1 Sep: Back to business

KDF and allies return to SB 151 after a shore leave, and there's a lot on their plate...

--

When: Sunday, Sep 1, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Fleet starbase

OOC point of contact: @gulremal

>> OOC: I'm taking a vacation so I won't be running events for the next two weeks. I need some time to cook up new event ideas. I will be around-ish for any fleet related matters, but my activity will be reduced overall.
1 Like
Spoiler: Meeting transcriptShow
B'Atar@anncarise steps into the room and gives Sadia a salute.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And much much more, I surmise. We were always short-handed and busy with one thing or another to fully map and scout local systems for useful salvage.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: Qapla', Sadia!

B'Atar@anncarise salutes Sadia with respect.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *returns salute* Commander, glad you could join us. I haven't seen you in a while.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye. Been busy patrolling the Breen border."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: "Any skirmishes?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg salutes Sadia.

B'Atar@anncarise takes her usual seat, "Just a few recon ships that needed reminding about where they were. Nothing as fun as when the Breen go all out."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *returns salute* Captain. Good to see you. Did you meet commander B'atar already?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Greetingsss. Not asss of yet.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg salutes B'Atar.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Don't think we've met, but can always use someone of your size on our side," she smirks.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: B'atar is our local "Breen expert", so to speak.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Greetingsss B'Atar. Good to hear. I enjoy the welcoming of sssuch.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye. Been fighting the Breen since I got here after the Academy."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg finds his seat.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "The power armour their more elite units have could be pretty tough, but I bet you can tear them apart with your hands."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssince the academy..? Interesssting to have been here ssso long upon graduation.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Haven't been /that/ long since I finished training. Just plenty of room for advancement out here. One of the benefits of the frontier."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg Nods.."Yesss tough but not invincible..bare handsss <looks down at them> ..maybe gloved" gloved

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Mainly I signed up to get away from House politics and all that."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Ah yesss, that part of the Empire isss no love lossst to myssself either.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she seems to be pokin at her padd for a bit, grumbles a bit*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *padd beeps something affirmatively, she nods satisfied and puts padd aside* Egzo should be along shortly.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I don't think any warrior enjoys politics. But somebody has to run the Empire. It's just not a job for me."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssurprisssing a bit, consssidering you are kling. Mussst have a bad fallout from the houssse.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, yeah, I'm here."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Egzo! It's been a while! I heard you were chasing some lost Cardie treasure?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shakes head jokingly*

Egzo@HF_Mudd enters the conference room, sliding into his usual seat with a wince.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks like he had a little too much party last night.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Sssoundsss like it wasss a good treassure.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Treasure. Yeah, right."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg lightly hissingly chuckles.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Buncha robot ships, traded 'em for... stuff."

Egzo@HF_Mudd puts his elbows on the table and his head in his hands. "hnnnn."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Robot ships? Thought it was a weapons stash or something. Must be a long story," she chuckles.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Might know, once someone writes an after action report...

Egzo@HF_Mudd explains, face still covered and voice slightly muffled, "The ships /were/ the weapons. Nn. Bloodwine. Need bloodwine."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Maybe a raktijino would be of more benefit..

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow. We are back. And aside from shooting our enemies, we also have the duty to deal with our allies. We have a couple of people waiting to speak to us.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Are they tasssty?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* Not sure. One of them is practically a living rock.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Hmm, alright we can lisssten to them then.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: I don't want to relive one of my fathersss talesss of .."when I wasss your age I had to eat dirt.." ssso on and forth.

Lorri@crystyll perks a brow at the dirt eating

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins* Why thank you. First one is High Intellect Pam'eth. He's the elected leader of the tributary colony of Mal'laan, populated mostly by small humanoid species Widrab.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They became klingon tributary in exchange for our military protection, and they are at this point a main industrial centre in this area.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Pam'eth has an request for aid, and since they are our tributary, they are first on the list.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she pokes at the computer in front of her, and holoprojector at the center of the table lits up, and soon an image of a small well-dressed humanoid shows up* Okay people, let's see how your -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - diplomatic skills hold today...

B'Atar@anncarise looks at the hologram, "So you're the, uhh...Great Intellectual Pam'eth?"

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: *is a master diplomat*

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: haha

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *squints as communications are established* Well met, I am High Intellect Pam'eth. *looks around, barely suppresses a scare-jump as he seems massive reptilian*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: It seems that, ah, leading council of overseers has changed since last tme we spoke.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I'm guessing you're here to ask for KDF military assistance?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd has managed to find the raktajino and is nursing a second cup, having gulped down the first.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Straight to the point. Well, yes. I shall first provide the background for the request, if that is acceptable?

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Proceed, the more intelligence we have, the better we can aid.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Our colony, Mal'laan, was originally made from refugees from the multiple Widrab planets that were ravaged by breen attacks. These world are now empty shells, as no Widrab dares to return so close to-

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - Breen space. Since we became servants of the Empire, our safety has made many more refugees flock to our colony, are from barely one hundred thousand, we are now almost two million strong.

