1 Nov: A deal with the DaiMon

With news of a Sheliak fleet en route to Starbase 151, Task Force Hurq Mevik seeks information from the Ferengi, one of the few factions to have dealings with the elusive Sheliak Corporate. However, there is always a price to pay with the Ferengi, if they are willing to make the trade at all…

Shift Time: Sunday, Nov 1, see event link for exact time

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event Type: Social RP

Starting Point: Fleet Starbase

OOC point of contact: @anncarise

1 Like
She who sups with the devil should have a long spoon ... or a Klingon with a sharp knife.

Istar@anncarise FX | After receiving word of the incoming Sheliak fleet, members of the task force proceed to the world of Ponsarc II, the location of a Ferengi resort where the Ferengi Alliance has dispatched -

[Local] Istar@anncarise:- a representative to meet and discuss a trade. Upon transporting down, they find the world notably more humid than most, seeming to be located by seaside at the edge of a jungle. The climate is not -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - exactly ideal for a vacation for most species, though it suits the Ferengi, and likely any amphibious species or civilizations hailing from worlds with similar climate to Ferenginar

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: takes a deep breath Almost reminds me of home.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher grimaces

Egzo@HF_Mudd blehs and immediately regrets wearing his armor. Not enough to take it off, though.

[Local] Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: Let’s get this over with.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: But, we should focus on the business at hand. I’ve got no word on who is the Alliance representative, so they are playing the delaying tactic here.

Istar@anncarise | They seem to be standing at the entrance to a dining area which has been cleared out, with two Nausicaan guards standing by the entrance and four more guards of various species inside, including a Lethean.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: straightens his suit One thing is for certain, they are definitely putting on the show.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: ** OOC - most of you get DaiMon Grosna before, he’s the Merchantman captain who helped us against the Hirogen.

Lorri@crystyll asks Grosna, “You familiar with this place at all?”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: It’s a favorite vacation spot for the Ferengi with the lobes for business. Non-ferengi are also welcome, as long as they have the latinum.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We all read the brochure. So… are you actually familiar with the place at all?

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: What else is there to know? It’s the place where successful people come to rub elbows and make deals. This is one of the more popular restaurants, which means that whoever managed to fully reserve it

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: - for this meeting has a lot of pull within the Alliance.

Lorri@crystyll sighs, “I’ll take that as a no then…” and steps forward, looking to the guards.

Istar@anncarise | The two Nausicaan guards look over to her, “Tabadi Lorri. Welcome. We’ve been expecting you.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Good. Does our host await inside, or are we to make ourselves comfortable in the mean time?”

Istar@anncarise | Nausicaan: “He’s waiting for you inside.”

Lorri@crystyll nods and smiles, “Thank you” before heading in.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher eyes the guards suspiciously as he walks in.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: puts the mandatory slip of latinum at the box in entry and makes a quick prayer to the Great Exchequer

Istar@anncarise | Inside, they find a single Ferengi seated at a table, with two guards standing against the wall behind him, but not too close. The Ferengi smiles and stands as the group comes in.

Lorri@crystyll approaches, “Quite the show of hospitality. Good to know our business continues to hold such high value to the Alliance.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife. *says in lowered voice before approaching the host.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “The representatives from Task Force H’urq Mevik. Have a seat.”

Istar@anncarise | The table in front of the Ferengi is filled with food, specifically Orion, Ferengi, Klingon and Nausicaan food, seemingly tailored to the group…

Lorri@crystyll sits and pours out a drink, “Thank you”

Egzo@HF_Mudd waits for Lorri to sit before doing so himself.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher ignores the food and sits down, and just stares at the ferengi

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi smiles again, “Orion wine. An authentic vintage from your old homeworld. Had to blackmail an old Syndicate tabadi for it. I hope it suits your tastes.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, “nice spread.” He doesn’t look pleased, however.

Lorri@crystyll smirks a little as she sips, “Nobody I like, hopefully?”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: offers the traditional ferengi greeting May the Blessed Exchequer watch over your profits.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “I would imagine not, given your loyalties to the OSN.” He turns to Grosna, “And to yours.”

