12 Dec: A season of discontent, part 1

KDF and allies investigate a sudden appearance of a well armed klingon rebel group in the Ba’aja sector.

Shift Time: Sunday, Dec 12, Alpha -1

Audience: KDF and allies

Event Type: Social RP, possible combat

Starting Point: Starship bridge

GM: @gulremal

1 Like

OOC: Due to family obligations, event is rescheduled for the next weekend.

Mission log

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The Team is underway to the Emerald Spire, a neutral trading station in the Klingon-Federation neutral zone, lose to Nausicaan space. They plan to meet with the station’s owner who has some info on the klingon rebel movement that suddenly sprung up in Ba’aja sector. Somewhere along the way…

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: We are receiving a distress call on an old military frequency.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Old? How old?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: Around 15 years, give or take a month.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “About the time of the Federation war, then. Probably not one of those flying relics the Mo’Kai are fielding. Let’s hear it.”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “If there’s anything to hear.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: The message is real time, captain, they just use the old frequency and encryption. Putting it on screen.

B’Atar@anncarise nods and leans forward.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Old looking klingon appears on the screen, his hair and lush beard have gone grey white. He wears red-painted uniform and sits in the captain’s chair of a larger ship of obvious klingon design.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> There is some smoke and spark and occasional movement behind.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Who is this?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> This is captain K’los of S.S. K’gor. We are under attack by house Mar’voga’s ships. We are on a mission of mercy, carrying medical supplies to Dokar system.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> If there are any KDF officers who still remember their duty, we are in the need of ass- message breaks up

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: Transmission is over, captain.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “House Mar’voga, who’re they sided with again?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Most of the local Houses in this sector support neither J’mpok nor J’ula. Mar’voga do have strong ties with the orion cartels, though.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Very morally…flexible House, I’d say.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Sounds more like pirates than honorable warriors. Let’s go drive them off.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Very well. We stay under cloak or?

B’Atar@anncarise nods, “For now. Any record of the K’gor and Captain K’los? Does he seem like someone honourable, or the type of person who might play along with a pirate trap?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: Lieutenant K’los, son of S’na. He served 5 tours of duty in KDF. He left the service 10 years ago and started a frieght company

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: Not black marks on his record, though he was refused twice for the promotion.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: Wow. Whom did he piss off to get passed twice?

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Could just be a superior who didn’t get along with him. Looks like a clean record otherwise, though.”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Doesn’t seem like a pirate trap, but we’ll help him out and see where it goes.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> 15-ish minutes later, The Team arrives close to the location of the last transmission. Their sensors easily locate the S.S. K’gor, a massive LI’wI’ class colony ship refurbished into a heavy freighter. And even with passive sensors, ship is definitely not your usual civvie freighter variety.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: Freighter shields are at 25%, warp drive looks disabled, engines on 50%. They have operational disruptor arrays.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “And the attackers?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As you observe on the main screen, a bird of prey decloaks on the freighter starboard bow, fires a couple disruptor shots, narrowly evading a disruptor beam before recloaking.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: Aside from that…B’rel class refit, no visible hostiles…we’ll need to decloak and do a antiproton sweep if we want a chance to flush other cloaked ships, if they are there.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: We are cloaked, they are cloaked. This will be a game of mouse…and mouse.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chimes in: <C> If they haven’t managed to disarm or finish that big beast yet, either he’s a wily old grishnar, or they’re just awful.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Let’s play hide and seek, then. We move in beside the freighter. Next time another attacker decloaks, Hag’Ihr can go in and engage. Hopefully shoot it down or prevent them from recloaking.”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “See if that draws another out, and if it does, San’leth’ll engage, and so on.”

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> You got it.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “We don’t show our full hand until we’ve drawn out as many as we can. Then, if we’re all decloaked or if it looks clear, we can do an AP sweep to check if there’s more.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Bara: That “freighter” definitely got some upgrades… that’s military grade shielding, no way they’d last this long even against a single bird if they were civilian crap.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Squadron moves closer to the frieghter…and not long afterwards, bird of prey decloaks from another angle, taking couple of shots at the freighter.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Egzo, time to dance!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: K’gor shields at 20%!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Goin’ in!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: emote and gimme a roll :)

Egzo@HF_Mudd | Hag’lhr decloaks and fires at the attacking bird before it can vanish again.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 13 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: I figured something like that. Short window and out of position. :(

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: so a low roll actually fits.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: freighter appearance: LI'wI' class | Memory Beta, non-canon Star Trek Wiki | Fandom

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag’lhr’s fire passes right through the bird of prey, which “dissipates” as two more BoP’s appear, one at Hag’lhr’s back and one to it’s front right! (2 and 6 o’clock respectively, if I got that right)

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Blast! Evade!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> BoP at Hag’lhr’s back grabs it with a tractor beam, while one at the front blasts the Hag’lhr with disruptor bolts, dropping it’s shields to 50%

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – ROUND 1 –

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – B’atar’s action –

B’Atar@anncarise | San’leth darts into action, decloaking behind one of the new BoPs and opening fire.

[Emotes] B’Atar@anncarise: rolls 4 (1-100)

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Wow

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: These rolls

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: I will reroll!

