17 Nov: Battlecruiser Vengeance, Ep. 2

The holosim of Battlecruiser Vengeance continues! Will the heroes figure out the deathtrap in time? See in the next episode!

--

When: Sunday, Nov 17, Alpha-1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Fleet starbase, starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal

//OOC: Anyone who missed the event last week can easy jump in on this one!
(( Since I missed the first part, gonna skip this one too and sleep in. Have fun! ))
Unfortunately I'm sick and I'll have to move this for the next weekend. Sorry about this folks, I really hoped I could do it but no luck.
Spoiler: Event logShow

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Last time, in adventures of Battlecruiser Vengeance...captain Koth investigates the disappearances of ships in the yet unexplored and dangerous Briar Patch.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Following in the steps of IKS yol'raD, brave crew of Vengeance wades through the hostile nature of the Briar Patch, and respond to weak distress call from an orion vessel. They find their way to-

Sadia@gulremal: - a massive ship graveyard. As they establish contact with the orion vessel, they are attacked by none but the IKS yol'raD, that is charging at them like an angry targ...

Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 1 --

Sadia@gulremal: -- Lorri's action --

B'Atar@anncarise: "We still don't have weapons, right?"

Lorri@crystyll scans the enemy vessel for weaknesses

Lorri@crystyll: rolls 96 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: "I'm transfering all power from tractor beam to the weapons, captain! You may fire at your discretion!"

Sadia@gulremal: *a battlee periscope dramatically lower in front of captain's chair*

Lorri@crystyll: "No readings on lifesigns, but strong power signatures from the lower hull"

B'Atar@anncarise: "No lifesigns? Some kind of ghost ship? Or just this place messing with us like the Orion captain claimed..."

Lorri@crystyll: "Possible"

Sadia@gulremal: -- Koth's action --

B'Atar@anncarise opens fire on the yol'raD with disruptors to weaken their shields and make them focus on the Vengeance.

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 68 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Vengeance turns to face the yol'raD, turning it's front undamaged shields to the enemy, and returns fire with it's main forward cannons, green balls of energy striking enemy shields square on!

Sadia@gulremal: "Direct hit! yol'raD's front shields down to 50%!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Yes!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "See if you can contact them. Maybe there's no one left on board or maybe they just think we're the enemies here because of whatever tricks it's playing on them."

Sadia@gulremal: "Hailing frequencies open....no response. They are not diverting course, captain!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Time to do it the fun way then!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> yol raD powers it's main weapons as it moves directly towards Vengeance. However, deft last second move by the captain and enemy's fire just ding's off the Vengeance's shields and hits the debris

Sadia@gulremal: -...or it would, but fire simply passes throgh the debris and hits another debris miles away, melting it to slag.

Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 2 --

Sadia@gulremal: "Captain, orion vessel is powering up!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Any sign they're targeting us?"

Lorri@crystyll scans to see

Lorri@crystyll: rolls 9 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll does worse with unfamiliar tactical scans as with her current science ones and can only tell that shields are not up

B'Atar@anncarise: "Alright, let's keep focusing on the KDF cruiser."

Sadia@gulremal: -- Koth's action --

B'Atar@anncarise continues laying down fire on the yol'raD, aiming to bring down its shields so they can cripple its weapons and other systems.

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 13 (1-100)

B'Atar@anncarise: rolls 99 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Captain Koth's legendary combat skills on display! Heroic music hums in the background as Vengeance does a flyby, evading the yol'raD's charge!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As it passes below the hostile battlecruiser, Vengeance's upper cannons break the shields and strike an alien-looking probe-like device that was attached to the yol'raD's lower hull!

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As the device explodes, yol'raD powers down and keeps limping across the space...

B'Atar@anncarise: "That'll teach them to friendly fir- wait, what was that we just hit?"

Sadia@gulremal: *types at her console, and the recording of the scene plays out on the main screen, showing the alien probe-like device in slow-mo as it's hit and destroyed by the disruptor fire...

Sadia@gulremal: "Looks like some kind of probe, captain...but whatever it is, yol'raD is no longer active!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Still no lifesigns on board?"

Sadia@gulremal: "Uh, the orion ship is moving!"

Sadia@gulremal: -- ROUND 3 --

B'Atar@anncarise: "Check it for those probes!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Orion corvette fires up the engines, and speeds towards the Vengeance!

