10 Mar: Things best left forgotten

Task force Hurq Mevik is contacted by Latima Urnal, daughter of the former leader of the New Cardassian Republic...

--

When: Sunday, Mar 10, Beta -1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Fleet Starbase

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
4 Likes
(Instead of this event, we had some bar RP, character introductions, and setup for a future plot of Lexi's...)
Spoiler: TranscriptShow
[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "No one. I requested the assignment, it gets tiring to work with dead purple people.."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Also since the Iconian War ended, the Delta Quadrent has been far less intresting for Intelligence work."

Egzo@HF_Mudd approaches from the direction of the bar, mug in hand.

B'Atar@anncarise eyes the new Ferasan.

M'Zuul@natthaan flicks his ear in B'Atar's direction, perhaps in greetings maybe?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Orion waitress returns with raw targ steak and a mug of milk, puts it in front of M'Zuul. She then turns to others for an order.

Egzo@HF_Mudd circles around and takes the seat next to the Boss Lady, looking across the table at the new guy. Cat. Whatever.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Egzo* Well, seems most of senior staff is here, bar the station CO.

M'Zuul@natthaan is actually civilized, he picks up a fork and stabs the steak, and then uses the claw on his free hand to start cutting it up.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "The Old Man was around earlier, I ran into 'im."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist is repairing a broken conduit.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: OOC: on the base

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Probably got ambushed by somebody with reports."

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles and drinks.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist burns her hand and swears a blue streak.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, Delta Quadrant is getting quiet?

M'Zuul@natthaan nods as he takes a sip of the alcoholic milk. "Mhmm... the only people out there that might pose a risk to the Empire are over a century behind us in technology."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "And it'd take them over 70 years to reach us.."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I can see that pushing them down the priority list..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, we still have the Borg to contend with.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist closes up the panel and hauls her tool box up onto the counter.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Unless they drive us away from one of those Gateways...but that's a suicidal attack."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "We have fleets there, the Feds have ships there, even the Romulans have ships there. If they want to fight us over a gateway, let them try!"

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Alright, it's patched. Oughta hold for a while, or until the next fight.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lighting behind Sadia starts blinking, and then dies off with a sputter.

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Besides... the rumor mill says there is never a dull moment around here.."

Lexi@crystyll glances curiously to the busted lighting

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "That there isn't!"

B'Atar@anncarise looks to the light as well.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Is that a maintenance issue, or are Maral bots on the station /again/?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *turns around, her hand falling to her disruptor, then relaxes seeing it's nothing serious*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: DON'T remind me about that. I still get tics whenever there's power outage.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: No, I haven't seen her. I'm not her keeper, man.

M'Zuul@natthaan flicks his ears as he continues to eat his steak, using his claw to cut it up

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin plops down in his seat.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, there's Kodon, our station's CO.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "There he is."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Oh come on, I just fixed your stupid-- that's not my job, man!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin nods, "Here I am!"

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Give em to me.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist takes a tray of drinks.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist practically dumps a trayful of drinks onto the table.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Kodon *points to dead yellow horizontal light fixture to her right* there's problem with the station power supply?

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Enjoy.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock ignores her... salad... and remarks offhandedly, "Whack the reactor core with a wrench. That should solve it."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *looks to Nesha* Hmmm...another new face.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin grumbles, "Not for long."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: You lot need anything else?

Egzo@HF_Mudd idly munches on bar nuts.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin claims one of the drinks Nesha brought and turns to her, "Yes. Fix that light!"

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist looks for a broken light.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: At this moment, someone to check on that light fixt -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Yellow fixture right from sadia turns on and blinks for a while, and then it sputters again, this time making a whining noise...

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Yeah, 'm on it.

M'Zuul@natthaan laps up his milk from the mug as he watches.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist hauls her toolbox off the counter and lugs it over to the faulty light fixture.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, you're right, this place sees it's fair share of action. We've fought breen expansion deeped into Zenas Expanse on multiple fronts.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin leans in towards the others, reaching out to grab a handful of whatever the nearest food is and slap it on his plate.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist drops the toolbox, unpacks a few instruments and sets to work, exuding a surly, overqualified competence.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: An' lotsa little fights between the locals.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: There's also a small True Way presence, but we've practically crippled their operations and they've been infighting for a while.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye. Some sparked by the Breen too with locals taking sides for or against them."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Yes.." He mews in reply. "I've been looking forward to seeing what we can do with the Breen.."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* We pushed back orion pirate queen Maral outta Expanse, but now she's back selling her combat droids to local militaries, trying to jab at us from the distance.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Besides turning them into icecubes?"

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "They're already ice cubes..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Yeah but we leave them in bitesize chunks to drop in your drink" she grins

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "HAW!"

B'Atar@anncarise laughs.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin grins at Lexi and then shovels food into his maw.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Heh."

B'Atar@anncarise looks to M'Zuul, "So you're with Intelligence, huh?"

M'Zuul@natthaan nods "That is correct.."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "You ever do those undercover field missions I hear about?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *finishes off her food* It's good we've got Breen attention splintered all around the sector. It would be troublesome if they joined forces and focused on us.

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "I spent the whole Federation war as a Starfleet Officer."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "They never realized I wasn't actually one of them."

Lexi@crystyll smirks, "I did too. Of course, I actually /was/ one of them then, ha!"

Heras@1nONLY_DRock whistles. "Impiressive!"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Well, I got a shiny suit of Breen armour on the San'leth. Nice as it is, my own gear fits better."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: You posed as a caitian?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "And I think someone with your skill set will make a more convincing Breen than my attempts..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "So it's all yours if you can use it to help us."

M'Zuul@natthaan nods to Sadia "My name was Hask, after the war ended, I was 'killed' during the Undine Attack on Earth."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Left my tail behind to seal the deal."

