12 May: Farewell party

A farewell party for a valued task force member is being held at the popular starbase bar...

--

When: Sunday, May 12, Beta -1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Fleet Starbase

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
3 Likes
May 12?
Thanks, changed!
Spoiler: PARTY!Show
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, Egzo! Glad you could make it!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, not like I'm gonna miss a party! Though if I knew you were gonna get dressed up..."

Lexi@crystyll looks around, "Don't tell me you were going to wear a slinky dress too. Because... then I really would feel like I'm missing out..."

B'Atar@anncarise steps up to the bar as well, "Think he'd fit in very well!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts. "Nah. But I mighta put on a clean shirt, 'n left off the armor."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Maybe."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Soon, bartender and other servants start taking out tables with food and drinks, and start setting them around the bloodwine fountain.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles at B'Atar. "Yeah, me an' all you fine ladies..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Y'know you're leavin' me with just the boss--" a nod to Sadia "-- an' the Old Man."

Egzo@HF_Mudd makes a face. "And Shecky. And... that /hew-mon/. Hawkins."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah, seems stuff is getting ready!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Let's start!

Egzo@HF_Mudd turns and follows Sadia.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Good plan!" she grins, following the boss

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Wow the bloodwine looks so bright in lighting 2.0

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: among everything else that is super dark haha

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: It's like it's glowing

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: it does have it's quirks...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Lexi* We just refilled the fountain, I took out one of the older barrels I had, this Kriton 2258 vintage better be good.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "That's a good year. Had it... twice now."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "2258?" gives an impressed whistle, "Helluva way to make sure I know what I'll be missing!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Also, if you had any ideas for the holodeck, I had one of them secured for the evening.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I think the best idea generally require at least 3 barrels of bloodwine to start flowing..."

B'Atar@anncarise laughs, "Well said!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins and takes a mug* All right! *fills the mug and rises it*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hear! Hear!

B'Atar@anncarise takes and fills a mug as well.

Lexi@crystyll also fills her mug, raising it to the group

Egzo@HF_Mudd already has his mug filled, when did he do that?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Tonight, we gather to pay respect and wish good fortune to one of ours. A true warrior and a friend, she leaves to follow her destiny, -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - a next page in a story filled with betrayal, bloodshed and search for vengeance. A story that will be told by loremasters and sung in operas!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I, for one, am honored to have played a part, no matter how small, in this ongoing struggle. Lexi, thank you for your loyal service and your friendship. May this path you take bring you closer to an -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - end of the monumental task in front of you, and become a start of even greater things. In my name and the name of my crew, I salute you! *she starts downing her mug*

Lexi@crystyll smiles with a little humility, briefly considering an attempt at equally strong words, "Just... keep a barrel of this 2258 ready for the day I get back!"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye, it's been an honour to fight with you Lexi!" she downs her mug too.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *finishes her mug and wipes her mouth with another hand, so unladylike*

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "The honour has been mine, B'Atar - all of you!" reaches in for a refill

Egzo@HF_Mudd refills his mug as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Naaah, for that 2258 will not do! I'll probably had to raid Konjah's Reserve for 2238 at least!

Lexi@crystyll grins, "Now that's incentive if ever I heard it!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *coughs* Oh yes, before I get too deep in the bloodwine...

B'Atar@anncarise chuckles.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Can't have you leave without a parting gift, yes?

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Sadia.

Lexi@crystyll perks a brow suspiciously, "I swear if this is the part where someone tries to throw me in the fountain again, it will not end well..."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Someone's tried to do that?"

Lexi@crystyll smirks, "Emphasis on the 'tried'"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she takes a long box from below the table, puts it on the table and opens it, taking out a longsword - a tik'leth to be specific, set in a elaborate sheath*

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Of course, I was fully armoured then too, so didn't really care. But thanks to 'junior', I actually kind of like this... dress..." trails off, watching Sadia, turning to face her

B'Atar@anncarise grins before looking to Sadia as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: This blade was designed by klingon weaponsmith, crafted by best widrab forgemasters from the ores mined by d'rexian workers. It represents the spirit of H'urq Mevik - blade of the outsider - allied -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - by common purpose.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In the name of the entire task force, and all those we defend, I present you with this blade as recognition of your contributions to our cause.

Lexi@crystyll 's eyes widen as she looks over the exquisite blade. She bows her head, humbled as she is honoured, gliding a hand across it's surface before daring to lift it

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The handle and the sheath have symbols of the task force and other allied groups engraved with the ornamentation.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: [Nausicaan Tegolar Sword Mk XV [Dm/CritD] [Dmg]x4]

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: There! Weak is the gratitude if measured only in the words.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I know you are the bat'leth fan, but I think you already have your favorite there, yes?

Lexi@crystyll raises the blade, partially unsheathing it to admire the craftsmanship and balance better, "This is a fine weapon! All whose dishonour it vanquishes will know that Hurq Mevik strikes at them +

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: + from across the stars and without mercy!" she smiles, resheathing it, tracing a thumb across the insignia

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grins* Those words warm my heart. And very soon, so shall more bloodwine!