Istar@anncarise | He motions to the table, “Come, everyone, dig in! Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd ‘politely’ takes a morsel and chews on it, staring at the Ferengi all the while.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher doesnt touch the food, just stares at the ferengi looking angry.

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi hops back in his seat, “I have you all on the back foot, I imagine, but the Rules of Acquisition do say, It’s always good business to know about new customers before they walk in your door.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: takes a plate of tube grubs, and slowly chews as he observes the host

Istar@anncarise - And if there’s one thing I exemplify, it’s rules 194 and 168." He smiles again.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Good. You know your customers, so you know what we want. Then we can dispense the usual song and dance, and get straight to the fun part then "

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi nods, “So, you want intel on the Sheliak.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “No, I want /good/ intel. Anything you’re selling has to be worth its price tag. Which is why I know you won’t have a problem offering up a sample for my esteemed colleagues here to review.”

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi takes out a PADD, tapping it and sliding it across the table, “See for yourselves.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “Always inspect the merchandise before making a deal.”

Lorri@crystyll remains leaning casually back, allowing someone with more tactical prowess to review the offering.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher looks at the padd.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to Hach’Qo, awaiting his verdict before taking a peek himself.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: will check on the padd after Egzo

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher looks at the ferengi " This is very detailed. If it’s genuine. How did you come by this information? The Sheliak are notoriously possessive of their information."

[Tell]Istar@anncarise: Egzo notes that the information is of the same class of ship we got scan data from the Feds on. There’s a little more information in here than what the Feds got from scanning,

[Tell]Istar@anncarise: - but nothing on the other ship classes. It’s almost like he knows exactly what we already have and is giving us just a little more in preview.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher passes the PADD along.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Oh, I have my ways. Information is…somewhat of a specialty of mine.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd snags the PADD now that Hach’Qo is done with it, giving it a look over while keeping an ear open to the byplay.

Egzo@HF_Mudd skims it, then scrolls back through to certain spots more carefully, glancing up at the Ferengi now and then.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Naturally. So, by the fact we are even here - and so royally treated at that - it is clear that this information is almost as valuable to you as we are as customers. Almost” she smiles.

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes, “And knowin’ just how much t’ reveal, and how much t’hold back until the deal’s done.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd doesn’t try to play dumb biker grunt, not with this guy.

Egzo@HF_Mudd passes the PADD along to Grosna, having seen what he needs to.

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi smiles again, “Very astute. And of course, if you want the rest of the information, you’ll have to give me what I seek in return.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “And what - prey tell - would that be, then?”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Two things. One- let us say I have certain…business ventures that would also be negatively impacted should the Sheliak attack Klingon space.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “So your interests are self-serving. I can respect that, and the inevitable discount it will lead to for us. What is the second?”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: returns the padd back, suppressing any reaction to the “self-serving” comment

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi smirks, “Lady Tinith of House Dronurr. Not the heir…just the lady.”

Lorri@crystyll frowns a little with confusion, looking to the others assuming the name means something to one of them.

[Local] Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: “What do you mean, Ferengi?”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “I know Honour Guard Captain Lexi used to be a member of your task force before she departed on her mission. And I know she is reckless at times, but not foolhardy enough to take the lady nor heir of her House with her on such a dangerous journey.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: takes out his padd and taps

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “I want you to give Lady Tinith to me. She will not be harmed. In fact, we can protect her. She will live in luxury until the time she is needed, or whatever you Klingons see as luxury,” he gives Hach’Qo a brief glance.

Lorri@crystyll scowls suspiciously, “Exactly what do you mean by the ‘the time she is needed’?”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher barks a harsh laugh “Even if we were to give her to you, I do not believe you could handle a Klingon woman?”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: to Hach’Qo Dronurr is an House in exile, so to speak, they lost their conflict with the another House, only a handful of survivors remain, under captain Cynis’ protection.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “What, do you think I want to /marry/ into a Klingon House? Who do you think I am, Quark?” he laughs.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “What do you think I need her for? Leverage, a bargaining chip, something like that, of course!”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “Leverage? What kind of leverage do you expect from a member of a dying House? No, there’s more to it.”

Lorri@crystyll nods.