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: *notes* have a character know Hask in their backstory...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hehe

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Ouch..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to M'Zuul - he can respect that.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Talk about dedication to the cause."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Not many officers might agree, but I'm actually glad we've got a dedicated intel officer here.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist appears to have solved the flickering problem; she's now running some tests. The light is rhythmically cycling between off, on and BLINDINGLY BRIGHT.

M'Zuul@natthaan almost lets out a hiss at the sudden increase in bright lights

Heras@1nONLY_DRock adjusts her shades, wincing at the sudden increase in illumination.

Egzo@HF_Mudd squints against the unwelcome radiance. "Hey."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin grumbles loudly!

Egzo@HF_Mudd raises a hand to ward off some of the shrieking photons. "Knock that off, huh?"

Lexi@crystyll seems to be of the few not really bothered. egzo's bulkier build seems to make for a suitable eclipse of the blinking light as she happily munches away on her steak

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hm, at least it's working...

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Quit your bitching, I'll be done here in a minute.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Some of us are light sensitive, you know!"

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Yeah, well, some of us have sensitive noses too, but you don't hear me complaining.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* Where did you get this one, Kodon?

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Hey... I took a bath last night."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin drains the cup he was drinking from and tosses the cup at the wall near Nesha. It bounces off with a clang and clatters to the floor, "Work -quicker-!"

M'Zuul@natthaan mews hin amusement

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: in*

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist winces at the impact and shoots a glare back over her shoulder before returning to her work.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "If I knew that, Captain, I'd send her back!"

Lexi@crystyll smirks as she listens, "I like this one!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts at Lexi, but doesn't argue with her. He does keep his hand up against the light, though.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist seems to have finished the diagnostic cycle. The light has returned to normal illumination level.

Egzo@HF_Mudd slowly and warily lowers his arm.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin nods in satisfaction as she seems to finish, "Better."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins* You folks act as another spider driod just fell from the ceiling right on the table...

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Now /that/ would be a party!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *spares a quick glance upwards, just in case*

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist packs up her tools.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "I only have one eye. I'd rather not lose sight in it due to incompetent repair work!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Nesha* Good work there. What's your name?

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist glances up briefly.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock readjusts the filters on her shades.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Much better! Thank you."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Nesha. But don't worry about memorizing it. I'm just passing through.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Passing through?

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist closes the top of the toolbox and hauls it off the floor.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Soon as my debt's paid off, I'm outta here.

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks into his mug but says nothing, being occupied with drinking.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: This place not to your liking, eh?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And how did you end up having to fix lamps? *motions to an empty chair*

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: I'm on the clock and it's a long story. For now it's my job.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Enjoy your drinks.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist lugs the toolbox back to the bar.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist heaves the toolbox onto the bar with a crash.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin shakes his head as he scoops some more food into his mouth.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shrugs* Ah well. *to M'Zuul* So, what's your take on the Breen?

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Well, the Breen like to talk big, but if you hit them hard enough, they usually go crawling back into their ice hole to regroup.. so what we need to do is set a fire to their ice house."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist leans on the bartop with one hand propping up her face, watching the comings and goings of patrons listlessly.

Egzo@HF_Mudd puts his (empty) mug down and slaps the table. "Absolutely."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hmm, both Amoniri and Fenrisal have multiple bases in the sector. Amoniri are fighting a tug war with the Alarian Fiedoms over the territories of Almavian protectorate.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: One of the Almavian colonies, Brioni II, has freed itself from Breen control and is now acting as local neutral trade center. That would be a good place to start gathering intel.

M'Zuul@natthaan nods "From there, we'll be able to find where the Breen's main headquaters are.."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Also, there's the trade station belonging of Obadin Combine, the Crossroads Terminal, to the galactic north-east from here. They trade with anyone, even with Breen.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: There you could gather Intel on other local breen state, the Fenrisal. They're in a deadlock over the Ventraxian territories to the galactic east. We are supporting the Ventraxian independence-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - and at this point, there's a prolonged cease fire in effect.

M'Zuul@natthaan nods "I assume we wish to keep that cease fire in place... offically of course."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: For now, yes. But if we could exploit any weakness to derail further Breen invasion plans - and they will move eventually - that would help us keep them bottle-necked and unable to expand further -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - into Expanse and towards Cardassian space.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah, they even attacked the starbase in full force once."

M'Zuul@natthaan nods "With the newly remilitarized Cardassian Union, the Cardassians should be able to hold off any attack.."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist , at the bartender's insistence, carries another tray of drinks to the table. She surreptitiously slugs back one of the glasses on her way.

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "I've seen the specs of the new Damar class dreadnought... that thing is better then their Keldon class."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist deposits the tray on the table.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *blinks* Cardassians remilitarized? I did see some of the new designs at Empersa, but I didn't knew they've got the economy to rebuild their fleet.

Egzo@HF_Mudd immediately reaches past Lexi for a refill.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Nesha* So you double as a waitress, too? That's a waste of your tech skills.

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Well, now they are Alliance members... their economy has gotten quite a boost."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Tell me about it.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: But we're short-handed.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* Tell me about it. Daramar still isn't fully staffed, and it's been in service here for what, almost two years now?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "One thing about a small ship; only need a small crew" grins

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Lexi* But every loss is far greatly felt than on that mobile fortress of mine.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Nesha* You have any ship-board experience?

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: What I lack in depth, I make up for in variety.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: ...why? Somebody hiring?

Lexi@crystyll dips head to one side in conceding the point and grumbles, "That's why I had to stop executing helmsmen..."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist seems to lose her surly attitude for a moment.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Not if they have any sense..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *thumbs at Egzo* Here's our merc coordinator.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Look, I want out of here. I'll take anything. Who do you want me to kill? This guy?

