshai Dos Sndoi'Ihaie'Vaie Nos Indoi-Ihai
CC ~
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ IGNORE SENDER - From Captain Bishop

Hi Mana,

As stated in the Subject Header, please ignore the sender, it's not from Keelah, it's from myself, Captain Samuel Bishop; I couldn't find you on external comms and Keelah refuses (or forgot - I can't remember which) to set a profile up for me so here we are.

Right, assuming that you got this far, I'm told you're an AI expert? In that case, is it possible to meet up with you at some point? I have a small project I've been working on and you may find it very interesting.

My contact details are as follows: SBISHOP/Endeavour.con

... that took me a long time to find because Keelah files my name under a very different heading...

Regards,

Captain Samuel Bishop

(disregard the signiture below, I have no idea how to turn it off or change it)

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
4 Likes
TO Commander Zh’Zhavis, Thalszhyl'ia
CC None
FROM Lt Alexandar, Seymour
SUBJ Medical Position

Commander,
I just was wondering if you could talk to the Captain about me filling in as the Chief Medical officer on a more permanent basis. I have been working closely with Doctor Kazra Meel and i am aware she will be leaving soon. I know the staff and the crew and i think the medical teams can benefit greatly from what i can offer them. If you would like to meet further to discuss the matter i would be more then happy to.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Alexandar, Seymour
4 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ New Arrival

Please join me in welcoming the newly promoted Ensign Ashley Terik as our new tactical officer.

Ensign Terik has accepted the position working under LCDR Vrolmacht as part of the bridge tactical rotation, and done so for her first full commission upon graduation - a posting that I am sure each and every one of us remembers as being a particularly special time within our respective careers. So I trust you all to provide the Ensign with a fitting welcome as she joins our esteemed crew, as we all look forward to what this next chapter in her career brings for us all.

We wish her a long and illustrious tenure in this new posting.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
6 Likes
TO T'Pia Bishop-Se'Lai
CC ~
FROM ENS Aruyo
SUBJ Invite!

Heya T'Pia!

Sorry I've not been around; I've been soooo busy but I'd love to catch up with you soon! But... I have to send you this invitation to my birthday party; I could not miss out my best friend now, could I? Keep the date in your diary; 17th July! Meet up with you soon?

SO MUCH LOVE!

Lara xxx

//SIGNED//
Ensign Lara Aruyo
USS Lexington (external account)
2 Likes
TO Miyata LaRouche
CC T'Pia Se'Lai
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ A Special Request

My dear Mia, I have need of your holographic talents; though this is purely a personal request and not to inhibit your daily duties of course. Captain Bishop and I have been progressing plans and have settled on a venue; however, due to logistical limitations we will not be able to use the actual place and so I was wondering if you might be able to aid us in recreating this cathedral as a holoprogram?

Spoiler: //Attached library reference: Cathedral, Lancaster//Show
lancaster_01-843x678.jpg

I thank you in advance for your efforts and eagerly anticipate seeing the results (though T'Pia insists on being the one to review things and that I see as little as possible before the actual ceremony...)

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
3 Likes
TO T'Pia Bishop-Se'Lai
CC ~
FROM ENS Aruyo
SUBJ Guess who flew this hunk of junk all by herself?

T'PIA!

OMG!!!!IHAVESOMUCHTOTELLYOU!

I did my first solo long distance shuttle flight from the Lex back here! I'M SO HAPPY! IT WAS SO TERRIFYING ESPECIALLY SINCE THE JOURNEY WAS SO LONG BUT I DID IT!

I can't wait to show you my wedding dress! I'm going to catch up with Berjo but I'll see you later?

Love you!

Lara xxx

//SIGNED//
Ensign Lara Aruyo
USS Lexington (external account)
3 Likes
TO CAPT Se'Lai
CC
FROM LCDR Keliaya
SUBJ USS Brisbane Followup

Hey Captain,

I wanted to wait until after your big day to send you this, since it's nothing urgent. The engineers at K-7 finished their inspection of the USS Brisbane a few days ago and forwarded me their report. I'm just sending it your way now so you can pass it further up the chain of command if you need. It's also pretty interesting reading material, from a ship engineer's standpoint at least, so I think you might enjoy it!

The attached data contains all the specs of the Brisbane. There's nothing more I need to detail that isn't there already, except a confirmation that there was no traps or any kind of trick with the ship at all (but you already know that since this is an engineering report and not an AAR).