Egzo@HF_Mudd reaches for another item from his plate and chews it carefully, letting the others talk while he just listens and watches.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “I can’t tell you much, of course, but I get the feeling you won’t make the deal unless you have some idea what will happen with the Lady. Am I right?”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Suffice to say these folks won’t rightly hand over one of their esteemed own without a damned good reason.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “And considering they’d happily go up against the Sheliak without your intel, I’d suggest you make this good.”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Let’s just say I have some friends who don’t think House Dronurr will stay dying for long, and that Captain Vix will have a…important role to play yet.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “If your intentions were so noble, why force the action as a bargaining tool? /Surely/ such a vote of confidence in the House could be pitched direct to Lady Dronurr herself and nothing more would be needed.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “This discussion is purely academic. As much as I’d love to make a deal as any ferengi does, I don’t need to double check my employer’s answer.”

Lorri@crystyll nods, “Unlike myself, she is one Orion who never swung with the Syndicate. And even I steered clear of people trafficking.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “It’s a resounding No to this demand. Lady Dronurr and all those under her care are under captain Cynis’ protection, and it will stay like that until Captain Vix rescinds this gesture of hospitality.”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Well, if that’s too high a demand, allow me to re-negotiate…”

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks. And now the real, more ‘reasonable’ offer…

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher seems to be losing patience.

[Local] Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: ((clarification on the scene, is there a ledge here?))

[Local] Istar@anncarise: ((Probably not!))

[Local] Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: ((ok :-) thank you))

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: ** considering defenestration from high altitudes is the usual way to carry out whatever death sentences the Ferengi Alliance still has, they’d be a rare thing :)

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “How about…the current access codes held by Captain Vix? She’s not here, she doesn’t need them. And you can void her codes after you sell them to me. No harm will be done.”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “And we don’t have any way of reaching her, so you don’t have to worry about us sabotaging her ship.”

Lorri@crystyll narrows her eyes suspciously, “Attempting to show what you ask for as being worthless only emphasizes the contrary.”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Oh, it’s not worthless. But no harm will come to you or your friends.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “But to Captain Vix, I’m sure. You have a potential customer lined up who has a vested interest in seeing House Dronurr stay in exile.”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher laughs humorlessly, then quickly reaches across the table, grabs the Ferengi by the ear and pulls a knife out, "Perhaps I should “renegotiate”, You give us the information you have, we handle

[Local] Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: the sheliak for you, and your guards get to continue to collect their pay."

Lorri@crystyll purses her lips, nodding lightly with her brows raised in a look that reads as very clear ‘sounds reasonable.’

Egzo@HF_Mudd swallows what he was chewing and readies himself for action, of whatever sort.

Istar@anncarise | The guards behind the table step forward, drawing their weapons as the Ferengi shouts, “Hey! No need to get handsy! I’m willing to renegotiate!”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher does not release him, “Then do so quickly, pet’aQ.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “So; you give us the intel to help handle the Sheliak. We take care of them to preserve your ‘at risk’ ventures. Sounds pretty amenable to me.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: continues chewing the grubs, as if nothing have happened I suggest we clear this entire Dronurr line of negotiation entirely, for all our sakes.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Okay, okay!” He glances over to Lorri, “I want a direct line of communications to Tabadi Noveis. Does that sound reasonable?”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “No.”

Lorri@crystyll is surprisingly abrupt with that answer, not even a moments consideration.

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi sighs, “Emeria, then.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Emeria?” she scoffs, “You’d do better with me. As you well know already…”

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi smiles, “Of course, but this isn’t exactly an OSN favour I’m asking…”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher sees the ferengi getting too comfortable and pulls harder on his ear.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “No, it’s another way to try to get at Captain Vix and House Dronurr.”

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi yelps, “This has nothing to do with House Dronurr, I promise!”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Just Vix then, understood.”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “This is bigger than that! Emeria, or nothing!”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Tell you what… I won’t give you a direct line to anyone - but I won’t necessarily cut you off either.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Give me your direct line and - /if/ she agrees - Emeria may utilize it.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “That’s the only way around it’s working, you’re not having free access to any ranking member of the OSN.”

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: “Fair enough,” He looks to the big Klingon, “I have to get down to do that, big guy.”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher looks to Lorri for confirmation.

