USS Valley Forge Internal Comms.

TO CAPT Se'Lai
CC
FROM Miyata LaRouche
SUBJ Apologies

Mon Capitaine,

We just thought it prudent to apologize to you for any confusion caused this morning by the present left outside your quarters. We are already aware that a number of crew around that deck have reported strange lights & sounds during the early hours but we wanted to achieve maximum effect for the benefit of young Ms. T'Pia!

So to be clear between us; the present was not from Santa, or any non-corporeal being claiming to be so, but from us. The reported strange lights and sounds were all emitted from our drone shell to emulate the sound of sleigh bells and a little flashing red nose attachment we couldn't resist wearing on the drone shell alongside the cutest little stick on antlers we managed to replicate!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Capitaine Keelah!

//SIGNED//
Mia
4 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM Miyata LaRouche
SUBJ An Evening of Entertainment!

Friends,

Many of you will already know that Ms. Jix from the Officers Lounge staff has long been encouraging that we provide regular scheduled entertainment for guests of the lounge. Well, it is our pleasure to announce now that we have agreed to a trial schedule of one night per week where we will endeavour to keep all of you lovely people happy and entertained with an evening of song while you enjoy your off duty refreshments! So please do look out for the next lounge bulletin and come join us if you are able; this trial night will be our first attempt at such a public performance so please, please come show your support, and hugs - brings lots of good luck hugs!

On a similarly social note, a recent conversation with Ms. Kelly has spurred interest in forming a shipwide games club; for those of us who enjoy the challenge of a riveting chess match and the like. So please; if anyone who may be interested in such a club, please do let us know so that we may begin organizing (Ms. T'Quila; you still owe us that rematch to prove that 'Vulcan's do not sulk' too, so we expect to see you there!)

salut!

//SIGNED//
Mia
3 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC ~~
FROM LCDR K. Laski
SUBJ Open Door Holodeck

Hey all,

Just letting people I've booked out holodeck 7 for a small open door thing, feel free to drop in whenever for as long as you want.
So poke your head in and see what is going on!

//SIGNED//
LCDR Kiera Laski
4 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CMDR Meel
SUBJ A New Addition to Our Crew

Dear all,

One of the truest and rarest pleasures for a medical practitioner is to bring a new life into the world, and today marks such a rarity for me. More than this however; though this is not first child born to a member of our crew, she is the first first to be born on board the Valley Forge - something which in itself I know many of you consider to be a blessing - and even if you do not, it will still mark a day to remember for us all.

So with that in mind, it my great pleasure to announce the arrival of our newest crewmember; baby Jung - al-Firawn - and at 4lb 6 oz - quite arguably the smallest and cutest of us too!

I hope you will all keep him and his mother in your thoughts as they recuperate, and extend your understanding to Eunha's support staff who will now be taking up her duties for the counselling team.

//SIGNED//

CMDR Kazra Meel

NB: To prevent any flood of responses from those who partook in the baby pool; the official birthdate is 95141.2
3 Likes
TO CAPT Se'Lai
CC
FROM MCPO Tyr
SUBJ Teambuilding Exercises

Captain,

As discussed, I will shortly be putting a notice out to all of the NCO & enlisted crew regarding the first in - what I hope to be - a series of fun exercises aimed at teambuilding and morale. This will be the proposed 'stem to stern' relays aiming to pitch the different work gangs against each other in a little friendly competition to encourage teamwork, test physical prowess & agility, and their knowledge of the ship beyond their own regular work sections.

Now, if you want to bring the officers in on this one as mentioned to the role of 'catching racers', I won't let on if you don't. I'd also welcome competing teams from the officers of the crew, as the shared experience should be great for camaraderie between them and the rest of the crew!

//SIGNED//

MCPO Crystyl Tyr
2 Likes
TO <All NCO><All Enlisted>
CC
FROM MCPO Tyr
SUBJ Stem-to-Stern Race!

Alright guys here it is;

Since arriving on board, I was quite horrified to learn that many of you have not yet been subjected to the rigorous and gruelling challenges many of us knew when crawling through the lower NCO ranks! So here it is; the first official Valley Forge stem-to-stern; 2418! You'll find I've stuck a sign up PADD in the mess hall where you can sign your teams up, you don't have to go in just your work gangs but it is encouraged (mainly to make my life easier for organizing when I'm still getting to know you all, so be nice!)

