15 Dec: You know the drill, part 2

KDF and allies have secured an audience with the Chief Engineer of the Morrs Combine. Will they persuade this leader to stop supplying the Breen military?

--

When: Sunday, Dec 15, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Starship bridge, Fleet mine

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> After the subspace call from Sadia, the team is taking a short detour into the territory of the Reklar Combines, more specifically, of the Morrs Combine.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> One of the leaders of D'rexian Rebellion has secured an audience with one of the Morrs Combines leaders, Chief Engineer Ittik. Purpose of the meeting is to stop the Combine from selling the -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - advanced mining equipment to Breen Fenrisal military, which is being used against the D'rexian rebel forces.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Lorri was provided with guest access codes to the base of the Chief Engineer Ittik, near the eastern border of Combine's space.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Travel to the location is uneventful, aside from the local merchant traffic coming and going from Combine territories. Aside from combine ships, there are some ferengi, cardassian and even some -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - Free Almavian Traders' vessels.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Soon, you enter the outskirts of the meeting location...and comms start beeping.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Temelen: Tabadi, we are receiving automated call, a request for access codes.

Lorri@crystyll nods, "As anticipated. Transmit the provided codes"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Temelen: *taps in the codes...some seconds pass* Codes accepted...we are receiving...further instructions? "Guests must arrive using a single shuttlecraft, and follow the provided route. Failure to -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - comly will result in the activation of defense systems. Morrs Combine will not be held responsible for any consequences and the guest party will not be recompensated for eventual loss of vessel and

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - negotiator personnel."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Great. More corporate people. I'm guessing we're not going to start off with shooting?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Charming..." looks to the task force holo's, "...So, who's driving?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Tamelen: We've got the route, it leads to...cracked planetoid in the orbit of the main star.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grunts and nods.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr, on your wing.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Tamelen: There's lot of energy signatures coming from the planetoids, surface. We are reading no atmosphere on the surface itself.

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Luckily we have sssuitsss.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I would hope that being directed there for corporate business means they have a facility in place. Presumably beneath the surface"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: <C> Could be domed asss well.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Tamelen: There are multiple structures on the surface, but we cannot get any details from this distance.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Well, no point standing around on ceremony. We'll prep a shuttle if you all want to beam over"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Tamelen: Your personal shuttle is being prepped as we speak, tabadi.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "San'leth can cloak and keep watch over the area. Might be useful to have backup."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hag'lhr'll do the same. I'm goin' down too, though.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Some minutes later, team departs in the shuttle towards the destination. Path is clear all the way to the planetoid, but as you come closer your programmed route has you bypass two layers of -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - minefields and a line of defense turrets. Planetoid itself is looks like some was doing some superweapon testings - almost 3rd of it is missing, remains forming a small asteroid field that you go -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - around. As you approach, you notice many smaller vehichles buzzing around the asteroids and planetoid surface, and it quickly becomes obvious why.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> A thick layers of familiar purple crystal permeate the field, and appears in the large cracks all over the planetoid. As you approach the sufrace, you notice massive machinery at work - giant -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - drills, conveyor belts, and gravitic sleds carrying both the unrefined dilithium and loads of hunched humanoids in exosuits.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Your shuttle descends and enters one of the large mesas, and you can see even more of these humanoids working around the massive crystal formations - some cutting chunks of them, and other using

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - some kind of charging devices on them. Soon, you arrive close to the large structure, most of it dug into the planetoid, but a decent domed chunk of it still above the surface. Barely a couple miles

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - away, shuttle stops. A message appears on the shuttle screen, simple "Prepare for site-to-site transport. No sudden movement."

Egzo@HF_Mudd stays very still.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Time starts counting from 10 to 0, at which point you feel the familiar sensation of the transporter...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> ...and you materialize at the 1st floor (not the ground floor) of the large room. Room is filled with all kind of machinery and laboratory equipment, and you can notice dozen of hunched humanoids

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - scurrying along, checking on the devices and making some adjustments. Some floor and wall panels are removed and multiples aliens are working on the power conduits. You easily notice that, even -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - with the breathing atmopshere around you, and almost Risa summer temperature, all hunched aliens are still wearing their suits, with elongated facemasks.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> One of such aliens, wearing a less drab outfit, with lots of pockets and all kind of engineering tools, stands in front of you, his glowed hands clasped.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Greetings, customers! Chief Engineer Ittik bids you welcome, yes-yes!

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: What brings you to my humble home?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks around at the team curiously.."Cussstomersss?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to Lorri to do the friendly talking, as usual.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Behind him, you notice rows of table with all kind of devices, device models, holographic projections etc.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Thank you for the... cordial welcome. We are indeed here to discuss business"

Istar@anncarise looks around the area, checking for potential threats or ambush poitns as Lorri conducts the meeting.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Yes, rock-thing, the Voice, said you need our assistance. You help rock-things against the cold-things, yes-yes?"

Lorri@crystyll smiles, "Indeed"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Rock-things, peoples of D'rex, we had dealings in the past. But then Breen defeated them, and now we have to trade with cold-things. We liked rock-things better."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Then let us find a way to facilitate your return to dealings with the, um... 'rock-things'"

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks in the background.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "But business is business, and if Breen want to buy, we sell. Even to greenskins like you, after all the problems."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *points to Lorri and Istar, after realizing practicalyl everyone in the team is green*

[Team] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Emerald Knights FTW!