Lorri@crystyll checks for another alien probe attached to the Orion ship

Lorri@crystyll: rolls 78 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll: "Confirmed. Another one shows in a relatively similar position on the lower hull. Will try and dislodge it"

Lorri@crystyll tries to dislodge with a deflector pulse of some sort so it can be beamed into holding

Lorri@crystyll: rolls 74 (1-100)

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Vengeance turns towards incoming orion ship, it's main deflector fires some kind of yellow beam that envelops the vessel, causing flashy energy spikes that disable the probe and it detaches from-

Sadia@gulremal: - the orion ship. Seconds later, tractor beam catches both objects last second before they hit the Vengeance!

Sadia@gulremal: "Orion vessel is disabled, captain...strange, I'm not detecting anyone on board."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Who were we talking to earlier, then?"

Lorri@crystyll: "Unknown, but I'm detecting a signal emanating from the probe. Broadcasting to somewhere depeer within the field"

Sadia@gulremal: "With your permission captain, I'll be transfering all non-essential power to sensors?"

B'Atar@anncarise nods, "Go ahead. We need to know what's going on here."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Try to narrow down where the signal's coming from and if there's anything there."

Sadia@gulremal: *types at computer console* There, commander Lorri, I've boosted the power to your sensor systems.

Lorri@crystyll keeps scanning

Lorri@crystyll: rolls 61 (1-100)

Lorri@crystyll: "Got an ID on the target of the signal. It's a large derelict just within weapons range"

Sadia@gulremal: *screen shows a hulk of a massive ship of unknown origin...*

B'Atar@anncarise: "What is that..."

Sadia@gulremal: "We sure it's just a derelict? Could be another trick..."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Yeah...all these ships we were fighting have no life on them either."

Sadia@gulremal: "we can always test this...the klingon way."

B'Atar@anncarise smirks, "Aye, that's a plan!"

B'Atar@anncarise targets the 'derelict' with a torpedo and opens fire.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Screen conveniently switches to outside, showing the red glow on the prow of the Vengeance glow, and seconds later a single large photon torpedo rushes out towards the unsuspecting derelict.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As torpedo closes in on the target, derelict's outer form starts to shift, but too late - torpedo hits it square on, and large explosion engulfs the screen for a moment.

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Seconds later, instead of derelict, a form on alien vessel is seen, with a massive hole from the torpedo on one of it's flanks/wings...

Sadia@gulremal: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/e1/1c/b1e11c6e25ce586b0128fd5e688d61b0.jpg

B'Atar@anncarise: "That woke it up..."

Sadia@gulremal: "Direct hit!...aaaaand we are being hailed!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "Put them though."

Sadia@gulremal: *she types and soon an face of an ugly alien appears, causing reactions of disgust from the crew...*

Sadia@gulremal: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/c/c3/Ru%27afo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140308205931

Sadia@gulremal: <C-alien> Curse you, klingon wretches! You have seen through my illusions, but this is not over! Briar Patch belongs to the Son'a, and you are not welcome here! What is your name, so I can curse you -

Sadia@gulremal: - as I plot my vengeance?"

B'Atar@anncarise: "I am Captain Koth of the battlecruiser Vengeance. And you must be the taHqeq responsible for these odd happenings. What did you do with the crew of the yol'raD and the Orions?"

Sadia@gulremal: <C-Son'a> Klingons fought to the last, and the orions are now our servants. Enjoy your victory while you can, captain Koth, as we will meet again!"

B'Atar@anncarise: "I'll look forward to putting more holes in that pretty ship of yours. And maybe your face too. I'm sure that'll be a mercy for your crew."

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Son'a vessel fires a swarm of missiles that detonate halfway, obfustaing the screen. Once the screen clears, enemy ship is not to be seen.

B'Atar@anncarise: "That one's a master of tricks. We'll have to keep an eye out for him..."

Lorri@crystyll: "We have yol'raD in a tractor beam"

Sadia@gulremal: "No other hostiles on screens, captain."

B'Atar@anncarise: "Let's bring it out of the patch. Much as I'd like to hunt down that ship, we're in their territory and they'll know it well enough to not be found if they don't want to be."

B'Atar@anncarise: "And I got a feeling they're gonna find us when they're ready anyways. Now that'll be one fun showdown!"

Sadia@gulremal: "Aye aye, captain!"

Sadia@gulremal: <FX> As IKS yol'raD is towed with tractor beam amd starts leaving the fields, crew starts singing the theme song....

Sadia@gulremal: The guns are hot, the hull is ringing,

Sadia@gulremal: The engines sing the sound of triumph;

Sadia@gulremal: And every one aboard awaits

Sadia@gulremal: A prize upon the high horizon.

Sadia@gulremal: Hand and weapon! Heart and power!

Sadia@gulremal: Cry it with the voice of Empire!

Sadia@gulremal: Victory and prize and plunder!

Sadia@gulremal: Vengeance flies at morning!

Sadia@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
1 Like