13 Sep: Internal enemy never sleeps, part 4

KDF and allies are called to assist the Alliance forces in the attack on the Mo'kai facilities in Beta Lankal system.

--

When: Sunday, Sep 13, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Combat RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Officers gather at the bridge of IKS Daramar, where they are greeted by Sadia standing over the main screen / tactical display. Shore leave is over and everyone is preparing to head out back to -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Zenas Expanse, so these summons were a bit suprising...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to everyone gathered* Officers and allies, we've got work to do. But before I get into details, we've got a new captain within our ranks. *turns to Hach'Qo* Captain, please introduce yourselves.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to the unfamiliar Klingon.

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: "I am Hach'Qo, son of Bor'Tok, of the house Tu'vas, I command the Vo'devwl class Carrier, LI'taH.

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher looks around at the gathered officers "Do not worry, I will leave some honor in the coming battles to the rest of you."

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts. "Never mind honor, I'm just here for the fightin' and loot."

Lorri@crystyll eyerolls, "Yes, I don't think you have to worry about too much competition around here for those eager to run off and die gloriously. We're more interested in winning, generally"

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: "then you shall have it"

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher laughs at Lorri, "Indeed, While I someday hope to die gloriously in combat, first I would like to make sure my enemies do the same"

B'Atar@anncarise laughs, "I don't mind dying gloriously, but I prefer to live to see the fireworks of our enemies exploding."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *rises eyebrow at the rest of the team, waiting for them to introduce themselves*

Egzo@HF_Mudd notices Sadia's look. "Right. Captain Egzo, of the Hag'lhr."

Egzo@HF_Mudd offers his hand.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I am B'Atar, Daughter of K'Leth, of the House of Kator. I fly the San'leth- that's the little hybrid bird of prey."

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher looks at Egzo's extended hand and takes it slowly "You care nothing for honor, but you are a warrior. Do not cross me, and we will be able to work together"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Fair. You'll probably be talkin' with the Boss, mostly." A glance to Sadia. "I handle the mercs and pirates 'round here, so she don't have to."

Lorri@crystyll waves casually from the back, "Tabadi Lorri, commanding the Thana Vaneri"

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: ((how well known is house kator?))

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: ((not very, it's a minor house! Probably won't know about it unless you've had dealings with them before))

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher nods first to Lorri, and the to B'Atar "I look forward to witnessing the honor of house Kator, B'atar. Qa'pla!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Now, to the reason of our gathering...*the screen behind her turns to a map of a lifeless sufrace with distinctly klingon structures all around*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Captain Kagran from the Alliance command has issued a call to battle. Volunteers from all over the quandrant are gathering in Mempa sector for an attack on the Mo'kai facilities on the second moon -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - of Beta Lankal III. As we are two transwarp jumps and less than a day of travel away, we will join this action.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Map zooms in on, showing drydocking facilities holding vessels of old klingon designs in them.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: These drydocks were originally set up during the reconquest and expansion into Romulan space before the formation of New Romulan Republic. With the Gorn conflict and deterioration of the relations -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - with the Federation, most of the resources were moved towards the galacic west, and this place was mothballed. Now, Mo'kai is using it to upgrade their outdated vessel to modern standard.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Hadda be doin' it somewhere."

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher nods "A necessary move"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Considering this action does not have Empire's consent, our job is to secure the facilities and destroy Mo'kai forces and whoever is assisting them.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We can expect other House vessels to support the Mo'kai, though I doubt they will show their affiliation openly...yet.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Mo'kai have set up very strong turret defense network, and there are vessels patrolling the outskirts, visible and cloaked. Our specific target are six drydocks, designated alpha through epsilon.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Letters light up above each larger facility shown on map.

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: "And what of J'ula? and that subspace weapon of hers?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If we can catch enemy ships while yet in drydocks, all the better, but we were asked to keep the potential damage to facilies to minimum if possible.

Egzo@HF_Mudd squints at that "request".

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: ** meaning we will not rush to shut down all the facilities asap, to give us time to talk, we can use team chat for ic

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: As for J'ula, it's doubtful she will be around, but we can expect she has some of her high-ranking officers to oversee the area.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Regarding whatever secret weapon she might use, the facilities do have additional power generators, heavily defended in the valleys between the drydocks. It's far more power than needed for the -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - facilities at large, so we should keep an eye on those and take them out if they can't be secured.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Once all enemy opposition is defeated, KDF troops will arrive to secure the facility and mop up any remaining resistance. *she scowls* I'm honestly not sure why KDF isn't dealing with this directly.

