12 Jul: Staff meeting

Captain Cynis gathers her trusted officers and allies to discuss the current events and future plans.

--

When: Sunday, Jul 12, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Fleet starbase

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
//OOC: gotta move this event for next week sadly, I've go unexpected RL obligation come up for this evening and I won't be able to run anything. Sorry about this!
Spoiler: Staff meeting transcriptShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Egzo as she unceremoniously slumps in her seat* Ugh, what a week.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, and after a moment's consideration, offers the bottle of whatever he's having in that mug.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she takes the offered bottle, uncorks it and fills the rest of the bottle in her own mug* Please tell me you had a better time.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well, we /didn't/ get killed by robot mummies, or sucked into a black hole..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "That's somethin', I guess."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Robot mummies, you say? I tried to get pry some info from Bara, but she didn't even want to talk to me for some reason.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Most of 'em was more like... wired-up skeletons. All dried up, y'know? Hardly any meat left on 'em, just motors and circuits and bones."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Some people do /weird/ stuff with their dead."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *frowns* That's quite troublesome...we don't need someone reverse engineering that tech and becoming new borg.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, speakin' of... once we dealt with /them/, we hadda fight that half-borged Klingon, V'ku. He was a /tough/ cutter."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Damned hard to even hit, let alone put down."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Damn. That must've been quite a fight. And the reason Bara isn't responding to my calls, I guess.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Lorri as she arrives* Tabadi. I was just hearing about the big fight you had.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to another tabadi as she enters*

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Of course"

Istar@anncarise | Kayd steps into the meeting room not long after Lorri, nodding back to Sadia before taking a seat.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All righty! We've all gathered, so we can start the official part of the meeting.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, checking his PADD.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I'll start with my report. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to secure immediate access to the Imperal Forge. My plea for an audience with High Council didn't pass through, so I was forced to ...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: .. pester the councillors individually, and no one was willing to hand over their place in the line for the Forge services. Aside from securing some pledges for military assistance, we'll have to -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - wait in the line like the rest.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grumbles but nods. "Figures."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: On the other side, the rail cannon you secured is in final stages of installation to the Daramar's* lower hull. The engineers are installing the additional heat sinks for the barrel, and we'll be -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - doing the weapon test tomorrow, if all goes according to the schedule.

[Emotes] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: Qapla', Sadia!

Kodon@Nitroglycerin salutes Sadia with respect.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins as big klingon walks in* Kodon! *returns salute* Glad you could join us.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks up as Kodon enters the conference room. "Hey, old man."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods across to Kodon as he arrives.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: I only wish I could join you sooner.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin returns the nod.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I do have some other things to speak of, but this is what's currently most important for our operations. We've got the railgun and the ammo to breach Scryer's fortress.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin punches Egzo on the shoulder in greeting, avoiding puncturing himself on the spikes this time.

[Team] Istar@anncarise: Hahaha

Egzo@HF_Mudd notices, and grins.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Egzo informed me that you've dealt with V'Ku and his minions?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "That we have. I got news from the research into the ruins, but Lorri and Egzo are probably better to update you on the more exciting parts of the mission."

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts and takes a pull from his mug at the mention of "excitement".

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, seems you had a rough fight. Even Bara isn't returning my calls. What exactly happened?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Kodon, do you remember when were you around the last time?

[Team] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: Yup!

[Team] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: When we were going after the rail gun

[Team] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: and had to fight the drones

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Well long story short, the dead bodies in the ruins started walking and attacking my people. Turns out V'Ku was behind it, using an old virus that destroyed the civilization to -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - reactivate the cybernetic skeletons and other defenses down there."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And runnin' the whole thing from a cloaked ship in orbit." He grins nastily: "We blew it up."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods, "He didn't go down easy, but he went down in the end."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "He and a few of his cutters beamed down, to fight us on the ground... took all of us, all we had, to put him down."