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist points at Kodon.

Egzo@HF_Mudd puts a hand up, as he drinks with the other.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I don't think you'd be interested in Dara- *pffft!*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *supresses a laugh*

Kodon@Nitroglycerin stands up and peers at her, "You're welcome to try!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "That's just trading one starbase for another."

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins at the boss.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin is not impressed with Nesha t'Merek's antics.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist ignores Kodon. She clearly has no idea who he is.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: No, that klingon is older than this station, and he's the station's boss, by the way.

Egzo@HF_Mudd glances at the Romulan as that little fact lands.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Kodon* I don't think she's serious anyway.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist now glances to her left nervously. She's digging herself deeper into the hole now.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "No, I don't imagine she is."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Oh come now." She addresses Kodon. "You can clearly see that she is not satisfied with her lot in life. Why, if given the chance... I bet she'd take the next freighter out."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Does that mean if I beat your ass, the station is mine?

Lexi@crystyll smirks, leaning back to watch. Dinner /and/ a show, now this is a fun evening!

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Not quite... you gotta beat up everyone in line ahead of you."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* Yeah, no shortcuts through the chain of command!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "If you could just cut in line like that, there'd be a LOT more duels."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Now ease up, Commander. She is clearly not gunning for your position."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I doubt KDF would survive if such system was ever put in place.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "I respect those who want to change their lot in life -and do something about it-. But she is just doing the bare minimum needed to scrape by, with her only goal seeming to be scurrying away after."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Hmm.. people are rarely egar to move up the ranks in Intelligence.. the high spots tend to become open when something goes wrong."

Heras@1nONLY_DRock chuckles.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Hey man. You don't know me.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "That is true, I only know your actions and words, and so far I am unimpressed."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Then sit and regale us of your story.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin motions to the chair, "Yes, sit and talk. Or go mop up some targ piss. Up to you."

Heras@1nONLY_DRock shoots Nesha a dead serious look. "Tell me, Romulan, what is it you do aspire to? I know it is more than this."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist glances back over her shoulder at the bar. The ferengi there is occupied and not paying attention to her. What the hell, she sits.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I don't think your boss will object if I request it.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin returns to his seat.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock raises her glass of wine. "Better. He may only know deeds, but I know ~minds~."

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters again.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Yeah, I'll bet.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *takes one of the drinks from the tray and leans back in her chair*

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Like how I know if you weren't bound to this station you would be doing something more... suited to your ambitions."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: I'm trying to make my own way. I don't like owing anybody anything.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: OOC: also, I'm moving the scheduled event for next week, if that's okay with you folks

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "An admirable philosophy. So what keeps you here?"

[Fleet] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: ((I probably won't be around for it!))

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: I owe a *lot*.

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (Me either. Sorry. Other engagement that afternoon.)

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist says this with chagrin.

[Fleet] Lexi@crystyll: (if i can make it, i will!)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That's an interesting outlook, but no one is an isolated island - all of us have connections, deals and debts.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "...and the most important debts are not financial, regardless what you hear the Ferengi say."

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: OOC: we will see how the attandance is, and organite accordinglyx

[Fleet] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (By all means go without me.)

[Fleet] B'Atar@anncarise: (I should be able to make it!)

[Fleet] M'Zuul@natthaan: I should be around)

Heras@1nONLY_DRock cracks a predatory smile.

[Fleet] Sadia@gulremal: OOC: there's other side stuff to work with, so missing a single event is not a disaster

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "What is it that you owe, and why do you owe it?

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "The little toad thinks he owns you, huh? Perhaps I should dispel that notion..."

M'Zuul@natthaan licks off traces of meat left behind on his claw after finishing his steak.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: This friend of mine and I, we, uh... we were working on this freighter passing through, and we came in here for a drink. Ran up a bit of a tab. And so we picked a fight.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Before you know it the whole bar's brawling and we slip out.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: We got caught before we got off station, and the captain of our freighter ghosted us. They stuck us with the bill for ALL the damage, not just the drinks.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Damn ferengi accounting... I fixed most of that damage myself, but do I get paid what he says the damage was worth? Of course not.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Oh ~really~?" Her bemusement turns to detestment as she glares in the Ferengi bartender's direction.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin snorts, "Start a fight and not see it through?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "That's your mistake right there, see! Should've owned it with pride, and if the toad kicked off then put him on his ass too!"

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "It is what we do." She confesses.

Lexi@crystyll chuckles

B'Atar@anncarise chuckles as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Nesha* Why did your captain leave you stranded?

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "...and your contract for repaying your debt? How long does it last?"

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Didn't want to be saddled with my debt, I assume. I don't know, he hasn't called.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist looks to Kodon.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: I'm here for a couple more months, provided that I don't run afoul of any more contract loopholes.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "With a Ferengi contract? Yeah... good luck with that"

Kodon@Nitroglycerin looks over to the Ferengi, "Knowing him there are more than a few."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Least it's not a Sheliak contract..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "From what I hear these guys are even worse."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Hmmmmm... shall I have the freighter tracked and boarded, Captain?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: Wednesday and Friday are the only ones I think...

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: ...

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "...and after you're free of your debt, what then? Where will you go? What will you do?"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: ((MT!))

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Heras* I don't think they're worth the time.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If they're not willing to stand for their crew, they won't achieve much anyway.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock makes a sour face. "What a shame. Been awhile since I splashed a freighter."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: I'll ship out on whatever leaky tug'll take me and start rolling up a stake again.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "To what end?"

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: To get clear, man. To be free of all these...

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around the table to see if anyone else bites.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist searches for the right word.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Rules.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist seems unsatisfied with this word, but settles.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "You won't ever see the end of that journey."

