11 Aug: Staff meeting?

Captain Cynis gathers her trusted officers and allies to discuss the current events and future plans...in a bit of informal beach setting.

--

When: Sunday, Aug 11, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Risa summer event map

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
2 Likes
Spoiler: Meeting transcriptShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* I enjoy those races very much. Though I didn't have time to compete lately.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: I did one, but need a bit more practice.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Turns out bailing your officers outta trouble takes a lot of paperwork here.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg salutes Egzo.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Yeah, me neither.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Hey, Boss. Hunter.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Unfortunately it doesss.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to the others as he walks up.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, Egzo. How are you spending time?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Takin' a break from all that work ya was talkin' about, while I can.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Enjoyin' the sun, sand, drinks 'n babes.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: ... okay, so more the drinks than the babes.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: What, no nausicaan women around?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Not here.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Really? where are you people hiding them?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Back in the home sectors, mostly.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Not even a lotta Klingons. Feddie pleasure world, y'know?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: A few Orions, but... well, you know me 'n most Orions.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shrugs* Most of the klingons prefer hunting places. With real prey. Most of the crews usually go to Mal'laan or Chu'tul free hunting zones.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Ku'jho* Mal'laan is a tributary world, and Chu'tul is a first klingon colony in the Zenas Expanse.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks up from his padd.."Ah that will sssave me time on sssearching them then."..puts the padd away.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Anyway, like I said, this is nice, just t' get away from it all."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: I miss foundry...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Though I guess we do have some stuff to talk about today. Ah well."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, hope today's discussion won't take away much from your fun. Gotta go over the stuff that happened before the vacation started.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I'll probably disappear for a week or so before we return to the base. Have some...personal stuff to sort out.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: going home next weekend, so I most likely won't run anything

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: and I'll be coming back the sunday after that, so might not be around for two sundays it seems

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, tabadi! Hope you are having fun?

Lorri@crystyll stretches her arms out, "Quite. Never fail to find a few youngsters who have never seen real dancing before" she smiles

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All righty, let get the meeting started!

Sadia@gulremal sits in a chair.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg sits in a chair.

[Tell] Sadia@gulremal: ping

Egzo@HF_Mudd enters and takes a seat, popping the top off a fresh beverage.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chugs it, belches, you know the drill.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Okay, last time before my federation friends interrupted, we started talking about the Armory.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tabadi, what is the situation with recovered cardassian ships?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "The fleet has been relocated to the Narris shipyards where our people are now taking stock. Some vessels may be serviceable with work, but most will likely be stripped down to raw materials in +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + favour of extending the fleet's capacity of newer OSN design vessels"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* At least they'll be of some use, then. What about that ferengi who helped you out?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "He proved to be a capable asset and not entirely unreasonable in his business practices... for a Ferengi. I have engaged him in continued trade arrangements across the Zena's region, where he was +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + eager to stake a claim on salvage rights"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh, he'll be busy all right. Lots of stuff to salvage with all the fighting going on.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

Lorri@crystyll smirks a little, "Joke's on him though. He thought he was driving a hard bargain with his percentages, but compared to our pre-existing arrangement on average across the merchant fleet, we actually +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + gain a net saving in the process. Didn't let on to that little tidbit during negotiations though"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Good work there. Any ideas on how to boost the trade traffic with the homeworlds?

Lorri@crystyll hrms, "Perhaps. With the OSN fleet gaining strength we will be in a stronger position to monitor additional regions, potentially then able to open up new shipping routes. But that will be a while+

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + off yet..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We've got three tributary worlds, one colony and now two cardassian colonies under our control, plus some smaller outposts.

Egzo@HF_Mudd drains the rest of his drink and pitches the empty at the bin.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "There is another possibility I am still to look into"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We are growing and logistical pressure is starting to build up.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 68 (1-100)

Egzo@HF_Mudd <FX> *clunk* Two points!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles at egzo* Any news regarding new pirate groups in our area?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "That is arguably connected to my alternative avenue of inquiry" she chuckles, watching the pitch as well

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Removal of True Way and the Alarian/Breen conflict will definitely bring in more..."opportunists".

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "And the end'a our Hirogen troubles... I hope."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Still ain't sure that the Alpha got it in that fight, but if he didn't, well, he ain't gonna be an Alpha much longer. Not after gettin' his ship shot out from under him."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Ku'jho.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "So, we can cross that off our list, for now."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "As for new recruits, that was at the top for me when we got back."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "With some things settlin', it's a good time t' take stock."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Very well. Keep an eye on any new troublemakers, I doubt things will stay silent for long.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Ku'jho* Captain, with all the chaos, I never managed to ask you if you have any news from the heart of the Empire. It has been a while since I visited Qo'nos.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd beams down just outside the entrance.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Under Jm'pok it continuesss to be ssstagnant. Though the Houssse of Martok ssseemsss clossse to ready for a posssible move. Nothing of absssolute certainty though.-

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: -if that occursss though, we could sssee more asssissst with the Expanssse.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "hm. be nice."