I do have some thoughts on their interpretation of the modifications. If I were them, I would've come to the same conclusions as well, since they weren't on the mission and most people who know about the Colonial Fleet know them by their raiding fleet. As someone who was present on the bridge though, I distinctly recall the Branded Lady saying something about not wanting to attract attention with Starfleet technology and keeping the ship for defensive purposes.

This doesn't align with the idea that the ship was used for pirate raids, but I think the modifications can be interpreted in another way. Mine launchers don't equate to setting traps, minefields are probably used more often to defend an important area than to conduct ambushes. Tractor beams can be handy for stopping boarding or landing shuttles or just preventing enemy ships from advancing on a certain location. The transporter systems and large shuttlebays could be for evacuations just as well as cargo. Akiras are known for their massive evac capacities after all.

Anyways, that's my take on the data. The Brisbane might not be as tough as other modern Akiras, but if she was meant for defense that does give another option Starfleet can use her for, aside from decommissioning or the training vessel idea you had. She's no Defiant, but with a little investment, the Brisbane will be better protection than what most starbases or colonies have.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Keliaya

//ATTACHMENT//

4Rmj3Eo.jpgKQ25xGP.png

U.S.S. Brisbane
Akira Class Heavy Cruiser

Starfleet Registry
NCC 73624

wAZBK3M.png

Spoiler: TECHNICAL DATAShow
GENERAL INFORMATION
CLASSAkira [Heavily Modified]
DESIGNATIONUndesignated
REFIT TIMEMINOR - 1 Year
MAJOR - 9 Years
RESUPPLY TIME12 Months

DIMENSIONS
LENGTH464.43 metres
WIDTH 316.67 metres
HEIGHT 87.43 metres
DECKS18
MASS3,050,000 metric tons
CARGO CAPACITY49,000 metric tons

COMPLEMENT
CREW500 (None assigned)
CIVILIANSNone
MISSION CRITICAL40
EVAC. CAPACITY4500

ARMAMENTS
SHIELDINGAsymmetrical subspace dampening shielding
ENERGY WEAPONS3 x Type X phaser arrays
1 x Marauder V phaser array
1 x phased polaron array
HULLDuranium-Tritanium composite with ablative and reactive armor over certain areas
PROJECTILES4 x Photon Torpedo launchers
2 x Mine launchers

SMALL CRAFT
RUNABOUTSNone
SHUTTLECRAFT2 x Modified Type-7 Shuttlecraft
FIGHTERSNone
OTHERNone

PROPULSION
ENGINE CONFIGURATIONRamJet Mark I Standard Matter/Anti-Matter Reaction Drive
2 x Orion Ashuros Impulse Reactors
Prometheus Class Nacelles with Orion Cormaline Diamide Warp Coils
CRUISING SPEEDWarp 6.5
MAXIMUM CAPACITYWarp 9.8 for 12 hours

SCIENCE SYSTEMS
SENSORS Retractable hull sensor pallets
1 x Warp current sensor array
NAVIGATIONAL DEFLECTORMolybdenum/duranium mesh panelled subspace field amplification array
PROBE COMPLEMENT
None
Spoiler: NOTES ON MODIFICATIONSShow

The U.S.S. Brisbane was abandoned on Stardate 82550.6 during an engagement with the Klingon Empire. As the area fell under Klingon control following the conflict, Starfleet was not unable to recover the vessel. The Brisbane eventually made it into the hands of the figure known as the Branded Lady, who incorporated it into her Colonial Fleet. Due to the heavy damage suffered by the ship, major modifications were made in order to render the Brisbane operable. Without Starfleet schematics, the vessel was transformed into an amalgamation of various technologies. The Brisbane was returned to the Federation on 94689.2 as a diplomatic gesture in an attempt to initiate peace talks.

It is my belief that not all the modifications were for the purpose of restoring the ship to a functional state. While some of the changes were made to repair damage or compensate for missing components, others were made to alter the ship's function from a Starfleet defence vessel to a pirate raiding ship.

The most obvious example are the two mine launchers on each side of the saucer which replaced the characteristic side-mounted torpedo launchers of the Akira class. Close inspection reveals that these areas of the vessel suffered no damage and the original torpedo tubes should have been functional when the Brisbane was salvaged. This change was not necessary, but tactical. No mines were contained within the ship when it was returned to Starfleet, but the Gorn technology utilized in the mine launchers is unmistakable. It is likely that these launchers would have been used to deploy the same photon mines found in the infamous Gorn minefields. Such a tactic would be very useful in catching targets unaware.

