16 Aug: The internal enemy never sleeps, part 2

The KDF and allies investigate the Servin system for the presence of the House of Mokai forces...

--

When: Sunday, Aug 16, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Combat RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Day or so later, squadron arrives to the provided location in the outskirts of the Servin system. After a minute or so of waiting, 3 B'rotlh birds of prey decloak and squadron is being hailed -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - using a secure comm-link provided by Councillor Lagos.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Put 'em on."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> An image of older klingon female with an eyepatch in the uniform of the House of Woldan appears on screen.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: Commander N'torom of the 3rd scout wing reporting.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: My, what a colorful bunch you are. Lagos really has some interesting friends.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Was just thinkin' the same." He smiles. "Whatcha got for us?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: Not as much as I wanted. The old orion asteroid mining facilities are definitely online, every two days an unmarked freighter decloaks near the main asteroid facility, picks up the refined -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - duranium and leaves under cloak. We have observed only two frigate sized ships decloaking at the same time, but there's at least half a dozen signatures across the system.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Sounds about right, for an operation like this."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: This was going on like this since we arrived three weeks ago, until earlier today when an orion ship entered the system and started hailing the "representatives of the House Mokai", asking -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - for an audience regarding a business deal. He's been at it for, like, 2 and half hours and so far he's being ignored. But every five minutes he sends the same message. Persistent bugger.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Sure he ain't a Ferengi?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: No, we checked the vessel. S.S. Dealbroker, belonging to Rhadaman Hiram the Third, CEO of Hiram's Heavy Hardware Ltd., operating from Narris II.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to Lorri's image. "You know the cutter?"

Lorri@crystyll nods grimly, "Slimy toad may as well be a Ferengi. He's been camped on our doorstep longer than I can remember but refuses to either officially join the state or leave. Though he's savvy enough to +

Lorri@crystyll + at least recognize the business opportunity and has done well dealing with the shipyards"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> The image on the screen switches to pimped-up looking orion Corsair cruiser parked close to the asteroid field deeper in the system

Egzo@HF_Mudd squints at the image. "Is that... who puts /gold trim/ on a starship?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sadia: The cutter has some balls, trying to talk to these guys. However, that won't save him from me blasting him from the skies unless someone can persuade him to leave?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Upon zooming towards the ship Egzo can notice it's not just simple gold plating, it's also forming relief figures of some kind of scantily clad space syreens all across the ship sides.

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "We could hail him on an encrypted channel if you wish to talk with him"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: Anyhow, we'll be supporting you once you're ready to hit the facility.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head. "I got nothin' to say to idiots. Everybody ready for a fight?"

B'Atar@anncarise grins, "You don't have to ask."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sadia: Perhaps it would be the best he doesn't know KDF is here, you'd be far better option to figure out what he wants from Mokais.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Lorri*

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "Hail him if ya think it'll do any good. Otherwise, just keep an eye on 'im in case he don't have the sense to keep out of the way."

[Local] Lorri@crystyll: "Up to you guys what you want to do. We're just here to assist however you deem fit; you want talking, we can setup comms. You want shooting, we charge weapons. Just give the order as needed"

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: come on folks, it's up to you lol

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, like I said, not in the mood to talk to idiots."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sadia: Why do you think he's an idiot? Aside from the bad taste in ship decorations?

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Aye, if we gotta talk the Tabadi's probably the best call, but I'm all for going in hot too."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Cause he ain't figured out yet they ain't innerested."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Sadia: At least he doesn't give up easily. However, if no one's interested in talking him down, we might as w-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: A vessel is decloaking!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "ID?"

B'Atar@anncarise has the San'leth crew check as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> A cruiser sized ship decloaks in front of orion Corsair.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Ship is klingon in origin, 23rd century design...no known ID.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: N'torom: Seems they are hailing the orion ship...patching into their comms...