Egzo@HF_Mudd glances to Sadia.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hm, J'mpok did call many of the outlying defenses back to the Empire. Only reason we weren't hit - at least not significantly - was because we were already low on the list of priorities.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd glances around for a moment before stepping inside.

Lorri@crystyll dips her head with a smile to the new arrival, "Tabadi, good of you to join us"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Unfortunately yesss. <motions to Kayd to take the empty seat>

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Our assistance to Martok's Gamma Quadrant expedition did not go unnoticed. But it will take some time before we can expect any favors.

Istar@anncarise nods and smiles back, "I heard we were having a meeting here."

Istar@anncarise takes the empty seat.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh, welcome. Do join us. Did you meet our new task force member?

Istar@anncarise looks up to the large Gorn, "Don't believe I have yet."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg gives a salute..."Warhunter Ku'jho. Captaining the IKSSS G'Quan martok tactical battlecruissser. A pleasssure."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg salutes Istar.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Tabadi Kayd, head of OSN cyberwarfare. Also in charge of the SNV Kayeri Vaj."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Kayd* Any news on your front, tabadi?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Quite a bit. Got in touch with the contact in Klingon Intelligence earlier. They've taken out the Nausicaan Eye."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Nice."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tabadi, that's good news, though maybe you should provide some background info for Ku'jho.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "It's a complicated situation, and I think it's just gotten more complicated. The Scryer Network's an underground information market, complete with their own eyes and ears in a lot of places."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg listens closely.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Previously, we thought the Network was something relatively new, formed by its leader the Scryer, who we've identified as an ex-Obsidian Order agent who went freelance after the Dominion War."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *opens the egg-lamp looking thingy, and presses some buttons on the small control board, outside sounds being almost completely shut down*

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: time to activate some surveillance blockin

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Apparently, that's what they /want/ us to think. New intel suggests that the Network's always been around for as long as anybody knows. Nobody has any idea when it was formed, but it wasn't recent."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Did sssomeone consssult with Councilor Garak? He wasss a former odsssi order man himssself and may know.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Kayd* Interesting...any traces to it's origins? If it is hundreds of years old, that might reduce the list...

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "It might not even have been started by a species that's still around today. It was active at the height of the Gorn Empire."

Egzo@HF_Mudd hms again.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods .."Interesssting. It would take a ssspeciesss with a long life ssspan to keep it going to thisss degree. Gorn, El-Aurian, to name a few."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So you think it might be much more of at threat than you originally predicted?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *a threat

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "It may transcend individual species entirely. Certainly spanning a much larger region, at least according to our latest intelligence from the frontier which I'm yet to look into"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods agreeeingly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, that puts us exactly where?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Exactly. And I don't think it's more of a threat, our new intel might let us make short work of it. But I don't think we should destroy it."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Ya don't?"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Could be of ussse to the Privateersss and the Empire.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "It's puts us in the same old position of not knowing as much as we'd like" nods to Kayd and Ku'jho

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "It's been around for as long as any legitimate government. It would be like blowing up the High Council chamber or taking out the Federation president."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "It's gonna have reprocussions and we don't know how big the changes might go."

Istar@anncarise nods to Ku'jho, "He has the right idea. I think we need it on our side."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Tabadi Noveis recently reported back to us on the discovery of Scryer Network presence to galactic south of us in a newly discovered region. Ever heard of a planet dubbed 'Underworld'?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* I will admit, that's an omnious name.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And no, I must say I didn't.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Only in old Syndicate reports."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "The planet's proper name is Carr, it's about four sector blocks south of the expanse. What is interesting about it however, is that the native Carrans operate an extensive trade hub from there and +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + utilize subspace corridors to deploay around the quadrant. Also noted of presence there is a Carran Eye of the Scryer Network who is reportedly more 'grounded' than previously encountered Eyes"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "That matches what I've been hearing. Most of the Eyes of the species we're familiar with have been replaced by the current Scryer's inner circle. But not the whole Network agrees with him."

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Apparently, their old timers think he's too aggressive."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hm, that is all too familiar, with D'ian and the Syndicate...

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks and nods.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Does look like a pretty similar dynamic."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: And with our own Black.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Syndicate has a presence there too apparently. I'm looking into making contact with the Carran's, maybe take an expedition to this 'Underworld' to gather more info for ourselves"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, there are parts of the Scryer Network that do not support the new Scyrer and might be willing to cooperate?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "May well be" she nods

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: That would give usss a tactical advantage in the expanssse.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "And the best part is, our new intel suggests most people in the Network, even other Eyes, don't even know who the sitting Scryer is."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Very well, we will definitely help with that - when do you plan to visit this place?

