10 Oct: Old allies, old feuds

Reinforcements from task force Hurq Mevik and allies meet with the head of the House Woldan to discuss further actions…

Shift Time: Sunday, Oct 10, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Social RP

Starting Point: Starship bridge

GM: @gulremal

Meeting transcript

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Two days have passed since the battle at the Traelus system, where the team defeated the Na’kuhl mercenaries that tried to take over the listening post for House K’lek.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (and yet it seems so much longer… ;) )

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> The team and the Woldan ships, commanded by House leader Lagos on the House flagship IKS Malpara, relocated to the Wol system close to the center of the Ba’aja sector, where they docked at Firebase 47.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: The space station has an unique design compared to standard klingon military bases, being donut shaped with a single command tower. After short rest, the team gathers to meet with house leader Lagos. A mountain of klingon is almost aways at his side, his cousin and House Gin’tak, Woruth.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/sto_gamepedia/images/0/0b/Woruth.png/revision/latest?cb=20200701204849

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Table itself has food and drinks, with holographic maps and reports scrolling on the plasteel screens above it.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: looks at everyone gathered and nods Again, I thank you for your timely arrival. I must say I did not expect Na’kuhl involvement, but they will think twice to cross our path again!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Got that right.”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “It was more of a fight than those old relics they used on us the last time we faced them! They’re not terrible for mercenaries,” she grins across at Egzo, “But they’re not as good as ours!”.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: , predictably, already has a (half-empty) mug of bloodwine close at hand.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: With the complete chaos we have going on, everyone is trying to get any edge they can. grunts Before this is over, I have a feeling we’ll see even wierder thing then Na’kuhl mercenaries.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: nods to that, and has another swig of the bloodwine.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I must admit, I have never seen such a failure of a government to maintain it’s responsibilities. Klingon infighting was always a thing, but since the formation of the Empire, never did the High Council cease to exist. Nor did the usual network of alliances between the Houses dissolve so quickly to prevent any kind of reformation or any modicum of joint interest.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: squints at alla them big words.

[Local,Emote] B’Atar@anncarise: munches on some food, “The Empire doesn’t usually do well when things start settling into peacetime across the galaxy. We’re warriors, after all. Wouldn’t surprise me if J’mpok /let/ this devolve since he got much of his support from rallying us to war in the first place. Though I’ve got a feeling it’s slipped outside his control now.”.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: grunts and nods to B’Atar, across the table - /that/ sort of thing he understands better.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I am completely stumped at his course of action. I did not expect that his support was so eroded that he tried to wipe the Khitomer alliance just to get to J’ula. In the end, we have two contenders most of the Houses can’t stand at this point, yet no other neutral House can gather enough support to put their candidate forth. Martok has, against all odds, sided with J’ula, and Jarod of reformed Duras has died defending J’mpok even as he unleashed that bioweapon on the ancestral halls of Khitomer. Madness, I tell you!

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: makes an affirmative noise into his mug as he drains the dregs and sets it back on the table.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Well, at least there /are/ clear sides, and not scheming in the shadows. I suppose the fact that neither side’s a good choice is just how politics are sometimes…”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Both choices are as appealing as eating a tholian lava cactus.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: nods again. “S’why I try t’ stay out of 'em. Leave that sort of thing to you 'n Sadia.” To Lagos: “She said she’ll be here innabout a week, by the way. Maybe a day sooner.”

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Mmm, asbestos and crystal shard “spines”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: No wonder most of the Houses have opted for wait and see approach. to Egzo That’s good news. We might need reinforcements for the next sortie as it is.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Which is…?”

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: takes a large sip of his bloodwine House of Woldan has few allies in these turbulent times. One of them is House Sorzal. Sorzal are known as one of Houses with long shipbuilding tradition, and we have almost exclusively ordered new ships and ship refits from them.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Even with this chaos, they have kept their end of the deal and have continued to provide their services. However, others might see the opportunity to…help themselves to “free” ships while Sorzal defenses get drawn elsewhere. he presses some buttons on the console in his char and a map of local space with one system blinking appears

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Egzo somehow summons enough tact not to add, “I would.” I mean, he may still!

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Hahaha

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Sorzal has one of the largest ship repair and refit facilities in Ba’aja sector located in the Udran system. More than two dozen vessels are currently there undergoing repairs and modifications.

[Local,Emote] B’Atar@anncarise: nods, “You want us to make sure it’s secure, I’m guessing.”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Sorzal do have sizeable automated defense system set up around the facility, which is now fully operational as their mobile defenses were recalled to defend their main shipyards. Our scouts have detected a sizeable group of orion and lethean mercenaries gathering in the adjacent system. With the current rate of mustering, they will have enough forces to overpower the automated defenses within 7 days.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: 's response is to pour himself more bloodwine.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I have no intention to let this happen, especially since there are six of our vessels undergoing refits there. These mercs will most likely try to snatch any warp capable ship, and cripple the rest.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “They sided with anyone, or is this just opportunistic piracy?”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: No idea so far…many Houses employ both groups, but if they manage to get even half of those ships, they will have easy buyers.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: We will head out tomorrow and reinforce the shipyard’s defenses. I doubt this will dissuade the mercs, but once casualties start mounting they will have to retreat.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: nods again, to all of that.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I was also told this automated defense system is very efficient. It will be interesting to observe how it works - and I hope it amounts to something!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: But if it doesn’t, and we are forced to fall back, we must ensure these mercs do not lay hands on our ships in the drydocks…by any means necessary.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: “Like, stealin’ and scuttlin’ 'em ourselves?”

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: grins tuskily over the top of his mug.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Sparrow, cheerfully: “Pirate!”

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Depending in what state of repair they are, and in what state are our own ships. But yes, recover if possible, scuttle if not.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I will bring two squadrons and my own flagship, and we will form the main defense line. Depending on the situation on the field, your squadron will act as disrupting element.

[Local,Emote] B’Atar@anncarise: nods, “We’ll make sure they don’t get to the shipyard.”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: It will also fall on you to scuttle the ships if things go badly. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sorzal have their own failsafe measures, but better to be on the safe side.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: That is all I have for now. Do you have anything to ask?

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: looks around the table.

[Local,Emote] Aestae Vali@crystyll: shakes her head.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “These Letheans, any chance they can use their mind powers against us? Or is that only a threat if we get boarded?”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Letheans are a secretive lot. But we have yet to observe any kind of psychic starship weaponry. I guess their mental powers work only on short range.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Well, I don’t plan on getting boarded anyways, so shouldn’t be an issue.”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Their destroyers are no slouches in any case.

[Local,Emote] Egzo@HF_Mudd: speaks up: “Can I get the replicator pattern for these meatballs?”

[Local,Emote] B’Atar@anncarise: laughs at Egzo’s question, “Yes, they /are/ good meatballs.”.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: laughs My cook will rather die than allow his recipes end up in the replicator. You will have to curry his favor to get more!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: Aside from that, services of this facility are open to you. My quartermaster will see that you are given priority to repairs and supplies.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: If you require anything else, my Gin’tak will see to it. nods to the klingon standing to his right, who nods in return

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lagos: I will see you in orbit tomorrow 11:00 hours local time. Qapla’!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: – SCENE END –

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Egzo asking the Important Questions.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (but also letting others have a chance first :)

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: of course, never know when a bag of meatballs could get handy :)

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Yeah!

1 Like