Lorri@crystyll nods.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher releases him, but keeps his eyes on the guards and a hand by his disruptor.

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi takes out another PADD, tapping on it before handing it over to Lorri, “Here. All the intel, and my direct line.”

Lorri@crystyll takes it with a smile, “A pleasure doing business with you.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “Indeed, mister…?”

Istar@anncarise | The Ferengi nods, giving another, more forced smile, “Now go destroy some Sheliak ships for me. Remember, war is good for business!”

Istar@anncarise | He gives a signal to his guards and the Ferengi transports away, followed by the guards.

Lorri@crystyll stands, “Rule 35” she offers, her tone seeming more in retort than agreement as she smirks a little and turns.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: drops the smile when host and his goons are away How rude! He didn’t even introduce himself!

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: And no, he’s no one from the bigwigs, either from the FCA or a DaiMon of note.

Egzo@HF_Mudd pushes his chair back and stands.

[Local] Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: “Well that was productive.”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Yeah.”

Istar@anncarise | As they turn, someone else transports down.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Better not hang… around.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “And suspicious. I wonder wh-…”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher immediately pulls his disruptor

Istar@anncarise | When they fully materialize, Lorri sees that it’s Nomen, the Orion Naval Intelligence officer from the Thana.

Istar@anncarise | Nomen: “Tabadi. He’s already gone?”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher lowers his disruptor.

Istar@anncarise | Nomen: “Wanted to come down here to tell you. He’s probably intercepting all our comms.”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Definitely.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “What do you know?”

Istar@anncarise | Nomen: “The SNV Lirithia picked it up first and passed it along to us,” he takes out a PADD and a video of a well-dressed Ferengi plays.

Istar@anncarise | Ferengi: "This is Tolog, speaking for the Ferengi Alliance. Haven’t you people ever heard of Rule 16? A deal is a deal, and we have one with the Sheliak we’re not gonna risk, no matter what -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - favours the Empire is offering! They’re your problem, not ours! We won’t stop any Ferengi from dealing with you, but Ferenginar wants no part in your war!"

Istar@anncarise | Nomen: “That was the real response from the Ferengi Alliance. Whoever you just talked with intercepted that message and sent his own.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “And that answers it.”

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles. “Nice.”

Lorri@crystyll glances the PADD in her hand still that the Ferengi gave her and passes it to Nomen, “This has his DNA on it. Find out who he is and why he’s so interested in our operations.”

Istar@anncarise | Nomen nods, “I’ll look into it immediately, Tabadi.”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Specifically; Noveis’ mission.”

Istar@anncarise | Nomen quirks his brows, “Noveis’ mission? How’d he even know about that?”

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: “Find out.”

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: “Why wouldn’t they be? Information has its price, if it can be sold for a nifty profit, it is worthy obtaining.”

Lorri@crystyll shakes her head, “It’s not that simple. Noveis’ mission is highly classified. Only a select few on the Circle even know about it.”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Speakin’ of. Wayyyy too many ears. We should not be talking more here.”

Lorri@crystyll nods, “Let’s get back to the ship.”

[Local] Istar@anncarise: “Agreed.”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher nods.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: I’ll do the same. This went better than expected, and the finances saved shall be funneled for supplies.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: Also, it will be interesting to fight these Sheliak, this data shows a great salvage potential.

Egzo@HF_Mudd eyes Grosna, but can’t argue with that…

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: Well, laters then. May the Great River of the Material Continuum flow in your favor.

[Local] Grosna@gulremal: he taps his comm-link and beams away

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher: There is much preparation to be done if we are to fight the sheliak, I’ll take a copy of this information to my ship, perhaps we can confirm its accuracy.

Lorri@crystyll nods, “Please do. Meanwhile, we’ll figure out what that slippery little toad was really after.”

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher sighs “I hate dealing with Ferengi.”

Lorri@crystyll chuckles.

Hach’Qo@carebearcrusher taps his communicator and beams away.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Yeah, but sometimes ya gotta. I mean, they own everythin’.”

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "True…

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around at the resort, and all its… opulence.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: gaudy, tacky, eye-hurting, ‘make it look more EXPENSIVE’ “opulence.”

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: hehe

[Team] Istar@anncarise: hehe

1 Like