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "All the ones we've met do because they were part of his inner circle. The old timers, they didn't figure it out until his methods started deviating from their norm."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Uncertain yet. It may take some time to establish contact and secure passage. The planet is too far to reasonably travel so we will have to secure passage on a Carran transport"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Which means if we get to the Scryer, we can plant a new one, long as they stay within the organization's limits."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Very ambitious, but will definitely pay out in the long run if it succeeds.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "The /real/ long run, maybe."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I believe so" she nods, "and I will keep you informed as and when I make headway with the expedition"

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: in other words, yes we have scope to run a story arc with this but i need to think it out first xD

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Heh.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: dangling a carrot, so early

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Bah! Thinking overrated just do eeet!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: cruel :)

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "The Network seems to be going on the defensive now, so we've got time. No sign of any House V'Ku activity after our last encounter."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Very well...you mentioned subspace corridors?

Lorri@crystyll nods, "Yes, it's the Carran's primary resource and tightly guarded secret"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And their planet is hidden within the subspace?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "No, I don't believe so. It is just too far away to reasonably travel to by traditional means. Noveis is accompanying an exploratory expedition led by Starfleet. I believe one of your own assets was +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + assigned to it as well - the QanwI'?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I didn't hear from captain Lexi in a while.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I do not know if she is within reach of Noveis, but will inquire the next time we have communications. They are now well beyond the subspace comms network so we only get a few days every 6-8 weeks +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + where we have contact"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I definitely hope they are doing well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, there's some stuff for me to relay to you.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I had a talk with Detapa Council delegation, regarding the cardie colonies that were run by NCR - True Way.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "oh HO."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And what'd they say?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In the end, deal is like this: we will let any cardassians willing to return to the Union do so, with the Union being responsible for the logistics.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They have 3 months to do so, and we will keep peace and take over fully once this grace period is over,

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: This leaves colonies of Tiani, Sarayn and 5 smaller outposts in our control. I spoke with the Latima, and she will resume her position of the magistrate of the Tiani Prime.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sarayn system, the mining and industrial center of the NCR, will require some infrastructure work to bring it up to the imperial specs, but rest of the colonies won't need much intervention - aside -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - from setting up the military outposts.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I also threw in Gul Lamar into the deal. Union will need a scapegoat for all the mess.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In the end, we are getting another industrial and a farming world to support our efforts, though it will require additional defenses and patrols to be set up. I expected Thot Kreel to make a move,

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - but Fenrisal Breen have been awfully silent as of late.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That will need to be investigated as soon as possible. Kreel is usually not so passive, and this is troubling.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Aside from that, I did some background work, and we will be setting up a local military training facility - not in the scope of the usual Klingon Academy facilities, but we have to start somewhere.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: The task force, and the area it controls, have grown enough to support this - we cannot fully depend on the mainland and Houses to provide trained personnel.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "On the station, or one of the colonies?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd listens closely to the talk of a branch campus.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, far, we will have a base camp on Chu'tul, officer training on the base - as it's the onyl place with mililtary holodecks, and survival training on Chang's Mercy Prime, the demon-class planet our station orbits.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Actual on hands experience and final training will be handled on the KDF ships of the task force.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: This way we can provide practical training on the real ships - not just holodecks and 300 years old wrecks that now pass as "training vessels".

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: G'Quan and Daramar, being capital ships, can easily handle the practical training for many officers and troops.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg nods agreeingly.

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "That's a good idea. And takes advantage of having training facilities out on the edge of your territory."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: This will hopefully plug the problem of lack of warriors and officers that's been plaguing us from the beginnings.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, that's what I had for now. Anyone else has something to bring up?

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes neutrally, "An' leave ya less dependent on pirates 'n mercs."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Egzo* Hey, we won't forget you - mercs are always welcome, as long as they stick to the deal.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods slowly, eyes watching Sadia close and sharp.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: ( "I only ACT dumb, sister." - Plastic Man(!) )

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Come on, now. Even with more crews, we'll still need actual ships.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (And, ain't that always the way - the Empire gets bigger, the place gets all boring and 'civilized', the frontier moves further out. :wry: )

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyway, if that's all, I call the meeting closed! Enjoy the rest of the vacation!

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to that, relaxing a fraction.

Egzo@HF_Mudd does add, "Might do a deal with the OSN? They've got hulls, or parts of 'em, but are short on bodies right now."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg salutes Sadia.

Istar@anncarise smirks, "The OSN can always use someone of your skills."

Lorri@crystyll nods to Egzo, "A sound proposal"

Egzo@HF_Mudd blinks at Kayd. "What? I didn't mean /me/."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head. "Me workin' for Orions? Ain't happenin'."

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "I know. But we appreciate anyone capable you can send our way."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *chuckles* Well, I gotta go, people to call, academy to set up.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: See you folks later!

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods all around. "Right, right."

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Heading out asss well. Battlesss to be fought.

Lorri@crystyll waves, "Until next time"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Races to be won, eh?

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg salutes.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Yesss, sssomething like that.
1 Like