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: Being in the KDF there are two thinkgs you should never expect, an explanation and competent command

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shrugs* Anyhow, my plan is as follows...Daramar an Ll'tah will spearhead the attack, drawing fire from the enemy defenses and taking them out.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: While we are drawing the attention of turrets and patrol ships, San'leth and Hag'lhr will utilize cloak to approach the drydocks and disable enemy ships. Once you clear a drydock, you fall back to -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Daramar and Ll'tah and repeat the process as we move to the next drydock. Thana Vaneri will provide support deal with any stragglers.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

B'Atar@anncarise nods as well, "Sounds like a plan to me."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We will move through drydocks according to their naming - Alpha, Beta, Gamma and so on. Depending on the enemy resistance, we will modify the plan on the spot, if possible.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Any objections or ideas to add to this?

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher shakes his head "It seems like a sound plan"

Egzo@HF_Mudd ponders the map s'more, and finally shakes his head. "Naw, I'm good."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In case enemy brings in some heavy reinforcements, we will deal with them on the spot, with similar strategy - Daramar and Ll'tah in front drawing fire and engaging capital ships, San'leth and Hag'lhr

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - engaging raiders and Thana Vaneri dealing with stragglers and providing support.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: No rushing, if we don't manage to clear out all the drydocks before enemy ships are up, no big deal. Better to deal with them with defense turrets taken out, than being caught in the crossfire.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If there are no questions, you are free to return to your ships and prepare for action.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles. "Let someone else have that 'honor', eh?"

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: "Qa'pla!

B'Atar@anncarise smirks, "Time to start this party."

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: **we will use this for IC, will have short introduction before we kick of the TFO

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, tossing a loose salute to Sadia and another to the ladies as he turns to go.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, what better way to end the shore leave, eh?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Half a day passes in travel and preparation before the team arrives at Beta Lankal system. There they are greeted by a small task force of alliance ships, headed by captain Kagran's AFS Khitomer

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <Kagran> To all Alliance vessels. We have confirmed heavy Mo'kai presence in the system at the locations that correspond to the old KDF facilities. All of you have been given details regarding their-

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: - targets. Hit them hard and fast, and victory will be ours. Qapla'!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> You heard him. Everyone ready?

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: <C> All set here, Captain!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, ready.

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: <C> Sure

[Team] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: <C> LI'taH ready, prepare to launch fighters

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> All ships descend to the second moon of Beta Lankal III at provided coordinates. Keep eyes on enemy patrols.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> They've detected us, prepare to move out.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Moving to Gamma.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Out of position for Delta, heading to Epsilon.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Heading to Delta.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Enemy reinforcements detected.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Detecting power surges from the generators.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> That's not good.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> The hell?

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> It's shielded. Take out the generators first, then the reactor.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Stay clear from the generators when they blow!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Ignore the walkers, focus on elachi ships and shield generators.

[Team] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: <C> Understood!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Something big is coming from the rift!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, on it!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Rift is closed.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Let's clean up.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Finish off the stragglers.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Good work everyone, enemy is in full retreat!

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> Did anyone suffer significant damage?

[Team] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: <C> Recalling fighters! The battle was glorious, songs shall be sung of this!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr got pounded pretty hard when we engaged that last walker. Gonna need repairs, maybe some yard time.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> But we can make it back okay.

[Team] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: <C> The LI'taH has suffered minor damage, some armor will need to be replaced"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: <C> If there's no critical damage sustained, debrief on my bridge in 15 minutes.

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher walks in carrying a few bottles of bloodwine "A glorious victory! We must celebrate, let those who fell hear our cheers in Sto'Vo'Kor"

Egzo@HF_Mudd holds out a hand for a bottle. "I'll drink to that."

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher passes egzo one of the bottles

Egzo@HF_Mudd removes the (cork? cap?) and takes a swig.

B'Atar@anncarise grins, "Aye, I'll drink to that as well!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Indeed, this was a great battle. Other teams also report success, so it was a complete victory. Some Mo'kai managed to run away, and this strange weapon that can bring in Elachi is troubling, but we-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - worked it out. I never seen an Elachi walker of such size before.

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher continues distributing bottles of bloodwine

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, that was a big 'un."

B'Atar@anncarise takes a bottle and has a swig as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *would take a bottle if offered*

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: "Indeed! nearly 5 kilometers tall it must have been. Yet it could not stand against the fury of the Klingon Empire!

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher hands a bottle to Sadia

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Wonder what it's even for. That much resources and they can easily build a ship. Or ten!"

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: It would be quite formidable within the atmosphere of a planet. Where ships cannot go."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods in thanks for the bottle and uncorks it* And it seems elachi weren't happy with being yanked from their home. They attacked both us and Mo'kai forces.