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: xD

[Team] Lorri@crystyll: i could get used to that title...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: More of a 'yellow-tan', m'self...

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Then we shall just have to see about making business more lucrative by altering that arrangement, yes?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Strange, no ridgehead-things with you, I was told the Kling-on are coming to visit."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We are here on behalf of the Empire"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: I would sssuggessst not usssing that term if you do meet sssome.

Istar@anncarise chuckles, "Good advice."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Good-good. I will note that. *takes out small padd-like object and types something* Alter the deal? What deal?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "You said you deal with the Bree-... the 'cold-things'. I would be interested in seeing how we could reach a mutually beneficial means to making that stop"

Egzo@HF_Mudd idly takes note of the dozen or so larger cutters, also in suits, standing around holding energy-pikes. Guards, no doubt.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks around to the team..

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: I am ssseeing another level above usss, and sssome glowing red eyesss.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Stop? Yes, we deal with Breen. But that's not possible. Last deal was concluded weeks ago."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "... 'last' deal?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg pulls out his tricorder and does a scan.

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg scans the environment with a tricorder.

Lorri@crystyll glances back at Ku'jho's comment, but maintains focus on their host

[Emotes] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: rolls 41 (1-100)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "No more deals at this moment. Yes-yes...he motions to one of the tables behind him, carrying the replica of the massive drill* Cold-things bought last 6 GIGA-DRILLS we had in stock. Good deal, yes-yes.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks the hardware over and nods.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "They was plannin' a big dig, huh?"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Digging for rock... things, you might say..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Cold-things lost many ships against plant-things, yes? You helped plant-things, yes? They need more ore to build more ships, so they bought big drills."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Not... exactly"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "We wanted to sell drills to greenskins first, they promised a lot of warp-stones, but they lie! So we sell drills to cold-things."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Sounds like you were dealing with the wrong Orions..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Which is most." Off Lorri's look: "Just sayin'."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "So have you already delivered this final shipment of drills to the Breen?" glances back with an eyeroll. It's hard to argue the fact

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Made no deals! They try to steal our trade secrets while negotiating, so we chase them off."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "So... they are not getting those last 6 drills?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "No no no...Lamar Industries of Narris II came here first, wanted drills for their mines in Cardassi-an space. But they try to cheat, so we no sell. Then Breen buy the last drills."

Lorri@crystyll pinches the bridge of her nose, "So you /have/ sold them to the Breen..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Yes. Breen picked-up the last two drills two-day ago,"

[Local] Istar@anncarise: "Guess we're too late, then. Though...any chance you'll sell us info on where the Breen have gone?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "*sniffs* We have tracking devices, yes. We know where cold-things bring the drills for security-check, before they ship them deeper in their space. We sell you that info, for a price."

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles. Of course.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Throw in all the technical data on those drills, and we can talk"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Why would I sell trade-secret? If I give you schematics, you make your own drills!"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Honestly, I'm more interested in weaknesses we can use to shut them down before they are used to commit genocide. Unless you want that on your sales pitch, I suggest you consider this little +

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: + deal sweetener while it's on the table for you. I don't care about full schematics, just what we need to know"

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 60 (1-100)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Uhhh! Dead customers are bad for business, yes-yes! If Breen use drills to hurt D'rex, then we'll help you. We give you information you want, you help rock-things, yes?"

Lorri@crystyll smiles, "That's the plan, yes"

[Team] Plott DeVice@gulremal: also, uni translator is definitely switching constantly from actual species names to x-things descriptions...seems there's something in morrsian language that trips it off

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Good-good. *sniffs* Do you plan to free rock-things from cold-things?"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to Ittik..."I've detected other lifeformsss in the upper level. Are they part of your busssinesss?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *lights in helmet blink* "This big rock is all my business. Why you ask?"

[Local] Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg: Becaussse I don't like sssurprisssess, and don't want them to be sssomething we'll have to deal with before busssinesss finalization.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Who, or what, exactly is this 'big rock'?"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Think he means, everythin' on this place."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "I would think so too, but how does that correlate to Ku'jho's lifesigns?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Others notice another level/floor above you, with rows of what looks like computers/databanks. Some hulking forms seems to be moving between the rows of databanks, and as they come to the edge,

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - you notice 2 red eyes darting around.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Yes, this broken world is property of Morrs combine, and all that work here work for Combine. I am their boss. *points fingers up* Up there is main think-machine with Chief Thinker and guards.-

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: What is the probl-"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *some kind of communicator on Ittik's outfit activates*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: "Chief, our sensors are detecting an object moving at high warp, they have entered the system!"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Ittik: "What? Warp in system, are they stup-"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Here we go."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Thinker: "They've left warp, passed our mines and turret-things! Heading straight for us!"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Ittik: "Activate defenses! And what do you mean, they're heading straight for u-"

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "It never goes smooth... why does it never go smooth?!" grumbled under her breath

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Thinker: "Brace for imp-"

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg looks to Lorri..."Sssmooth isss for the weak."

Lorri@crystyll eyerolls... again

Istar@anncarise drops to a knee, readying herself for impact, "Plans are for breaking, it seems..."

Warhunter Ku'jho@Domarg smirks at Lorri.

Egzo@HF_Mudd puts one hand on a nearby railing.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Massive explosion shakes the facility and drops everyone on the floor, as almost a third of the room behind Ittik vanishes in fire and rubble...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -- CLIFFHANGER --
1 Like