14 Apr: Hunt's...on?

KDF strike team rescues a governor of a neutral cardassian colony, and she warns them of the old threat that might endanger the entire sector and beyond...

--

When: Sunday, Apr 14, Beta -1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal

//OOC: there will be no official KDF event during the Parallax event, MU Alliance players are welcome to participate in the Once upon a time event.
3 Likes
Spoiler: And now the conclusion...Show
[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> KDF and allies succesfully board the cardassian vessel and defeat the hirogen attackers. On the ship's bridge they encounter last surviving cardassians, lead by Latima Urnal...

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: I can explain that later. I'm Latima Urnal, governor of Tiani Prime, and at this point, you are my only hope.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> And now, the continuation...

Lexi@crystyll perks a brow, "Sounds a little dramatic. But sure... 'last hope'? I can work with that, looks great on the resume"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: It might sound a bit too presumptious, but I don't have any means to stop them anymore.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Stop who, Hirogen?"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: My father's last two remaining clones, "Gul Donal" and "Gul Lamar". I trust you already crossed paths before.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Few times, yeah."

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "What're they up to now?"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Then you know how unstable and dangerous they are.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: They defeated my remaining forces at Sarayn system, and now they control all what's left of NCRs industrial facilities. I did manage to free my homeworld, Tiani Prime, and deny them the access to -

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - agricultural assets. Their logistics are crumbling under pressure. I have no idea where and how they managed to hire those Hirogen, but I know they are led by Alpha called Aden.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I think it was the...Beta that Egzo got? Guessing that's the second in command."

Lexi@crystyll nods

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Their leader must still be active then."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I'm up for makin' it two for two."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: No, Aden was not pursuing us, but one of his underlings. Aden and his forces were sent somewhere else. Lamar and Donal are searching for something my father called "The Armory".

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Why do I not like the sounds of these people finding it..."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: I though he was just hallucinating as his disease was reaching the terminal stage, but those two idiots are very convinced it exists. In any way, they've been causing all kinds of trouble to local -

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - colonies. In less than couple of weeks their food reserves will be critical, and their limited replicator capabilities will be too strained to compensate.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: They have already started raidinfg local space. I know you have taken over some of the smaller cardassian colonies that were once under my father's control. Expect they will try to raid them.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Tiani Prime is well defended by advanced version of defense network that was employed during the Dominion War - even with Hirogen on their side, it will be to costly for them to try to breach it the -

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - usual way.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "So they're lookin' for where Dad kept the really /good/ toys."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "They think the armoury is on one of these colonies, or just something there that could lead them to it?"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *shakes head* They'll be raiding them for food stores. Regarding the Armoury, my father believed it was some kind of experimental weapon research and testing facility of the old cardassian military.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Sounds believable enough to me."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Old Cardassia's known for shady things."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: If it was Obsidian Order's place, he'd knew exact location, just like he helped set up that Order's shipbuilding facility in the Orias system.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: But no, this "Armoury" is something else, and I guess those two bumpkins believe it will hold some firepower that will allow them to take over Tiani - and rest of the sector. You might want to warn -

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - your Ventraxian allies as well, as they are closest targets for their raids.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Maybe if we're lucky they'll pick a fight with the Breen too..."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *shakes head* Highly unlikely, after entire plan with Ventraxian monarchy fell through due to Breen invasion, Donal's been trying to get Thot Kreel on the table to sort out some kind of deal.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: But Kreel respects power, and Donal and Lamar don't have much to offer.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Unless they find this Armoury and it's real, I'm guessing."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Yes, they are putting a lot of stake on it - but at this point, they don't have many options left. I just want peace for my people, and those two idiots are drawing too much attention to us.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: My father had a good idea, originally, but his disease and growing paranoia led to his ruin. Now it's on me to salvage what I can.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "So we solve a pretty big problem for you, which is also a problem for us. What else do we get out of it?"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Aside from an early warning, and this ship? I can't offer much, though I'm willing to negotiate a tributary agreement with the Empire.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to the others and shrugs. "That's a start, I guess."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I'm more interested in intelligence that will help us achieve this shared goal, for one"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Unfortunately, I have no clues about the location of Armoury, but I can point you to a possible place to start Your own search.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well one breadcrumb is better than no trail at all"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *she pokes at one of still working computer consoles and main screen flickers for a bit, and then displays the local map* After all the setbacks, Donal and Lamar have consolidated their assets into -