[Emotes] B’Atar@anncarise: rolls 21 (1-100)

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Not great…but at least it’s not a 4 hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San’leth moves behind the BoP that is behind Hag’lhr and opens fire. BoP’s pilot does a barrel roll and most of shots miss, BoP taking only minor damage to aft shields.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: this is now BoP 1. BoP 2 is the one in front of Hag’lhr.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: Both birds of prey are also B’rel refits, and neither has the signature of the first one we saw attacking the freighter.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – Aestae’s action –

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “They know how to fly…what happened with that first one, anyways? Looks like Hag’Ihr’s shots should’ve hit it. Sensor illusion or something?”

Aestae Vali@crystyll | Morakos joins the frey, dashing between bop2 and Hah’lhr with a spread of disruptor fire to break their line of sight and force them out.

[Emotes] Aestae Vali@crystyll: rolls 21 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: I wouldn’t put it past Mar’voga, They are known for their brutality and their cunning.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Morakos sprays the front of BoP 2 with disruptor fire, dropping their shields down to 75%, but failing to force the enemy to break off.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – Egzo’s action –

Egzo@HF_Mudd roars, “I said EVADE! Break that damn tractor!” His talented helmcat attempts to comply.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 41 (1-100)

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Finally we get a semi decent roll! hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Fully focusing on the evasion, Hag’lhr manages to barely break free of the tractor beam.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Barut flanks the BoP 2, decloaks and fires!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 57 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Barut’s fire puts more strain on BoP 2 shields which drop to 40%, this time forcing the enemy to break off from pursuing Hag’lhr.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-unknown> There’s more of them?! All ships, break off and disengage!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Both BoPs speed up away from the battle and engage cloak…

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Sounds like they’re trying to run. Time for that antiproton pulse.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> SS K’gor fires couple of beam shots but to no effect.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: enemy ships escape vectors are too far apart, which one you want to target?

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: "Go with the most damaged one. We got the best chance of taking that down.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – ROUND 2 –

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – B’atar’s action –

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tac officer: Firing antiproton sweep…now!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: a roll, plox

[Emotes] B’Atar@anncarise: rolls 41 (1-100)

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Wow the rolls today

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Who is stealing our spots! hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Antiproton sweep targets the area of BoP 2 escape vector, and it manages to catch the escaping ship, dropping it’s cloak. However, not one but 3 identical BoP’s appear on sensors

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – Aestae’s action –

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “What the…more sensor tricks?”

Egzo@HF_Mudd announces to no one in particular, <C> Trap.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Or that.”

Aestae Vali@crystyll | targets the nearest one with disruptors, mostly to test if it’s real or not without wasting heavy weapons.

[Emotes] Aestae Vali@crystyll: rolls 14 (1-100)

[Emotes] Aestae Vali@crystyll: rolls 40 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> All 3 BoP’s perform the barrel roll. It was very effective, as they evade the shots.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: The SAME barrel roll? in sync? :p

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Or not. The last hit hits the central BoP and it dissipates

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – Egzo’s action –

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: yep, now there’s 2 BoP 2s, flying in perfect unison

Egzo@HF_Mudd | Hag’lhr targets and fires at one of those remaining, disruptors only. (Egzo expects at least a 50/50 chance it too will be a ghost, but shrug)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 69 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: …

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Odd/even?

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: if it matters, odd

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 73 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As luck would have it, Hag’lhr’s disruptors hit the unshielded BoP 2 aft section, causing a warp core breach.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Egzo: of course I knew it was the right one. Experience, you know.

[Team] B’Atar@anncarise: Hehe

Egzo@HF_Mudd 's response is a flat “Huh” as he watches the enemy bird explode on his screen.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C- Unknown> Fires of Grethor take you! I don’t know who you are, but soon I will, and you will pay for crossing House Mar’voga!

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Nice shot!”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Barut performs another antiproton sweep in an attempt to catch BoP 1, to no success.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Comm officer: SS K’gor is hailing us.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Put them through.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Face of captain K’los appears on the screen, laughing.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-K’los> I don’t know who you are, but you just made my day! These petaQs were chasing me across half the sector, greedy bastards!

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “That persistent? Glad we drove them off, then! How’s your ship, Captain K’los?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-K’los> Some minor damage to engines, and one of the warp coils got knocked out of alignment. Nothing a day of repairs won’t fix.

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Think they’ll come back to strike while you’re doing repairs?”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-K’los> “Commander” Rutuq and his thugs thought me easy prey, until I caught one of his birds with tractor beam and smashed it with my forward beam banks. They got cautious afterwards.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-K’los> Within a day? I doubt so, but Mar’voga are a tricky lot. But with you around, I doubt he’ll try anything without getting reinforcements.

B’Atar@anncarise looks to Egzo, “Should we keep overwatch while the freighter performs repairs, then? We’ve got a mission, but I think we could spare a day.”

[Local] B’Atar@anncarise: “Could send some of our people over to make it faster, too.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-K’los> Anyhow, we should celebrate this victory! Once the most critical repairs are done, will you lot join me for a dinner?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Overwatch, yeah. Dinner? Ah, all right.

B’Atar@anncarise grins, “Sounds good to me.”

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-K’los> Excellent! No better time than to break open a barrel of wintage bloodwine! See you in an hour! K’los out.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: – SCENE END –

1 Like