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: Sounds like the last batch of bloodwine, HAW!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* He was finally laid to rest, and we have one thorn less in our side. *to Kayd* Did the ruin itself yield any useful information?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Yeah, there was some data on that station of theirs. Mostly, it confirms what we suspected. It's designed to collect energy and use it to counterattack. Whoever designed it didn't -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - consider punching a hole through it with solid neutronium, so the railgun'll work."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd taps her wrist and the holoprojections along her body shifts to her palm to form a small display of the station, "We got a little more detail to work with now, too."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *leans forward to inspect the holoimage*

Istar@anncarise | Kayd taps again and a red dot starts flashing on the display, "It's far from a full schematic, but we know where the central reactor of the station is positioned."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Now there's two ways we can approach this. If a single shot penetrates the hull and into the reactor, that should be enough to level most of the station. It's quick and safe. But..."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd taps yet again and two different dots flash nearby, "If we hit these two positions, we should cut off the primary power flow to the station, essentially crippling everything. Transporters -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - won't work through the station, but we might be able to send boarding parties through the breach."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "It's gonna be risky, and when the Scryer realizes it's game over, he'll probably try to overload the reactor anyways, so the teams'll be on a time limit. But this way, we might be able -

[Local] Istar@anncarise: - to get some of the vast amounts of intel the Network's collected over the years."

Egzo@HF_Mudd hrmms, considering both the hologram and the possibilities.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Most of the intel's probably out there somewhere, but scattered through the different cells. This is the only chance to grab what we want from the heart of the network."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: No way I'm letting him of the hook that easy...if we fit the signal booster at the aft of the neutronium shell, will that be enough to beam inside?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "If you can keep it from getting damaged, I think so. Even then, the teams'll have to be close to the booster to beam back out. Same with shuttle insertion."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* No loss in trying. If anything, if it's too dangerous we can simply beam in more explosives.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: However, assault shuttles are still our main way in.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Once the rail cannon makes the openings, armored assault shuttles with our best troops will move inside. I will lead the attack myself.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Uh, rest of you is welcome to join in, of course.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd nods, "I'd rely more on shuttles myself too. Transporter accidents aren't a good way to go. Especially not for a Klingon warrior, I'd imagine."

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: "A death in the line of duty is an honorable death, but a transporter accident isn't the glorious end most wish for."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Generally, this is the plan - we deploy assault shuttles under cloak, wait for the rail cannon to punch the holes in the station, and then decloak and rush inside with the shuttles.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We secure the entry points and start shuttling and/or beaming in reinforcements.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Main targets should be the station's main engineering/reactor core, computer core and the command center.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Considering the lack of detailed inside info, we'll deal with the specific on the field.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Kayd* How is the blockade holding up? Did Scryer manage to secure any reinforcements or supplies?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd shakes her head, "I think the Scryer's finally out of friends. That AI ship he's got is still out there somewhere, but so far we have no sightings of it."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Doesn't take a tactical genius to see the Scryer's backed into a corner and on the losing side here. I don't think anyone'll be coming to his rescue."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We must expect they will make an appearance, unless there's a way to get rid of them beforehand?

Istar@anncarise | Kayd shakes her head, "It's got a cloak. It could be anywhere by now."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, we should do some antiproton sweeps of the area before we commit the rail cannon to firing, last thing we need for that AI ship to try and tank the shots.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We have a limited ammo - I mean, it is retrieveable, but not during the fight.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods grimly.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "Good call. So far AP and tachyon sweeps haven't revealed anything, but it's not impossible that the Scryer's got allies cloaked out of range."

Kodon@Nitroglycerin grins, "Could always send a few quantum torepedoes ahead of the path of the rail gun shot. That would clear out any cloaked ships."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* We can definitely expect last ditch resistance. But we should have enough firepower to chase them off.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Kodon* The station's armor can soak up any explosion and release it back at us. It would be good idea in general.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But if general stuff worked, we wouldn't need an rail cannon *mutters*.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, that's the general plan. Does anyone have any other ideas that could help with this?

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: Have the torpedoes detonate before striking the station. We're just trying to flush targs out of the bushes, after all.

[Local] Kodon@Nitroglycerin: That might actually make it more effective.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods at Kodon* Well, you'll have the honors, then.

Kodon@Nitroglycerin returns the nod.

Istar@anncarise | Kayd: "That's all I got. There's more we learned from the ruins, but that's more for the historical records than anything relevant to the Scryer."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In that case, then plan is settled. Does anyone else have anything to bring up for discussion?

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head, "Not me."

Istar@anncarise | Kayd shakes her head as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In that case, the staff meeting is officially over.
1 Like