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah, design matches a Sech battlecruiser from the 23rd century, but the signature's closer to that of a modern Klingon ship. Refitted, I bet."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <K'tor> Commander K'tor of House of Mokai speaking. Speak quickly, orion "merchant", your whining is wearing my patience.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Hiram> To prove my intentions, K'tor of Mokai, I bring you gifts. 100 high yield quantum torpedoes, just to listen to my proposal.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Multiple containers are tightily beamed inbetween two ships.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Hiram> Feel free to check the merchandise, no tricks are involved.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Start movin' in now, while they're jabberin'. He can be useful as a distraction, at least."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <K'tor> *Shows a sharp row of teeth* You've bought yourself some time, merchant.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Hiram> Good. My contacts within the Empire keep me well informed of situation there. Re-appearance of the House of Mokai has stirred a lot of activity. I know you are planning to expose-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - J'mpok's corruption and remove him from power. I wish to help you in this.

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth slowly advances as the Klingon ship is occupied with contacting the Orion.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <K'tor> Why? What does an orion merchant stand to gain from this?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Hiram> You wish to re-establish the old ways of honor, remove the taint the J'mpok has brought in by becoming the dog of the Federation and the New Romulan Empire. And if you are true to these words,

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - you will purge the accursed Syndicate from the star maps. Cut the head of the snake that now nests in empire's lap, poisoning it from the inside. Am I correct to assume so?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <K'tor> *spits to the side* Yes, you are correct. But why would you support such thing?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Hiram> Because unlike what most of people thing, majority of the orions do not support the Syndicate. They taint my people's reputation, and make it harder for all of us to forge a decent living. If-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - you are to remove the Syndicate, or at least deny it support and hiding spot within the Empire, I - and other interested orion cajus - will pledge you our assistance. For a sizeable -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - discount, of course. Military hardware, food supplies, mercenaries, intel, you want it, we can provide it.

Egzo@HF_Mudd asks Lorri, "Think he really means a word o' that?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <K'tor> Ha! You speak honeyed wprds, but they are not without merit. However, this decision is not something I can make on my own. Return here within 24 hours, and I will have an answer for you...or further instructions.

Lorri@crystyll shakes her head, "Even if there are elements of truth in his words, they are only there to mask the lies covering his true intent"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Hiram> Very well. I will be back, and I'm looking forward to our cooperation.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Fair 'nuff. All ships, signal when in position. We'll let him leave, and then..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom>: Orion ship is turning around and accelerating to full impulse. We've lost signal on the Mokai vessel.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Oh, and as soon as we light this place up, everyone out there is gonna be on us, so watch out."

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Looks like the Mokai vessel has activated cloak. Seems to have taken the containers with them too, no sign of them anymore."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> We are sending you all the tactical data on the facility.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Shlaak - he got a modern cloak on that thing?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd expects so, but might as well check.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> There's a single large facility built into the largest asteroid in the main asteroid belt of the system. Facility has multiple docking bays for smaller ships and two bigger ones. No shields are -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - currently active, and there's around dozen PD disruptor turrets on the station, and 6 smaller asteroids-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - around the main facility are outfitted with turrets and thrusters to act as mobile defense platforms.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Aside from them, you can detect around two dozen mining drones moving across the belt, mining and collecting ore.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Any sign of ships being docked in those docking bays?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Shlaak: Hard to tell without active ssscan, but that will betray our location.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Hold off for now, then."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> No ship were docking there save the freighters that come to pick up refined ore.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "No need to priorize them then. Probably want to hit the defenses first, and deal with any ships as they decloak."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "My thoughts too. Everyone pick a defense platform."

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth chooses a defense platform to target first.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> I can draw everyone's attention on Daramar by striking at the facility.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles. "That ya surely will, boss. Anything else?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> If someone can hack those drones, they could sure do a heck of a damage if they can close on the target, if nothing by ramming them.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Lorri? Sounds like a job for your ladies."

Lorri@crystyll nods, "Leave it to us"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> Daramar is in position, on your mark, Egzo.

Egzo@HF_Mudd waits for confirmation from all ships, then raises a fist and chops it down with a sharp syllable - the order to attack.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SURPRISE ROUND --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar decloaks right in front of the asteroid facility.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> Mokai scum! J'mpok sends his regards!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar opens fire from main cannons and launches torpedo spreads at the facility.