Heras@1nONLY_DRock leans over the counter and asks, "Tell me, how would you like to do something more... worthwhile?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sounds like we've got a privateer soul here, eh? Be your own woman, carve your own slice of the universe?

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Does "worthwhile" mean "worth money"? Because if it helps me pay my bills faster, I'm in.

[Emotes] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: Hahaha!

Heras@1nONLY_DRock laughs at Nesha t'Merek's antics.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "By 'pay my bills' you mean land on New Romulus I bought with the prize money of my captures? Yes, you can say that 'pays the bills'."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist thinks this sounds too good to me true. She's skeptical.

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: *to be

Kodon@Nitroglycerin looks to Heras, "I wouldn't be so quick to take her into your crew."

Heras@1nONLY_DRock senses that skepticism. "No, I already have have a few ne-er do wells in my crew, though I do sense thanks to the Ferengi's actions I may need a new Sommolier."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "But it's beside the point. You can reinvent yourself in the Republic Navy, and if you work hard and do well enough, you may even have a piece of the universe to call your own."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "After all, I was a slave, descended from slaves. Look at me now."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: Wait, you work for the Republic?

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist now looks a loooot less interested in this opportunity.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock nods. "Yes. Sub-commander Heras of Hfifar, Republic Navy. I'm on attached duty with the KDF."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: You're a long way from home. Thought I outran you guys...

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Though keep in mind, the Republic isn't the only service." She adds, a too timely switch in pitch. "I know for a fact the KDF doesn't ask as many... questions."

Lexi@crystyll nods, "Especially if you sign up with this old pirate" she thumbs left with the flash of a playful smirk

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist looks at Egzo.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* There's a fair share of mercenary captains in our employ.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Bah, she seems to have no concept of duty. She'd do poorly in the KDF or the Republic Navy."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "If you can hold a wrench, or a blaster, and don't point either at anyone y'shouldn't..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: *disruptor

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: If it's broke, I can fix it. If it's unbreakable, I can break it. I'm not sqeamish and I'm not picky.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles. "Sounds 'bout right."

Lexi@crystyll looks back to Kodon, "Maybe she ain't KDF material, but seems like a promising cutter to me at least"

Heras@1nONLY_DRock nods. "She'll do just fine."

[Local] Nesha t'Merek@thesophist: I got to get back to work. You guys know where to find me if something comes up.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Ah huh."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist picks up the tray and carries it back to the bar.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Will see you soon.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin scoffs and shakes his head.

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist is pulled into a quiet argument with the bartender when she returns.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Come now, Commander Kodon. She may surprise us with her character just yet."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins at Kodon* Rubs you the wrong way, eh?

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Yes!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to M'Zuul* What do you think, commander?

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist shrugs at Bartender.

M'Zuul@natthaan looks up from his mug "Mhmm? The Romulan? She could be a useful spy if needed be.."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "No one ever suspects the gutter rats."

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Who says she isn't a spy already. Better check that light panel for listening devices."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Practical view, eh?

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist is not impressed.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "I would have sensed it." Heras shot back. "No, she just wants to pay her debt and move on. She was honest with us."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Of course... practicality is how I managed to spend over ten years fooling Starfleet."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* But who knows...some of us here started from scratch, and I can relate to the situation. Well, if anyone needs a tech, give her a chance.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "We let that Hawkins guy in... sayyyyy."

Egzo@HF_Mudd gets an Evil Grin.

Lexi@crystyll slowly looks left and smirks at the evil grin

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "She may be skilled at repairing tech, but without any sense of duty she will be a liability to any crew."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "That's what basic training is for. I say we bring her in. And as for the Ferengi, if she owes any latinum, he can have a choice..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd lets Lexi see it, then nods and points to Kodon as it fades a bit.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "...either she's free from her contract... or he can have the sum total owed shoved up his..."

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Sorry if a bit quiet! Ninja-ing a bit as I'm getting called away to help with dinner!

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts again.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: But still here for an hourish until dinner is ready though!

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Careful, Heras. He might enjoy that! HAW!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: You think he'd complain about the second opti-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *snorts*

B'Atar@anncarise laughs.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Trust me, I'd enjoy delivering it. What he's pulling is another form of slavery."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well, yeah. Ferengi."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Indeed."

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "Wouldn't expect any better of them..."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist , freed from her scolding, goes back to leaning on the bar. This time her gaze is on the group's table instead of the exit, though.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Treat people in your debt like family... exploit them."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Is that one of their rules?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah."

Lexi@crystyll nods, "111"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I know most of 'em. Comes in handy sometimes."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, this was a very interesting lunch, and I'm glad I made new acquaitances *nods to M'Zuul* Commander, if you need any help setting up, let me or Kodon know.

M'Zuul@natthaan nods "Of course, you'll be the first to know, I do report directly to you."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Excellent. Enjoy your meal, folks. I'll see you later, we've got a new sortie soon.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Later boss!"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Look forward to seeing you on the field, Captain."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin stands as Sadia makes ready to depart.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to group in general and heads out*

Egzo@HF_Mudd tosses a "Seeya" and a half-salute after Sadia.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin slides back into his seat after Sadia leaves. He leans back, finished with his meal.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, like y' said... we can find 'er a spot. But if she, or anyone, thinks that just 'cause we're mercs we don't got no rules..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Those cutters don't last long."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "One way or another."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Just needs a chance to thrive."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We'll see."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I'm inclined to agree with Heras there. Strikes me as one who's been coiled up with her back to the wall for far too long. Give her a chance, she might just surprise"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Maybe. But remember who you're talkin' to."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I've seen the type. All the types."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs and drains his mug, again.