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - smaller number of locations. One of those is the listening post in Zarra system *map zooms to a system between Hurq Mevik and Ventraxian space*. This place also holds main communication facilities -

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - aside from their HQ in Sarayn system. If there's place to get info on their search plans and vectors, that would be it.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: The place is well defended though, and you can expect some Hirogen presence too.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well, it's something to start with at least. Ain't my call though" looks to the others

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <Rrit> Hag'lhr to Egzo. We've got incomin', boss. One big and 5 smaller vessels, Hirogen.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Big...something tells me that Alpha's looking for his second in command..."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *mutters* You might be right, I guess they were supposed to return by now with my body.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *beep beep*

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "We could give 'im the other one."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *snorts* Oh, they want to talk...

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *looks at the group* Want to talk to them?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well this should be interesting..." folds her arms, watching with an almost entertained look

Lexi@crystyll is not impressed.

Egzo@HF_Mudd steps up. "Put 'em through."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> Screen flickers again as map disappears and a face of massive helmeted Hirogen appears.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <Hirogen> I see Tergen failed at his task. It seems Latima got herself some mercenaries...

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Tergen, was that his name? I didn't get a chance t' ask, before I put him down."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Mine's Egzo. /Captain./ Egzo."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Your boy couldn't shoot for *#@%, by the way."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <Hirogen> I am Alpha Aden, and I welcome the challenge for a change.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins. "Me too. So how do ya wanna do this? Ship to ship, or blade to blade?"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <Aden> Well, I will try not to disappoint you. *chuckles* Oh, you misunderstand, captain. This is not a duel, this is the hunt!

Egzo@HF_Mudd goes "uh huh" and waits for the Hirogen to explain that one.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <Aden> As a mercenary, you should understand that "honorable" combat is a foolish notion. We might meet face to face - eventually - but not on your terms. One of joys of the hunt is stalking the prey,

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: - biding the right time to strike. Hunter decides the rules, not some "rules of engagement".

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <Aden> My late Beta failed to recognize his situation and fell to his own trap. I will not be so foolish. *he rises his fist* But enough talk! The hunt...IS ON! *comms cut off*

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well. He's less stupid 'n I thought. Too bad."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <R'rit> ETA 5 minutes, boss.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Now for the fun part then..."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Fun part?

Lexi@crystyll grins

B'Atar@anncarise grins as well, "What she said!"

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: *looks at egzo in disbelief* How many ships you have out there? You are aware that's most likely not all of his force, right?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah... I was /hopin'/ he'd beam over, and the ladies could shoot 'im."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: This ship is a wreck, and *points to her two crewman* this is all I have right now.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Shoot?!" feigns offense at the notion

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Whatever. Like I said, he's too smart for that. So we gotta be smarter."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <R'rit> I've got word from Barut, seems that Commander Bara is out of the action, but ship is capable of warp.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: We need to get out of here, trying to face his force is suicide right now.

Lexi@crystyll grumbles reluctantly, "I hate to say it... but strategically, he holds all the cards. We got zip"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, probably right."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah...much as I like to face this Alpha...he's got more guns right now."

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: Thank whatever gods are out there. We are ready to beam out.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <R'rit> ETA 3 minutes. If we want to bail, now's the time.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, we're gettin'. Stand by to evade pursuit as soon as we're aboard.

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: <FX> Group is beamed back to their ships, and soon all KDF and allied ships go to cloak and fall back to the Klingon border...

[Local] Latima Urnal@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
3 Likes