Lexi@crystyll grins at that, stowing the blade firmly through her fabric sash belt (she knew she wore that for a reason...), "To you, and Hurq Mevik, boss!" she toasts, raising her drink to Sadia

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she quickly refills her mug*

Egzo@HF_Mudd lifts his mug again for a toast to Sadia and the task force.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *lifts her mug* To Hurq Mevik!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: To Hurq Mevik!

B'Atar@anncarise raises her mug as well, "To Hurq Mevik!"

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: not many could pull off a longsword accessory with a little black dress xD

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Haha yeah!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *she takes couple big gulps but decides to pace herself a bit* Sooo, any details about the new deployment?

Lexi@crystyll grunts a little, and belches from another emptied mug, leaning in for a refill, "It's... an odd one for sure, and part of me-" she pats her stomach meaning 'junior', "-is quite excited for the +

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: + exploration" grimaces at the thought

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Exploration like Fed exploration, or exploration as in expansion?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "The Fed variant..." she groans, "Little one still remembers being a Captain with them before the ambassador. He was an explorer at heart, but served during the Iconian war so never got to it"

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "So officially, we're going out there to basically make sure Starfleet doesn't get all righteous and preachy about possession of what they find"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Unofficially though... I know the Empire wants intel on what lays beyond the borders; be it territory ripe for expansion, or would be enemies who need educating before they get stupid"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Federation and Empire - and Republic, I guess - are s'POSED to be equal partners in this alliance."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Yeah, all well and friendly until they all want something different"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah. Just sayin', the Feds don't get to have it all their way. Or first pick'a the good worlds."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Exactly why the Empire wanted a presence on this expedition. And everyone else for that matter..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "How big is this expedition? Whole allied fleet?"

Lexi@crystyll shakes her head, "Just the QanwI' and Valley Forge, far as I know"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *finishes her mug* Besides, that message stated that area of space was already visited by your house forces, so you might have some proper claims there.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Greenbloods sendin' anyone?"

B'Atar@anncarise looks to Lexi, curious of Egzo's question too.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Where is this expedition going, anyway?

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: rimward - galactic south - from alpha quadrant, into new territory

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: so... beyond the frontier into the great unknown

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Apparently so, but I've not heard any ship named yet"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: well, it's perfectly logical, as we have only small parts of alpha and beta quadrants explored at all

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Cards close to their chests and knives behind their backs, then. As usual."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh, they'll definitely be around...whether we know or not *refills her mug*

Lexi@crystyll nods to Sadia, "And that's the bit the KDF won't admit to openly. They lost a full expedition fleet out there way back - including the bulk of Dronurr's forces at the time - they want to know what +

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: + happened, and what the threat level is"

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: exactly why we picked that region xD

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Well, chancellor Mog'wa almost lost entire fleet sent to attack Breen to the Badlands, if it weren't for the Deferi help.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Just make sure you stop before the rimwall. If it's still out there."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Who knows what dangers lurk beyond the known space - and they might not be just the angry locals. Try not to wake up the local Korgasant! *drinks*

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Sadia, and drinks again.

B'Atar@anncarise chuckles, "Good advice!"

Lexi@crystyll smirks a little at that, gulping down her own drink, "If we can keep from tearing each other's throats on the way I think that will be half the battle!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And if ya can't, make sure it's you doin' the tearin'. And the stabbin'."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Damned straight!" raises her mug, taking another long gulp

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Huh, this bloodwine is kickin good!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I am not the best bloodwine drinker mind you, but damn! *refills her mug*

B'Atar@anncarise fills another mug as well, "This 2258 one is pretty good!"

Lexi@crystyll belches, "Yep... no arguments here"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh yes...you bringing your folks along?

Lexi@crystyll shakes her head, "Lady Dronurr is going to remain behind and continue her own lines of inquiry. She has a young heir to consider too after all"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I'll be leaving some of my most trusted warriors to see to them too, so they won't be a nuisance to you"

Lexi@crystyll groans, "Just means I had to plug the crew with freelancers" glances to Egzo, "None of yours boss, don't worry. All fresh hirelings"

Egzo@HF_Mudd was opening his mouth, but shuts it, and fills it with another drink of bloodwine instead.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Very well, they are free to stay around as long as they wish.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "You never know, as her connections build again she may even prove of use to you in time"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I will do what I can to help them out. There is enough land on Chu'tul so set a permanent settlement.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "She might argue the case. But my warriors will ensure she understands that it's not being shoved aside, should it go down so"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* I understand. *refills her mug*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Whew, I wonder will I be able to walk back to my room...

Lexi@crystyll smirks, "I thought it wasn't really a party unless you had to be carried - or dragged - out!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If I try to climb the dancing floor in an hour, feel free to knock me out! *gulps down the bloodwine*

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Or if I try to toss Lexi into the bloodwine..."

B'Atar@anncarise smirks.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles, and refills his mug again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I think bloodwine if better absorbed the usual way.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Now you're giving me ideas hehe

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Insects 'breathe' through their skin

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: (Which is why insecticides work as sprays)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: so I'm thinking of an insect race that gets drunk by bathing in alcohol or something...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Agreed boss!" gulps down her mugfull

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The party goes on long into the night...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/161311/lexiblade2.jpg

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: ^ the IC blade

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/161311/lexiblade.jpg

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: ^ complete with task force insignia
1 Like