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 78 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Good hit(s).

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yeah!

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Should I go or wait for a turn prompt?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Heavy discruptor cannon bolts disinegrate 3 defense turrets while torpedoes wreck multiple docking bays including the one of the main ones, reducing any kind of fighter deploying capacities.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar action --

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth decloaks near one of the asteroid defense platforms and opens fire with all forward weapons before promptly darting away in case the platform remains operation enough to return fire.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 23 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Hm

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Nah I'll keep that, it's not a critically bad roll with B'Atar's combat skill

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: and I might want to use reroll for something more vital hehe

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: that roll has just too much bonuses to fail unelss you rolled 1

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Yeah...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I got stealth and B'Atar's combat skill!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth's fire disables the power system of the defense platform and turns it off. Something that could be easily fixed, but not in the middle of the fight.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd | Hag'lhr decloaks, lighting up one of the armed asteroids with disruptor cannons and torpedoes.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 81 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr's fire demolishes the mobile asteroid platform, breaking it into dozen of smaller pieces of no much use to anyone...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Lorri's action --

Lorri@crystyll | Thana boffs attempt to hack the drones and turn their weapons to our side

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 43 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Half of the drones turn sides and start moving towards the asteroid facility's mobile defenses...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 1 --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Enemy is caught completely with their pants down, they start powering their defense system but the team manages to strike before them!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> *to someone on her ship* Keep pummeling the main facility, guns on the PD turrets, torps take out the second main docking bay!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 57 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Two more PD turrets fall under cannon fire and torps manage to collapse the second main bay's forcefield, venting everyone inside to the coldness of space.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth moves to target a different asteroid platform, firing all forward weapons again to take it out before it can return fire.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 17 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Someone is draining my spots today hehe

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Still not worth a reroll I think...

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Will save it for when I roll single digits or for a crucial moment!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth's fire destroys one of 3 turrets on the mobile platform it's currently targeting, and burns out the shield emitter before it managed to activate.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's action --

Egzo@HF_Mudd picks another defense platform to lay waste to.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 25 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: meh, but I'll stand. Can always finish it next round.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: And I've got bonuses, just not as many as B'Atar. :)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr's fire destroys 1 out of 3 turrets on the platform, just a second before it raises it's shields.

Lorri@crystyll | Thana turns it's attention to the nearest defense platform, while the science girls continue to direct the drones

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 35 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Thana's fire burns the shields of the defense platform that Egzo was targeting and the drones close in, their tight-beam plasma cutters doing a short work of the platform.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <K'tor> J'mpok's dogs! This place will be your grave!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Sech battlecruiser and two strange looking birds of prey decloak on Daramar's starboard side and open fire, tight-looking disruptor bolts followed by...high yield quantum torpedoes.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar's starboard shield manage to tank the onslaught, but just barely, hanging on at 25%.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: *waits for Daramar to ram it*

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Two more birds of prey appear behind San'leth, but before they can do anything N'torom's scout wing decloaks behind them, blowing one up with focus fire and forcing remaining one to back off.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> Sorry for the wait, thought they'd try a trick like this.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Just in time to join the party! Good shooting!"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Three more BoPs appear on Thana's aft, opening fire and dropping Thana's aft shield down to 60%.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Klingon_Bird-of-Prey_(2256)

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Where are they getting these antiques from?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Remaining PD turrets on the base and all the turrets on 3 remaining mobile platforms focus fire on Daramar, heavily draining it's other shield facing to 50%.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> They look like antiques, but their weapons are not!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 2 --

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> Emergency power to shields, full reverse, and keep firing on the facility! Keep up the heat!

[Emotes] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 48 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar's shields are back up to 50/75%, while fire from the weapons takes out 2 more PD turrets on the station, leaving only 5 active.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- B'atar's action --

B'Atar@anncarise | San'leth dives in to assist Daramar, trying to flank and fire on one of the birds of prey.