Another modification that supports this idea is the installation of additional tractor beam emitters. Several of the emitters on the Brisbane are not standard Starfleet configuration but are able to handle roughly the same amount of stress. The increase in the number of emitters is not to compensate for poor technology, but to increase the effectiveness of tractor beams. While tractor beams have a variety of functions on a starship, they would be especially useful for pirate ships who can employ the technology to prevent their targets from escaping. More so, cargo transporters have been set up in both shuttlebays of the Brisbane. Two modified Type-7 shuttles were left inside Shuttlebay 1, meaning the ship still carried some number of small craft. However, it seems likely that part of the shuttlebays were converted to serve as additional storage for the loot that they acquired during their raids.

Also interesting to note is that the torpedo pod between the nacelles appears to have been destroyed during the Brisbane's confrontation with Klingon forces, but no attempt was made to restore it. The reason for this is unknown, but possibly because the ship does not need the level of firepower of an Akira class starship for its new purpose. The Brisbane's Starfleet technology, combined with its modifications, have made it more than adequate to serve as a raiding vessel.

2 Likes
TO CAPT Se'Lai
CC
FROM Miyata LaRouche
SUBJ Query

Mon Capitaine,

We apologize for disturbing you during this most difficult period, but we have hope that you can assist with a query which has arisen in result of our time spent on the station. We found ourselves in a chance encounter with a delightful young lieutenant by the name of Muirgen Finney, who has recently arrived with the fleet and not yet been assigned to a posting. Given her experience and anticipated posting, we postulated that she may have been brought here as Monsieur Chag's intended successor (assuming the rumours surrounding his upcoming promotion are true of course!). So we ask you now in case this is the matter of fact, in which case we shall endeavour to facilitate the accompanying administration which we fear may have been overlooked in the present climate.

Besides this unexpected development Capitaine, we are pleased to report that Ms. T'Pia is being very brave and despite her frustration at being apart from you and Capitaine Bishop, she does understand why. Kazra, Kelly and we - even Vrolmacht - are all helping to look after her outside of our shipboard duties.

We hope this finds you well Capitaine, and know that we are all holding thoughts for Capitaine Bishop's speedy recovery.

//SIGNED//
Miyata LaRouche
6 Likes
TO Miyata LaRouche
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ Re; Query

Mia,

Thank you very much for the update on T'Pia, I wish with all my heart that I could justify bringing her here but until Sam's condition improves I dare not.

Regarding this Lieutenant you speak of, I am not in a position to currently review our roster plans; but rest assured it will be the top of my list of things to do once I am back on board. Should you encounter her again in the interim, please pass on my assurances that she is not forgotten and even if she is not destined for our bridge that I will be all too happy to assist her in finding a suitable posting.

On a similar matter I have an assignment for you, Mia; I have just received word that LCDR Keira Laski is soon due to arrive with us. Where I would normally seek to welcome new officers personally, I have reviewed her recent history and believe that regardless of my presence; you are best suited to the task on this occassion.

Make her feel welcome, Mia - like you always do.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
5 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ Deck 7

All hands, for your information;

Though we may have now restored operational efficiency and parted company with the DS13 evacuees whom you all worked so diligently to accommodate these last few days, I am sure I am not the only one who notice our corridors feeling oddly barren at present.

Following a number of individual queries, I am pleased to inform you all that the decision has been made to retain the fondly dubbed 'memorial hall' on deck 7. Over the coming days, sections 16 - 23 (Alpha) will be sealed off while teams work to secure and preserve the memorials as a permanent feature. Beta and Gamma subsets will remain unaffected.

I can not express the sincerity with which I thank each and every one of you for the outstanding level of conduct during this challenging period, but remind that there are still many more evacuees on K7 so do not be surprised to find more roaming our halls as we continue to support relocation efforts.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
5 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ New Bridge Appointment

As many of you will already be aware; LT Chag recently celebrated the newest addition to his family in the birth of another baby boy. With family growing, and in the light of recent increased hostilities in the region, Mr. Chag has understandably opted to take an extended leave of absence.

But as one moves on, another moves in; and so I would like you all to join me in welcoming LTJG Muirgen Finney on board as our new flight operator.

We wish her a long and illustrious tenure in this new posting, and send Mr. Chag on his way with sincerest thanks for his exceptional service to the Valley Forge, and with warm wishes to the health and happiness of the newest member of his family.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
5 Likes