So what is it, I hear you ask? (Be honest, you totally did. Crystyl see's all!)

- Teams of 4 will be assigned two jeffries tube hatches: One near the bow of the ship, one near the rear main impulse reactor at the stern.
- Teams will time trial getting from one hatch to the other (runs booked through event coordinator - yours truly! - so you can make sure to pick a time which doesn't conflict with any duty shifts). How you divide up your relay is up to you, but know that all 4 team members will be monitored through the MSD (so we can see who's winning when we overlay you all at the bar!)
- On that note, yes, results will be kept secret until everyone has made their run. Once all are in, we're going to plug in a MSD overlay in the mess hall and watch it all together as a live race!
- One IMPORTANT catch: the officer's of the ship are out to catch you! So you'll need to be cunning and careful when crossing corridors between tube runs so you don't get caught and catch a penalty!
- Penalties will also be incurred for any missed security checks, hatches left unsecured etc. so make sure to stay sharp!

Now what are you waiting for gangs? Get gossiping, get planning, and get competing! If everyone has as much fun as I anticipate with this, we'll probably keep the teams as listed and continue with more exercises as time goes on, maybe even build up a little scoreboard with eventual rewards for successes and improvements!

//SIGNED//

MCPO Crystyl Tyr
2 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ New Arrivals

Crew of the Valley Forge,

It is that time again as another crew rotation comes around. So please join me in welcoming our two newest junior lieutenants; Phantom Moon who will be filling the long vacant Comms Officer position (T'Quila, you can finally have a day off!) And Tsurugi Shinwa who will be joining Kelly's engineering team.

We wish you both a long and illustrious tenure in these new postings.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
4 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ Advisory: Long Term Guests

As many of you will no doubt already be aware, we are making preparations to receive a number of refugee guests on board. We will be working in conjunction with USS Pegasus to help find a new home for these people - currently only known by the formal designation of Species 2501. Whilst I have every confidence in each of you to show yourselves as Starfleet's finest, it would serve for everyone to take heed of the unique circumstances surrounding these guests.

Whilst they may appear fully conversant and capable, even highly intelligent, they are to be considered juvenile and inexperienced. So while we will endeavour to extend every courtesy to our guests, I must ask that you all hold consideration to enforcing the rules of conduct and be considerate to their lack of experience and knowledge of Starfleet protocols when interacting with our guests.

A final note, owing to the above circumstances we will be diverting course temporarily to rendezvous with USS Shinano. Anyone wishing to embark on visitation to the Shinano during this rendezvous should get your leave requests in by 1900 today.

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
3 Likes
TO <All Personnel>
CC
FROM CAPT Se'Lai
SUBJ *IMPORTANT UPDATE* New Orders

As of stardate 95356.2 (~1 standard week from the time of this message), the Valley Forge is being redeployed to the Deep Space Exploratory Corps. This is no idle reassignment however, we will embarking on an unprecedented journey into the unknown. For many of us, I know it is was the lure of such a mission that first drew us to a life in Starfleet, though I am also fully understanding that this is not the case for all.

That is why as of now, the Valley Forge is stood down from operational duty - per our final orders from Admiral Amiri - and we will as such be remaining in proximity of DS13 until our new deployment comes into effect. I implore each and every one of you to carefully consider your future during this time, as you must all decide for yourselves where you want to spend it. Once departed on this mission, the Valley Forge will be out of range of Starfleet support for an immeasurable amount of time; and so during these coming days, we have the continued support of DS13 personnel officers to assist in the disembarking and reassignment of any currently serving officers who do need feel adequately prepared to undertake this journey with us.

For those of you who will be remaining on board as we embark on this new adventure, I encourage all of you to take this time to put your affairs in order and prepare yourselves for the journey ahead. Additionally, as we say farewell to some members of our family who can not join us in this, I trust each of you to - as always - be welcoming and accommodating to those who step up in their place.

Given the magnitude of this endeavour, I will make every effort to ensure I am personally available to consult with any member of this crew who wishes to seek more detailed information, or quash lingering concerns. Though I don't need to reiterate it, I wish to do so anyway and tell you all how very proud I am of this crew. You have all grown together into a family that any CO would be proud of, and to those of you we will be leaving behind in this new chapter for our proud ship; you will forever be a part of this family, wherever you end up.

Sincerely,

//SIGNED//
CAPT Keelah Se'Lai
4 Likes