Lexi@crystyll raises a hand defensively, "No arguments there, boss. Just throwing in my 2-slips worth" she smiles, "Not to say she won't be trouble, can almost guarantee she will be. Key is directing that trouble"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Oh, /that/ I'm pretty good at."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "If I do say."

Lexi@crystyll grins

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles. "More m' job than piratin', these days."

B'Atar@anncarise grins, "Hey, we get plenty of action too."

Nesha t'Merek@thesophist gets some new instruction from the bartender. She hauls the heavy toolbox off the counter and plods toward the back room.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah... and the pay's good, and Sadia ain't never jerked me around like some."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "'S why I'm still here."

Lexi@crystyll nods in quiet appreciation of that sentiment

Lexi@crystyll looks around, "Well... I was kind of hoping to catch Sadia for this too, but since I've got the rest of you here..."

M'Zuul@natthaan laps up the last drop of milk from his mug and sets it aside

Kodon@Nitroglycerin turns his attention fully on Lexi.

B'Atar@anncarise sets her mug down and looks to Lexi as well.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I got something of a job for you all, well... more of a request really. Totally optional, for you guys at least..."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Do share. Now I'm just curious.

Lexi@crystyll grumbles, shifting awkwardly as she clearly doesn't care for the topic she's bringing up

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to Lexi also.

M'Zuul@natthaan arches his brow as both his ears perk towards Lexi's direction

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well, it's this thing I have to do now I'm joined. Symbiosis Commission has been hounding me for months on this and it's getting harder to put them off"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "The what?"

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "You wanna do that thingy with the gut slugs's memories?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Oh, the um... Trill slug people" she clarifies to Egzo, looking across with a nod, "yes, the Zhian'tara"

Heras@1nONLY_DRock leans in and listens intensely.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "And want does not come into it, they are imposing the requirement on me with added emphasis given the nature of my joining"

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks between M'Zuul and Lexi, repeating, "the what?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "It's a ritual joined Trill must undergo to meet the personalities of previous hosts. And it requires... volunteers"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Like...sacrifices?"

M'Zuul@natthaan looks to Egzo "You know the gut slugs Trills carry? Well, every host at least once has to have a chat with their past hosts... I've seen it done, but I never volunteered because the host take over

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks Dubious, with a capital D.

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: the bodies of the volunteers."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Now, since I have to do this, I'd rather face it with trusted allies. But am quite willing to enlist my crews aid if needs be"

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "How many will you need to complete the ritual? How many previous hosts have there been?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "And that is exactly it" she nods across the table again, "So each volunteer is temporarily 'possessed' by the personality of one of my previous hosts"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Vix has 7 hosts before me, so it would one volunteer for each"

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "That sounds fascinating. Do they totally take over or do we get to bear passive witness?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around, as the various explanations and the implications finally sink in. Then he pushes his chair back, noisily.

Egzo@HF_Mudd declares flatly, "Hells no."

Egzo@HF_Mudd does not offer an insincere "Sorry," he just leaves.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock frowns disapprovingly at Egzo. "What's the matter? Afraid you might like it?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd points to Heras. "You need t' stop sayin' that 'bout me."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Must be afraid that you'll learn the numbers to his bank account.."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "You don't got no idea."

Lexi@crystyll eyes the anticipated reaction from her left but focuses on Heras, "I don't really know myself - never been one for all this Trill stuff - but I /think/ the passive witness thing does apply"

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "... by the way, you might want to change your password." *Grins to Egzo*

Egzo@HF_Mudd turns and points to the new Ferasan next as the latter pipes up, a "shut up" scowl on his face.

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "Well I for one would be willing to try it."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "And hey, don't blame him" she defends Egzo, surprisingly, "If I could avoid doing this thing, I would!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd 's pointing finger wilts a bit at that last, and he mutters a curse.

Egzo@HF_Mudd stalks off in a huff.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "But yeah, there it is anyway. No need for answers now, just... think on it, maybe? Not even sure when the Symbiosis Commission guy will be coming yet to do it..."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin gives a nod to Lexi, "Count me among the seven needed."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "How private do you wanna keep this? I can spread the word, know my fair share of warriors on the base and the Daramar."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "But I imagine you just want to ask for volunteers among people you know."

Lexi@crystyll dips her head to Kodon, ever respectful of the warrior not shying away from any challenge as she looks over to B'Atar, "I'll be honest; I hate this whole idea, just the thought of it makes my damned+

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: + skin crawl. But if I have to face it, I would rather do so in the company of those I trust. And that means those who I have fought alongside"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "First and foremost, that is those of you here, now. Beyond that, it is my trusted warriors who serve as my crew on the QanwI'"

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "Well.. I've only just met you.. so I don't expect that offer to be open to me."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "That is true, but there is time for us to stand side by side in combat before then. And, given your prior knowledge of such things... I am impressed and would welcome the opportunity should it arise"

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "A new experience with my psychic abilities? Count me in."

Lexi@crystyll smiles, "At least someone is looking forward to it!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "But thank you, all of you. Now if you will excuse me, I've got a humble apology to write to the Commission..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Well, you haven't gotten me killed so far," she smirks. "It's been an honour to fight alongside you, Lexi, and long as this won't mess up my brain permanently I'll help you out."

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "I should depart as well. Paperwork and all that..."

Heras@1nONLY_DRock mutters, "Starting with a few choice words for our Ferengi bartender."

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "Still got a few fixes for San'leth after taking a few hits last fight."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Until next time, proud warriors" dips her head to the group and heads out

Heras@1nONLY_DRock corners the Ferengi bar owner, looks him straight in the eyes, and says to him in a menacing voice...

[Local] Heras@1nONLY_DRock: "I hope you can fit a lot of latinum up there..."

B'Atar@anncarise stands and looks to M'Zuul again.