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 52 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth makes a sharp turn and surprises one BoP supporting the K'tor's ship, blowing it up with a stream of disruptor bolts.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- Egzo's turn --

Egzo@HF_Mudd | Hag'lhr tries to finish off the platform that San'leth damaged last time.

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 70 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr makes another sharp turn and blows the shieldless rock to tiny pieces.

Lorri@crystyll | Thana's interceptors swarm out to deal with the BoP's

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 62 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Interceptors catch one of the BoPs by surprise and disable it with their focus fire. Meanwhile, hacked mining drones happily cut the next defense platform in pieces, their weapons -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - easily ignoring the shields.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> N'torom's scout wing stays on their target, destroying the second BoP that tried to gank San'leth.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: oh lolololo

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: nononono

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Ramming speed?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Second BoP that was supporting Sech battlecruiser breaks off to attack San'leth but missed wide.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: rolls 6, 1

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Wow

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Sech battlecruiser tries to fire a second volley of high-yield quantum torpedoes, but something goes terribly terribly wrong. Loading mechanism suffers total failure and entire batch detonates in -

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Or maybe the Orion was working for Lorri all along and the torpedoes were rigged

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: hehe

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - the loading chambers, triggering rest of the ammunitions in the adjacent storage room. The fireworks that follow destroy the cruiser, the BoP, push the Daramar even further back while dropping -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - their shields completely, and destroy the last remaining defense platform.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: Egzo, B'atar, piloting rolls plox

[Emotes] B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 38 (1-100)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 89 (1-100)

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: I'll stick with it, my rolls are pretty low but not catastrophic!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> San'leth is thrown away but suffers only 50% shield damage, while Hag'lhr rides the blast and manages to land undamaged close to the two BoP's that are attacking Thana.

Egzo@HF_Mudd observes, "Those were high-yield, all right."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Small part of metal plate passes by the screen, reading in orion "-nly to be used with Hiram's Heavy Hardware approved rapid-fire torpedo launcher system. Hiram's Heavy Hardware Ltd. is not res-.

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: That guy is definitely half Ferengi

[Team] B'Atar@anncarise: Gives away free goodies but still wants you to buy the equipment to use them

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Last two remaining BoPs try to flee! Egzo and Lorri have the free shots!

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Of course. How else is he going to make Profit?

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 64 (1-100)

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: why do you think most true orion merchants call ferengi "young upstarts"?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Hag'lhr's fire rips one of the BoP's apart. I guess they didn't upgrade the hull or armor...

Lorri@crystyll | Thana throws an unforgiving volley of torps at the last fleeing bop. Just because

[Emotes] Lorri@crystyll: rolls 53 (1-100)

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Interceptors defly pull back as torpedo spam dematerializes the last BoP.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Daramar's next volley of guns and torpedoes slams the main mining facility, and it starts to break apart, process sped up by the explosion of it's main power core.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> *curses* That was close!

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> Huh...at least we didn't lose any parts this time.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Only close because they blew themselves up and almost took us out in the process!"

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "Maybe next time they should bring ships that belong on a battlefield, not in a museum!" she laughs.

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts and nods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> We managed to catch some kind of distress call just before the facility went to Gre'thor. We'll see if we can pinpoint the traget location, but it will take some time.

[Local] B'Atar@anncarise: "I'll look forward to finding out where it came from, and blowing more of them to Gre'thor."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Same."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> You did a great thing today. This will definitely hurt Mokai's efforts. I'll inform the Councillor of this, he'll most likely want to speak to you soon.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <N'torom> We'll do a clean up here, and I believe you have a shore leave to return to? N'torom out.

Egzo@HF_Mudd addresses Lorri again, as the Klingon signs off. "Looks like your 'friend' is out a bunch of customers." He smirks.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <Sadia> All in a day's work, I guess. Lorri, you up for paying a visit to this Hiram fella and see what's he really after?

Lorri@crystyll chuckles, "Sure. If nothing else he should be more a little more... pliable now"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like