Egzo@HF_Mudd makes a small nod, as larger movements make the pounding worse.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "gud f'r you."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: This is starting to cause certain strain to our maintenance capabilities, as we dare not divert industrial facilities from meeting empire's demands and break the agreement that we struck.

Lorri@crystyll leans forward, listening attentively. Seeing a lot of familiarity in his story

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Therefore, the colonial council has agreed to mount the expedition to one of our lost worlds in hopes of recovering certain technologies and equipment.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "A solid sounding plan. You'll forgive my lack of familiarity with your arrangement here, but I'm not hearing a request here. Or do you require consent from the Empire to pursue this venture?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd guesses, "And you want protection for this expedition."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: We have secured the cargo hauler and volunteers for the survey and slavage teams. However, we lack any kind of protection against local threats.

Egzo@HF_Mudd tilts his head Lorri-ward and points at the terminal, jabbing a clawed finger a couple of times in a "see, see?" gesture.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *nods to Egzo* Yes, without adequate protection, this salvage operation will not be put in motion. The lost colony in question is close to both Breen and Tzenkethi space - we dare not venture there -

Lorri@crystyll eyerolls, "Yes, thank you. Most timely..." turning her attention back to the speaker

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "We can handle Breen and Tzenkethi. How big of an expedition is this?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - without support. We've sent a request to single surviving Widrab colony in the area, Kal'tok, but their mercenary defense fleet suffered a lot from that insane Tzenkethi crusade to be of any help.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: We have a large transport vessel, around a hundred volunteers split into 10 survey and salvage teams. Ground operations are planned to last no more than tenday - we will cease all recovery operations

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - at that time, no matter the results. Counting the travel time to and from the location, we will need protection for two tendays.

Egzo@HF_Mudd rubs at an eye. "Sure, we can do that." He glances to Sadia for confirmation.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Sadia: Seems reasonable. We will deal with this as soon as possible, can you be ready within a week?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Pam'eth: Yes, the hired transport will arrive within 72 hours. Our teams are ready and are doing last preparations.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Thank you for assistance. Project leader will contact you soon. Pam'eth out.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *as Widrab's holoimage dissolves, she turns to Lorri* Tabadi, you seemed interested in this.

Lorri@crystyll nods, "Forced from their homes, building up a fledgling colony while surviving by the mercy of the Empire. A few years ago that was us, so yes. It's hard not to feel sympathetic towards their plight +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + having lived it myself in recent memory."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "It's near the Breen front, so I might be able to assist too."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tabadi will be in charge of our forces for this operation, but I expect rest of you to lend a hand. Widrab are experts in fabrication technology, and anything they can salvage will help us in the -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - long run.

Lorri@crystyll dips her head, "Understood"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: My ssship is ready, provided no other ordersss sssupercede.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Not sure whether Tzenkethi will act upon our presence, but if I remember correctly, some of the other widrab colonies surrendered to them, and they might claim the rest of their former space.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: The threat from Tzenkethi isss the proto-matter weaponsss.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Empire does not support any of such claims, so act accordingly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And by that, I mean - if they start causing trouble, give them some proper trashing.

B'Atar@anncarise smirks, "With pleasure."

Egzo@HF_Mudd has found his hip flask, now that he has a few more of his wits about him, and was "enhancing" his third cup of raktajino as Sadia speaks.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks up. "Can do."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Okay, we'll deal with another call today...D'rexian rebels have a report regarding Breen, and I guess they will also ask for assistance.

Egzo@HF_Mudd leans out a little to tell the new lizard, "These are the stone guys."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods understandingly to Egzo.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: For new folks, a quick rundown...D'rexians are silicoid sentients who were conquered by Breen Fenrisal State around 20 years ago. They have a strong resistance force, and last year one of their agents

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ...*looks at her padd* Unfettered Voice of the Forgotten, has asked us for help locating some kind of hidden lore cache within local badlands zone.

Egzo@HF_Mudd rubs at his face. "Remember how that went /last/ time?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: This turned out to be *checks her padd again, muttring about silly naming coventions* Eximious Prophet of the Great Deeds to Come, some kind of precognition super-d'rexian being.

Egzo@HF_Mudd has a gulp of his "enhanced" coffee, and nods.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Right. Fun times."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah, I remember that..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: D'rexians..."bred" him...it...to be their greatest hero in upocimg conflict against the Breen, but he prophesized the fall of D'rexian Planet States and refused to lead a futile war. So they put him -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - in cage and sealed him within the badlands. In the end, he did join the rebellion, and this is the first time we hear from them since then. Unfettered Voice is on the line, so let's hear...her...