Heras@1nONLY_DRock then turns around and leaves.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Anyways, if you ever need a Breen disguise for anything, let me know."

M'Zuul@natthaan looks to B'Atar "I shall."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "It's not bad armour either. Case things go bad while you wear it."

[Local] M'Zuul@natthaan: "I shall keep that in mind."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (( worked for a princess. ;) ))

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "I'll be in Ops, if I'm needed."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin nods to M'Zuul, "Welcome, Commander."

B'Atar@anncarise heads out for the shipyard.

M'Zuul@natthaan nods to Kodon "Thank you."

--SCENE END--
3 Likes
Here's the mission log for the event proper, or at least Part One of it!

Spoiler: Mission LogShow
Sadia@gulremal: <FX> After wejpuH tul OPS reported a distress call coming from old True Way territoriy, Cmdr. Kodon gathered a squadron of available ships and is underway to investigate...

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As they approach, they identify the signal as cardassian in origin, coming from the vessel named S.S. Vitar.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "This Commander Kodon aboard the Hor'CHa. All ships check in before we reach our destination!"

Lexi@crystyll: <C> QanwI' is ready on your wing boss

M'Zuul@natthaan folds his arms as he doesn't have his own ship, so he's physically standing next to Kodon.

Sadia@gulremal: <C> *Bara appears on in smaller screen on the main viewscreen* Bara here, IKS Barut is cloaked and ready for action!

B'Atar@anncarise: <C> San'leth checking in here.

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth also approaches under cloak.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "Excellent. Keep your cloaks up when we drop out of warp. Let us investigate the situation before we take action."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <FX> The Hor'Cha, Qanwl', Barut, and San'leth drop out of warp, cloaked and stealthy, and draw to within visual range of the SS Vitar.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Passive sensors and visual imaging systems show a cardassian vessel, galor class cruiser, lying dead in space. there are multiple smaller hull breaches and slowly dying plasma leaks.

M'Zuul@natthaan: "Intel knows that there was an old Cardassian Defense warship named the Vitar.. it was mothballed, but the True Way has a habit of stealing those and putting them into service."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> There's no systems or stellar bodies in close vicinity. For aything else, more active scans are necessary.

B'Atar@anncarise: "True Way don't exactly seem the sort to call for help openly, unless they're really desperate..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Or setting a trap."

Lexi@crystyll: "Or baiting a trap"

Lexi@crystyll looks to B'Atar with a smirk at the jinx moment

Lexi@crystyll: "So how'd you want to play this, boss?"

B'Atar@anncarise smirks as well before looking to Kodon.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin nods at M'Zuul, "They very often decorate their hulls with the symbol of the True Way, any sign of that? Let's take some scans in the meantime. Lifesigns and how badly the ship is damaged.""

Lexi@crystyll: rolls 53 (1-100)

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: rolls 97 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 94 (1-100)

Lexi@crystyll: "We've got around 50 lifesigns clustered around engineering, computer core & the bridge"

Lexi@crystyll looks offscreen then back, "My men are telling me they know this as one of the upgraded Galor's from Gul Urnal's defunct NCR Navy too"

Kodon@Nitroglycerin chuckles to himself.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Anything further?"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Urnal...explains why it's in such bad shape..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "His group was pretty much done for last we heard about it."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Energy sigs from the damage match tetryon and quantum weapons. Ship's not going to put up a fight anytime soon, but we're seeing what looks like weapons fire inside."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin waits for any further response, and when none are forthcoming he speaks, "Alright, if this is a trap, it draws time to spring it. We will act as follows..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Probably boarding parties but we can't isolate the other lifesigns that aren't Cardassian."

Lexi@crystyll: "Also begs the question of where their opponents' ship is..."

Sadia@gulremal: *older klingon woman with an eyepatch turns from a console in front* Captain, we are detecting three faint energy signatures in the vicinity, they are scanning us!

Lexi@crystyll: "Aah, there they are"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Tetryon damage in this part of space, I'd say Tzenkethi but I've never heard of them using quantums."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Scanning us? BAH! All ships scatter and take up attack posture!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Doesn't mean they don't have them though..."

Sadia@gulremal: <C> Shit, we are being actively scanned too!

Lexi@crystyll growls at her helm, "You heard the man, break formation and bring us about for an attack run!"

Sadia@gulremal: <Bara> Tactical, get our shields up, evasive maneuvers!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Hor'Cha is decloaking. The rest of you, try to stay on the move and cloaked. It will at least be harder to track you."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin motions to an officer who drop the cloak, "Open hailing frequencies."

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth stays cloaked as it approaches the unidentified ships.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As Hor'Cha decloaks, three signatures appear on everyone sensors - three destroyer sized vessels rush in an open fire!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <H> "This is Commander Kodon of the KDF speaking. Shall we look each other in the eye rather than scanning each other?"

Sadia@gulremal: ** https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/sto_gamepedia/thumb/9/90/HirogenEscort.jpg/260px-HirogenEscort.jpg?version=173ac0bc9c12052e9973837d1e862cfe

B'Atar@anncarise: "That is not Tzenkethi..."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "It seems we will! Evasive maneuvers!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Tetryon cannons hit the Hor'Cha's shielding but it holds, it's front shields dropping to 50%.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "All ships, you are free to engage as you will!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Second destroyer opens fire at San'leth but their targeting systems are not targeting cloaked ships well so their fire misses the ship.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Unfortunately, Barut has no such luck. Caught in the process of shield raising, tetryon burst from 3rd destroyer hits the BoP square across the main hull and engines, disabling it in one nastly-

Sadia@gulremal: - blow!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Audio message arrives from the lead ship that attacked Hor'cha.