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: Indeed. the Mo'kai are no friends of the Elachi it seems. Using someone else to fight your battles. Their dishonor is complete."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Indeed. *grunts* For all her talk abour old ways and honor, J'ula is more than happy to let someone else die in her stead.

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: "She has fled from the field of battle more times than I can count

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But! We are standing here, and many enemies we faced today are not! For more great battles as these! *rises her bottle*

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher raises his bottle with a cheer

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *drinks from the bottle, old academy days style*

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher drinks

B'Atar@anncarise raises her bottle as well, "Aye, to more glorious battles!"

Egzo@HF_Mudd raises his bottle in toast, and has another swig.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ah yes...while I'm still sober. *to Lorri* If you're willing to deal with an cartain issue, we should stay in beta quadrant for a bit.

Lorri@crystyll quirks a brow

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "That Orion merchant causing more trouble?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to B'atar* Not really, but I've received an encrypted message earlier today, just before we jumped into battle. I did read it but decided to bring it up afterwards. Though you could be -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - interested in pursuing this.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Hach'Qo* Sorry for interrupting the festivities, but this is kinda important. We'll continue soonish.

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher waves a hand "If it is important, the bloodwine will keep"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Sadia activates her wrist-comms and message starts playing in the background in deep male voice.

Egzo@HF_Mudd can listen and drink at the same time, and does so.

B'Atar@anncarise drinks while she listens as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> To command of Klingon task force Hurq Mevik, and their allies. I'm Admiral Hagarr, one of executive officers in the Free Orion Traders. Some of you had a talk with a colleague of mine, and -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - expressed an interest in directly confronting the Orion Syndicate. Well, if you're worth your cluros, then I have a target for you.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> There's a asteroid "prison" run by the Syndicate in the Kordis system in the Donatu sector. From reliable sources, we know it's a staging grounds for slave distribution network deeper into -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - klingon space. While the slave trade is officially illegal in the Empire, the Syndicate is more than creative in their ways of subverting laws - therefore the "prison" front. They've got the local -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - colonial Magistrate on the payroll, so even if he suspects anything he's not inclined to do anything.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods sagely to that.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Sounds like someone should definitely put them out of business, if the Empire isn't doing it."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> The traffic in and out of system is heavy as new "prisoners" arrive on daily basis, and Syndicate has a dedicated ship presence - at least dozen frigates and couple of cruisers - to defend their

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - investment. While my own forces could breach the border and rush the Syndicate facility, Magistrate will have to alert local KDF force and they will cut us off.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> On the other hand, someone who's already inside the border, with the stealth tech, could hit and run before local klingon forces could properly organize.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> And a small tip...one of the KDF patrol captains named G'kan knows something is amiss and could be persuaded to...look the other way if the evidence of slavery operations would be revealed.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C> So, if you are willing to kick the Syndicate in the teeth while Empire watches, here's the opportunity. Might be more in the future. *slight pause* Oh, and good luck with the Mo'kai.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Message cuts off.

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher takes a swig of bloodwine

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Lorri* What say you?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "To the most brazen and desperate attempt to lure us into a trap I've seen in the last 20 years? Are punchlines acceptable responses?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Up to you, Tabadi.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Not a fan of slavery in general, especially if it's going on inside the Empire. *takes a swig from her bottle*

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "The slavery and prison are almost a given. But you can't be so naive to think this is a kindly tip off from obvious Syndicate lackies"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shrugs* Can your agents validate this info?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Nothing wrong with walking into a trap, long as we're ready for what might get thrown at us."

B'Atar@anncarise grins, "Always fun to ambush the ambushers."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "No doubt. As for whatever deception awaits us, that I can't say. I suggest we investigate this place and work our own methods to liberate it"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I mean, we're not exactly new at clearing out facilities like this..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles, nods, and has another small gulp.

[Local] Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher: If you require, the LI'taH can stay cloaked nearby to offer support should a trap spring

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So we stay for a while, investigate the place, find possible assistance, and hit the prison when an opportunity arises?

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "That's a bit more... Klingon than our usual method"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, I'll defer the organization to you, then.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Generally for such liberations, we plant an operative inside first to rally the slaves. Lead a revolt, overthrow their oppressors and take back their own freedom"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "It tends to be more believeable than chivalrous mercenaries flying in and doing it all for them just because they fancied it"

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts at 'chivalry'.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Good idea, but that place is on an asteroid so they will need outside help, especially if Syndicate has ships in wait.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: BUT!

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I never said they'd be on their own once they start the liberation"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Let's discuss actual plan some other time. For now, we all agree to stay and deal with this issue, yes?

Hach'Qo@carebearcrusher nods

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Both new issues"

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "Any excuse t' get out from behind a desk and back in the big chair."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right! For now, back to celebration.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like