Egzo@HF_Mudd turns to Ku'jho again. "S'what tellin' the truth gets ya, sometimes, when people don't wanna hear it."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *pokes at her computer and new holoimage appears...suddenly alarms blare for just a second, as holoimage gets solid form and actual being forms on the table*

Egzo@HF_Mudd winces and startles.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "whoa, hey, what?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg calmly places his hand on the handle of his sword, eyeing the form shaping.

B'Atar@anncarise looks at the being uncertainly as well, "Didn't know they could do that..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd has a disruptor pistol half-drawn before he recognizes the newcomer. (She /is/ rather distinctive.)

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Well, hello there, warriors of the empire. We meet again *looks at B'atar, Egzo and Sadia* But some of you are new.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yyyeah. Nice of ya t'drop in."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Sorry for hijacking your holo and transporter systems for a bit. Breen are getting smart to our comm systems, so I decided to come in person.

Egzo@HF_Mudd slides the pistol back into its holster and waves the impropriety off.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: *jumps off the table and slides in a chair* I'll be quick, we can exchange niceties later.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg sees Egzo relaxing and relaxes and loosens his sword grip.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, having appreciated that directness since their first meeting.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: and yes, Egzo is definitely tracking better, now that he has a few cups - and some bristles of the targ - in him :)

B'Atar@anncarise smirks, "I like blunt. What'd you need?"

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Prophet says hi. With his ability to transport us on sector scale, D'rexian Resistance Movement has started doing soem serious damage to the Breen forces that keep our planets enslaved.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Of course, the Hated Enemy didn't wait long, and they have brought another champion of theirs, Thot Kreel, to deal with us.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Oh boy, another Breen commander t' smack down."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: You know, the same guy you stopped from fully enslaving the Ventraxians.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, we met."

Egzo@HF_Mudd slams the rest of his third cup of raktajino, and decides not to go for a fourth just yet.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: August General Clad in Rainment of Adamant has been working on new tactics to counter this, but we will need outside help.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: He's already gonna have to [RATED T FOR TEEN] after this meeting's over. :/

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Thot Kreel has acquired massive planetary drills *she waves hand and an image appears of a massive, miles long drill half-buried in the planet's surface*

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/017/874/794/large/riley-frambes-space-mine-web.jpg?1557684350

Egzo@HF_Mudd blinks, impressed.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: They use them to both plunder our riches and hunt for our underground bases. These drills are not Breen made.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Our agents did manage to infiltrate some of these devices, and they were sold to Breen by an faction known as "Mors Combine". We believe it is one of the Reklari Combines that specializes in mining -

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Drills you say...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Time to parachute onto them then!

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - operations. I ask your help in dealing with this Combine - persuade them to stop trading with the Breen Fenrisal state.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around the table. "'Persuade'. Right."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Of course, we would prefer a peaceful resolution, but if violence cannot be avoided, so be it.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Prophet relays that he will see to it that you are properly reimbursed for this help. I believe it is in your interested to cut this new source of materials for the Breen military foundries, and to -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - help our resistance grow and cause them even more harm.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Unfortunately, we have no additional information regarding the Mors Combine, but you did have contact with other reklari Combines in the past, if I'm not mistaken.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, we did."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: If you agree, I will stay here and offer whatever assistance I can. I am aware you might have some other operations planned, but we are willing to wait. It might give me more time to extract more data

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - to help you with this.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: What do you say?

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around the table again, then shrugs. "Sure, okay."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: We will asssissst, asss you are part of the empire. Though our resssourcesss to be usssed will be priortized by the fleet Captain.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Yes! *she almost jumps up* I will move over to the liquids dispensing facility you all so like to frequent. That wine of life liquid does wonders for my cooling systems.

B'Atar@anncarise grins, "Everybody loves a good drink."

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles, watching the 'guest' depart.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: *to Ku'jho* Eh, we are not part of Empire yet. But we are connected by common interest of "kick the Breen in the reproductive organs".

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Later! *she scampers off*

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: A sssmall detail.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *looks at her leave* B'atar, do me a favor and ask station security to keep an eye on the comms with her around.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Will do, Captain."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That's enough requests for today. Egzo, you'll be a leader on this op as soon as the trip with Widrab is over.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Got it."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: As usual, everyone else is to assist as needed. These two things are your priorities until further notice.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Any questions?

Lorri@crystyll shakes her head

B'Atar@anncarise shakes her head as well.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: At the time, I would better sssuited for the essscort of the widrab. If that isss acceptable for Tabaddi Lorri.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: we will be doing one storyline after another, so everyone will be able to participate in both

Lorri@crystyll smiles, "After your last combat performance, I look forward to seeing more"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right. In that case, meeting is closed!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *slams the table for effect, and gets up* I'll deal with other calls in my qurters, call me if anything else pops up.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, rising with a grunt. "Good. I gotta..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to the boss lady. "Right, right."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg rises out of his seat as the Fleet Captain does.

B'Atar@anncarise chuckles at Egzo and stands as well.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to the other officers as he leaves the conference room a little quicker than normal.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods.
1 Like