Sadia@gulremal: <C-Enemy> This is Beta Tergen. Do not disappoint me, klingon, and be a better prey than those cardassian weaklings!

Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 1 --

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Seeing through the enemy ambush, KDF squadron gets to react!

Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

B'Atar@anncarise tries to outmaneuver the enemy destroyer with the nimble bird of prey and attempts to get behind it before decloaking and unleashing a barrage of mixed disruptor and polaron fire.

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 65 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth flies past the enemy and does a sharp turn, hitting the enemy's aft shields and dropping them to 50%.

Sadia@gulremal: -- Kodon's action --

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "We will be the last prey you ever hunt, Tergen. This is a good day to die!"

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <FX> The Hor'Cha charges at the enamy ship firing at it like an angry Targ, breaking away just short of ramming it and raking disruptor fire along the port side as it passes.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: rolls 94 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hor'Cha returns the favor to the eneny lead ship and then some, dropping it front shields completely and making some scorch marks to it's hull - however, the hull seems to be very resilient to -

Sadia@gulremal: - energy weapons.

Sadia@gulremal: -- M'Zuul's action (as he's on Kodon's ship) --

M'Zuul@natthaan looks around and heads over to a console to keep an eye on any damage reports.

Sadia@gulremal: -- Lexi's action --

Lexi@crystyll FX | QanwI' charges head on at the remaining destroyer; decloaking at the last minute to unless a barrage of torpedoes before barrel rolling over it amidst a spray from the wing cannons

Lexi@crystyll: rolls 25 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Qanwl' decloaks directly behind destroyer that disabled Barut, but enemy reacts swifty taking only couple of indirect hits to their aft shields, dropping them to 80%,

Sadia@gulremal: <C-Tergen> Ha, at least you're fighting back!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lead destoyer keeps it's forward momentum but hits it's secondary thrusters, doing an 180 degrees turn and spraying Hor'Cha's side, reducing both front and back shields by another 30%.

M'Zuul@natthaan: "Forward shields at 20%, aft shields at 70!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Second destroyer turns around in hope of facing San'leth, but fails to fully turn, and it's tertyon side turrets score only couple of weak shots, dropping San'leth's forward shields by 20%.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Third destroyer tries to face Qanwl', but it's pilot overeagerness takes it's toll and destroyer overshoots Quanwl', exposing it's flank...

B'Atar@anncarise tries to reinforce forward shields while using San'leth's maneuvrability to continue getting behind the destroyer and peppering its flank with energy weapons fire.

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 44 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Engineering manage to restore shields by 10% while San'leth's fire keeps pummeling enemy's aft shielding, dropping it to 20%, near the buckling point.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin barks out an order, "Helm! Face us off against that ship! M'Zuul! Their forward shields are down, do you think you could beam one of our quantum torpedos directly to their bridge?"

M'Zuul@natthaan looks over to Kodon "Sir, the Hirogen ships have a monotanium hull plating.. that will make things harder to do, but I can attempt it."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Do it!"

M'Zuul@natthaan gets to work on putting his intel training to use.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <FX> Hor'Cha opens fire with disruptors as it faces off, trying to keep their shields down.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "Hirogen, prepare to receive your first trophy from this hunt!"

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: rolls 48 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hor'Cha turns to face the enemy and sprays it's front with disruptor fire, hitting the plating and shearing some monotanium off - may it be helpfull for the incoming stunt?

Sadia@gulremal: -- M'Zuul's action --

M'Zuul@natthaan attempts to carry out Kodon's orders to beam a torpedo into their bridge

M'Zuul@natthaan: rolls 27 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Almost there! Torpedo beams halfway through the plating and detonates, doing some serious damage to the lead vessel!

Sadia@gulremal: -- Qanwl's action --

Lexi@crystyll fx | QanwI looks to capitalize on their foes mis-piloting and hammers their flank with everything they can, trying to hold pace and not lot them slip out of weapons lock

Lexi@crystyll: rolls 15 (1-100)

Lexi@crystyll: rolls 9 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Qanwl's unleashes hell against the enemy ship, it's fire hitting in square in the engines, but there's no satisfying explosion, but ship simply fades away! It was a photonic decoy, fooling Qanwl

Sadia@gulremal: - sensors!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Lead ship strays off it's course by the unexpected detonation, but it's not giving up on the fight! Turning the weak side away, ship fires a subnucleonic beam at Hor'Cha, wreaking havoc on her-

Sadia@gulremal: - systems and temporarily shutting down it's engines.

Sadia@gulremal: Lead destroyer uses this to reposition for another attack at Hor'Cha's flank...

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Second destroyer activates it's advanced internal dampener fields and does a 180 degree backflip, peppering San'leth with tetryon cannon burst, droppig it's front shields by a whooping 60%!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Third destroyer appears on Qanwl's side but fails to score a heavy blow, doing only moderate damage to Qanwl's front and back shields, dropping both down by 30%.

Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 3 --

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth only has one turret for its rear arc and is more for point defence, so B'Atar takes a gamble and tries to maneuver to the flank of the destroyer again.

B'Atar@anncarise keeps the San'leth's side to the destroyer for as long as she can before rapidly turning around once she reaches the back of the enemy ship, unleashing a single burst of disruptor and polaron fire-

B'Atar@anncarise - to take down its remaining shields before unleashing three photon torpedoes to follow.

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 49 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise would try to break off as soon as the attack is complete, regardless of success, trying to put the rear shields of the San'leth facing the destroyer again.

B'Atar@anncarise (or the explosion, should the destroyer go boom)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth's disruptor fire drops the enemy shields completely, but enemy manages to evade incoming torpedoes in the last milisecond!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin pounds his armrest with his fist in frustration! "Helm! Use thrusters to keep our nose to that ship as long as we can! Open fire with cannons and quantums! Enginnering! Get the engines online!"

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <FX> The Hor'Cha uses thrusters to turn weapons to bare, but otherwise sits dead where it is. The disruptors blast out while the Hirogen ship remains in its firing arc, followed by a barrage of >

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: > three quantum torpedoes.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: rolls 100 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Not expecting the enemy to keep fighting, lead ship is caught by the Hor'Cha's torpedoes and is blown into lotsa bits!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin raises the D'k Tagh as he and his crew let out a roar of victory on the bridge of the Hor'Cha!

M'Zuul@natthaan does what he can to balance out the shields to give the forward shields a boost

M'Zuul@natthaan: rolls 13 (1-100)

M'Zuul@natthaan: rolls 40 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> M'Zuul manages to even out the shield power a bit - aft shields drop to 50% while front ones get up to 40%.

Lexi@crystyll FX | QanwI' does it's old party trick of locking forward trajectory while spinning around to protect it's weakened side and firing relentlessly with cannons on the destroyer before the afterburner +

Lexi@crystyll: + kicks in and it charges forward unleashing another volley of torpedoes as it's spins tight around enemy ship

Lexi@crystyll: rolls 90 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Qanwl's fire finally strikes true, taking out enemy shields completely and scoring some shots at the hull plating!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hirogen destroyer that is fighting San'leth speeds up and keeps moving away from San'leth, obviously trying to disengage!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> After taking a lot of punishment from Qanwl' last hirogen ship shunts all power to the engines and tries to leg it too. Unfortunately, something obviously got seriously damaged -

Sadia@gulremal: - by Qanwl's torpedoes and this sudeen power shunt overloads Hirogen power systems, causing explosions all over the ship as it literally scatters into hundreds of pieces, like a dropped Lego toy!

Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 4 --

B'Atar@anncarise: "I got one trying to run here!"

B'Atar@anncarise gives chase to the last ship, firing more torpedoes after it.

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 17 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 2 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth keeps on enemy's tail, but as it tries to fire the weapons overheat and must be shut down!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Seems the technology mix might have some unexpected backdraws!

Sadia@gulremal: -- Kodon's action (your engines are still off) --

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Let's get as many scans as we can of that fleeing ship while we have the chance."

B'Atar@anncarise curses, "That shouldn't have happened! Get those weapons back online! Lexi, think you can still cut them off?"

Lexi@crystyll nods, "You better believe it! Which bit you want cutting off, any preference?" she smirks

Kodon@Nitroglycerin hits a button on the arm of his chair, "Chief Engineer Bogh! Why aren't those engines back online yet!?

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: rolls 31 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <Bogh> I'm working on it, we have stabilized the warp core, whatever hit us almost caused it to overload!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin shakes his head as reports on the scans come up with nothing... and the Hor'Cha sits lame. "Keep me apprised of the warp core's status!"

M'Zuul@natthaan: "Sir.. I might be able to kick start the engines, but we'll lose most of our shields."

M'Zuul@natthaan looks at Kodon, waiting to see if he approves or not

Kodon@Nitroglycerin considers, "Do so. Our shields will do us little good if we're a stationary target."

M'Zuul@natthaan nods and attempts to kick start the engines

M'Zuul@natthaan: rolls 50 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> With some power management tricks, M'Zuul gets the engines humming, but the shields are barely holding at 20%.

Lexi@crystyll FX | QanwI' darts across the battlefield, skimming past the Hor'Cha with it's tail burning a bright white as it closes on the fleeing ship to try and put them out of their misery with a final flurry+

Lexi@crystyll: + of cannon fire

Lexi@crystyll: rolls 56 (1-100)

Kodon@Nitroglycerin curses at Lexi as the Qamwl' narrowly zooms by the Hor'Cha!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Qanwl's fire streaks across the battlefiled and hits the enemy ship, but soon it's obvious it's another photonic decoy - as soon as fake ship is down, real one appears passing by the Galor, and -

Sadia@gulremal: - you can detect teleportation signatures just before the Hirogen destroyer jump into warp!

B'Atar@anncarise curses again, "Well, our weapons are misbehaving but our transporters are still online. I say we beam onto that Cardassian ship and take out the ones who didn't run!"

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "Chances are there's only dead Cardassians missing a few body parts left."

B'Atar@anncarise scans to check if there's any Cardassians or other signatures alive on the Galor.

Lexi@crystyll: "I'd settle just for shooting something that's /actually/ there to be shot!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah, these decoys are annoying..."

Lexi@crystyll glances left and right distractedly. The sound of scurrying footsteps and the bridge door opening/closing can be heard, "What?!" she aims offscreen

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "Lexi! Report!"

Lexi@crystyll grumbles, "Bunch of yellow-bellied targ's..."

M'Zuul@natthaan looks over "There are Hirogens onboard the Galor, they seem to be fighting the crew."

Lexi@crystyll 's holo shifts, "Nothing to worry about boss. Just... taking the helm here, bridge crew were... due a break..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "I see them too. Let's go get them, maybe figure out what interest they got in Urnal's people."

B'Atar@anncarise: "They admitted they weren't really worthy prey. I'd have just shot their warp core and blown them up. If they're boarding they must want /something/."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> And so the KDF and allies prepare to board the Galor...

Kodon@Nitroglycerin: <C> "We'll form a boarding party and clear the Galor. We give the Cardassians a choice between honorable death and taking them into custody. The Hirogen get no such choice."

B'Atar@anncarise smirks, "Plus, if Hirogen are anything like what I hear about them, fighting them in person is gonna be FUN!"

Lexi@crystyll hits her intercom, "There! You bunch of spineless Saurians, I'm going hunter hunting. Now get your asses back up here and man these stations before I /do/ get tempted to decorate the wings with you!"

Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
3 Likes